Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

West007 posted:

MW2 was the most fun cod for me. Flame away.

It's the best because it's the most balanced, and my most balanced I mean everything is broken so it all balances out.

A shame that game came out before the days of constant patches, a few adjustments here and there and it would be absolutely perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I will be logging in shortly to play with my xbroners, all ya'll best have a place for me!

Note: when it shows me on Destiny, it's my girlfriend playing, probably. I haven't decided to start playing it yet.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Just wanted to say that exo survival owns pretty hard.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
So now we're waiting on AW2, Ghosts2 and BL3?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Gothmog1065 posted:

Take out ghosts2 and yeah I'd agree with that.

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Gothmog1065 posted:

No one is waiting on Ghosts 2.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SilentW posted:

:eyepop:
you heard it first here folks, I wasted 410 hours in MW2 MP, should have spent that time in Bloops.

Obviously. :colbert: (Okay, MW2 is my second favourite.)
I think I have around 960 in BLOPS. Two years and change- cause MW3 was nuclear waste-level, unfinished, toxic dogshit.

Nevermind.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 7, 2014

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Pretty_Llama posted:

This is getting frustrating - I am getting a huge amount of assists without kills. Last night I had a round with 18 gun assists and I'm averaging about 8-10 a round. Doesn't matter what gun I'm using. I'll see a guy, start shooting and get some hit markers and fall over dead. On respawn I inevitably get the +25 from someone else finishing him off. I am the John Stockton of COD (short shorts included).

Less this:

More this:

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

dreffen posted:

Why have more people not called you a loving moron for linking this?

Mostly because about as few people care about is as they do Knifegrab's computer specs?

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Game is fun, but matchmaking on PS4 is just a complete poo poo pile right now. Playing in eastern Kentucky, I keep getting matches with people speaking Spanish, English with British accents, and even some French speakers. And also a smorgasbord of global clan tags.

When I ask "scoreboard, what is my ping?" the reply is "I don't fuckin know? One bar? Four bars? It's whichever one means what you see on screen is half a second behind what's actually happening."

They at least need to add regional or connection quality preference filters like some of the previous CoDs had.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I take it back the kniferun is dead and melees are garbage and this game sucks

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Undead Muppet posted:

Game is fun, but matchmaking on PS4 is just a complete poo poo pile right now. Playing in eastern Kentucky, I keep getting matches with people speaking Spanish, English with British accents, and even some French speakers. And also a smorgasbord of global clan tags.

When I ask "scoreboard, what is my ping?" the reply is "I don't fuckin know? One bar? Four bars? It's whichever one means what you see on screen is half a second behind what's actually happening."

They at least need to add regional or connection quality preference filters like some of the previous CoDs had.

Are you playing between noon and seven Eastern? If so, it's your own fault. That's prime time from Russia to the UK.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010

Mister Macys posted:

Are you playing between noon and seven Eastern? If so, it's your own fault. That's prime time from Russia to the UK.

Yes, you must played in the allotted 3 hours of prime time for your region, if you play outside of it, it's your fault the game is unplayable! Even if a multitude of games have already solved this problem in the long gone past.

The good news is SP was surprisingly fun and Exo survival is as well, gives us something to do until they make MP playable.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Online now on ps4. PSN is squarpushr

Add me let's do work

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

JaySB posted:

Mostly because about as few people care about is as they do Knifegrab's computer specs?

Computer specs are a lot shorter and are far more interesting than some lovely forbes article.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

for sure dude, you ever on Fb these days

Yeah. U still on my friends list?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Goodchild posted:

Yes, you must played in the allotted 3 hours of prime time for your region, if you play outside of it, it's your fault the game is unplayable! Even if a multitude of games have already solved this problem in the long gone past.

Can't you count? Seven hours. I actually get off work just before US/Canada prime time, And trust me when I say it lasts until three or four in the morning, when the europeans come back.

Trip report:
Mountain Dew: Code Red and...

- Aviation Gin @ 1:2 plus a squeeze of lime
Needs more Dew to be palatable. Not worth it.
- Tequila, *really long name* (extra anejo) @ 1:2 plus half a lime
Not bad, but not great.
- El Jimador Silver @ 1:2 plus a quarter-to-half a lime
Could totally get drunk on this. It's alcoholic fruit punch. Almost like Tahiti Treat.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

:siren: PC Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3679602 :siren:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mister Macys posted:

Can't you count? Seven hours. I actually get off work just before US/Canada prime time, And trust me when I say it lasts until three or four in the morning, when the europeans come back.

Trip report:
Mountain Dew: Code Red and...

- Aviation Gin @ 1:2 plus a squeeze of lime
Needs more Dew to be palatable. Not worth it.
- Tequila, *really long name* (extra anejo) @ 1:2 plus half a lime
Not bad, but not great.
- El Jimador Silver @ 1:2 plus a quarter-to-half a lime
Could totally get drunk on this. It's alcoholic fruit punch. Almost like Tahiti Treat.

Yeah but what did the Supply Pack get you?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
http://webmup.com/wrHgn.webm

i rain down lightning from the skies in the form of my feet and also get shot

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but what did the Supply Pack get you?

My corner store didn't have CoD promo cans yet. :negative:

Due to idiosyncrasies of beverage pricing, two cans is cheaper than everything but a 2L bottle here.
And I'm not planning on getting that drunk tonight...

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010

Mister Macys posted:

I didn't take it seriously, I thought the whole notion was obviously a silly joke. There are surely more then enough local people playing a brand new call of duty in any US persons region that finding a low ping game should be easy at almost any hour. At least this has been the case for the last decade of games in my experience.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Goodchild posted:

I didn't take it seriously, I thought the whole notion was obviously a silly joke. There are surely more then enough local people playing a brand new call of duty in any US persons region that finding a low ping game should be easy at almost any hour. At least this has been the case for the last decade of games in my experience.

People have to sleep/work/go to school sometime, and when the majority of the Western Hemisphere gets around to it, Europe is usually getting up, or getting off work/school.
You have a noticeable switchover in CoD's matchmaking, as far as P2P hosting is concerned.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 7, 2014

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Maybe you do, living in Canada :colbert:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

versus posted:

Maybe you do, living in Canada :colbert:

Maybe I do what? Have to work and sleep?

Yeah. Not all of us can live in the Midwest, with easy access to meth, free Obama handouts, and Obamaphones. :supaburn:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Hey it's been a while since I played a COD game. I hear people talking about kill streaks that don't terminate if you die. How do you set that up?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Feenix posted:

Hey it's been a while since I played a COD game. I hear people talking about kill streaks that don't terminate if you die. How do you set that up?

You can press triangle on certain killstreaks to customize them. Choose support and there you go.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Kilometers Davis posted:

You can press triangle on certain killstreaks to customize them. Choose support and there you go.

Oh no poo poo? Thanks! :)

Raithe
Apr 17, 2008

Don't worry: I've got the moon covered...
Not everyone works nine to five. The US should have a thriving pool 24 hours a day. At least for the first week.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Are the 3 shotguns really poo poo in this game? Seems like their range is really low in this iteration

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Raithe posted:

Not everyone works nine to five. The US should have a thriving pool 24 hours a day. At least for the first week.

But the US doesn't, and never has. (And I don't work 9-5. I wish I did. :()

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

all apologies posted:

Yeah. U still on my friends list?

Yeah I don't really use Fb but I have the apps on my phone

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I play CoD at some pretty weird hours and I've never had problems finding other American games but I live in Florida and we have 20 million people living here. I've heard some Spanish being spoken but I'm pretty sure those are just Hispanic people living here. I haven't had any connection issues at all on PS4.

Also does anyone know if you get extra clothing/exo stuff from beating the campaign on the highest difficulty? I got a bunch of Atlas campaign stuff once I beat it on normal.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

SpazmasterX posted:

I take it back the kniferun is dead and melees are garbage and this game sucks
I dunno about the tac knife but melee is a lot tougher than I recall, since there's no lunge-forward when you swing.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
So apparently Gideon's VA is also named Gideon, Gideon Emery. I knew I recognized his voice, he's also Balthier in FF12.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

coyo7e posted:

I dunno about the tac knife but melee is a lot tougher than I recall, since there's no lunge-forward when you swing.

I don't care about the lunge I just don't like swinging my knife in a guy and then having him turn around and shoot me.

EDIT: I lied i actually do care about the lunge :(

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

MadBimber posted:

That group is invite only sooooo....

Campaign: Did anybody notice how beautiful the main characters are? For army men they are all beauty queens with frosted tips or surfer hair.

They are not army men, they are private military company soldiers which means they are a product and need to have good looking packaging. This game was also developed to pull in as many conservative fans of Backwater with a favorable view at the start before turning them into United Nation loving homosexuals.

JaySB posted:

I don't really care but read fast and Doylestown represent or something

coyo7e posted:

I've only read one threat so far, it was from a kid with a lisp who claimed I was "probably a loving squeaker" because he shot at me, I spun around and TKed him before I saw the name tag.

He threatened to hack my IP anmd find my house and kick my rear end, then ragequit when I told him "stay in school - those speech classes will probably help you a lot."

I used to have speech therapy for talking too fast and now its no problem so kids they can't say poo poo about my voice.

No headset for my PS4 yet may also impact it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

SpazmasterX posted:

I don't care about the lunge I just don't like swinging my knife in a guy and then having him turn around and shoot me.

EDIT: I lied i actually do care about the lunge :(

Even when I have a drop on the guy, my first melee ALWAYS loving whiffs. Ugh.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Feenix posted:

Oh no poo poo? Thanks! :)

Yep! It doesn't have the option for like 50% of them but that's alright. For someone like me it makes the game much less frustrating. I've never been good enough to get the better killstreaks consistently so it's nice to always feel like I'm making progress.

I've been digging that A2M420whatever future thompson with the foregrip. The initial burst is great and I'm able to use it at a solid range. I swear I started off tied to the AK but now that I've branched out there are a lot of guns I'm liking. The laser is absolutely getting nerfed and it's going to be a sad day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Mustang posted:

he's also Balthier in FF12.

I was trying to place where I heard Gideon's voice all loving game and this explains it.

• Locked thread