Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Actually it's about ethics in battle reports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
#NotAllGreyKnights

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

#NotYourVoidShield

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I am a social justice exarch

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Social Justice [Iron] Warriors

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Death to the cis emperor of mankind

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
13th Black Cissade

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Check your primarch.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Please don't Slaanesh shame

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Nurgle at any size.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
All skulls are beautiful.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Gough Suppressant posted:

Death to the cis emperor of mankind

As an undead brain inside a metal coffin it no longer has gender or a sexual identity.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Don't misgender the Emperer.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

The glue trap works perfectly!
This thread introduced me to what gamergate is. :negative:

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

The glue trap works perfectly!
Doublepost

Dump_Stat fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 8, 2014

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Why are all beastmen represented as goat or cow/human hybrids? Chaos mutations are a spectrum and aren't as binary as cow and goat.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Frog and Crab men need better representation

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I think you mean frog, crab, and snake people.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Why must you insist on ignoring the noble struggle of crab frogs everywhere you monospecist.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Business Gorillas posted:

Why are all beastmen represented as goat or cow/human hybrids? Chaos mutations are a spectrum and aren't as binary as cow and goat.

I'm pretty sure beastmen are a stable species/race of chaos-aligned dudes akin to lizardmen, rather than being mutated humans.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm pretty sure beastmen are a stable species/race of chaos-aligned dudes akin to lizardmen, rather than being mutated humans.

Lots of beastmen are born to human parents :shrug: (and then killed/left for dead in the wild)

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Business Gorillas posted:

This is actually something I legitimately ask, albeit from a world-design perspective rather than a social justice one. :v:

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

JerryLee posted:

This is actually something I legitimately ask, albeit from a world-design perspective rather than a social justice one. :v:

Because it's way easier to make a race of goat men and maintain a coherent design and distinct model aesthetics than it is to make a bunch of random beast guys and then have to somehow differentiate them from Lizardmen and Skaven and such.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Also horns = Chaos, so there you go. Horns are basically nature's spikes.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Also goatmen and bullmen being evil and violent creatures predates miniature wargaming in human culture by a few millennia, ie Baphomet and the Minotaur, and the older things they came from. I mean, this stuff has been with us since Sumer at least, it's pretty well ingrained.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

They're both. Beastmen breed independently, though they can also be born to humans. In the actual fluff, a ton of brays/ungors don't actually have cow/goat features at all. The fluff also implies that chaos mutations come in 'strains', one for each chaos god: canine/predatory mammal for Khorn, bird for Tzeencht, insect for Nurgle, reptile for Slaanesh, and rodent for the Horned Rat. The Great Beast (Chaos Undivided as the Beastmen perceive it) tends towards ungulates and similar creatures (you get ponymen out in the steppes, and camelmen in the south, ect). All of the strains also do the tentacle-y/spike-y/bone-y thing too, and also have unique non-animalistic mutations as well (Nurgle can turn your blood into poo poo, for instance).

It's ultimately for simplicity of models, but it's decently backed up in the fluff.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I think in the first at book that beastmen got to themselves(6e Beasts of Chaos) they talk about stuff like the tiger men of Ind.

Also from memory NotAntarctica is wall to wall packed with beastmen.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

New GW CEO announced..

quote:

“The Board of Games Workshop is pleased to announce the appointment of Kevin Rountree as Chief Executive Officer with effect from 1 January 2015.

Tom Kirby, Chairman and Acting Chief Executive Officer, will take up the position of Non-Executive Chairman with effect from that date.

Kevin, 45, joined Games Workshop in 1998. He is currently Chief Operating Officer of the Company.

Commenting on the appointment, Tom Kirby said: “The Board undertook a thorough process in selecting our new CEO, receiving a significant number of applications for the position, both internal and external. Kevin was the outstanding candidate.

The board congratulates Kevin on his appointment and wishes him every success in his new role.”"

from BoW: http://www.beastsofwar.com/featured/breaking-gw-announce-ceo/

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Expecting approximately zero change!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

From GW's board of directors page:

quote:

Kevin Rountree (age 44), COO. Kevin Rountree joined Games Workshop in March 1998 as assistant group accountant. He then had various management roles within Games Workshop, including head of sales for the Other Activities division (including Black Library, licensing and Sabertooth Games). Kevin was appointed CFO in September 2009. During the year ended 29 May 2011, he took on the responsibility of managing the Group’s service centres globally. To reflect this, his title was changed to chief operating officer from chief financial officer. He, however, still retains responsibility for all financial matters within Games Workshop. He qualified as a chartered management accountant in August 2001. Prior to joining Games Workshop, Kevin was the management accountant at J Barbour & Sons Limited and trained at Price Waterhouse.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Expecting approximately zero change!

Excellent. The Kirby Solution will continue uninterrupted, just as planned. :smug:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
From what I know of him he was rather more forward thinking that some of his colleagues but they really should have recruited externally. If he was the best they found then it shows that the job is not attractive to good quality candidates.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
Hell no, that job has scapegoat-to-be written all over it.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

From what I know of him he was rather more forward thinking that some of his colleagues but they really should have recruited externally. If he was the best they found then it shows that the job is not attractive to good quality candidates.

I'm curious, what do you think are the things GW should be looking for in a "good quality candidate" and how does Rountree fall short?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

JerryLee posted:

I'm curious, what do you think are the things GW should be looking for in a "good quality candidate" and how does Rountree fall short?

I believe "fresh ideas" should just about cover it. Doesn't really matter how capable and qualified he is if he's just going to keep on with the same failed policies he's been enacting as COO for the last 3 years.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

NTRabbit posted:

I believe "fresh ideas" should just about cover it. Doesn't really matter how capable and qualified he is if he's just going to keep on with the same failed policies he's been enacting as COO for the last 3 years.

This about covers it. He oversaw a massive reduction in staff and overheads to cut costs that impacted on the companies ability to deliver what led them out of the dark hole they were in after the LoTR bubble popped. While he wasnt behind the annual price rises, he did nothing to stop it (why would he, hes the financial officer?) and was generally a yappy little yes dog to Kirby.

While hes not the worst person they could have appointed to the role, in the realistic prospects they had, he probably will turn out to be.

A good candidate would have been someone with a proven track record of not only turning around failing retail outlets, but also driving online sales and customer satisfaction. Clearly they cant pay enough to attract someone from the upper managements of a supermarket chain, but thats the kind of skill set they'd have needed to sort out GW.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Excuse me, a Tesco salesman is in no way capable of even comprehending the perfect figurines of wonder we call Citadel Miniatures.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Just call it "speciality retail" and you'll have them lining up handing in their resumes.

Oh wait, they don't even hire based on resumes, do they.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The fact of the matter is they just don't pay enough to get the people that would sort them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
T

serious gaylord posted:

The fact of the matter is they just don't pay enough to get the people that would sort them out.

They could give me 40 grand a year and free burgers for lunch and I'd turn that poo poo around.

• Locked thread