Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

og injuring himself fouling someone ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Bogan Krkic posted:

ryall should be off, hes a thug and a pedophile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72e5GR3eVYs

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Phwoar I can't wait for two more of these fixtures this season

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I think we should be referred to ICAC over Ibini. The fact we got real money for him defies belief.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Arnie loves players who can run really fast but have no end product

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ahahaha amazing

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
How was that not a goal

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

this is an absolutely awful game

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
This is the A-League, every game is awful

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

im glad thats done

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Glad I only caught last 20min. Ref handing out yellows like free candy

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Clean sheet, 3rd in a row and top of the league.

Going to be a big one next week.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
I missed this game despite my most careful of plans - it would appear I have serendipitously made the correctest of decisions.

I was listening on the wireless as I am an old old man, the first half sounded alright but every attack was anticlimactic like when you're a teenager and your parents keep barging in while you're trying to grind one out

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tongues posted:

Ievery attack was anticlimactic like when you're a teenager and your parents keep barging in while you're trying to grind one out

Pretty much. Met Travis Dodd tonight though, that was a plus.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I'm told that there was some sort of shitfuck about a disallowed goal or something? People maaaaaad

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

A goal was scored off of a foul on the goalie. Fair call I reckon.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

I'd imagine he's talking about Petkovic's goal.

The ref started setting the 10 yards but didn't look like he told the taker that it was on his whistle, Petkovic bangs it in, the Ref seem to call play on saw it went in the net and bottled it bringing it back.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Adnar posted:

I'd imagine he's talking about Petkovic's goal.

The ref started setting the 10 yards but didn't look like he told the taker that it was on his whistle, Petkovic bangs it in, the Ref seem to call play on saw it went in the net and bottled it bringing it back.

Nice. Hopefully this will mean that the commentators will have something new to talk about and can stop gushing over how incredible and handsome and brave and good Carrusca is

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Adnar posted:

Clean sheet, 3rd in a row and top of the league.

Going to be a big one next week.
Good lord this thread will be unbearable next week. I can't wait

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

suck it up, tardy

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Adnar posted:

suck it up, tardy

bes gon berisha the gently caress outta you

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
After not airing for two weeks the Hyundai A-League returns to Fox Sports 2 tomorrow morning with Melbourne City taking on Brisbane Roar at middle of the night time in the US of 4:30 AM est/ 3:30 AM cst/ 1:30 AM pst. I really hope this won't be the new normal time and date but since there's another UFC event tomorrow am guessing this is the only time they can air it despite the normal time starting at 2am est 1 am my time and doesn't interrupt any post game show for UFC.

Giovanni_Sinclair fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 7, 2014

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

After not airing for two weeks the Hyundai A-League returns to Fox Sports 2 tomorrow morning with Melbourne City taking on Brisbane Roar at middle of the night time in the US of 4:30 AM est/ 3:30 AM cst/ 1:30 AM pst. I really hope this won't be the new normal time and date but since there's another UFC event tomorrow am guessing this is the only time they can air it despite the normal time starting at 2am est 1 am my time and doesn't interrupt any post game show for UFC.

This should be interesting, at the moment both sides have looked shithouse for the vast majority of the season, despite big rumblings that they would a. Be defending their title in preparation for an ACL tilt on the part of Brisbane or b. Finally emerge from obscurity on the back of some support, both financial and in terms of fans finally arriving.

Unfortunately, it turned out that Brisbane had a few good players who got either got picked up (Bes, Franjic, Yaboah) or injured like Theo. Liam Miller having a full melt down after not being told why he was not playing in senior matches - because he was a loving passenger - and petulantly storming off might have some kind of effect as well. McKay is still a liability, Young is alright but prone to brain farts, Broich is still the best distributor but is targeted as always.

City on the other hand had the entire financial muscle of the universe and bought in three players who proved to be a distraction in Villas case, pretty loving handy in Duff, and injured in Koren. And when Villa left they bought Jesus, who is a good goal poacher but also injury prone.
Aside from these, all that money and they kept the majority of the pack of spastics who were and continue to be useless.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Wait, Villa already left?

4 games after all of that fanfare is pretty pathetic/hilarious.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

trem_two posted:

Wait, Villa already left?

4 games after all of that fanfare is pretty pathetic/hilarious.

It got cut short due to "promotional commitments".

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

MiniSune posted:

It got cut short due to "promotional commitments".

He was a poo poo fat pie eating oval office who couldn't hack it in a real league and pissed off to the mls.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Classic foreign fancy dans

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Leijer back in the starting lineup, goody. Put money on Joel Griffiths to score.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shmoses posted:

Leijer back in the starting lineup, goody. Put money on Joel Griffiths to score.

How freakin bad does he have to continue to be to get dropped?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He is the Jets best player oh god

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

International call ups next week :argh:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

softest fuckin penalty

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

There were about 4 penalties that could have been given there.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Adnar posted:

There were about 4 penalties that could have been given there.

yeah, but thats the same for every corner ever

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Got $50 on tards to win this when they were 2-1 down @ $5... too much quality.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Carney whyyyyyy

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Gingers

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Adnar posted:

Got $50 on tards to win this when they were 2-1 down @ $5... too much quality.

Draw no bet luckily :smug:

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
Christ, missed the first ten minutes trying and failing to get the SBS stream to work and I only barely caught the second goal. What have Brisbane been doing out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
This is loving disgraceful. This entire setup needs an overhaul. The rest of the league have surpassed us.

• Locked thread