Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
hi kevin

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
people who don't need to shop at thrift shops shopping there is hardly a new trend, it's a lot of what they rely on to stay going.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

same but james

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
36. NO POORS! If you are poor keep your poor dirty trap shut about it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Captain Foo posted:

same but kevin james

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

36. NO POORS! If you are poor keep your poor dirty trap shut about it

don't obey any rules that include no fishmech

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

the important part of rule 26 is the second sentence and not the first hth

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

ban anyone who brings it up imo

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

the rule, that is, not being poor

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the most important rule concerns the geological and culinary classification of clams

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
could someone get the rules re-posted and re-stickied? i never remember them all

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

the most important rule concerns the geological and culinary classification of clams

while this is a very important rule i would correct you that in fact the most important rule concerns this forum's authenticity and how it relates to the density of a stone and clever wordplay comparing this to the density of an erect penis

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

prefect posted:

could someone get the rules re-posted and re-stickied? i never remember them all

they were removed for a reason: most of them were pretty dumb

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nintendo Kid posted:

so are my posts :ohdear:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

um if this is true why does yospos still exist?

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Nintendo Kid posted:

like all laws amirite

:guyfawkes:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

PCjr sidecar posted:

like all laws amirite

:guyfawkes:

hey im just minding my own business here in alabama just sprinkling this salt here on these railroad tracks you see

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

while this is a very important rule i would correct you that in fact the most important rule concerns this forum's authenticity and how it relates to the density of a stone and clever wordplay comparing this to the density of an erect penis

specific gravity of the dilz

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

hey watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7XbukdoGmM
and have all your youtube recommendations for months be animal loving videos

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

some had potential. for example shaggar should be required to talk about silver light on prime days

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

id like to hear more about silverlight from shaggar ya

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

theflyingexecutive posted:

hey watch this video

llmao sign me othe gently caress up

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

theflyingexecutive posted:

hey watch this video
the expression on his cohosts face when they cut back to the wide view gets me every time :stonk:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
hey remember the google barge? well foia requests show why it was scrapped (it was a deathtrap and not suitable for the general public) but not what it was for

quote:

If you were wondering what happened to that mysterious Google barge that popped up last year off Treasure Island, the Wall Street Journal has unearthed e-mails that indicate officials thought the vessels weren’t safe enough for the public, leading Google to abandon the project.

In the trove of e-mails, obtained by the Wall Street Journal through a Freedom of Information Act request, Coast Guard officials outlined concerns about fire hazards presented by having large amounts of fuel and other flammable materials on deck at the same time as a large number of people.

“These vessels will have over 5,000 gallons of fuel on the main deck and a substantial amount of combustible material on board,” Robert Gauvin, the Coast Guard’s acting chief of commercial vessel compliance, wrote in a March 2013 e-mail to Google’s contractor heading up the project, Foss Maritime Co.

Foss Maritime told the Coast Guard that no more than 120 people would be on board at a given time, the Wall Street Journal reported, but Gauvin was unconvinced, saying that, should a fire break out, people would be forced to jump overboard.

“I am unaware of any measures you plan to use to actually limit the number of passengers,” Gauvin wrote to Foss Maritime in the same March 2013 e-mail, noting that the company was seeking quick approval. “While I understand there is a sense of urgency, I am concerned that significant work has already been performed without full consent of the Coast Guard.”

Google also reportedly offered to treat National Park Service officials, who were involved because the barge would have operated in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, to a tour of the barge. “They can pick us up in a special Google speed boat,” one official wrote in an e-mail.

The project generated quite a bit of buzz when people first took notice of the four-story behemoth made of shipping containers rising off the shore of Treasure Island last year. The company was tight-lipped for months about what the barge would eventually be, with speculation ranging from a Google Glass store to a floating data center to a giant party boat.

Planning documents filed by the barge’s shell company owner, By and Large LLC, referred to the vessel as a “studio” and “temporary technology exhibit space.”

Google was so dead-set on maintaining secrecy about the project that it required some Coast Guard officials to sign non-disclosure agreements.

By January, the mystery barge had worn out its welcome and state regulators told Treasure Island development officials that, unless the vessel was moved, fines would be levied. The barge was eventually shipped out about 80 miles east to Stockton, where it still sits idle.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

FMguru posted:

By and Large LLC

yes name your company after the fictional company that ruined the earth

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

loving lol at the barge

pram
Jun 10, 2001

quote:

a special Google speed boat

lmao

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
i see no evidence to suggest that it was not a floating child sex dungeon designed to be dragged out across territorial limits and then back again

pram
Jun 10, 2001
TO THE BARGE!!!!! - what sergey brin was planning to say eventually

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
From a distance, it looks bigger than it really is. Getting closer, he can see that this illusion is caused by an enveloping, self-made slick/cloud of sewage and air pollution, fading out into the ocean and the atmosphere.
It orbits the Pacific clockwise. When they fire up the boilers on the Enterprise, it can control its direction a little bit, but real navigation is a practical impossibility with all the other poo poo lashed onto it. It mostly has to go where the wind and the Coriolis effect take it. A couple of years ago, it was going by the Philippines, Vietnam, China, Sil,eria, picking up Refus. Then it swung up the Aleutian chain, down the Alaska panhandle, and now it's gliding past the small town of Port Sherman, Oregon, near the California border.
As the Raft moves through the Pacific, riding mostly on ocean currents, it occasionally sheds great hunks of itself Eventually, these fragments wash up in some place like Santa Barbara, still lashed together, carrying a payload of skeletons and gnawed bones.
When it gets to California, it will enter a new phase of its life cycle. It will shed much of its sprawling improvised bulk as a few hundred thousand Refus cut themselves loose and paddle to shore. The only Refus who make it that far are, by definition, the ones who were agile enough to make it out to the Raft in the first place, resourceful enough to survive the agonizingly slow passage through the arctic waters, and tough enough not to get killed by any of the other Refus. Nice guys, all of them. Just the kind of people you'd like to have showing up on your private beach in groups of a few thousand.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
if you rearrange the letters in "sergey brin" you get "l bob rife"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

From a distance, it looks bigger than it really is. Getting closer, he can see that this illusion is caused by an enveloping, self-made slick/cloud of sewage and air pollution, fading out into the ocean and the atmosphere.
It orbits the Pacific clockwise. When they fire up the boilers on the Enterprise, it can control its direction a little bit, but real navigation is a practical impossibility with all the other poo poo lashed onto it. It mostly has to go where the wind and the Coriolis effect take it. A couple of years ago, it was going by the Philippines, Vietnam, China, Sil,eria, picking up Refus. Then it swung up the Aleutian chain, down the Alaska panhandle, and now it's gliding past the small town of Port Sherman, Oregon, near the California border.
As the Raft moves through the Pacific, riding mostly on ocean currents, it occasionally sheds great hunks of itself Eventually, these fragments wash up in some place like Santa Barbara, still lashed together, carrying a payload of skeletons and gnawed bones.
When it gets to California, it will enter a new phase of its life cycle. It will shed much of its sprawling improvised bulk as a few hundred thousand Refus cut themselves loose and paddle to shore. The only Refus who make it that far are, by definition, the ones who were agile enough to make it out to the Raft in the first place, resourceful enough to survive the agonizingly slow passage through the arctic waters, and tough enough not to get killed by any of the other Refus. Nice guys, all of them. Just the kind of people you'd like to have showing up on your private beach in groups of a few thousand.

on golden waters sequel looking great!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

FMguru posted:

i see no evidence to suggest that it was not a floating child sex dungeon designed to be dragged out across territorial limits and then back again

hmm... android lollipop...

it's beginning to make sense..….

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
wow thats a good book cover

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

FMguru posted:

if you rearrange the letters in "sergey brin" you get "l bob rife"

hosed up if true

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fire up the barge

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
large Marge themed barge party

also if seriously wanting to ride in the "special Google speed boat" isn't grounds for hara-kiri I don't know what is

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

the short bus of speed boating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

google self driving boat.

plays ukulele music nonstop and is unable to determine the difference between a wave and a buoy.

• Locked thread