Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Uthor posted:

Don't know the exact source, something from 2000 A.D.

I'd expect Boris to have made the list at some point...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Wanna see a superhero decked out head to toe in denim, now.

Wait, isn't that basically Wolverine on his day off?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Phylodox posted:

Wanna see a superhero decked out head to toe in denim, now.

Wait, isn't that basically Wolverine on his day off?

It's called a "Canadian Tuxedo".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Yes, leather would suck for a super hero costume. Spandex getting into every crevice wouldn't be much better. Comic book characters do not have to and never have and never will give a poo poo about realism in their outfits, move the hell on.

Reed Richards makes the costumes for every superhero, including the ones in DC. Canon :colbert:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CapnAndy posted:

(Amazing Spider-Man 009)

Wow, a Bullet Points reference in 2014. Even I forgot that book existed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
How's Gwen know Kaine's handsome if he's still in his costume, hmm? :colbert:

(Although, cute touch, considering we know Peter's her type.)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gavok posted:

Wow, a Bullet Points reference in 2014. Even I forgot that book existed.

And then he dies on like the next page.

Spider Verse.

:airquote: Yay. :airquote:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

WickedHate posted:

And then he dies on like the next page.

Spider Verse.

:airquote: Yay. :airquote:

It's not like Banner Spider-Man did a single thing in that miniseries anyway. He was there just because "Peter Parker is the Hulk" was the main part of the story.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gavok posted:

It's not like Banner Spider-Man did a single thing in that miniseries anyway. He was there just because "Peter Parker is the Hulk" was the main part of the story.

It's still the unnecessary murder of a character before they can even do anything note worthy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

It's a generic term of affection, like being confronted with an unconscious Madame Masque and saying "wake up, beautiful."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Amazing Spider-Man #3.

I think it's their first meeting, so you can forgive Doctor Polaris for getting Spider-Man's name wrong.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

Amazing Spider-Man #3.

I think it's their first meeting, so you can forgive Doctor Polaris for getting Spider-Man's name wrong.
At least he said the hyphen.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Skwirl posted:

It's a generic term of affection, like being confronted with an unconscious Madame Masque and saying "wake up, beautiful."
Also she's been hanging out with assorted Spider-Mans for weeks now and just got sent to go grab a couple more, she knows they're pretty much all Peter.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Uthor posted:

Don't know the exact source, something from 2000 A.D.

This comic is actually way more boring than you'd expect, especially since it comes as a replacement to a comic about people hunting dinosaurs in the past to get meat to people of the future.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Lurdiak posted:

This comic is actually way more boring than you'd expect, especially since it comes as a replacement to a comic about people hunting dinosaurs in the past to get meat to people of the future.

I have never understood people's love of it, it's really not that good, perhaps if it had been shorter and not drug on for 16 episodes it would not have been so bad. The longer it went on the more ridiculous it became that neither the CIA nor the KGB could track and kill a single polar bear. I'm generally a big 2000 AD fan but, god drat Shako was a stinker.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Candle posted:

Good thing it's a comic book and that literally doesn't matter.

My immersion!

Prison Warden posted:

Batgirl also has to worry about getting stabbed at least as much as Rhyno does.

About even really.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Gaz-L posted:

Her Spider-sense warns her when hot guys are near.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Reed Richards makes the costumes for every superhero, including the ones in DC. Canon :colbert:

Paul Gambi mutters to himself while sewing up the tears in Captain Cold's parka.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Selachian posted:

Paul Gambi mutters to himself while sewing up the tears in Captain Cold's parka.

I don't like it when they give Captain Cold sunglasses instead of a sun visor.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

A villian that's immune to the delicious taste of Hostess fruit pies?!?!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

See, if the twinkies actually defeated Morlun, then you'd have a joke.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well you'd have a different joke.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

zoux posted:

A villian that's immune to the delicious taste of Hostess fruit pies?!?!

I think I'm pretty much over how aware Dan Slott is of himself. Oh and his lovely writing.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's amazing how such a good idea has been so loving awful so far.

"Hey kids? Do you like Spider-Man??? Well, it's time to murder him over and over and over again! ESPECIALLY THE CARTOONY HAPPY ONES!"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The conventional wisdom of BSS is so weird.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

zoux posted:

I'd like if Twinkies Shilling Spider-man could be used for some funny joke in this crossover instead of 'twinkies are dumb he is dead'

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dan Slott is not nearly as bad as people around here make him out to be and the joke and panel are funny and if I'd've shopped Kieron Gillen's name over Slott's y'all would think it was funny too.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

It's hardly that grim or gritty of a death. It's pretty funny, actually.

I don't like Slott either, and I know people genuinely don't believe this, but the guy isn't a literal troll trying to actively piss you off with every thing he puts out. Stop looking for reasons to be mad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's a humorous page and it just emphasizes that Slott can write well but for some reason continues to poo poo out terrible script month after month.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

zoux posted:

Jokes stop being funny when every one has the same punchline.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Yeah, I think that sucks, but not because of Slott, just because the Hostess thing has been done to death, from every angle.

I want to see a joke about someone sending away for X-Ray glasses or a decoder or something.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah, I think that sucks, but not because of Slott, just because the Hostess thing has been done to death, from every angle.

I want to see a joke about someone sending away for X-Ray glasses or a decoder or something.

hell, Grant Morrison created a character based on the Charles Atlas ads and wrote a whole miniseries about him.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dan Didio posted:

Valve has covered this very effectively.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah, Seanbaby pretty much clubbed that particular seal to death back in like 1999 or so. It's about as fresh as "Aquaman is useless lololol".

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Marvel 75th Anniversary covers for comics that never existed:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Marvel 75th Anniversary covers for comics that never existed:

I feel very sad to say I could name everyone but tattoo guy and soul patch.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Stop kissing yourself!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Tattoo guy is Ink, a fairly recent character who is not a mutant but gets his powers from a mutant tattoo artist than can give other people powers using tattoos.

I am however surprised that you do not recognise Adam X The Extreme. Guess which decade he's from.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

mind the walrus posted:

I believe soul patch is Adam X the Xtreme.

Beaten!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Who are all the characters on the Contest of Champions one? I recognize Godzilla, Rom, and NFL Super Pro.

• Locked thread