Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
John should have bonked Rose on the head with the warhammer of zillyhoo while braying like an alpaca or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cat Mattress posted:

John should have bonked Rose on the head with the warhammer of zillyhoo while braying like an alpaca or something.

JUST

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seems as good a time as any to bring this back

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Worth noting that Aranea had light powers and was able to gently caress with the revival system (so Jade's death was deemed Just, and she presumably did the same for Jane). Rose also has light powers; maybe she just felt dying was the better way to go.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Is there anyone here who legitimately gives a poo poo about this. Death is still loving meaningless and they'll all be revived once John goes for a walk and trips over all seven of the Dragonballs.

This is pretty perfect though.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

Is there anyone here who legitimately gives a poo poo about this. Death is still loving meaningless and they'll all be revived once John goes for a walk and trips over all seven of the Dragonballs.

It's not the destination, it's the journey. Rose died, with Roxy watching. It's a sad event. Even if she'll be alive later, it's still a tragic moment.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
So who is going to speculate on the significance of this apparently taking place right outside the lair of Nix, the Denizen of Roxy's planet?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tenebrais posted:

It's not the destination, it's the journey. Rose died, with Roxy watching. It's a sad event. Even if she'll be alive later, it's still a tragic moment.

It's not tragic. It means nothing because nothing means anything. Homestuck is a story about nothing because the author is just bullshitting it up as we go along. It's why it is good but it also means it is a series of mostly unimportant events

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

a series of mostly unimportant events

Thread title.

Seriously we've been on the "final acts" for three years.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there are more named characters in homestuck than i can count off the top of my head (dozens at the very least) and i can count the number of known living characters on both hands :unsmigghh:

and most of them are mass-murderers :kheldragar:

e: decided to check out tumblr on a whim. i'm not entirely sure all of the posts full of denial are jokes at this point :v:

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 7, 2014

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's not tragic. It means nothing because nothing means anything. Homestuck is a story about nothing because the author is just bullshitting it up as we go along. It's why it is good but it also means it is a series of mostly unimportant events

Press ====> to Pay Respects

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

Thread title.

Seriously we've been on the "final acts" for three years.

Actually, the new thread title is going to be Freak Futa's Shipping Discussion Megathread.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrBims posted:

Press ====> to Pay Respects

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Emptyquote.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Thank you

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

:sbahj:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Oh my God

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

:vince::vince::vince::vince::vince:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Freak Futanari posted:

Actually, the new thread title is going to be Freak Futa's Shipping Discussion Megathread.

Hell, I'll allow it.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Welp, looks like you're the only good character left now Roxy. It's all on you now, don't gently caress it up

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Someone give this guy a loving medal.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

all the remaining characters die, lord english kills everyone's ghosts, and the remaining months of homestuck are spent following caliborn's artistic career

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

:sbahj:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Freak Futanari posted:

:justpost:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

:captainpop:

Also this is the superior octopimp Hussie song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksdhHUGeDAA

Also also, there's a post going around Tumblr pointing out that the recent HEROIC popups have a pumpkin stem in the O:

that's not there on the original god tier clock:

Personally I think it's just a slight stylistic thing (maybe the big update was supposed to go up on Halloween originally?), but people seem to think it has some significance.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Fucknag posted:

Personally I think it's just a slight stylistic thing (maybe the big update was supposed to go up on Halloween originally?), but people seem to think it has some significance.

It's an existing font - Carima - which doesn't have that 'stalk' on it. So it's there for a reason, whatever that may be.

EDIT: It may just be a difference between capital and lower case though.

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 7, 2014

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The reason is because MSPA gots mad gourds yo.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Fucknag posted:

I'll never get sick of of "get to got tiger". It's not the most impenetrable joke ever, but it's up there.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Fucknag posted:

:captainpop:

Also also, there's a post going around Tumblr pointing out that the recent HEROIC popups have a pumpkin stem in the O:

that's not there on the original god tier clock:

I'd brush it off too, but pumpkins are an Important Object as far as MSPA goes, ever since Jailbreak. I'll put down an account upgrade/red title on it meaning something.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Triskelli posted:

I'd brush it off too, but pumpkins are an Important Object as far as MSPA goes, ever since Jailbreak. I'll put down an account upgrade/red title on it meaning something.

What pumpkin death?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Will it be Vriskatime for page 8888, I wonder? (Probably not.)

Fallord
Mar 22, 2013

Looks like he just wrote it in caps this time.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!??!?!

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

it means more free entertainment from tumblr

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
What's wrong with some heróic death?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

:drat:

Also, as far as fan videos go, I have a special place in my heart for [S] John: Just Lose It because I love a good Fat Vriska joke. :allears:

TinTower fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 7, 2014

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
So i was out of it for the whole gigapause and i'm lazy, is it still just the first two printed books out, or have more dropped?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

So i was out of it for the whole gigapause and i'm lazy, is it still just the first two printed books out, or have more dropped?

There's a third book, but I don't think more yet.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

So someone made this handy little chart over the status of most of the cast as of the latest update:

That's a lot of red.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ThaumPenguin posted:

So someone made this handy little chart over the status of most of the cast as of the latest update:

That's a lot of red.

This is the only important one.