Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:
so with the thread name change and all the -core chat, are we sill posting awful guitars or what

Dirt posted:

Like I said, Bob Log III is a national treasure.

Go see him live if you can, it's amazing.

going to see him in 4 weeks time, if the thread still exists I'll report back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W424
Oct 21, 2010

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/733246303/expressiv-midi-guitar-real-midi-real-guitar-real-c

So fugly.

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

aw yissssssss

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
not only can you avoid the dreaded keyboard, you get the satisfaction of playing something that wouldve been rejected as a prop in stargate sg1 for being "loving stupid looking"

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

I'm so art-rock my wang is now a multi-colored void.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ThePutty posted:

i don't know if you've heard metalcore or not but this is absolutely 100% accurate, i'm not even kidding

the only thing missing is the occasional lovely metal scream every now and again

i will not let the good name of metal core be sullied in this way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ-rUaOjJtw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0-FCmDcb0Q

Irradiation posted:

I might have missed this but it needs to be posted twice anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDzt6yI3Dw8

And do stick around for the end.

attack attacks crab core crown has since been taken by abandon all ships imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDgbYF48UPw

somehow even worse

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

shiksa posted:

not only can you avoid the dreaded keyboard, you get the satisfaction of playing something that wouldve been rejected as a prop in stargate sg1 for being "loving stupid looking"

the guitar body looks like... half a pair of glasses
the neck looks like... the leg of a pair of glasses

sometime in the recent past a midi nerd hipster got punched in the face, and as he stared down at the ground, where the broken pieces of his awful glasses lay, he had a eureka moment. "To kickstarter!"

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Fair Hallion posted:

the guitar body looks like... half a pair of glasses
the neck looks like... the leg of a pair of glasses

sometime in the recent past a midi nerd hipster got punched in the face, and as he stared down at the ground, where the broken pieces of his awful glasses lay, he had a eureka moment. "To kickstarter!"

It also has an infinity mirror inside the body. What more could you need?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Stux posted:

i will not let the good name of metal core be sullied in this way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ-rUaOjJtw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0-FCmDcb0Q

somehow even worse

I like when these guys used to wear their guitars up really high like they're in a prog-jazz fusion band that wants comfortable access to the entire fretboard, but instead just plays a syncopated drop-D tuning open powerchord berakdown riff the entire song and then the one kid who spent an afternoon learning a-shape minor arpeggio sweeps haves at the upper register

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

I like when these guys used to wear their guitars up really high like they're in a prog-jazz fusion band that wants comfortable access to the entire fretboard, but instead just plays a syncopated drop-D tuning open powerchord berakdown riff the entire song and then the one kid who spent an afternoon learning a-shape minor arpeggio sweeps haves at the upper register

wait which guys

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
it makes it easier to do that over the shoulder spin thing when you wear the guitar up to your nipples like you're in the beatles

also i may have found the one thing that'll cause more bluesdad aneurysms than that henry kaiser dumble vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuKWlGYQX0U

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Stux posted:

wait which guys

you know, the vegan looking dudes with the shirts that are too small and their keys on a carabiner even though they're on stage and also on tour so they likely aren't driving their own car anytime soon and also have sleeve tattoos and or gauges

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Spanish Manlove posted:

you know, the vegan looking dudes with the shirts that are too small and their keys on a carabiner even though they're on stage and also on tour so they likely aren't driving their own car anytime soon and also have sleeve tattoos and or gauges

And they'll look just like that when they wind up in public school janitor jobs.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lmao how old are you jesus christ

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Stux posted:

lmao how old are you jesus christ
16, and today's my birthday

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

idk about the chariot, but converge dudes prob aren't going to end up being janitors

also playing ur guitar up high is the best, lets you thrash yourself about properly and still be able to play.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
*does this face while playing what I assume is a 7/4 breakdown but it's actually 4/4 since our drummer can't count*

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

now I'm really confused

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the only good guitar music are the ones that doesnt put stock in being able to play well or at all and is about being angry and shouting a lot. everything else is trash.

IronLawnmower
Aug 28, 2014
Got this baby for Christmas about 2/3 years ago

It's my only guitar and I guess it doesn't sound too bad except for the high strings they sound really poo poo and I don't know how to describe it like whiny/twangy? I never bothered to get it intonated because I was a dumb rear end in a top hat but my friend said he'd do it for me tomorrow.

Please feel free to ridicule and mock my ugly guitar. What you can't see in the picture is all the metal parts like the pick-ups and bridge have this ugly fake dirt effect on them.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

IronLawnmower posted:

It's my only guitar and I guess it doesn't sound too bad except for the high strings they sound really poo poo and I don't know how to describe it like whiny/twangy? I never bothered to get it intonated because I was a dumb rear end in a top hat but my friend said he'd do it for me tomorrow.

Please feel free to ridicule and mock my ugly guitar. What you can't see in the picture is all the metal parts like the pick-ups and bridge have this ugly fake dirt effect on them.

That twang is probably because the strings are hitting the frets, raise the string height at the bridge a little, see if that helps.

Does your guitar have any paint left on the pointy bits?

IronLawnmower
Aug 28, 2014

White Dog Eggs posted:

That twang is probably because the strings are hitting the frets, raise the string height at the bridge a little, see if that helps.

Does your guitar have any paint left on the pointy bits?

I assume that involves twisting the screw thingies on the bridge? How will I know I've done it and not hosed myself over?

Also a lot on the neck points but the ends of the two bottom horns broke off earlier this year.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Stux posted:

somehow even worse

I don't know look at this crabbin'

some pro tier crabbin'

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
This "core" chat is nerdy and boring. You should all be embarrassed that you even know enough about it to post these videos.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

HollisBrown posted:

This "core" chat is nerdy and boring. You should all be embarrassed that you even know enough about it to post these videos.

that poo poo's from like 2007 grampa get with the times or buy a JEM already

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Stux posted:

somehow even worse

That's some high technical in-sync crabbing. Also, autotone the bassist's voice for automatic hits :thumbsup:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
you guys should all just read anything written by Sergeant D

http://www.stuffyouwillhate.com/

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

IronLawnmower posted:

Let me guess, you are 15?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

Ahahaha ya got me! Right here!

I really really want the white JEM. Should I buy one?

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Dr. Faustus posted:

Gotta catch 'em all.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dr. Faustus posted:

lol I didn't even need to put a bobber on that line, i knew it was going to hook something before I cast it out

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

lol I didn't even need to put a bobber on that line, i knew it was going to hook something before I cast it out

It's me. I'm the low-hanging fruit.

It works on several levels, enjoy it.

Serious about the JEM.

My preciousssss

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 7, 2014

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dr. Faustus posted:

It's me. I'm the low-hanging fruit.

It works on several levels, enjoy it.

Serious about the JEM.

One day you will learn to take a joke and not vehemently defend your purchases

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

One day you will learn to take a joke and not vehemently defend your purchases
I thought I just did take a joke. Self-deprecatingly, even.
That's how I meant it, anyway.

O, I will still vehemently defend my purchases, though; unless you intend to ban me again.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Dr. Faustus posted:

My preciousssss

Hey reddit, anyone remember this old gem?
EDIT: JEM

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
probably wont, probations don't make someone grow up so it's just a stopgap for the 'tism.

Hey you guys ever seen one of these things?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/meinl-siam-oak-string-cajon-with-makah-burl-frontplate

It's funny to me because "cajon" translates to "box"

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Stux posted:

the only good guitar music are the ones that doesnt put stock in being able to play well or at all and is about being angry and shouting a lot. everything else is trash.

IronLawnmower
Aug 28, 2014

unlawfulsoup posted:

Let me guess, you are 15?

15 when I bought it. Now I'm 17 and I realise how much of a retard I am.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

HollisBrown posted:

which videos, the joke ones? or the ones of good bands. because not gonna be embarrassed about either, actually. hardcore and derivatives are the best.

Spanish Manlove posted:

the converge track was 2001, the chariot 2010. fukcin IDIOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Stux posted:

which videos, the joke ones? or the ones of good bands. because not gonna be embarrassed about either, actually. hardcore and derivatives are the best.

the converge track was 2001, the chariot 2010. fukcin IDIOT

jokes on me I thought converge was 1998

• Locked thread