Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Could just be coincidence as I've now been jailbroken for nearly a week, but the last couple days my 6+ had been almost dead by bedtime. (it normally can go nearly 2 days with my use.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Feenix posted:

Could just be coincidence as I've now been jailbroken for nearly a week, but the last couple days my 6+ had been almost dead by bedtime. (it normally can go nearly 2 days with my use.)

I've definitely had some increased battery usage. It's not killing my phone but after a slow day I'm down to ~50% where before I would barely dip below 75.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006
Both of you should install DetailedBatteryStatus for troubleshooting purposes.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ezrem posted:

Both of you should install DetailedBatteryStatus for troubleshooting purposes.

I have it. It doesn't seem to be telling me anything bizarre.

sweatshopdaycare
Sep 26, 2005

~~~facial hare~~~
Looks like Eclipse got updated for iOS8 on Cydia, now called Eclipse 2. Pretty cool if you like having a dark themed iOS. So far have found it to be crashing my Messages app sometimes but otherwise works great.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Update and Jailbreak went seamlessly and am liking the upgrade. However, I too am finding the battery drain a little odd. DetailedBatteryUsage shows both accountsd and cloudd to be the main culprits on my I5. My ipad3 seems unchanged in UI speed and battery usage.

Really looking forward to Safari Download Manager and Backgrounder to start working again.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Hamburlgar posted:

Update and Jailbreak went seamlessly and am liking the upgrade. However, I too am finding the battery drain a little odd. DetailedBatteryUsage shows both accountsd and cloudd to be the main culprits on my I5. My ipad3 seems unchanged in UI speed and battery usage.

Really looking forward to Safari Download Manager and Backgrounder to start working again.

As someone said before, those services are iCloud back and restore, so to be expected if you just restored.

Personally I have not had noticeable battery drain, but ios8 just felt really sluggish until I installed NoSlowAnimations.

Can't wait till tsprotector p comes out. The debs Twitter says around the 11th

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
gently caress, tsprotector is a dealbreaker due to game devs making their apps not work on jailbroken devices. Good thing I didn't update last night like I meant to!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Javid posted:

gently caress, tsprotector is a dealbreaker due to game devs making their apps not work on jailbroken devices. Good thing I didn't update last night like I meant to!

Yup. That's my holdout as well. On my phone I updated but will wait to jailbreak.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I'm not familiar with tsprotector. Are you saying games just won't work on jailbroken devices or just jailbroken devices with tsprotector?

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

ibntumart posted:

I'm not familiar with tsprotector. Are you saying games just won't work on jailbroken devices or just jailbroken devices with tsprotector?

There are some games and apps that straight up won't work on a jail broken device, by design. Like error message 'gently caress off jailbreaker' and closes. Tsprotector hides the fact that you are jail broken from these apps.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
I want to try out a couple of iPhone apps on my iPad: tweetbot and overcast.

Is the Fullforce tweak for iPad updated yet, and which repo would it be in. Version in Cydia by default says it's incompatible.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
Jailbreak went pretty well, I did start installing apps off my AppInfo before checking for compatibility on the spreadsheet which caused some springboard crashes but once I giot rid of those apps all's well.

I am looking forward to stuff like AdBlocker, biteSMS, Forecast, PMP, Springtomize and MyVibe to get updated. 3x3 icons and no folder-in-folder is kind of annoying.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

Klowns posted:

Jailbreak went pretty well, I did start installing apps off my AppInfo before checking for compatibility on the spreadsheet which caused some springboard crashes but once I giot rid of those apps all's well.

I am looking forward to stuff like AdBlocker, biteSMS, Forecast, PMP, Springtomize and MyVibe to get updated. 3x3 icons and no folder-in-folder is kind of annoying.

FolderEnhancer is updated, and AdBlocker got released as AdBlocker 2.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Which repo for that?

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

ICHIBAHN posted:

Which repo for that?

Assuming you mean AdBlocker, I'm not sure.

I'm going by the dev's Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/_yllier_/status/530670269493706752

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ya, cheers.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Klowns posted:

As far as Springtomize goes, try out HideMe8's beta on the http://repo.cpdigitaldarkroom.com repo. It covers a good 80% of what Springtomize did.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
And HideMe8 gets near-daily updates. And the dev puts out lite versions of most of his big apps. And he doesn't charge you for an iOS 7 compatible version that actually has less functional features than the iOS 6 version.

Sorry about the vitriol. But the Springtomize dev is an asshat.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Ezrem posted:

FolderEnhancer is updated, and AdBlocker got released as AdBlocker 2.

Oh nice, I had actually purchased FolderEnhancer way-back-when but stopped using it for Springtomize. Looks like I can upgrade to the 8.1 version off my old license. I love my nested folders.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Anyone know of a tweak to make my screen brightness even dimmer? Reading in bed with all the lights turned off and screen brightness as low as stock will allow it to go can still be too bright for my wife.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Klungar posted:

Anyone know of a tweak to make my screen brightness even dimmer? Reading in bed with all the lights turned off and screen brightness as low as stock will allow it to go can still be too bright for my wife.

This works great on iOS 8.

http://www.cultofmac.com/300721/adjust-iphones-brightness-homebutton-ios-8-1-trick/

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Amazing, works on iPad too.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Why can't I get this to work? I enable zoom and the the next step says to tap 3 fingers but I just get a zoomed in screen. The example gif shows a window coming up with options.

arthur138
May 26, 2003

Feenix posted:

Why can't I get this to work? I enable zoom and the the next step says to tap 3 fingers but I just get a zoomed in screen. The example gif shows a window coming up with options.

Change the Zoom Region setting to 'Full Screen Zoom' and continue with the steps. By the time you try the shortcut you should get a full screen dark overlay with no zoom.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Yeah, fiddle with the full screen zoom settings after you select the low light filter. The article I linked leaves that part out.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Pangu is out for Mac

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
What are these games you guys are playing which freak out about jails breaks? Now I used to play a bunch of games and haven't lately but it was never an issue I ran into.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.
I'm guessing game developers finally had enough of jailbroken gamers getting in-app purchased goods for free.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

arthur138 posted:

Change the Zoom Region setting to 'Full Screen Zoom' and continue with the steps. By the time you try the shortcut you should get a full screen dark overlay with no zoom.

So I did what you said and nothing changed about me being stuck. It mentions setting a filter and I just don't see that option at all.

[Ed] got it working, I had to turn on the controller and tap it. Totally not mentioned.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 9, 2014

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Is it really that hard to just swipe up and change brightness using CControls?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Rick Rickshaw posted:

I'm guessing game developers finally had enough of jailbroken gamers getting in-app purchased goods for free.

That's sad because I jailbreak for tweaks and not to play questionable games with lovely IAP hooks. Ok not entirely but I don't spend money on those questionable IAPs.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Is it really that hard to just swipe up and change brightness using CControls?

You're missing the why. It's an added layer of darkness. It makes the screen darker while the bar stays where it was. So when you're laying next to your wife and baby at midnight and you load up a safari page, it doesn't blind them. (Because a fully dimmed 6+ on a white screen is still way bright.)

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Feenix posted:

You're missing the why. It's an added layer of darkness. It makes the screen darker while the bar stays where it was. So when you're laying next to your wife and baby at midnight and you load up a safari page, it doesn't blind them. (Because a fully dimmed 6+ on a white screen is still way bright.)

Ahh, makes sense.

Breeder.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

averox posted:

That's sad because I jailbreak for tweaks and not to play questionable games with lovely IAP hooks. Ok not entirely but I don't spend money on those questionable IAPs.

I play the game Ingress a whole lot. It's a location based 'augmented reality' (blech) thing, it was just recently released on iOS a few months ago, and they won't let it run on jailbroken phones for fear or gps spoofing I guess. No iap or freemium junk.

I just want to have a jailbroken phone, and play this one game...

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

It's rather eye-opening how many games and apps perform the same check and don't do anything with it, though.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Moose-Alini posted:

I play the game Ingress a whole lot. It's a location based 'augmented reality' (blech) thing, it was just recently released on iOS a few months ago, and they won't let it run on jailbroken phones for fear or gps spoofing I guess. No iap or freemium junk.

I just want to have a jailbroken phone, and play this one game...

Out of curiosity I downloaded Ingress on my phone and it never gave me a warning about a jailbroken device. I didn't sign in to Google as it asks but I'd think a check would be performed on startup before anything.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

spongeworthy posted:

Out of curiosity I downloaded Ingress on my phone and it never gave me a warning about a jailbroken device. I didn't sign in to Google as it asks but I'd think a check would be performed on startup before anything.

Nah it gives the error after you log in. Wonder if they log what accounts try and log in on jb devices...

Like the check is probably done at startup but only errors after you log in.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Plz don't hetero shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

spongeworthy posted:

It lets you log in but you can't do anything in the game.

• Locked thread