Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Give Pat a Job posted:

Anyone else have a problem where the game just lost all your local settings (on PS4)? Logged in today to play MP, and it started up like it was the first time (set brightness and everything). Control scheme was default and for some reason I'm no longer part of my clan? Loadouts are the same, but otherwise very strange.

That's weird, most of that is stored locally on your PS4 (with maybe the exception of what clan you're in). The loadouts most likely stayed the same because that is stored server side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Survival is so boring. The only rounds where you really feel in danger are the objectives, because you have to leave your camping spot. Spoon and I just got to 101 and ended up committing suicide because we had been playing for 3 hours.

Random Survival Tips!

Exo Cloak is life. If enemies don't see you cloak they pretty much ignore you. This helps a lot with the dogtags and emp rounds, especially with fewer then 4 players. Also great for regenning health, which takes forever.

When you buy a gun it replaces whatever you're holding. You can have two primaries, but you need to make sure you're holding your pistol when you buy the second one otherwise you'll hate yourself.

Don't bother using the care package scorestreaks for the early rounds. Once you have a full stack of 3, any other packages that give streaks will give two upgrade points as well.

I feel like heavy is the best class, because goliath really helps out with holding the hardpoint. Turret is dumb except for ripped rocket turret, and uav is nice but not essential except for invis guys.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
So you know the thing where you reload faster but lose ammo when you double tap the reload button? Yeah for some reason it keeps happening for me even though I'm pressing the reload button once and slowly, anyone know why it's loving up? It works fine in the firing range but as soon as I get into a match it becomes completely random. For clarification I'm on the xbone version.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

mk14 best gun. pop pop bodies drop

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Lucinice posted:

So you know the thing where you reload faster but lose ammo when you double tap the reload button? Yeah for some reason it keeps happening for me even though I'm pressing the reload button once and slowly, anyone know why it's loving up? It works fine in the firing range but as soon as I get into a match it becomes completely random. For clarification I'm on the xbone version.

It's a bug.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

venutolo posted:

It's a bug.

Of course is it.

Alright thanks I hope they're working on a patch.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Lucinice posted:

Of course is it.

Alright thanks I hope they're working on a patch.

Patch coming November 2015, developed by Treyarch.

Fake edit: I googled "call of duty 2015" to see if there was a name announced to use, and found this http://codfanfic.wikia.com/wiki/User:Magma-Man/Call_of_Duty_%282015_Reboot%29

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~
https://twitter.com/contrakkill3r/status/530381404484685824

lol if this is actually true.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

theres a couple of us on this website (like 3-4) who dont work in IT. is it bad?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

theres a couple of us on this website (like 3-4) who dont work in IT. is it bad?

No wonder the game's broke, it's coded in gibberish! That's not even english what were they thinking????

(I have no clue what any of that garbage means either)

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Looks like it takes your rating (K/D I guess) over a good connection.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

I don't know honestly, but I think they're saying that the game uses Trueskill instead of best connection for matchmaking.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

I think it says to pick skilled matchmaking over the best quality connection.
edit: thats what this guy says as well Contrak ‏@contrakkill3r Nov 6
@cajun0816 @F1sT Trueskill matchmaking OVER best connection.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Trueskill is Microsoft only though.

Or do they license it for multiplat games?

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I'm hoping this game has an actual community on ps3.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
wow hopefully they can just reorder the priorities then.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

All you can realistically infer from that is that some piece of code loads the DW_MatchMaking_Skill address. I would assume the assumption is that the game uses skill based matchmaking rather than matchmaking based on best network connection.

However, there are a lot of reasons why this isn't necessarily true. This code could be dead code or this bit of code might be executed after some sort of network based matchmaking that limits the set of matches and then the skill based matchmaking chooses from among that set. Also there are a lot of lovely developers out there who will copy/paste stuff and modify functionality without changing the name to something more indicative of functionality.

e: Without looking at a much greater amount of code, I don't think you can definitively infer anything from this.

venutolo fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 7, 2014

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Ps4 goons let's playyy

PSN - squarpushr

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Aphrodite posted:

Did they update it to support the 602? Last I checked it explicitly didn't work.

Mine works great. Also using a KVM switch with it. Not sure if it matters but I'm using the USB dongle extender as well

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

venutolo posted:

e: Without looking at a much greater amount of code, I don't think you can definitively infer anything from this.

True, but it just seems like something they'd do.

Did you pick this up on PS4 too or just xbone?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

A cool drat horse posted:

I'm hoping this game has an actual community on ps3.

If loving wiiu blops2 can keep a stable community ps3 won't have any issue.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

anuj posted:

True, but it just seems like something they'd do.

Did you pick this up on PS4 too or just xbone?

Sure, using skill based matchmaking over network based matchmaking seems like something they'd do, but using that tiny snippet of assembly code as some sort of proof of anything is specious in my opinion.

I have it for both.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Hackan Slash posted:

Survival is so boring.
They removed the entire leveling system so, yeah, competing for a high score is super boring.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Speaking of Survival... trying it out now for first time. Any tips? I beat the campaign, I'm solid-if-not-good at multiplayer, but even in the early rounds I feel like I get downed SUPER fast.

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

Here's another GAME FUEL code...
HBMH9 993X7

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

venutolo posted:

All you can realistically infer from that is that some piece of code loads the DW_MatchMaking_Skill address. I would assume the assumption is that the game uses skill based matchmaking rather than matchmaking based on best network connection.

However, there are a lot of reasons why this isn't necessarily true. This code could be dead code or this bit of code might be executed after some sort of network based matchmaking that limits the set of matches and then the skill based matchmaking chooses from among that set. Also there are a lot of lovely developers out there who will copy/paste stuff and modify functionality without changing the name to something more indicative of functionality.

Are you insinuating that COD developers copy and paste code across iterations? Hang on, need to replace my desk, cracked it in half with the sheer force of the chortle I just emitted

Also what shade of gray is your beard

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Thumbtacks posted:

What do you mean?

like, if i wanted to share my emblem with you guys, is there somewhere I can go via my browser on my PC? or do I have to take a pic of it with my phone.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Hackan Slash posted:

Survival is so boring. The only rounds where you really feel in danger are the objectives, because you have to leave your camping spot. Spoon and I just got to 101 and ended up committing suicide because we had been playing for 3 hours.

Random Survival Tips!

Exo Cloak is life. If enemies don't see you cloak they pretty much ignore you. This helps a lot with the dogtags and emp rounds, especially with fewer then 4 players. Also great for regenning health, which takes forever.

When you buy a gun it replaces whatever you're holding. You can have two primaries, but you need to make sure you're holding your pistol when you buy the second one otherwise you'll hate yourself.

Don't bother using the care package scorestreaks for the early rounds. Once you have a full stack of 3, any other packages that give streaks will give two upgrade points as well.

I feel like heavy is the best class, because goliath really helps out with holding the hardpoint. Turret is dumb except for ripped rocket turret, and uav is nice but not essential except for invis guys.

I don't know what this is.. but i'd like to.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Feenix posted:

Speaking of Survival... trying it out now for first time. Any tips? I beat the campaign, I'm solid-if-not-good at multiplayer, but even in the early rounds I feel like I get downed SUPER fast.

Either play with a friends and lock down a hallway/room or use the lightweight class, take gung ho, the BAL with lasersight, and constantly run around hip firing. Running around kind of herds the enemies so that you can just turn around and take out a group without worrying about your rear for a bit.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

venutolo posted:

hosed up if true.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ZentraediElite posted:

Here's another GAME FUEL code...
HBMH9 993X7

I used this. Got some Dewboots. Thanks.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

So did they make a version of COD yet for adults who have jobs and lives and poo poo or is this a bunch of kids who saw 'cool robot exoskeleton' and thought 'oh boy i cant wait to play TDM and let the timer count down while sitting in a corner' like it is every year

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Play DOM

Still a lot of that but less

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Rei_ posted:

So did they make a version of COD yet for adults who have jobs and lives and poo poo or is this a bunch of kids who saw 'cool robot exoskeleton' and thought 'oh boy i cant wait to play TDM and let the timer count down while sitting in a corner' like it is every year

It depends on what lobby you are in. The corner campers are still there, but the game is nothing like Ghosts. The only time I have had the time run out is in Domination, but that's because its set up exactly like Domination in Blops 2.

The Classic playlists on the other hand, are hellish. The maps are clearly not designed for the old movement system.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Play hardpoint. Everyone runs to a spot in the map so you can just toss grenades and hose down people trying to get in. And if you're inside it you get bonus points for killing enemies.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Apparently double xp is active now through the weekend

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Whats the Supply Drop logic? I only ever seem to get notified of one after I get my poo poo shot in.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
You get notified on death. That's all we know!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Feenix posted:

Whats the Supply Drop logic? I only ever seem to get notified of one after I get my poo poo shot in.

You get one for the first death or kill you have every third game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Mill Village posted:

You get one for the first death or kill you have every third game.

Definitely not earning them at that fast a rate.

• Locked thread