Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Whoever is on ps4 add me on PSN its
Squarpushr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Tried out classic dom for all of 2 minutes before saying "gently caress this."

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Last question for now. I still... STILL in hours and hours of play, have not unlocked a single Exo. I remember a feature on IGN or something that showed off some crazy gear. Do I need to be part of a clan or doing "Clan wars" or something for all the cool kit?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

No, EXO suits are locked behind challenges just like the other gear. For example, the KVA Assassin Exo requires you to earn 5 Merciless Medals. The challenge menu shows what you get for completing each challenge.

Also, have no fear, Glen Schofield is here! https://twitter.com/GlenSchofield/status/530766035470008320

Mill Village fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 7, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Mill Village posted:

No, EXO suits are locked behind challenges just like the other gear. For example, the KVA Assassin Exo requires you to earn 5 Merciless Medals. The challenge menu shows what you get for completing each challenge.

Ah, thanks. I hadn't even looked at Challenges yet, d-doy!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
You get an Atlas Exo for completing the campaign and I got some Elite KVA Leader EXO from a supply chest, looks kind of cool, it's like white/blue urban camo with some red letters on it.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Holy godamn poo poo, someone add Squarpushr so he stops posting the same reply every ten posts.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Wubstep shotgun owns pretty hard. Could stand to have a little more range but it's pretty fun. I've paired it with an assault rifle so I have some kind of defense on long range maps and, assuming I don't get spawned in bad spots, I can clean house with it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Mustang posted:

You get an Atlas Exo for completing the campaign and I got some Elite KVA Leader EXO from a supply chest, looks kind of cool, it's like white/blue urban camo with some red letters on it.

Weird, I beat campaign on normal and don't seem to have that...

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Can't lean

Game sucks

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Christoff posted:

Can't lean

Game sucks

Stop being a pussy and just exo dodge around the corner.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:thejoke:

Wasn't the lean in ghost bugged as poo poo? Like on your screen you leaned but to them they saw half your body or something?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Oh thank god, I just got an email telling me how to boost my multiplayer performance.

So now I will start using: guns, scorestreaks, and exo abilities.

Thanks, Activision! I would never have considered using those things on my own!

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Today I heard guys already into their first prestige discover that you could add bonuses to killstreaks. People are morons.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Fateo McMurray posted:

Today I heard guys already into their first prestige discover that you could add bonuses to killstreaks. People are morons.

I learned this early but the game does a poo poo job of explaining. Did you know you can customize your red dot?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Knifegrab posted:

I learned this early but the game does a poo poo job of explaining. Did you know you can customize your red dot?

You mean the clearly displayed triangle/Y option in the bottom right that says "personalize" (or whatever it is, I'm at work) when you highlight the sight? :haw:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 8, 2014

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Mister Macys posted:

You mean the clearly displayed triangle/Y option in the bottom right that says "personalize" (or whatever it is, I'm at work) when you highlight the sight? :haw:

Yeah that only appears on certain attachments/items arbitrarily. But I guess you keep your eyes glued to the control text in the bottom right of the screen as you go over all your class items huh?

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Fibby Boy posted:

Tried out classic dom for all of 2 minutes before saying "gently caress this."

Honestly I'm really enjoying the game right now even playing solo but I would rather pour molten metal into my rear end in a top hat than play the regular playlists. Classic Domination all the way, aint nobody got time for all that jetpacking around like some loving idiot from Halo. In my humble opinion they made a super solid game then poo poo in the bed with this exo nonsense.

If anyone wants to shoot mans the good old fashioned way hit me up PSN: I000_ANGRY_BEES or just invite me through the goon PS clan.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

Honestly I'm really enjoying the game right now even playing solo but I would rather pour molten metal into my rear end in a top hat than play the regular playlists. Classic Domination all the way, aint nobody got time for all that jetpacking around like some loving idiot from Halo. In my humble opinion they made a super solid game then poo poo in the bed with this exo nonsense.

If anyone wants to shoot mans the good old fashioned way hit me up PSN: I000_ANGRY_BEES or just invite me through the goon PS clan.

Congratulations, you're the reason call of duty will become a boring piece of poo poo game once more in the next iteration.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

The best part of this game is jetpacking across buildings looking for schmucks standing still pretending they're playing one of the bad Call of Duties.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I am that chump looking straight that can't figure out why he keeps dying

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Knifegrab posted:

Congratulations, you're the reason call of duty will become a boring piece of poo poo game once more in the next iteration.

...or I will just happily play in the classic playlist while you play in whichever playlist you enjoy most. Honestly I have much less of an issue with the mobility options like the jump and the dash but managing the other exo abilites is nothing but a pain in the rear end and if you choose not to use them in regular playlists you are seriously gimping yourself. Overall I still think this game is miles better than any previous CoD since MW2.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Eh... I feel like most of the exo abilities are barely worth spending a point on.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The only exo abilities worth having are jump/dodge and they give you those for free

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Fateo McMurray posted:

The only exo abilities worth having are jump/dodge and they give you those for free

lol, for someone who is sooooo much smarter than those pubbies who didn't figure out killstreak customization (:smug:) you're pretty retarded.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Eh... I feel like most of the exo abilities are barely worth spending a point on.

Gotta go fast.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

lol, for someone who is sooooo much smarter than those pubbies who didn't figure out killstreak customization (:smug:) you're pretty retarded.

Nope they're all kinda bad. I'd rather use the point for anything else.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I mostly play free for all so anything that gets me off the map/out of other players headphones is very useful.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

never seen the shinguards before

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Fateo McMurray posted:

Nope they're all kinda bad. I'd rather use the point for anything else.

Please tell me you use the point for explosives.

Pro-tip: Overclock and stims are probably the best abilities in the game.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Getting booted off live because you left a super laggy lobby is really annoying. So far that is my only gripe with the game.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Is there a throwing knife/tomahawk in this game?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Gaggins posted:

Is there a throwing knife/tomahawk in this game?

The spike drone. Wrist mounted spike ball that you shoot at people.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Just realized I got 3 supply drops while playing SP yesterday, but I turned off the game before going into MP later. Guessing those are gone for good, huh?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Fibby Boy posted:

The spike drone. Wrist mounted spike ball that you shoot at people.

It's near instant like the knife and you can also pull it back to you, which is great.

(Note that if you use two of them, you have to launch them both before you can pull them back.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I'm a big dummy and have only been using Low Profile (cause I'm a big baby) and Flak Jacket, a BAL with Stock, Silencer and foregrip and 4 streaks.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Wazzit posted:

I'm a big dummy and have only been using Low Profile (cause I'm a big baby) and Flak Jacket, a BAL with Stock, Silencer and foregrip and 4 streaks.

This is a good setup though? (Although if you're not using Blast Suppression I don't know what to tell you)

As far as "most efficient" setup goes right now (I hesitate to say "best"), the BAL with Stock/Grip/Silencer seems the best for try-harding. A case could be made for the parabolic mic I guess w/e

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Hardcore dom is very fun. I was doing alot better compared to the normal modes.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

does double xp stack? If you get double xp from a supply drop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Just fyi the two best perks you could possibly have in free for all is hard wired and blast suppressor. So many people rely on the mini map to pick up on exo movement that you can just jet to a small fire fight, clean up, and jet out without being detected.

And hard wired is to counter the system hack spam.

• Locked thread