Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
First one is ROT13

"go #syrobonkers and start next week by pulling anudder sickie for syrobonkers part two with dave noyze and aphex twin"

(aka the continuation of that interview posted earlier)

Second one looks like base64 but doesn't decode as such, tried a few different ROT(n) on it with no luck. Probably more of the same though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
Thanks for decoding. Bit sad though, thought it might have been a link to a track.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

at this point getting excited for new aphex is like getting excited that you have tickets to pink floyd

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
Um, https://soundcloud.com/richarddjames/sets/syrobonkers

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

Morning, Lister! How's life in hippie heaven, you pregnant baboon-bellied space beatnik?

Looks like around 40 unreleased tracks free to download. Thanks, Rich!

EDIT: Holy poo poo that new Rhubarb track

AtomicRust fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 10, 2014

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

lol

quote:

dave: ok, so finally don’t you feel a bit guilty about pretending to be richard for this interview!?

rich: nah, rich asks me or couple of his other friends to do most of his press for him , don’t think he did any this time around!
i’ve done several email interviews for him in the past, so im used to it, he always says to say whatever the gently caress you like and not even sure if he reads them, he usually gives me some good freebies, I got copy 02 of the Syro limited edition this time, which should be worth a few quid!
laters!

There is some insane rare poo poo pictured in that interview, good lord.

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

AtomicRust posted:

It's mostly just him screwing around with modulars. I'm guessing he can use some of that material for strange effects and rises and such.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Ninja fetus posted:

It's mostly just him screwing around with modulars. I'm guessing he can use some of that material for strange effects and rises and such.

Some of it is totally incredible as well. The sample from the Buchla 10-partial generator is a goddamn wonder.

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

Morning, Lister! How's life in hippie heaven, you pregnant baboon-bellied space beatnik?

Ninja fetus posted:

Yeah, most of it was Stockhausen-esque stuff where it's like he was just fooling around. I really enjoyed the Rhubarb track, though. And the reality TV sample was a funny thing to hear.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

That Rhubarb track is really, really good.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

68k posted:

AtomicRust posted:

EDIT: Holy poo poo that new Rhubarb track

Did he delete a bunch of tracks? I'm only seeing about 20 tracks and nothing named Rhubarb.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
Is there somewhere to download them all at once, rather than going through each one individually?

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

dantheman650 posted:

Did he delete a bunch of tracks? I'm only seeing about 20 tracks and nothing named Rhubarb.

It's on his soundcloud account, just not in that playlist
https://soundcloud.com/richarddjames
https://soundcloud.com/richarddjames/rhubarb-orc-1953-rev

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

68k posted:

T08+4 is really fun too. RDJ really seems to have chilled out in his recent interviews and seems way more open and honest about stuff...hope it continues!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

toiletbrush posted:

T08+4 is really fun too. RDJ really seems to have chilled out in his recent interviews and seems way more open and honest about stuff...hope it continues!

If that's him giving the interview....

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
I mainly meant the recent 'official' interviews in magazines and whatnot, the noyzelab ones are quite different!

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
You guys are talking about the orchestral arrangement of Rhubarb, right?

Also, "CIRCLONT4A[plydslow]+N[unmastered]" and "Threnody To the Victims of Hiroshima[aphex interpretation,monaharm kopeek+8]" are the poo poo

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I wonder if you could assemble these tracks into something of a Drukqs 2.

that hiroshima track is stunning, T08+4 is some good poo poo too.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
The bits n bobs on Soundcloud, the interviews and generally loving Syro after being a bit lukewarm on it when I first got it inspired me to load up Logic for the first time in months last night, and for that I'm forever grateful.

Ended up building an emulated PS-3200 in Reaktor using google screenshots as a reference. Doesn't have all the modulation options because Reaktor doesn't give you cables and just used basic oscillators and filters rather than model any analog-ness but it still makes some cool + wacky sounds.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

uhh did anyone archive the noyzelab interviews? they seem to be gone

e: and um, save the Soundcloud tracks?

toadee fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 14, 2014

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
I haven't but some people on the WATMM forums have saved the interviews.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

The more I listen to Syro the more I'm in love with it. I was really lukewarm on it at first but almost every track is standing out to me as an Aphex classic now. Glad I continued to give it a chance.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I can definitely identify with that, the only track I don't care for is 180db.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Constipated posted:

I can definitely identify with that, the only track I don't care for is 180db.

Same. It feels out of place, and I believe he's admitted that's intentional but it kind of disrupts the flow of the album.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Here's the Rhubarb track, it was originally released reversed. Realized it when I was working on some samples and Jimmy Tamborello played it during the Dublab fundraiser on Friday.

No limiting or compression, or clipping repair. The bass clipped that much on the original, reversed via Ableton's sample editor.

Aphex Twin - Rhubarb Orc. 19.53

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

How easy would it be to fix that bass?

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

68k posted:

How easy would it be to fix that bass?

Without a multitrack, it doesn't come out perfect. I tried a few modifications with a limiter and the new iZotope RX4 Declipper, which pulled the distortion down a good amount, however it also pulled out the space in the vocals that gave it so much power. Notice how the bass track is panned so far left. Aside from the reverse, I'm gonna leave it to RDJ to put up what he wants, as he did it.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

I see. Well, thanks for posting the reverse. This is such a beautiful version.

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014

toadee posted:

uhh did anyone archive the noyzelab interviews? they seem to be gone

e: and um, save the Soundcloud tracks?

From WATMM forum:

Interviews: http://we.tl/MIvmVdjnhb
Tracks: http://we.tl/X43ZWBdqhP

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Anyone figured out why the Noyzelab interview was taken down?

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

a_big_dog posted:

Anyone figured out why the Noyzelab interview was taken down?

Generic Aphex mystery bullshit. How loving Aphex is it to have a legendary interview with all kinds of insane bits that's talked about only in archives shared via dodgy file transfer sites and word of mouth?

SineRider
Oct 10, 2012

Come on die young

toadee posted:

Generic Aphex mystery bullshit. How loving Aphex is it to have a legendary interview with all kinds of insane bits that's talked about only in archives shared via dodgy file transfer sites and word of mouth?

Syrobonkers Kickass Violin Solo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

SineRider posted:

Syrobonkers Kickass Violin Solo

Haha, that loving Outside track.

Finally got a chance to actually listen to the Syrobonkers stuff, I dig it.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Aphex Twin is up for a Grammy. Seriously.

http://www.factmag.com/2014/12/06/aphex-twin-is-up-for-a-grammy/

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Has he ever won any or been nominated before? He's probably not going to get the nod but I guess that's still cool.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas
He was nominated for Brit Awards (best British male and best video for Windowlicker) in 2000 and 2002, but Brit Awards don't count.

Four-Twenty
Feb 10, 2005

no fear
new ep http://warp.net/records/aphex-twin/computer-controlled-acoustic-instruments-pt2-ep

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
5 tracks less than a minute long :worship:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
The Aphex Twin resurgence is real. :,)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomicRust
Aug 6, 2013

Really looking forward to some new wonky piano tracks to listen to. Loved those parts in Drukqs.

• Locked thread