Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

If they have Han then in that case 3 Zs, a Z and B, or Biggs and Z is fine. Lists with a single support ship are harder.

If there isn't a C3PO then R2D2 or chew baca come the closest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

I loving love you

Also if you want an e-z Reb list then take the Falcon + Stuff.

As for Imps I really love Interceptors but something with all the TIE Fighters in it would be pretty good

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Swarms aren't easy to fly well, though.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Tekopo posted:

Yeah nothing was really jumping out at me as an e-z Imp ship.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I guess the Firespray isn't too bad since the auxiliary fire arc means that flying it is pretty forgiving. 3 Firespray lists? :v:

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Is anyone else going to be at Worlds this week? I'm in Flight 1 tomorrow.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

Chill la Chill posted:

If they have Han then in that case 3 Zs, a Z and B, or Biggs and Z is fine. Lists with a single support ship are harder.

If there isn't a C3PO then R2D2 or chew baca come the closest.

Fat Han, Biggs, Prototype - A-wing.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

pbpancho posted:

Will there be a stream?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Just saw the FFG announcement to create a typical rotating format for their LCGs once they've reached maturity. I wonder if they'll do the same to x-wing once they've exhausted all the ships. It'll also allow for fixed versions of ships like the perceived broken nature of Han.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Tekopo posted:

If it's a mini swarm accompanying a named bounty hunter, so 4-5 ships max, then you could fly them in an easier pinwheel formation. It's better for rebel ships where their 3-dice attacks make the distance less of an issue, unlike the imps that want a box, but it's fine and way more forgiving for a newer player.

Defender, BH, and mini swarm works too.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

pbpancho posted:

I'm in the air now fliying in to Minnesota. I'm in flight 2, however.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Chill la Chill posted:

Defender, BH, and mini swarm works too.

I'll concede that 4 TIEs could qualify as a mini swarm, but 3 is really stretching it.

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Thoughts on this list?

Fett + HLC + outmaneuver + navigator + engine upgrade - 56
Echo + navigator + sensor jammer + veteran instincts + adv cloaking device - 42

98 pts total, though I wonder if fire control system would be better on echo than the jammer, which would put it at 96 pts. Which feels like I'm doing something wrong.

The strength of this list will really rely on superior piloting. Two imperial ships is risky but I'm hoping Fett and Echo's pilot abilities, high PS, and navigators would mean I could always stay a step ahead. But I've never flown this way before.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Just saw a friend from my store beat the French national champ at worlds round 1: thanks twitch.tv!

Edit: stream link is here-- http://www.twitch.tv/ffglive

overdesigned fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 6, 2014

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I'm seeing so many of the nova squadron guys there. It would not surprise me if there was significant enough numbers to see a couple of them in the top 8. We ran the practice matches over and over so I'm hoping those of us who went with Fat Han should be able to easily beat the tie swarms and BBBB lists now.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Did that guy just boost to the side when he should have collided?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The stream can't withstand the excitement.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
I had a rough day yesterday, 2-4. Ran Fel with PTL, Mauler with VI, and three Blacks with Predator. I haven't really been able to settle on a squad I'm happy with in wave 4-4.5. The theme of the day for me was hot attack dice, cold evades, which is not ideal when running TIEs.

Lost to Mr. Froggies of TC/VASSAL fame round one. He was running 3 Blues with Tacticians and a Y with ion and R3-A2. Had no idea how to go up against all that stress! Came down to Fel vs. an almost dead B and the unhurt Y, and the B got a lucky direct hit through.

2nd round played a female player running 2x Bounty Hunters and a Delta with ion. I killed a Bounty first round of shooting before it even fired, and it was all cleanup from there. First win.

3rd played the UK national champ, running a 7 TIE swarm. He flew it drat well, and it eventually came down to Fel and a Black vs injured Howl, injured Dark Curse, and a black before he took me out.

4th played one of the WI guys running 3 blues with Advanced Sensors and 2 Bandits. So much HP to chew through.

5th was up against Triple Bounty hunters by a guy out of Omaha. He flew them well, and I don't feel like I made any big mistakes but there were a lot of double evade rolls by those bounty hunters!

6th faced a guy from Ohio with a neat squad. Blue with HLC, Jake Farrell with VI and PTL and Chardaan, and Keyan with Advanced Sensors, VI, and HLC. I traded most of my TIEs for the Blue and some damage on the other two, then Fel hunted down Jake and Keyan. I gave him initiative so I could arc dodge, and it made all the difference.

Even though I fell flat it was still a good day, and the Vader promo cards we got already netted me a couple hundred bucks, so that goes a long way to soothing the pain!

I've got to work today but I'll be playing in the consolation event Saturday. Running something else...

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Welp, I just ordered Rebel Aces and one each of ABXYZ. :negative:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

pbpancho posted:

3rd played the UK national champ, running a 7 TIE swarm. He flew it amn well, and it eventually came down to Fel and a Black vs injured Howl, injured Dark Curse, and a black before he took me out.

Is this Keith Wilson? The UK X-wing facebook group keeps prattling on about him being there at the mo and I was wondering why, being the UK national champ would explain that :v:

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Welp, I just ordered Rebel Aces and one each of ABXYZ. :negative:

...and thank you, just reminded me I have a rebel aces set to open up tonight, had totally forgotten about that :)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

enri posted:

Is this Keith Wilson? The UK X-wing facebook group keeps prattling on about him being there at the mo and I was wondering why, being the UK national champ would explain that :v:
I'm really interested in taking part in some tourneys in the UK once I get a bit (a lot) more practice in, is there a site that keeps track of what's happening or is it mostly on facebook?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Chewbacca/Jan Ors 2-ship list that just won on the worlds stream is nuts.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Tekopo posted:

I'm really interested in taking part in some tourneys in the UK once I get a bit (a lot) more practice in, is there a site that keeps track of what's happening or is it mostly on facebook?

Seems to be mostly on https://www.facebook.com/groups/xwingukirl/ but then again I'm not that involved in the wider community/

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Still don't understand why the B-Wing k-turned when it could have confirmed the kill on chewie at least.

For those not watching, it was a 3 Z, B-Wing and Luke list against Chewie (with R2-D2, C3PO and I think hull upgrade) and Jan Ors and the B-Wing could have taken a shot at Chewie to finish it off but the player k-turned him because he thought the falcon was done to take a shot at Jan instead (which didn't do anything).

EDIT:

Swagger Dagger posted:

The Chewbacca/Jan Ors 2-ship list that just won on the worlds stream is nuts.
Yeah, same one I was watching. I think the Z swarm player made some critical mistakes and the dice kind of screwed him over at points.

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 8, 2014

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Tekopo posted:

Pretty much this group as far as I can tell:

EdBlackadder posted:

Seems to be mostly on https://www.facebook.com/groups/xwingukirl/ but then again I'm not that involved in the wider community/

...I've only been to the one tourney myself, I went in thinking I was pretty good at the game, regularly beating my few opponents.. got utterly destroyed and won myself the wooden spoon :)

There was a UK rankings website but that was run by the same guy who admins the FB group and I think he got sick of harassing tourney organisers for results etc. - not sure what, if any, official ranking there is out there to be honest.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Out of curiosity, what do people run on Krassis? I've been running him with HLC (obviously), Merc Copilot and a Stealth Device, but I almost never manage to keep it at range 3 to make use of the Copilot, and I'm tempted to just run him with a HLC and nothing else: http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!28:18:-1:1:;39:23,-1,-1,-1:-1:-1:;56:-1,-1,45,-1:-1:-1:

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

My Krassis builds are usually just the HLC and sometimes an Engine upgrade.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Is the Rebel Aces set good with the starter, one X-Wing and one HWK? Or should I look for something else? Trying to build up a fun amount for both armies so I can create a local community

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Rebel Aces is very good, and starter + Rebel Aces + X-wing is a good base. I'd get a second B-wing rather than the HWK, though.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Rebel Aces is very good, and starter + Rebel Aces + X-wing is a good base. I'd get a second B-wing rather than the HWK, though.

Got the HWK already, because Kyle Katarn is my homeboy. May get another B-Wing when I get Howlrunner, and Tie Advanced.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Of all the ship combos I've seen, I rate the Chewbacca build as among the most bullshit. How do you actually take it down beside the "just shoot at it with a lot of ships" because really it seems that Chewbacca can just invalidate a lot of the smaller, elite squads.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Finished up for the night dropping after round 5. 3-2 is a respectable record for someone who hasn't flown a ship since july. Heading back for the night to stress out about my netrunner decks for tomorrow morning. :negative:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Leo Showers posted:

Of all the ship combos I've seen, I rate the Chewbacca build as among the most bullshit. How do you actually take it down beside the "just shoot at it with a lot of ships" because really it seems that Chewbacca can just invalidate a lot of the smaller, elite squads.

Hammer it with a lot of ships or an E-wing with R2D2.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Carteret posted:

Finished up for the night dropping after round 5. 3-2 is a respectable record for someone who hasn't flown a ship since july. Heading back for the night to stress out about my netrunner decks for tomorrow morning. :negative:

How much was registration? Trying to see how much to set aside for next year.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

How much was registration? Trying to see how much to set aside for next year.

40 bucks if you preregister, 50 week of.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So who were the top 8 players for Worlds?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Its not done yet heres top 32
http://challonge.com/xwing2014worldchampionships

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

It's only been cut to the top 32 right now but it looks like a few nova squadron guys made it. Going to be funny if Paul wins again just so he can choose between which set of maneuver templates he wants to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh that's right, there's a whole day left. Derp.

• Locked thread