Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

cg7-3.jpg

This is the worst goddamned thing. Just let me past this so I can keep playing dress-up for gently caress's sakes.

If you move back more the only attack that can hit you is the flamethrower attack. Normally they get stuck charging but not moving so you're free to shoot them up or do a drag down on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mithaldu posted:

When would you ever not tell your team to suppress personnel, outside of reclamation missions where they must scatter?

I don't actually know what any of the other orders do :saddowns:

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
For the paid DLC are the clothes and stickers unique or can you get them in the game eventually? The weapons and citizens just look like booster DLCs

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

How should i be equipping my accessory? They don't seem to use grenades etc when i give them to them, and at the moment I have them using a light cutting weapon, but they don't ever seem to do much really.

I use the drill spear and an assault rifle, for reference.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I give mine the most fuckoff weapon I could find because they're pretty decent in aiming and they never seem to run out of ammo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Stux posted:

How should i be equipping my accessory? They don't seem to use grenades etc when i give them to them, and at the moment I have them using a light cutting weapon, but they don't ever seem to do much really.

I use the drill spear and an assault rifle, for reference.

I just give mine the strongest rocket launcher I have since they seem inept when it comes to melee.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Yeah, give them the biggest, meanest launcher you can. They definitely don't seem to need to reload, so let them have that rocket launcher.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Stux posted:

They don't seem to use grenades etc when i give them to them

They'll need the "Use Combat Items" order to be told to do that. Here's my layout:

I gave her an Ez Wolfe minigun and generally tell her to break parts and by god she'll do it alright.

e: better picture

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Nov 6, 2014

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Really Pants posted:

I don't actually know what any of the other orders do :saddowns:
Me too buddy, me too.

Stux posted:

How should i be equipping my accessory?
This needs to be highlighted: Your ACC has unlimited ammo. Always give them the weapon with the biggest punch and the worst ammo issues. Adelring (flamethrower) is a fine choice.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

They'll need the "Use Combat Items" order to be told to do that. Here's my layout:

I gave her an Ez Wolfe minigun and generally tell her to break parts and by god she'll do it alright.

e: better picture

See i remembered this for using healing items on them, but not grenades etc ugh. Think i'll keep it as a healing bot though because gently caress telling them to use something every time. Although I guess the attractor pill thing would be good actually.

And thanks everyone else for the tips regarding guns, I had them using a big rear end launcher before but switched it out in an attempt to get them to cut off limbs, but even after issuing the order they don't seem to do it a lot. Big explosions it is then!

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
It's reassuring that the Citizen's Voice takes several minutes to update to the most recent set of "24 HR SURVEILLANCE" even on a Vita TV plugged into a LAN cable.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

7-3 felt more like a puzzle than a boss fight for me since you have to destroy a chain and it's box, otherwise it will revive them.

Mithaldu posted:

It's reassuring that the Citizen's Voice takes several minutes to update to the most recent set of "24 HR SURVEILLANCE" even on a Vita TV plugged into a LAN cable.
Citizen's Voice has more stuff other than the "24 hour surveillance"?

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Are there any deeper melee tactics / techniques I should be aware of? Things like chain combos, timed hits, cancels? Just curious.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

mrEkli posted:

Are there any deeper melee tactics / techniques I should be aware of? Things like chain combos, timed hits, cancels? Just curious.

Timed Hits. There are certain timings for using Heavy attack that will make you execute an instant level 1 charge attack.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Is fire rate/attack speed factored into a weapon's Power stat?

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
Yo, what's the best way to farm mats to make a really rare Barbara's Easy Blaster and a Damascus Blade? Just go run around the Cell Garden a bit or do some of the low level missions? I've just been using my Murasame Mk 12 and an EZ Katze II Ausf. G, been going blind for a while and really need to get a better blade. Trying to prepare for the CODE 6 exam.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
Is it just me or is the online play really iffy?
Multiple times now it was almost unplayable, with everyone just jerking all over the place.
I used both quick and advanced search to make sure I got a good connection but it just didn't work.

Overall I'm burning out really quickly with this game, which is weird since I played almost all other Monster Hunter clones for lots of hours.
Something between the sometimes really annoying, repetitive missions (sneaking, fighting against sinners) and the bad drop-rates for flavorless components just makes it so the game doesn't click for me.
How are you finding the game?
Can you see yourself playing well into the postgame or are you going to finish and then put it down?

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
I'm pretty much done. Beat all the missions and can't be bothered to farm over and over again to make rare good weapons. And yeah the netcode seems like a crap shoot as to if it'll be possible to play or not. Wonder how much is that due to the lovely Vita WiFi.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It's definitely a ton of fun, but I feel like there was a sweet spot of difficulty/level bullshit that's too brief, and finding certain mid-range components is too hard given the equipment you're wanting to upgrade isn't even rare to begin with

It's a good game, but I think it's the sort of game a G version would totally nail though, so here's hoping

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if i could change anything about the game it would be to reduce the bullshit trash mobs. I just did an optional mission that was going well until I told my people to grab the last citizen and they stopped killing sinners and poo poo and enough spawned to wipe us out before they got the citizen to the thing. it was like an unending tide of bullshit and I lost 4 lives in about 3 minutes and my accessory got captured.

ive never played a hunting game that focused so much on the trash.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Weird since most hunting games start out with trash and then you move onto bigger and better things, this seems to start you off on big stuff then fill in all the gaps with trash.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Yeah the trash is kind of a pain. I was focusing on an optional Abductor in a mission and ordered my team to focus fire on it, so enough trash with rocket launchers spawned and suddenly I was the last one standing.

Pulled through by the skin of my teeth by killing enough trash.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

scissorman posted:

Is it just me or is the online play really iffy?
Multiple times now it was almost unplayable, with everyone just jerking all over the place.
I used both quick and advanced search to make sure I got a good connection but it just didn't work.
It seems there was a problem with the servers, and it could result in a corrupted file if you kept trying to reconnect.

OgretailFood fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 7, 2014

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
What elements are you guys using on your weapons? I was thinking to make my weapon Will'o or ice since I've never really seen electric or fire ever do anything.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Yeah I couldn't donate my goods to my panopticon. Which raises the question, what if you try to donate from the Window offline? Will that sweet GPP be added the next time you donate online, or is it gone forever?

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

RentACop posted:

It's definitely a ton of fun, but I feel like there was a sweet spot of difficulty/level bullshit that's too brief, and finding certain mid-range components is too hard given the equipment you're wanting to upgrade isn't even rare to begin with

It's a good game, but I think it's the sort of game a G version would totally nail though, so here's hoping

Yeah, I think I'll put it down and wait for the eventual G version.
I just failed a mission (code 6 optional) because I got just spammed by two shielded laser abductors and constantly interrupting trash mobs (especially the flying mobile ones).
I like the basic premise but the problems are just killing my motivation to play this.

Teslavi
May 28, 2006
Ridiculous.

Jehuti posted:

What elements are you guys using on your weapons? I was thinking to make my weapon Will'o or ice since I've never really seen electric or fire ever do anything.

I like Ice on my heavy melee since it makes those slow deliberate hits hit even harder. I've been experimenting with electric on my Kris (life leech light melee) and it's basically an extra 1-2 free immobilizes on an abductor.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So I think I might be misunderstanding something about super weapon manufacturing.

All I need to start with is a Rarity 8 Late Bloomer of any attack variance right? So if I pull the absolute worst Late Bloomer ATK for a Barbara, I can just fuse said Barbara with one of the C1 weapons that Simeon gave me and then it'll be a bonafide R8 G1 C1? Can I fuse it at any time or do I wait until I upgrade it to the advanced model Lv.1 THEN do it?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Policenaut posted:

So if I pull the absolute worst Late Bloomer ATK for a Barbara, I can just fuse said Barbara with one of the C1 weapons that Simeon gave me and then it'll be a bonafide R8 G1 C1? Can I fuse it at any time or do I wait until I upgrade it to the advanced model Lv.1 THEN do it?

I'm pretty sure you can do it at any time, but it's likely safer to wait until you remodel it first.

E: vvv There were reports of that, but then with my own personal experience it does not actually seem to change growth class upon remodel. I could just be getting lucky and rolling C1 upon remodel, though.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 7, 2014

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

Policenaut posted:

So I think I might be misunderstanding something about super weapon manufacturing.

All I need to start with is a Rarity 8 Late Bloomer of any attack variance right? So if I pull the absolute worst Late Bloomer ATK for a Barbara, I can just fuse said Barbara with one of the C1 weapons that Simeon gave me and then it'll be a bonafide R8 G1 C1? Can I fuse it at any time or do I wait until I upgrade it to the advanced model Lv.1 THEN do it?

From what I read the weapon gets assigned a new growth class when upgrading, so just to be safe you should wait before fusing.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

They released six special operations today.

And I don't like this one at all. :stare:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Emalde posted:

I'm pretty sure you can do it at any time, but it's likely safer to wait until you remodel it first.

E: vvv There were reports of that, but then with my own personal experience it does not actually seem to change growth class upon remodel. I could just be getting lucky and rolling C1 upon remodel, though.

Thanks, this worked out. Had a Barbara about 3 points away from perfect, remodeled, slapped on a Simeon weapon and boom instant C1 growth (plus a holy fuckton of Mods I didn't want :gonk:)

Now begins the long and arduous process of becoming a Barbara Bunny. LET'S GO SHOTGUN!

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Txn posted:

They released six special operations today.

And I don't like this one at all. :stare:
The PlayStation blog has a post up now about this, http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/11/07/freedom-wars-special-operations-start-today/.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hey to get the day's missions you need to update the citizen's voice, what a great excuse to start putting some kind of content in there :v:

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
Trying to create a room and does anyone know why I can't set the operations restrictions to 8?

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
It's probably going to be used for special announcements or global leaderboards, at least that's what I would use it for

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
You're going to need a full team of CODE 8 people for those special ops, right?

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
Whelp so the warren streetwear dlc is just a colour palette so I guess gently caress you Sony for making me waste a buck fifty on that with a really bad DLC description.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

dPB posted:

Whelp so the warren streetwear dlc is just a colour palette so I guess gently caress you Sony for making me waste a buck fifty on that with a really bad DLC description.

Did they really charge for it in EU? Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
Yep. And by bad DLC description I meant no description.

• Locked thread