Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Actually, that chart makes me wonder: what ever happened to the white-clothed Jack from Caliborn's session? Seems like he nixed Calliope's dream self and then we never heard from him again. Wonder if he'll ever be relevant at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I think Caliborn mentioned that he was planning on betraying/backstabbing that Jack, but it was never actually shown.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

CJacobs posted:

This is the only important one.

you're thinking of the mayor. the mayor is the only important one.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Is Hearts Boxcars actually dead or is he just in another Calendar year. The ending of the Felt Intermission with the results of using the crowbar on the safe always did leave me a little confused.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

ThaumPenguin posted:

So someone made this handy little chart over the status of most of the cast as of the latest update:

That's a lot of red.

I need a hug.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Casey's status should have been "army of skeletons".

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

But she was last seen on LOMAX. :ohdear:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I miss Hussie. he was a fun character, and I actually felt pretty sad when it turned out magic was fake as poo poo.

That said, he's a literal self-insert. How the hell is he one of my favourite characters?

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

CuddlyZombie posted:

Is Hearts Boxcars actually dead or is he just in another Calendar year. The ending of the Felt Intermission with the results of using the crowbar on the safe always did leave me a little confused.

Opening the safe with the crowbar took Slick to another timeline where everyone but himself and Snowman were dead.

Also that chart is presuming that Vriska's death was Just. I mean, it was, but that's still a presumption (it was).

It also says that Karkat is dead, and not just buried under lava.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

ThaumPenguin posted:

That said, he's a literal self-insert. How the hell is he one of my favourite characters?

A good character is a good character regardless of additional definitions.

i feel loving filthy for saying that

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThaumPenguin posted:

I miss Hussie. he was a fun character, and I actually felt pretty sad when it turned out magic was fake as poo poo.

It's because Andrew Hussie is a genuinely funny writer, so he knows how to make his self insert actually funny and entertaining instead of all the things self inserts usually are.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

It's because Andrew Hussie is a genuinely funny writer, so he knows how to make his self insert actually funny and entertaining instead of all the things self inserts usually are.

I agree, it was more of a rhetorical question. I am just really impressed by how he managed to pull that off.

I still remember my first read-through; I was amazed that he was actually going through with his self-insert, and that he was pulling it off.

Then he smashed through the fifth wall and I became starstruck forever.

I misused the semicolon, didn't I?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

frozentreasure posted:

Opening the safe with the crowbar took Slick to another timeline where everyone but himself and Snowman were dead.

Right, but later on, Slick is Doc Scratch's "guest" and the Felt manor is intact and a bunch of Felt members are there? I thought??

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CuddlyZombie posted:

Right, but later on, Slick is Doc Scratch's "guest" and the Felt manor is intact and a bunch of Felt members are there? I thought??

Doc Scratch doesn't live in Felt Manor, he lives in a weird Cueball shaped apartment building.

The felt members who show up there only do so through time travel, and are Clover who is impossible to kill anyway.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

CuddlyZombie posted:

Only the ones he didn't kill in the intermission, which I guess became retroactively dead. Weird time poo poo.

Probably easier to just presume cracking open the safe blew everything up. More interestingly, it put Slick at the helm of Karkat's adventure while his companions were in other pods, possibly in other timelines.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

That makes sense! Thanks.

Edit:

I figure the other pods only make sense if they took place before the Felt Intermission. They don't have to be different timelines, though.

The only other thing about Don't Bleed on the Suits that doesn't make sense to me now is Spades Slick "reviving" the Felt with Die's juju.

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 8, 2014

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Speaking of Doc Scratch, why is he not listed on that chart? :colbert:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

lotus circle posted:

Speaking of Doc Scratch, why is he not listed on that chart? :colbert:

Same reason Jack from Caliborn's session isn't there.

That reason being I have no idea.

KoB
May 1, 2009

CuddlyZombie posted:

That makes sense! Thanks.

Edit:

I figure the other pods only make sense if they took place before the Felt Intermission. They don't have to be different timelines, though.

The only other thing about Don't Bleed on the Suits that doesn't make sense to me now is Spades Slick "reviving" the Felt with Die's juju.

They die when the pins are inserted, therefore theyre revived when the pins are removed. It makes just as much sense as anything else regarding the Midnight Crew.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I'm a little bothered that on the chart, it doesn't say "very much alive" for Aradia.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Note Block posted:

I'm a little bothered that on the chart, it doesn't say "very much alive" for Aradia.

drat, you're right. Now I'm a little bothered by it too.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

KoB posted:

They die when the pins are inserted, therefore theyre revived when the pins are removed. It makes just as much sense as anything else regarding the Midnight Crew.

That would make sense if that was the case, but instead, inserting the pins takes you to a timeline where that person is dead, and removing it takes you to one where they're alive, which really gets confusing when Slick went there and started killing multiple copies of the Felt, as well as taking Crowbar's crowbar for use in the main timeline.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

MY GOD IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

poo poo I was gonna post the original image without even editing it, but i was way beaten, and with effort too. also lol.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So how long before some cosplayers re-enact this entire video, only with the tune "Too Many Trolls"?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Bobulus posted:

So how long before some cosplayers re-enact this entire video, only with the tune "Too Many Trolls"?
Excuse you, the proper name is "Too Many Stucks."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hmmm, I dunno. I kind of feel like Bro wouldn't bother showing up for any of Dave's school activities. Although it does make sense that Jade would bring her grandfather's corpse and stick it in the audience.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bobulus posted:

it takes a lot to fill a bucket

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

I mean, the melodrama – which is, to be fair, absolutely appropriate – does somewhat clash with the art style, and I thought Dirk's "Could you please just leave me alone." was a lot more effective at conveying a feeling of desolation than Rose's drawn out death sequence,

So I did get that sort of vibe from this sequence.

Also, that Too Many Cooks video is great.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

ThaumPenguin posted:

A whole lot of trollcharacters take themselves too seriously and say too many boring things.

Hussie doesn't allow 'himself' to do that except in the recap sections.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

GeneX posted:

I mean, the melodrama – which is, to be fair, absolutely appropriate – does somewhat clash with the art style, and I thought Dirk's "Could you please just leave me alone." was a lot more effective at conveying a feeling of desolation than Rose's drawn out death sequence,

I thought the "I never told her i loved her" was pretty cliche but the "you too mum" really got me, perhaps because I wasn't expecting it. :(

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hmmm, I dunno. I kind of feel like Bro wouldn't bother showing up for any of Dave's school activities. Although it does make sense that Jade would bring her grandfather's corpse and stick it in the audience.

Bro would turn up, but would be flash-stepping the whole time so no one would know he was actually there, and then he'd act like he didn't go if Dave questioned him on it.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm disappointed that while there's clearly trolls there, none of their guardians are. Come on, where's the humongous spider?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

No Nektan Whelan or Mierfa Durgas either. Are they even trying?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Tenebrais posted:

I'm disappointed that while there's clearly trolls there, none of their guardians are. Come on, where's the humongous spider?

And Roxy is technically there twice.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Hussie posted a new front-page announcement regarding the tone of these recent updates. Skeletons are involved.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Oxxidation posted:

Hussie posted a new front-page announcement regarding the tone of these recent updates. Skeletons are involved.

And Ballers

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I know Hussie doesn't always tack into the wind of an emotional event in his comic and it's been a while since we've had some unambiguous comic relief, but I don't think he has to worry about his fanbase being unable to deal. The hair-pulling, teeth-gnashing and accusations of emotional terrorism are really all part of the experience everyone's playing along with.

If anything, his newspost and the lengthy discussion of some things that've happened recently in the comic kind of sound like it's Hussie who's on slightly uneasy ground here. Like he's putting up a lot of panels with crying teenagers and death and regret and he wants to remind everyone on his "Cool Updates" bus that he is still "with it" and "hip to the kids" or some such thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Is there a human being out there who actually managed to read more than two sentences of that FAQ without moving their mouse cursor up to click the little x in the corner of their browser