Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

Soulex posted:

Ah. Yeah I worded it weird. I meant after the defender and attacker go at it. Essentially we were wondering (I've been trying to compare it with MTG moves so he can understand a bit better) cause we didn't know if it got canceled out or not if he died. His argument was first strike, so if he wins edge battle and attacks, regardless of me blocking it, it should "trample" to the objective if I don't kill him. It's a new system so we are learning bit by bit. The game we played was pretty close to the rules from what I've gathered. It was mainly the battling that was causing questions.

I might just be having a brain fart, but attackers choose which defender they attack right? Cause that was another one of his "this doesn't seem right..." Things.

Who ever wins edge chooses which character to strike with first. After you've resolved all the icons on the card your opponent chooses which of his cards goes and then resolves all the icons for that one card. You keep switching till all of your and your opponents defenders/attackers have been resolved. So all the cards involved in the combat will either be focused or dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

But I mean let's say he attacks with Yoda, wins edge and of my three blockers he picks the one to attack? Since he attacks first he gets to choose which card to hit correct?

Thanks for your clarification by the way

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Soulex posted:

But I mean let's say he attacks with Yoda, wins edge and of my three blockers he picks the one to attack? Since he attacks first he gets to choose which card to hit correct?

Thanks for your clarification by the way

Yes, you choose where the effects of your cards go.

So you win the edge and Yoda strikes first. Yoda has 1 gun, 1 blast and 1 tactics icon. They can be resolved in whatever order you want, they all resolve immediately. You resolve the blast damage first putting 1 damage on the objective. You decide to resolve the gun icon next and deal 1 damage to a unit that was declared as a defender. Last you resolve the tactics icon, placing a focus token on one unit.

If you had multiple guns or blasts they would all have to target the same card, but tactics icons can be divided between multiple units if you have more than 1 on a character.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Further clarification: While Objective Damage (blast icon) and Unit Damage (gun icon) must be applied to a card involved in the current engagement, Tactics can target any unit the opponent controls regardless of their presence at the battle.

One more easily overlooked thing is Shields. A player can use a shield token to cancel either one unit damage or one focus token as an interrupt so long as the damage or focus is being applied by an opponent's action.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Streaming info for WC: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5170

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Obi-Wan Between the Shadows Spoilers

Looks pretty awesome! Makes me want to use this with Forgotten Heroes so I can still have access to Jedi Mind Trick and Jedi in Hiding.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5182

Awesome. They are thinking long term. I like it.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Like this game will survive to 2018 :smith:.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Just postin' my favorite Light Side deck I've ever played. Almost a quarter of the deck is fate cards. I've had a ton of turn 1 objectives destroyed. It's not consistent at all, but it's super fun to play. I'm retiring it because I like to play new decks in league and because hopefully Rogue Squadron will be out sometime in the next 6 months so I can play new fighters :unsmith:

ps you haven't lived until you've had an Operative Double Strike after dropping 2 Target of Opportunitys to take out a 6 health objective

Affiliation:
Jedi

Objective: (10)
2x A Journey to Dagobah (Core 4-1)
2x The Defense of Yavin 4 (Core 8-1)
1x Hit and Run (Core 18-1)
2x Hoth Operations (The Desolation of Hoth 38-1)
2x A Hero's Resolve (Escape from Hoth 64-1)
1x Blue Squadron Support (Balance of the Force 92-1)

Unit: (27)
2x Red Five (Core 4-2)
2x R2-D2 (Core 4-3)
2x Twi'lek Loyalist (Core 4-4)
2x Red Two (Core 8-2)
2x Y-Wing (Core 8-3)
1x Secret Informant (Core 18-2)
1x Secret Informant (Core 18-3)
2x Wedge Antilles (The Desolation of Hoth 38-2)
2x Rogue Three (The Desolation of Hoth 38-3)
2x Snowspeeder (The Desolation of Hoth 38-4)
2x Luke Skywalker (Escape from Hoth 64-2)
2x Snowspeeder (Escape from Hoth 64-3)
2x Tauntaun (Escape from Hoth 64-4)
1x Blue Leader (Balance of the Force 92-2)
1x B-Wing (Balance of the Force 92-3)
1x B-Wing (Balance of the Force 92-4)

Enhancement: (6)
2x Astromech Droid Upgrade (Core 8-4)
2x Hidden Outpost (Core 8-5)
2x Hoth Survival Gear (The Desolation of Hoth 38-5)

Event: (5)
2x Double Strike (Core 4-5)
2x Rebel Assault (Core 8-6)
1x Rapid Fire (Balance of the Force 92-5)

Fate: (12)
2x Target of Opportunity (Core 4-6)
1x Heat of Battle (Core 18-4)
1x Target of Opportunity (Core 18-5)
1x Twist of Fate (Core 18-6)
2x Target of Opportunity (The Desolation of Hoth 38-6)
2x Battle of Hoth (Escape from Hoth 64-5)
2x Heat of Battle (Escape from Hoth 64-6)
1x Supporting Fire (Balance of the Force 92-6)

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

alg posted:

Just postin' my favorite Light Side deck I've ever played. Almost a quarter of the deck is fate cards. I've had a ton of turn 1 objectives destroyed. It's not consistent at all, but it's super fun to play. I'm retiring it because I like to play new decks in league and because hopefully Rogue Squadron will be out sometime in the next 6 months so I can play new fighters :unsmith:

ps you haven't lived until you've had an Operative Double Strike after dropping 2 Target of Opportunitys to take out a 6 health objective

My friend always uses Hit and Run for that reason. So much fun.

Myself, I've been messing around with Superior Numbers. I've been surprised by how well its been working, even without the new cycle. Precision Flying is really good. Now that I look at it, other then Superior Numbers, it's all sets from the Core. I'm always amazed how one new set can make something work.

2x Black Squadron Assault (Core 21-1)
1x Imperial Command (Core 26-1)
2x Kuat Reinforcements (Core 27-1)
2x Defense Protocol (Core 30-1)
1x The Endor Gambit (Core 31-1)
2x Superior Numbers (Darkness and Light 125-1)

I'm tempted to replace Imperial Command with Across the Jundland Wastes, too. Such an annoying Objective, and the extra Tactics icons don't hurt! Still, I'm a Scum player at heart, and I'm really looking forward to Between the Shadows.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I've made a funny deck which had Admiral Piett and all Targets of Opportunity the Dark Side may have. The rest of it barely synergized, but turning Piett into instant death of any objective was definitely worth it.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

holy poo poo that trench run on stream

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

alg posted:

holy poo poo that trench run on stream

Explain! or Link and then explain!

got it
@ 2:29:00

HOLY poo poo THAT WAS AMAZING!

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Nov 7, 2014

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Explain! or Link and then explain!

got it
@ 2:29:00

HOLY poo poo THAT WAS AMAZING!

COVERING FIRE?!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

PJOmega posted:

COVERING FIRE?!

I also really enjoyed how one of the commentators kept mentioned that he had no clue what these cards did because nobody played them competitively.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

I also really enjoyed how one of the commentators kept mentioned that he had no clue what these cards did because nobody played them competitively.

The commentator had no clue what most of the cards did. I haven't played in awhile so his Leia description threw me off for awhile.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Mick is back on stream again. Might be another Trench Run.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Just watched a 3rd Trench Run. This one in game 1 of the world championships

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

alg posted:

Just watched a 3rd Trench Run. This one in game 1 of the world championships

Is nobody running Tattooine Crash or did people not think to use Utinni to stop it?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Trench Run cannot be targeted:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

alg posted:

Trench Run cannot be targeted:

Ahh, well there you go.

Looks like Mick is in full control of this game as DS here.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

Ahh, well there you go.

Looks like Mick is in full control of this game as DS here.

Yeah. These games have been really great.

edit: holy poo poo that twilek loyalist draw

alg fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 7, 2014

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

alg posted:

Yeah. These games have been really great.

edit: holy poo poo that twilek loyalist draw

Lol @ the commentators.

[DS Turn] Draws...Force Storm, well that's not what you want to see now.
[LS Turn, LS drops 3 1-health units, Force Storm clears the LS board] That's why you run force storm folks.

World Champion. Boom! Congrats to that guy!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

good lord those were exciting games

I didn't even care about watching any X-Wing these past 2 days, the LCG stuff was so awesome.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
While Trench Run can't be targeted, Asteroid Base can. If the deck is really rolling, the loss of Asteroid Base won't affect it as much, but it can slow it down significantly, at least.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cool interview with Eric Lang, the guy who designed a lot of Star Wars LCG; notably this awful card called Trench Run.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A Fun Deck:

Total Cards: (50)

Affiliation:
Sith

2x Imperial Command (Core 26-1)
2x The Ghosts of the Dark Side (Edge of Darkness 87-1)
2x The Dark Trooper Project (Heroes and Legends 101-1)
2x Reinforcements! (Join Us or Die 115-1)
2x The Call of the Cult (Darkness and Light 124-1)

Hate is amazing in the current meta against Jedi. It's also great on cultists and decent on Speeder bikes when your opponent has a lot of Echoes.

It's an aggressive deck that can blow up 1 objective a turn pretty easily.

Dark Memories is actually not terrible in a May the Force Be With You dominated meta, too.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Holy poo poo. Thrawn!

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5200

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

I like it when they strive to make multiplayer pods playable in 1v1. Thrawn is great.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Yeah, it's definitely been too long since we got some more stuff that's open to multiplayer as well.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

New Falcon is great. New Han is pretty good. Dang.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5239

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Thematically I like that set a lot. Mechanically I think the Falcon is so-so, Solo is great as a pilot with a decent stat line for just being played normally. I guess it's all going to see how effective the Pilot mechanic works out before we really know how great this stuff is. The objective works against Solo's ability to some degree but I do like it in general. Well Paid is good for what it is but I think stacking two of them in the set is too much.

Anyway, I wish they'd have shipped Between the Shadows already.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Is sacrificed unit considered destroyed, or just sacrificed?

Or in other words, would sacrificing a unit taking part in an engagement trigger Knowledge and Defense (the objective)?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Rumor has it that Between the Shadows is shipping in Europe

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Between the Shadows is finally shipping for 1/5 delivery!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

That Ewok set looks fantastic.

I'm strangely into Tagge's set as well.

Xizor's is cool, but I'm curious to see how well it actually plays, it seems like with some Corrupt Officials it could be a real nightmare for your opponent.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I just got this game from the TG Secret Santa, and I'm excited to finally give it a spin after having it sit on a wish list for 2 years. I was wondering which sets would be the best to pick up if I was interested in building a primarily Scum & Villainy based deck? Edge of Darkness first, obviously, but beyond that I'm not sure whats available as far as good Scum pods.

Other than Scum, Rebel and Imperial fighters are something I can't wait to see more of when the Rogue Squadron cycle comes out.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Lucrative Contract from Assault on Echo Base pack. The whole set is just bonkers, and pretty universal at that. Also, apparently a big box full of scum cards will arrive soon!

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
The Droid's Task from It Binds All Things. IG-88 is really awesome. I'm a big fan of Jabba's Orders from The Search for Skywalker, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I like Slave Trade a lot and even though I just took it out Findsman's Intuition its a great set as well particularly against the very strong field of Jedi.

• Locked thread