Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
They should also slightly increase the time allotment for getting multikills. I get doubles all the time, but last night I had a quad feed and didn't get anything for it :saddowns: With the more open maps and dodging ability I feel like you should have a larger window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

As you're ripping the guy out of the truck just start spamming the jump button. Doesn't matter how many times you hit it as long as you get it in the tiny window

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Is the HC team mate kill spreadsheet coming back? PLEASE SAY YES.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

WHOA HAY THIS SHOTGUN IS PRETTY FUN YO

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Rei_ posted:

WHOA HAY THIS SHOTGUN IS PRETTY FUN YO

Best way to play this game is running around like an idiot with a shotgun/akimbo anything with lightweight and a shield in your secondary slot.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Anyone still on the 360 can add me if they are looking for people to play with. I'll play anything, but if asked, I prefer search.

Gt is Swish Jones

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Christoff posted:

Replied last page but here you go

Yeah xim4 is the only option really for the ps4 and xbone. They use a smart translator which is pretty much the mouse movement I think for specific games. Each one will have their own profile you download and use. The AW one isn't out yet but the ghost one works well enough. It's expensive, yeah, but that's going to be up to you. They do hold their value pretty well. You'll want a KVM switch if you use it at a desk with your PC. A nice gaming mouse and preferably a mechanical keyboard. It honestly feels 100% like you're on PC but I'm not some competitive counter strike player. Let me know if you have anymore questions

I've got a xim4 I haven't gotten around to hooking up yet. Which kvm do you recommend? I would assume lag would be a concern when using a kvm switch. I'm going to drag the ps4 over to my computer desk.

edit-
this seems to be the one to get

http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-2-Port-Switch-Cables-GCS22U/dp/B001D1UTC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407754355&sr=8-1&keywords=IO+Gear+KVM+switch

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 8, 2014

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
game is cool. but gently caress, everyone only uses the bal and ak. why even have other guns

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

de_dust posted:

game is cool. but gently caress, everyone only uses the bal and ak. why even have other guns

Cause if they put 2 guns on the box no one would buy it (yea right lol)

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

de_dust posted:

The other guns are pretty weak in comparison, even the AK isn't that great against the Bal. Buffing the other guns would help a lot.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I love the look of the Heavy Machine Guns, but are they actually viable as your primary weapon?

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."
I know there's always a popular gun like the M16 in COD4 or the AK74u in BLops but it's a little absurd that the game has only been out for 4 days and 90% of people have already settled in to the BAL + Silencer and Foregrip.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I love the look of the Heavy Machine Guns, but are they actually viable as your primary weapon?
I haven't really had any luck with them compared to older guns like the Chugga. It may have to do with the increased mobility of players, or maybe I'm just Doing It Wrong.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

sdr782 posted:

I know there's always a popular gun like the M16 in COD4 or the AK74u in BLops but it's a little absurd that the game has only been out for 4 days and 90% of people have already settled in to the BAL + Silencer and Foregrip.

Those guns worked with certain play styles, so it makes sense.

the bal works for every play style. if you use another gun you're putting yourself at a severe disadvantage

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

Christoff posted:

Gf decided to call me for serious chat and I wasn't gonna tell her I'm drinking dew and playing COD!! I'm sorry!
We've won like every other game though

Replied last page but here you go

Yeah xim4 is the only option really for the ps4 and xbone. They use a smart translator which is pretty much the mouse movement I think for specific games. Each one will have their own profile you download and use. The AW one isn't out yet but the ghost one works well enough. It's expensive, yeah, but that's going to be up to you. They do hold their value pretty well. You'll want a KVM switch if you use it at a desk with your PC. A nice gaming mouse and preferably a mechanical keyboard. It honestly feels 100% like you're on PC but I'm not some competitive counter strike player. Let me know if you have anymore questions

Sounds good enough for me. Thanks for the info, i play on 360 and can't stand how mushy aiming with a controller is. Looks like I'm going ot turn some tricks to get me a xim4. and a mouse/keyboard set so i don't have to keep swapping

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
That ak thoe

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Cause if they put 2 guns on the box no one would buy it (yea right lol)

more like titan FAIL

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

Best way to play this game is running around like an idiot with a shotgun/akimbo anything with lightweight and a shield in your secondary slot.

Wubstep shotgun with laser sight and advanced rifling. Light weight, low profile, blind eye, hard wired, blast suppressor. Exo cloak. Uav w/ support and threat detector.

Works really well for me in free for all. Jet in to a fire fight, kill a couple, jet away to safety. Some dude decides to chase me? Jet around a corner, pop cloak, and go prone. Works most of the time for throwing people off.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

sdr782 posted:

I got laughed at during a final killcam by a whole team of BAL tryhards for using the MP11, it hurt my feelings man. At least I got the smug satisfaction of beating them with it :smugdog:

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I know I'm awful and terrible at this game, but is anyone else having difficulty hearing people shooting you from behind? Even in ghosts I could hear a knife whiff or tell when someone was having terrible aim behind me. I just can't hear anyone in this game.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Gothmog1065 posted:

I know I'm awful and terrible at this game, but is anyone else having difficulty hearing people shooting you from behind? Even in ghosts I could hear a knife whiff or tell when someone was having terrible aim behind me. I just can't hear anyone in this game.
Nah, I still hear missed knives and gunshots. I just can't turn around fast enough to kill them :v:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

SubponticatePoster posted:

Nah, I still hear missed knives and gunshots. I just can't turn around fast enough to kill them :v:

Dunno if it's on all systems but on 360 there's movement lag when coming out of a run or doing something immediately coming out of ads. Specifically your character turns slower so it makes it harder to fight back when you get caught by surprise. I noticed then when I upped my sensitivity to 8 and trying to turn in those situations made it feel like I was playing on 2 or 3.

Like I said it's probably just a problem on 360 but it might explain why you can't turn around fast enough to fight back.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Please, the IMR is clearly the best Assault Rifle. Four round burst, excellent damage and it prints its own ammo (albeit very slowly). I got a neat blue and yellow version in a supply drop and it wrecks fools.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Fibby Boy posted:

Dunno if it's on all systems but on 360 there's movement lag when coming out of a run or doing something immediately coming out of ads. Specifically your character turns slower so it makes it harder to fight back when you get caught by surprise. I noticed then when I upped my sensitivity to 8 and trying to turn in those situations made it feel like I was playing on 2 or 3.

Like I said it's probably just a problem on 360 but it might explain why you can't turn around fast enough to fight back.
99% of my problem is that I'm old and terrible. This happens when I'm just jogging along :corsair:

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

SubponticatePoster posted:

99% of my problem is that I'm old and terrible. This happens when I'm just jogging along :corsair:

I feel you there. Anytime some dew fueled kid flies around the corner and quickscopes me I find myself shaking my fist at the screen and yelling 'YOU IDIOT KIDS AND YOUR FANCY GODDAMN JETPACKS, BACK IN MY DAY I WOULD HAVE DROPPED 3 GRENADES UPON DEATH AND poo poo ALL OVER YOUR PARADE' :corsair:

Also nothing is quite as annoying as a whole team running System Hack and doing well. I don't think it's actually all that useful but it makes me so drat angry having that skull and the obnoxious sound that comes with it popping up twice every minute.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Turns out this game has the same "hybrid" listen servers/dedicated servers system that Ghosts has. :negative:
http://charlieintel.com/2014/11/07/shgames-says-advanced-warfare-runs-dedicated-listen-servers-details-upcoming-fixes/

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mill Village posted:

Turns out this game has the same "hybrid" listen servers/dedicated servers system that Ghosts has. :negative:
http://charlieintel.com/2014/11/07/shgames-says-advanced-warfare-runs-dedicated-listen-servers-details-upcoming-fixes/

I loving told you.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Please, the IMR is clearly the best Assault Rifle. Four round burst, excellent damage and it prints its own ammo (albeit very slowly). I got a neat blue and yellow version in a supply drop and it wrecks fools.

This 1000x. The blue and yellow one is an unlock for getting 300 kills, btw, unless you got that variant early through a drop. That version increases the firing rate such that you can fire bursts almost as fast as you can pull the trigger, which is insane. Slap a foregrip and exmags on it and dayum.

Even the base level version kills in one burst at short to medium range, two at long range, and one at long with a headshot.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
since there are no more beacons..

*Ba-BLOOP*

TEHMASCOT would like to play CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Okay I got an elite kill streak from a supply drop. It's a care package that is a guaranteed drop 6 minutes into the game and has a much higher chance of being a high end kill streak. Pretty neat.

Dunno how to equip it.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Fibby Boy posted:

Okay I got an elite kill streak from a supply drop. It's a care package that is a guaranteed drop 6 minutes into the game and has a much higher chance of being a high end kill streak. Pretty neat.

Dunno how to equip it.

You don't. Next game, it'll drop at 6 minutes.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

Mill Village posted:

:lol:

I mean it's only 2014, after several iterations of the franchise and hundreds of millions of dollars poured into their development, having bullets actually kill people when you shoot at them is just too much to ask.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Gothmog1065 posted:

You don't. Next game, it'll drop at 6 minutes.

And if that game doesnt last six minutes or is a gametype you can't get a drop in (infected is it as far as that goes, I think), you'll just never get it.

They also don't stack. I got a 4-minute one and a 6-minute one in tge same drop once, the next game only had the counter for the 6-minute one, and the game ended 5 minutes in and I never saw either again.

Tgen again, one time that I did get the bonus successfully, it included a perk that I alreadt had equipped and therefor did nothing for me.

E: Typos are worth turning autocorrect off, but phoneposting still sucks.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Funkmaster General posted:

And if that game doesnt last six minutes or is a gametype you can't get a drop in (infected is it as far as that goes, I think), you'll just never get it.

I wasn't sure about that. I suck so I only get the 4 minute one.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

Dunno how to equip it.

I got one of these and 6 minutes into the next match I got it, but it wouldn't let me use it. My dude just kept loving around with the screen thing on his wrist until I switched weapons. I never was able to use it. :dice:

Err, forgot what game I was playing, but basically the same thing.

Has anyone figured out how we get supply drops? I want the +damage laser so incredibly bad, but with the rate I get drops, it's going to take an eternity it seems.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Sab669 posted:

Am I missing something in the campaign? I can't loving jump back onto the bus after you rip the dude out of the truck and throw him into a post.

I've literally tried this 10 times, tried pressing Space at numerous different points during the sequence and I still just fall to my death. Can dodge the truck no loving problem both times.

I got passed this part after 10 tries. I can't believe they're still putting QTE in games. Pretty much stopped playing the campaign, no one wants to deal with that poo poo.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Funkmaster General posted:

:saddowns:

I didn't need that streak anyway.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Philthy posted:

I got passed this part after 10 tries. I can't believe they're still putting QTE in games. Pretty much stopped playing the campaign, no one wants to deal with that poo poo.

Only took me two. :smugbert:
( because I missed "hit X to jump off the loving truck back to the bus" :bang: )

I can live with this style of QTE. It's not like they're intrusive.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Philthy posted:

I had to try the sweep the leg on the guard about 25 times after you see hologram Kevin Spacey's shenanigans. My problem is that the icon that shows which button to hit is about 5x5 pixels on a 1080p screen. It takes me about 3-5 tries just to see what button I need to hit, then about 20 to get it timed just right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I had to try the sweep the leg on the guard about 25 times after you see hologram Kevin Spacey's shenanigans. My problem is that the icon that shows which button to hit is about 5x5 pixels on a 1080p screen. It takes me about 3-5 tries just to see what button I need to hit, then about 20 to get it timed just right.

are you playing this on a vita via remote play or something

even on my 23.6" ASUS, it's bigger than that.

get gud glasses

• Locked thread