Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I would read the poo poo out of anything starring Adam X. That dude is unironically super cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

TheJoker138 posted:

Who are all the characters on the Contest of Champions one? I recognize Godzilla, Rom, and NFL Super Pro.

Micronauts and Shogun Warriors get blurbs

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

Who are all the characters on the Contest of Champions one? I recognize Godzilla, Rom, and NFL Super Pro.

Shogun Warriors and Micronauts.

They're missing some other good ones like the Transformers but poo poo they probably would need to actually call a lawyer just to put a Transformers logo with lines drawn all over it.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Nov 8, 2014

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

SynthOrange posted:

Stop kissing yourself!

Better than Nightcrawler kissing his sister :gonk:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Not that this makes it ok in the slightest but they weren't raised together and aren't related by blood at all right? I can never keep that particular bit of continuity straight from universe to universe.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

mind the walrus posted:

Not that this makes it ok in the slightest but they weren't raised together and aren't related by blood at all right? I can never keep that particular bit of continuity straight from universe to universe.
How can you be brother/sister if you aren't blood related or raised together?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're both Mystique's kids.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My understanding is that Nightcrawler was given up for adoption at an early age (to the circus or some priest iirc), while Rogue was a foster/adopted daughter who was actually raised by Mystique. I've never actually bothered to untangle all the Claremont necessary to know how it went down in 616 and instead am going off of stuff in other continuities like the 90s cartoon and X-Men: Evolution, so I'm still not sure if they knew each other growing up.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I like the fact that apparently Bendis writes everything in the Marvelverse now.

whoo!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jonny Nox posted:

I like the fact that apparently Bendis writes everything in the Marvelverse now.

whoo!

I wouldn't be surprised if he designed the concept for all those covers. I expect more Spidey if he did, though.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I thought Marrow was a legitimately cool character. :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahahahah

Remember when she was all hosed up looking? When did she become a supermodel?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Amorous X-Mwah doesn't have Cyclops and Wolverine kissing in the very center of the cover, words cannot convey my sheer disappointment.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Angry Walrus posted:

Amorous X-Mwah doesn't have Cyclops and Wolverine kissing in the very center of the cover, words cannot convey my sheer disappointment.

I'm sad it wasn't Wolverine kissing every possible X-Man.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Holy shiiiiit I want this so much

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I would be down for a crazy silver age style storyline where Squirrel Girl marries Rocket Raccoon.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I would be down for a crazy silver age style storyline where Squirrel Girl marries Rocket Raccoon.

I suspect Bendis came up with that joke before they announced the Squirrel Girl ongoing, because I could almost see them doing that. If nothing else, I would be shocked if North and Henderson don't do a guest appearance/crossover with Rocket.

And that Power Pack one is barely a joke. Wasn't there an actual pitch for a MAX Power Pack series?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Yeah James Gunn was going to do a Power Pack MAX comic but it never happened and he obviously has higher priorities now.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Hahahahahah

Probably the same time Beak did.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Wait, didn't Morlun try to eat spiderman years ago and it turned out he was rancid or something because of his radioactive blood?

Also, didn't he die like right after that? I think that was the first time we saw the spider spike things that haven't really been seen since.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yeah he super-died, turned to dust and everything. Not that it matters.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

I'd expect Boris to have made the list at some point...

I've said this before, but there are nowhere near enough bear superheroes.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Wait, didn't Morlun try to eat spiderman years ago and it turned out he was rancid or something because of his radioactive blood?

Also, didn't he die like right after that? I think that was the first time we saw the spider spike things that haven't really been seen since.

Morlun was also a sort of mystic eater-of-animal-totems, who was perfectly happy noshing on some eagle-themed superhero from Germany, but now Slott's decided it's all spiders all the time for some weird reason.

As much as I'd been looking forward to a return to the "spider totem" stuff, it's not been handled in the best way so far. Slott's got a very energetic and haphazard style which can provide for some interesting stories, but it doesn't mesh well with the slow and patient build-up stuff that Waid was doing with Evolve or Die.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

VagueRant posted:

I thought Marrow was a legitimately cool character. :smith:

So did I, and then:

SynthOrange posted:

Hahahahahah

What was worse though was that the moment she got made pretty her entire personality immediately changed to her being really nice and pleasant to everybody and also a little timid. The message was HORRIBLE, so bad that I actually thought it was building to something where her mind had been altered and she would reject it and her "good looks" to be true to herself.... but nope, pretty people are just superior in every respect and genuinely better people than ugly ones! Make Mine Marvel!

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
She's back to Ugly and Mean in X-force. Read it.

tenniseveryone
Feb 8, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Jerusalem posted:

So did I, and then:

What was worse though was that the moment she got made pretty her entire personality immediately changed to her being really nice and pleasant to everybody and also a little timid. The message was HORRIBLE, so bad that I actually thought it was building to something where her mind had been altered and she would reject it and her "good looks" to be true to herself.... but nope, pretty people are just superior in every respect and genuinely better people than ugly ones! Make Mine Marvel!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jerusalem posted:

So did I, and then:

I thought in Weapon X she was made "pretty" and still nuts

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

The MSJ posted:

Marvel 75th Anniversary covers for comics that never existed:

I love the CCA stamp of approval joke

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I'm so glad Maris Wicks keeps getting work with Marvel. Her work is always so cute and every time I've seen her at cons she's been extremely nice.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Her bra is made of bones growing from her chest :stonk:

It's like someone tried to make Doomsday sexy.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Grendels Dad posted:

It's like someone tried to make Doomsday sexy.

Which is something ridiculous to attempt.

He's already sexy.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Which is something ridiculous to attempt.

He's already sexy.

Besides the face, he's basically a JoJo.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

The MSJ posted:

Tattoo guy is Ink, a fairly recent character who is not a mutant but gets his powers from a mutant tattoo artist than can give other people powers using tattoos.

Didn't he show up in a Marvel movie or Agents of Shield or something? I remember a short scene with some guy using tattoo powers that was never mentioned again in whatever episode/movie it was.

edit: I think he had a bio-hazard tattoo that made people sick and/or die.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

PFlats posted:

Didn't he show up in a Marvel movie or Agents of Shield or something? I remember a short scene with some guy using tattoo powers that was never mentioned again in whatever episode/movie it was.

edit: I think he had a bio-hazard tattoo that made people sick and/or die.

He showed up in Days of Future Past, he was one of the Mutant soldiers along with Havok and Toad.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
He was also in Final Crisis, but that's neither here nor there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought in Weapon X she was made "pretty" and still nuts

The first time was some Skrull machine that made her "pretty", and also completely rewrote her personality. It was such a gigantic shift that I was positive it was going to come up at some point that the Skrull device had brainwashed her in some way to be docile because otherwise it would be a stupid and terrible message to put out. Nobody ever questioned her change though, outside of saying how happy they were that she was finally being "nice".

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
From the new Sonic Boom comic.

It's funnier without context.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PFlats posted:

There was a guy with tattoo-related powers in the Elektra movie.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Thank you Bendis for somehow entering the recesses of my mind and making my "Never Happening Ever Exiles" comic cover idea a reality.

It's still missing Charcoal, but he isn't licensed. He's just a legal issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Gavok posted:

Thank you Bendis for somehow entering the recesses of my mind and making my "Never Happening Ever Exiles" comic cover idea a reality.

It's still missing Charcoal, but he isn't licensed. He's just a legal issue.

I'd be really interested in seeing the pencils for that.

Dare we entertain the possibility they will do weird goofy crossover stuff with Star Wars?

• Locked thread