Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The Oingo Boingo thing didn't quite do it for me honestly. Had some good parts, don't get me wrong, but it went on a little long? Once Hol Horse was in the mix, though, I was totally on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Oingo Boingo is such a weird loving scene. Like, the stand doesn't even really help you - it just more or less picks an arbitrary result, and that's what will happen, no matter what. It doesn't even help the user in any way! It would be something else if it actually allowed the user to pick a result (which then can still be subverted in the ways we've seen in the manga), but that's not what happens...
It's basically a long, drawn-out joke about self-fulfilling prophecy...
That said, I need to know how they're gonna animate the comic.

Basically, there isn't a single fight in the next part I don't want to see animated... except maybe the guy whose shadow makes you younger. That one was, uh, somewhat crass.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I would love David even more than I do now if they do the entire episode in the comic's art style. :allears:

I also want a version of all three series in the black and white motion in the Phantom Blood opening you see at points. Just thinking about it makes me want to listen to Sono Chi No Sadame all over again.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alessi needs to be animated because Babby Jotaro punching his poo poo in is one of the best scenes in the series.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the only part i want to skip is this conversation

How does King Crimson work?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He goes to dunk and by the time he's in the air he's already won.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Sweet Georgia Brown is the strongest stand

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Polnareff poops in the bath

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Polnareff poops in the bath

finally found a safe place to take a poo poo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Only late Part 3 fight that doesn't completely own bones is the Anubis fight because I felt it really dragged. Maybe I was wrong though! David Production will lemme know

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Anubis fight is awesome because it escalates in how ridiculous that loving stand is to the point where Jotaro had to nearly die to actually beat it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Moltrey posted:

Only late Part 3 fight that doesn't completely own bones is the Anubis

What? :stare:

That's, like, the best FIGHT fight in Part III aside from Cream and The World.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What? :stare:

That's, like, the best FIGHT fight in Part III aside from Cream and The World.

Anubis is up there as one of the better fights in Part III but it's not as good as either of the D'Arby fights. :colbert:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I felt like when it got to Evil Polnareff, it was starting to over stay it's welcome, but I read Part 3 like over a year ago so I could be totally wrong. All the later Part 3 fights are amazing though.

The Gamer fight lasted like fifteen chapters, but it holds a special place in my heart because Kakyoin talks poo poo about how he's pretty good at games only to lose.

And Star Platnium playing baseball

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Moltrey posted:

The Gamer fight lasted like fifteen chapters, but it holds a special place in my heart because Kakyoin talks poo poo about how he's pretty good at games only to lose.

The sad thing about this is that Kakyoin was pretty awesome before they got to Egypt.

Then he gets his eyes slashed by N'Dour, disappears for most of the arc, returns at the end only to lose to D'arby Jr., and then gets killed by DIO.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
kakyoin was the best at games in the crew but just like the first d'arby fight you can't beat the guy at his own game without a shenanigan

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

In hindsight, more than half of the group doesn't really do all that much in Egypt.

Kakyoin disappears for most of the arc, Avdol only uses his Stand twice (Mariah and Kenny G), Joseph is in the same boat as Avdol (Mariah and D'arby Jr.), and Iggy has about two or three fights, depending on whether or not you consider him "fighting" N'Dour.

So, really, it's just Polnareff getting into trouble with a few wins and Jotaro just stomping everyone.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 8, 2014

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The sad thing about this is that Kakyoin was pretty awesome before they got to Egypt.

Then he gets his eyes slashed by N'Dour, disappears for most of the arc, returns at the end only to lose to D'arby Jr., and then gets killed by DIO.

It's real sad to me since Kakyoin was my favorite Stardust Crusader. He plays off Jotaro and Polly pretty well and is generally pretty competent, but once they get to Egypt, dude gets chumped by every fight he's in.

At least he was able to learn the secret of DIO'S WORLD with a 20 meter Emerald Splash

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

a cartoon duck posted:

the only part i want to skip is this conversation

How does King Crimson work?

It works by skipping parts!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

It works by skipping the explanation of how it works!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Guys, how King Crimson works is simple. You see--and that's how it works.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Ok: If DIO sucked your dick during the time stop you probably wouldn't even notice except your dick would have a friction burn or something after the fact but your nerve endings probably wouldn't respond during the time stop. But if King Crimson sucks your dick during the time skip he can make you cum and you don't remember?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Ok: If DIO sucked your dick during the time stop you probably wouldn't even notice except your dick would have a friction burn or something after the fact but your nerve endings probably wouldn't respond during the time stop. But if King Crimson sucks your dick during the time skip he can make you cum and you don't remember?

God bless you.

Please use this analogy to explain to me what happens during Kira's Another One Bites The Dust

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Imagine four stand arrows on the edge of a cliff.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Soulcleaver posted:

Imagine four steel balls on the edge of a cliff.

One spins off the cliff, and an exact copy of it from another universe is placed where the first would be. Stands work in much the same way. Nyoho~

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Bites the Dust isn't actually complicated it's just long:

This bomb appears as a miniaturized form of Killer Queen. In the only example shown, it is planted on Hayato Kawajiri. When someone interrogates Hayato about Kira, the bomb enters their field of vision, along with their eye; before inducing an all-consuming internal explosion.

Secondly, until Kira finds out who the bomb killed, he lets a temporal loop occur; from one hour to day earlier. Even if the victim doesn't interrogate Hayato on this occasion, Bite the Dust will still kill them at the time recorded before. Only when Kira is confident about who died will he let time flow normally.

It is possible that Bite the Dust has some precognitive powers, as when Rohan used his Heaven's Door in Hayato he saw things that had not yet occurred.

If Kira wishes to use Killer Queen, since he cannot maintain more than one potential bomb at a time, he must recall Bite the Dust. Hayato discovers that Bite the Dust only works on non-Stand users, such that Kira can only tell a non-Stand user his secrets to enable the ability

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Basically Killer Queen is the manifestation of his desire to murder without a trace and once he's stabbed with the arrow a second time he gains an ability that's super specific to his desire to not be caught

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
According to my headcanon Freddie Mercury appears from nowhere and curbstomps you in an instant, causing you to explode.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Moltrey posted:

God bless you.

Please use this analogy to explain to me what happens during Kira's Another One Bites The Dust
Let's just say the climax is explosive.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Bites the Dust isn't actually complicated it's just long:

Thank you for this, I knew Kira used it as a way to keep Hayato quiet, but never sure why a time loop was needed. I read the end of Part 4 when it was still Duwang-ed, so I should probably re-read it. I do remember the only way for Hayato to beat Bites the Dust was to get Kira to retract it in order to defend himself with Killer Queen

vvv - Thank you, this was also helpful. This is a handy analogy.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 8, 2014

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Moltrey posted:

God bless you.

So using that analogy, Kira would suck your dick, but if anyone finds out, time rewinds to some arbitrary time before it was sucked. Around the original time it was sucked, you will experience the feeling of having it sucked, whether or not Kira is or isn't.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

So using that analogy, Kira would suck your dick, but if anyone finds out, time rewinds to some arbitrary time before it was sucked. Around the original time it was sucked, you will experience the feeling of having it sucked, whether or not Kira is or isn't.

I think it's more like Kira would suck your dick and if anyone found out, he'd suck their dick too and time would get reset.

Then afterwards, that person would still feel their dick getting su-

I'm sorry. This analogy is too weird to finish writing.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
With D4C, Valentine could make you suck your own dick from another dimension but it would make you and your dick from the other dimension cease to exist. Valentine could suck his own dick no problem though and even replace it with presucked dick if necessary.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
JOJO is more homoerotic than I remember...

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

We can't forget Pucci, who would finish you off before you could even feel anything. Then the universe would reset, and you'd be able to predetermine when your dick is about to get sucked.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

And Ringo?

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Potsticker posted:

And Ringo?

Has a Stand called Mandom.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Your dick stops getting sucked just before climax and you have to start over

Alternate post: So is this a good time to start posting all those gay jojos

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Speedwagon would like to suck your dick, but unfortunately would enter just as someone else started to go down on you and withdraw cooly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Hot Pants would be pretty great, because she can adjust the girth and length of your dick.

• Locked thread