Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win season 25?
This poll is closed.
#SoulSurfers 8 15.09%
#TeamNashville 1 1.89%
#TheWrestlers 9 16.98%
#TheDatingCouple 1 1.89%
#TheCyclists 2 3.77%
#MiamiRealtors 1 1.89%
#MomDaughter 3 5.66%
#TheFirefighters 6 11.32%
#SweetScientists 9 16.98%
#CollegeSweethearts 5 9.43%
#TheDentists 8 15.09%
Total: 53 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Man the wrestlers have grown on me so much. I really enjoy watching them now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Joose Caboose posted:

Man the wrestlers have grown on me so much. I really enjoy watching them now.

Agreed, they are really funny.

Also four posts? Wow.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I think a lot of people are watching TAR timeshifted now; I know I'm usually busy on Friday nights. That said, I always go back to watch the episodes!

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

Andorra posted:

This isn't right. At this point in the show is when I usually hope a team flies over the edge of that road, but I don't hate anybody. :(

I'm not a big fan of the dentists, but I don't hate them. The remaining teams are all pretty good, though.

This was a fun leg. The opera challenge was easier than the painting one, and watching all the teams race was good for some laughs and some really great views.

Also, next episode in 2 weeks? I had hoped the shift to Friday at least meant less dicking around with the weekly schedule.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

thedaian posted:

Also, next episode in 2 weeks? I had hoped the shift to Friday at least meant less dicking around with the weekly schedule.

Every show ever is gonna have missed weeks for one reason or another. People made a huge deal about Agents of SHIELD missing last week because of election coverage.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Given how goons are probably some of the people LEAST likely to be busy on a Friday night, the lack of activity here does not bode well for viewership of the general population.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Agreed, I like the teams, even the buggy-eyed dentist is growing on me.

I think TAR is doing okay in it's slot? Ratings is not exactly my forte, but a 1.9 on Friday night seems good. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-amazing-race-rises-741882

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Tupping Liberty posted:

Agreed, I like the teams, even the buggy-eyed dentist is growing on me.

I think TAR is doing okay in it's slot? Ratings is not exactly my forte, but a 1.9 on Friday night seems good. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-amazing-race-rises-741882

Huh, that's higher than it was on Sundays, but that's misleading as there are more people watching television on Sunday nights. Also, it should be noted that AR was generally the highest rated show for CBS on Sundays.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
That's an old link but the show is doing just fine for ratings, this week's episode was #2 in the slot and only a million viewers behind Dateline

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
After a miserable last season (seriously, the entire top 3 was unlikable) I'm really happy with how this season has turned out. I like all of the teams on the show, but the Sweethearts are kind of boring. The cyclists are my favorite after their antics with Team No-Fun.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
It's amazing what a difference having likeable teams makes for the race. The scientists, wrestlers and gay couple are probably not going to make final 3 but I'm ok with that. They're still fun to watch.
The cyclists are still fantastic and I want them to win.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Andrew_1985 posted:

It's amazing what a difference having likeable teams makes for the race. The scientists, wrestlers and gay couple are probably not going to make final 3 but I'm ok with that. They're still fun to watch.
The cyclists are still fantastic and I want them to win.

The Wrestlers making the top 3 wouldn't surprise me at this point actually, they were less than a minute off top 3 this leg and seem to have a knack for escaping the bottom places.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I wouldn't mind the wrestlers being eliminated - I just hate how much Brooke bitches and complains at every little thing.

Though when they were looking for the cab and the camera panned to the sign for the taxi stand that was right behind them I laughed a good bit.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Victorkm posted:

Though when they were looking for the cab and the camera panned to the sign for the taxi stand that was right behind them I laughed a good bit.

I didn't even notice that, though I did love them seemingly standing on a corner waiting for a taxi to magically appear.

The wrestlers are the only ones I even kind of dislike. They seem to be rude to the locals, making faces when they're driving slow or making fun of an accent. I imagine them spending a lot of time in a conversation making unfunny "jokes" and waiting for me to laugh at them.

Adjunct Cheesecake
Mar 19, 2009

mmmmmm
Aside from mom/daughter and Team Survivor, have there been any pairs of teams that legitimately hated each other this season?

I feel like nobody really hating each other except the previously mentioned example is one of the things that has made this season more enjoyable.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
The camaraderie between teams is the main thing that sets this show apart from other reality shows. That's what makes conflict-baiting elements like the U-Turn seem so stupid and out of place. The producers don't always grasp what makes their show fun.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I dunno, I actually liked the U-Turn this time. Team Nashville got into a pissing match with Mom/Daughter then got Instant Karma that very same episode! It adds some spice to the inevitable team rivalries that spring up when you have a chance, however small, of actually doing something about it.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
This is a great season so far. I don't usually like the types of Jim in these races but he seems to at least have his head on the ground so I can't hate him for that.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm hoping the Scientists and the Boyfriends go home next because nothing about either team is very interesting. I don't dislike either one of them, they're just boring.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Another newbie question. A kind of random one. Has anyone ever showmanced across teams? It was just a weird question that popped in my head when I was watching because the cyclists are so drat much fun and go karting in Siciliy with Kym sounded like the best date ever. The circumstances just seemed like the perfect flirting setup so it got me wondering if that's every actually happened on the show. It seems like it might be kind of hard to do during a race but they seemed to spend an entire day together with nothing to do except dance and drink and talk.

Like I said, weird and random but it just struck me and I wondered if it had ever happened.

I love the cyclists and wrestlers more and more each episode. "Team No Fun" is perfect and I loved them messing with them a little. I also think it perfectly answers the question that's been in here. We don't really hate the Dentists. No one seems to really think they're bad people. They're just Team No Fun.

And the wrestlers are just so amusingly doofy. I don't think they're mean spirited in any of their jokes. Like the surfer guy and the cyclist started mocking the singing last week and you could have easily taken that as culturally insensitive. But they were just goofing around and I get the same vibe from the wrestlers. They're just goofy and kind of dim but they seem like they're having fun. At least when Brooke isn't panicking and Robbie isn't looking for food. But that stuff is funny to me too. Dude is always hungry.

Scientists have kind of fallen off my radar. They're cool people but they haven't done much of note the last few weeks. The surfers and sweethearts are sweet people too but not a ton of fun. It's enjoyable to watch Bethany do poo poo I couldn't do and when T&T panic it's kind of funny. But I'm rooting for the wrestlers and cyclists in the final three and they seem like they have a solid shot. And of course Team No Fun seems like a lock with that pass and their general success.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Good showmance: Dallas and Starr, S13

Bad showmance: Eric and Danielle, S9/11

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

This is shaping up to look like one of those seasons where the team that is winning the most legs just cruises to a win, and the fact that they have insurance against elimination for the whole first half of the season removes any suspense.

I've generally thought the wrestlers were kind of corny but I must say I was won over by how much Brooke enjoyed the go kart racing (and smoking her competition), and Rob repeatedly asking if he could eat the cake they were delivering ("no, seriously though, can I eat this?").

The cyclists are adorable and fun and seem about the only team capable of posing a serious challenge. I like the food scientists but they are getting the "not gonna be around much longer" edit the last episode or two.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Man, the one time I remember about AR, on time, and it's not on. :argh:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
What kind of coincidence is it that the first time in years a season of TAR isn't going to have any delays is the first time they decide to air this awards ceremony? :tinfoil:

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

The win of a lifetime, twice.
Just caught up, I blame lack of thread activity to Friday night and lack of e-peen game, I missed 3 weeks and didn't mind because I just binge watched them, normally I'd need to watch every week or I'd be spiked in the e-peen

I still don't like the doctors, can't root for his crazy eyes

How the cyclists or surfer win. I like the other teams, but they are definitely a step down from those 3. If guess one of the bottom 3 will make it to the final 3 though.

Is there a last episode that express and save passes must be used? Since both are still in play surfer and dentists are guaranteed to go far

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
:siren: After a week's delay, it's on! :siren:

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

God this is going to be a loving nightmare.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I'm here, just puttering around doing house things.

Proof that Rob spends all his time sitting/drinking on the Jersey beaches and not in the ocean

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
How do Amy & Maya always lose placements? They leave every challenge fairly quickly but there's nothing that says why they take so long to get places.

Also, that was pretty obvious that the Wrestlers weren't last.

Andorra fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 22, 2014

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Very disappointed in the lack of Pharaoh Hound.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Man tonight's Maltese greeter was rude.

"Do they look tough to you?"
"No." :colbert:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It probably wouldn't work, but why not try to slide head first up the greased part of the pole slip and slide style

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Is it next leg the last chance to use the save? Hoping it goes completely irrelevant.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

njsykora posted:

Is it next leg the last chance to use the save? Hoping it goes completely irrelevant.

I thought it was Leg 9 was last chance, so leg after next.

Maia
Aug 15, 2003

Sweet.
I love that Tim and Tee Jay were so boring and kind of obviously last that they used the episode to set up what will probably be next week's drama.

Edit: are those even their names? Close enough.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Was the flag detour the most challenging task in Amazing Race history?

And it's a good thing that Adam and Bethany had the Express Pass because there was no way in hell that Bethany could complete the flag or shine tasks with only one arm.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 23, 2014

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Jubs posted:

By what measure? There's been lots of stuff that (a) no one completed or (b) took forever to do.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Jubs posted:

Unrolling bales of hay.

:allears:

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

That flag challenge didnt even seem completable. Also seemed like a great way to injure yourself. I just kept waiting for someone to slip and smash their arm or leg against the log, or land awkwardly, or slice a body part on one of the things holding the flags on the log.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

DurosKlav posted:

That flag challenge didnt even seem completable. Also seemed like a great way to injure yourself. I just kept waiting for someone to slip and smash their arm or leg against the log, or land awkwardly, or slice a body part on one of the things holding the flags on the log.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was waiting for someone to accidentally skewer themselves on a flag.

I was disappointed that the first task that had such a big variation in completion time (which is a great thing for race tasks) ended up not meaning much because of hours of operation.

• Locked thread