Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
They should just bring Leverage back instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Sober posted:

So it's like a finale episode to tie things up? If so alright then.

Yeah, they did it for Extras and Life's Too Short and both were awesome.

Speaking of HBO comedies, I just found out there's a Chris Lilly Jonah show I haven't seen yet. He must be saving the Mr G spinoff for last

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Sober posted:

They should just bring Leverage back instead.

Or this.

I just finished a rewatch of Leverage and goddamn that show didn't deserve to be cancelled.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Leverage got real stale towards the end. It was good that it ended.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Walking Dead thread is like some lovely weird mirror image of it's former season two self

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'm gonna five it.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Irish Joe posted:

I don't recommend cartoons very often, but Over the Garden Wall is a fantastic little miniseries. It has an interesting sensibility that separates it from other, much shittier children's programming like Gravity Falls and Adventure Time. Definitely worth a shot if you have some free time during the holidays.

I just watched the first episode based on your recommendation. It was really good!

I thought the main character sounded like Elijah Wood, and it turns out I was right.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Cardboard Box A posted:

Leverage got real stale towards the end. It was good that it ended.

I politely disagree, I liked the last season.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Over the Garden Wall is really, really good.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Leverage had a good run but I'm disappointed we haven't seen Beth Riesgraf in anything prominent since. I figured she and Hodge were the breakouts on that show.

I will accept a Sharker spinoff.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

MrAristocrates posted:

Over the Garden Wall is really, really good.

Speaking of which, if anybody is like me and missed the first couple episodes, the entire thing is up to watch for free on Cartoon Network's website now.
I watched the first episode with my kids, I liked it but they weren't really into it :smith:

Ravane posted:

I just watched the first episode based on your recommendation. It was really good!

I thought the main character sounded like Elijah Wood, and it turns out I was right.

The old guy running the mill was Christopher Lloyd too, in case that one wasn't obvious.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just watched all of True Detective and I thought it was good, but the ending confused me. What was the deal with the smoke monster?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
In their bid to become the first network to only air live theater performances, NBC now wants to air a rendition of A Few Good Men, and wants Aaron Sorkin to tweak the play for a live television purposes.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/nbc-eyes-live-staging-of-aaron-sorkins-a-few-good-men-exclusive-1201350526/

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

There's only one reason to watch Arrow and he's not in the third season. Pass. :colbert:

But John Barrowman is in the third season?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Ok, Seaquest DSV is pretty good. Dug season 1, season 2 was too Crazy poo poo Of The Week (made tolerable by Rosalind Allen being a fox in the 90s), and season 3 was passable.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

raditts posted:

Speaking of which, if anybody is like me and missed the first couple episodes, the entire thing is up to watch for free on Cartoon Network's website now.
I watched the first episode with my kids, I liked it but they weren't really into it :smith:

The old guy running the mill was Christopher Lloyd too, in case that one wasn't obvious.

Just finished the entire thing. It was brilliant, horrifying, and hilarious all at once. No idea who Christopher Lloyd is, might not be my generation.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Ravane posted:

No idea who Christopher Lloyd is, might not be my generation.
So you've not seen Back to the Future then?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Only bits and pieces. Never seen the entire thing, though I now know he was the doctor.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FactsAreUseless posted:

Just watched all of True Detective and I thought it was good, but the ending confused me. What was the deal with the smoke monster?

Pretty sure it molested Woody Harrelson's daughter.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

smg77 posted:

For the five or six other Goons who watched Hello Ladies, HBO is airing Hello Ladies: The Movie on November 22 at 10:00pm. I had no idea there was such a thing until I saw a magazine ad for it yesterday.

If you watched the first few episodes of the show and bailed you should give it a revisit. It got really good by the end. :shobon:

Awesome! I remember hearing HBO was going to do a movie... but that was back in May and I had not heard anything since. I thought the last episode was perfect for what it was - but I'm more than welcome to a movie.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

NOTE: This is the same person who didn't know who Alfred Hitchcock was.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is the same person who has repeatedly admitted to terrible, low-effort trolling about not knowing who Alfred Hitchcock was.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

CaptainHollywood posted:

Awesome! I remember hearing HBO was going to do a movie... but that was back in May and I had not heard anything since. I thought the last episode was perfect for what it was - but I'm more than welcome to a movie.

Yeah, this was a good little show, if you like awkward social train-wreck style humor you should definitely watch Hello Ladies. Merchant is very funny and plays it like he's not completely clueless, just prone to really unfortunate faux pas, and an actual character not just a bumbling doofus.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

hcreight posted:

In their bid to become the first network to only air live theater performances, NBC now wants to air a rendition of A Few Good Men, and wants Aaron Sorkin to tweak the play for a live television purposes.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/nbc-eyes-live-staging-of-aaron-sorkins-a-few-good-men-exclusive-1201350526/

If NBC wants to make live theatre part of its lineup, I'm down.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Hey everybody, Hell on Wheels is back and it's still really good. Don't know if it was posted here, but it also received a final season order, with the season to be split over Summer 2015 & 2016 (because apparently AMC just doesn't know how else to end things).

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ShakeZula posted:

Hey everybody, Hell on Wheels is back and it's still really good. Don't know if it was posted here, but it also received a final season order, with the season to be split over Summer 2015 & 2016 (because apparently AMC just doesn't know how else to end things).

It's a way to shore up advertising dollars over two years (by leeching off of Walking Dead). Hell On Wheels is probably the weakest performing AMC property that managed to actually survive past its second season. The ratings for Turn and Halt and Catch Fire are something Rubicon beat I think.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Ravane posted:

Just finished the entire thing. It was brilliant, horrifying, and hilarious all at once. No idea who Christopher Lloyd is, might not be my generation.

Goddamnit Ravane cut this poo poo out.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ravane posted:

Your credibility is shot

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Someone has never watched Foodfight

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Your credibility is shot

His what?

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

ShakeZula posted:

Thanks for the head's up - I assumed the season was over a month ago, didn't realize they were just taking a few weeks off.

I've been watching from the start - it's not the greatest show or anything but it keeps me entertained.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Manos del Sino posted:

Thanks for the head's up - I assumed the season was over a month ago, didn't realize they were just taking a few weeks off.

I've been watching from the start - it's not the greatest show or anything but it keeps me entertained.

Yeah it's a weird schedule. They went on a weeks-long hiatus, and are coming back now but only for 3 episodes. Then the next season starts in the summer.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Rocksicles posted:

Your credibility is shot

This is the tv forum you nerd.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Me IRL.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

bobkatt013 posted:

Someone has never watched Foodfight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uROQ9nplxIY

I have never heard of this movie. It has a 2.2 on IMDB which is the lowest score I've ever seen. Holy poo poo, this looks terrible.

CaptainHollywood posted:

NOTE: This is the same person who didn't know who Alfred Hitchcock was.

Excuse me for not really caring about a movie (on TVIV) that came out when my grandmother was 6 years old.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Alfred Hitchcock is not a movie

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I bet the only movie he knows is Michael Bay. :smug:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurtofan posted:

Alfred Hitchcock is not a movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0975645/

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Irish Joe posted:

Taxi's alright, but you're missing on a real classic here.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Irish Joe posted:

This is Christopher Lloyd too?

I thought it was Jake Johnson!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Ravane posted:

This is Christopher Lloyd too?

I thought it was Jake Johnson!

Exactly what I was thinking, the resemblance is uncanny.

• Locked thread