Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
They've specifically hyped up Mobile Armors. I would be amazed if the Neo Zeong didn't show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

They've specifically hyped up Mobile Armors. I would be amazed if the Neo Zeong didn't show up.

Zwingley posted:

It occurs to me that we will likely see a Neo Zeong show up, in order to sell more oversized model kits. :v:

A Neo Zeong? It's piloted by one guy, so I'm expecting three.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A Neo Zeong? It's piloted by one guy, so I'm expecting three.
I'm pretty sure it'd hafta be classified as a mobile armor. Otherwise... Yeah, that'll basically happen. Or they'll put it alongside some other stupid big things that aren't technically mobile armors.

BlitzBlast posted:

Man, now I want a Neo Amazeong to show up. :downsrim:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zwingley posted:

I'm pretty sure it'd hafta be classified as a mobile armor. Otherwise... Yeah, that'll basically happen. Or they'll put it alongside some other stupid big things that aren't technically mobile armors.

It's a one-man colossal mobile suit piloted by a docked mobile suit, so technically it's probably no different than the detachable Booster backpacks the Build Strike had.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Upcoming episode titles and who is doing what from /m/.

quote:

Episode 6: "Rules of Battlefield"
Shigeru Ueda / Mitsue Aiji / Katanao Akai(chara) / Munetaka Abe(mecha)

Episode 7: "Simon the Motokumi"
Minami Yasuhiro / Shuuji Iuchi / Michinori Chiba(chara) / Hiroshi Arisawa(mecha)

Episode 8: "On this shield I swear"
Shouji Ikeno / Iwao Teraoka & Susumu Nishizawa / Kayo Ikeda & Hiromitsu Morishita(chara) / Shinya Kusumegi (mecha)

Episode 9: "Battle of Solomon"
Kazuki Tsunoda & Shinya Watada / Ken Ootsuka / Kenichi Ohnuki(chara) / Ken Ootsuka (mecha)
For those wondering what "motokumi" means, apparently it's a Japanese term for snapbuilders. The translation of the term comes out...a little derogatory, unfortunately.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Oh sweet, so they're going into full throttle with all of the rival characters.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Wait yuuki was in this episode? Where?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AradoBalanga posted:

For those wondering what "motokumi" means, apparently it's a Japanese term for snapbuilders. The translation of the term comes out...a little derogatory, unfortunately.

Oh no, Action Grades :stonk:.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Kingtheninja posted:

That disguise worked.

But seriously, he's at the end. He's the one talking to "Lady."

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

At the end of it with Lady.

Also we haven't really seen any character whose name is Simon, so chances are its the Destiny dude. Or maybe the Kitbash gundam guy?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh sweet, so they're going into full throttle with all of the rival characters.

Yeah it's kind of funny. Every time there's a complaint in this thread the next episode or so covers it.

Also, Episode 8 more Gyanko, great!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

At the end of it with Lady.

Also we haven't really seen any character whose name is Simon, so chances are its the Destiny dude. Or maybe the Kitbash gundam guy?
It's the Destiny guy on the jungle gym in the previous episode.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I can already sense surly, melodramatic snap-builder Shinn Asuka scaling the Best Character rankings.

Bonus points if he whips out a pair of strangely-shaped sunglasses and starts channeling another mecha pilot called Simon.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah it's kind of funny. Every time there's a complaint in this thread the next episode or so covers it.

Also, Episode 8 more Gyanko, great!

That title looks worringly "Gyanko is gonna get owned for the real villain to look like a threat" to me.

It will still probably be a better fate than what Luang got, though. Hopefully the team that beats Gyanko's can at least measure up to what the Renatos gave us.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Drill punches all the way down.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

Budget Build Destiny guy just doesn't seem like "the one" for this. I can't put my finger on why, but my gut just says no. But it's probably not-Shinn.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

That title looks worringly "Gyanko is gonna get owned for the real villain to look like a threat" to me.

It actually reads a lot more like a Backstory episode for her since she 'inherited her brother's shield'. Like that makes the title seem more like it's about her past and why she is Gyanko.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I am becoming worryingly obsessed with Gyanko.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Odessa is on an entirely different bracket and I cant make out any of the other teams on theirs. I think team G-Master is on the bottom left. It would be super disappointing if they dont get best of 4 and get chumped by an entirely unknown team. They'll probably get to best of 4, get beaten by the G-Masters in the semifinals and then we get the finals with them and Team Try.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
still waiting for a poorly built blue destiny to show up in build fighters

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Zwingley posted:

Man, now I want a Neo Amazeong to show up. :downsrim:

I'm hoping for a kitbash.

Perfect Psyco Neue Zeong

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I want a team to field the Psyco, Destroy and Devil Gundams and spend like five minutes arguing that these are totally Mobile SUITS and so they can have all three at once.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

I want a team to field the Psyco, Destroy and Devil Gundams and spend like five minutes arguing that these are totally Mobile SUITS and so they can have all three at once.

All three are classified as Mobile Armors so it wouldn't matter. :colbert:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

It's almost like this has been a pattern so far. :shobon:

I have a lot of faith in the BF writers to make the series at least as good as the first one.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Here's some stuff from 2chan's mecha board.

Granzort

Da-Garn

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

I can already sense surly, melodramatic snap-builder Shinn Asuka scaling the Best Character rankings.

Bonus points if he whips out a pair of strangely-shaped sunglasses and starts channeling another mecha pilot called Simon.

In a twist it turns out his gunpla wasn't build by his little, but his big brother.
Pierce the sprues!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

It actually reads a lot more like a Backstory episode for her since she 'inherited her brother's shield'. Like that makes the title seem more like it's about her past and why she is Gyanko.

I didn't realize there was anything to reveal. She inherited her brother's pure love for gyans, and even when she uses other mobile suits she keeps a gyan in her heart.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

I didn't realize there was anything to reveal. She inherited her brother's pure love for gyans, and even when she uses other mobile suits she keeps a gyan in her heart.

We know who she is but we really dont know anything about her or how she got to this point. It would be a cool episode to dedicate to Gyanko, showing how she and her team got to this point while at the same time having them climb up the brackets(Or get chumped). Gyanko is really popular, so having an episode for her would be great.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Gyanko's tits are larger than Sekai's head jesus christ.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ka0 posted:

Gyanko's tits are larger than Sekai's head jesus christ.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I am furious that I am not sekai, that's what.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Guyver posted:

Granzort

Da-Garn

I'd wondered about those suits. I mean, I could see some vague resemblances, but they seemed kinda... conspicuous. Though if we're up to Brave series, I want that drat GaoGaiGar cameo.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Astro Nut posted:

I'd wondered about those suits. I mean, I could see some vague resemblances, but they seemed kinda... conspicuous. Though if we're up to Brave series, I want that drat GaoGaiGar cameo.

This will happen to counter Build Winning/Lightning/Burning Knuckle forcing each of them to bring out the hammers.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Revolver Bunker posted:

This will happen to counter Build Winning/Lightning/Burning Knuckle forcing each of them to bring out the hammers.

I'm down if we can get Ral doing something like this

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ka0 posted:

I am furious that I am not sekai, that's what.

same

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Guyver posted:

Granzort

Da-Garn

Huh. I thought it was odd that we hadn't really seen any really obvious cameos from Gundam characters yet this season (not counting Ral, as he's a member of the primary cast). But between this and some of the other stuff we've seen, it looks like they're going for just general mech anime cameos/shout outs rather than limiting it to specifically Gundam ones this time around. Which is actually pretty cool.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Well most of the cameos were back loaded last season as tournament competitors and then they went all out in the second to last episode.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm wondering if she's a last, desperate attempt to make Tatsuya look vaguely heterosexual.

From his sidestory manga:

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

W.T. Fits posted:

Huh. I thought it was odd that we hadn't really seen any really obvious cameos from Gundam characters yet this season (not counting Ral, as he's a member of the primary cast). But between this and some of the other stuff we've seen, it looks like they're going for just general mech anime cameos/shout outs rather than limiting it to specifically Gundam ones this time around. Which is actually pretty cool.

So long as they're owned by bandai, it seems so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

From his sidestory manga:

It might just be the artwork on that page, but Allan is starting to transform into Bullet from SRW a little.

• Locked thread