Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Inkspot posted:

Oh good. She has more chemistry with Jarvis than Stark.

Stark was never a love interest. I would enjoy it if Jarvis was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Stark was never a love interest. I would enjoy it if Jarvis was.

But they were fonduing in Cap 1! :v:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

OptimusWang posted:

But they were fonduing in Cap 1! :v:

We already know she married someone that Captain America helped to rescue during ww1. Watch it be Jarvis.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

bobkatt013 posted:

We already know she married someone that Captain America helped to rescue during ww1. Watch it be Jarvis.

WW2. Very few superheroes fought in WW1.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

SiKboy posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Danner

(sort of)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

SiKboy posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shadow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enemy_Ace

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon_2419_A.D.

all sort of...Actually, Doc Savage kind of qualifies too as does Richard Benson the Avenger.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 8, 2014

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

bobkatt013 posted:

My money's on Trip's grandfather.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Haley Atwell is Skye's mother! Her father didn't kill her, but gave her terminal amnesia.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's also this obscure character called Wolverine.

(It's probably not him.)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Irish Joe posted:

Haley Atwell is Skye's mother! Her father didn't kill her, but gave her terminal amnesia.

Considering that Chloe Bennet is half-Chinese, I almost expect they will reveal May to be her real mother.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You think she'd remember having a child about Skye's age.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Rocksicles posted:

Tahiti, it's a magical place.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rocksicles posted:

I'm pretty sure everyone would remember a 70 year old woman having a baby.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Rocksicles posted:

MAYBE SHE DOES!!!

But I doubt it's May? Probably a Kree, though not impossible is the option that she's half-celestial?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Was it mentioned that she was part Chinese? I thought they mentioned something about being in China and Skyes dad.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

Was it mentioned that she was part Chinese? I thought they mentioned something about being in China and Skyes dad.

I think they said Skye was found in China as baby. I cannot remember Skye's own ethnicity being mentioned.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Born in a small Chinese village in Hunan Province, the child who would eventually become known as Skye was merely an infant when her parents butchered the entire village populace. It was speculated that the villagers were trying to protect the girl from her own parents, who were dangerously unstable sociopaths." from the wiki

She's Chinese born. Everyone wins.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Bruceski posted:

My money's on Trip's grandfather.

Emily van Camp is an octoroon?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

jscolon2.0 posted:

Emily Van Camp isn't Carter's granddaughter. Agent 13 is.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Van Camp is Agent 13 doofus. she was at the CIA after Winter Soldier.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Van Camp is Agent 13 doofus. she was at the CIA after Winter Soldier.

There's a difference between the character and the actress.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hogwash

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
That was a weird clip to choose as a promo for the Agent Carter show but I liked Agents of SHIELD even when goons said it was warmed over poo poo so I'll probably like the show anyway.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

The Sharmat posted:

That was a weird clip to choose as a promo for the Agent Carter show but I liked Agents of SHIELD even when goons said it was warmed over poo poo so I'll probably like the show anyway.

Haha, so did I. It paid off in the end, though, didn't it? I was actually kinda surprised by people being so pessimistic and bitching after so few episodes on here.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

Haha, so did I. It paid off in the end, though, didn't it? I was actually kinda surprised by people being so pessimistic and bitching after so few episodes on here.

You shouldn't. The first 12-16 episodes are poo poo.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Apoplexy posted:

I couldn't agree more. I just did a rewatch of the first season with my girlfriend who hadn't seen the show and honestly don't get why this show is so reviled. I'm not saying there weren't weak episodes here and there, but for the most part the show was solid.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nerdrage -
Nerdrage is both the emotion felt when a nerd is exposed to something that directly contradicts the core beliefs of their obsession, and the reactionary diatribe by the nerd that inevitably follows.

Woden
May 6, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

I couldn't agree more. I just did a rewatch of the first season with my girlfriend who hadn't seen the show and honestly don't get why this show is so reviled. I'm not saying there weren't weak episodes here and there, but for the most part the show was solid.

Watching episodes back to back instead of 1 ep/week makes a pretty big difference. I came late to Community, blowing through season 4 in a day or 3 and not really getting the hate there either. Season 4 wasn't as good as previous seasons but still had funny moments.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
First of all, I don't think anyone (reasonable) thought that the first half of season 1 was unmitigated poo poo. I think most people agree that it was just really, really boring and instead of being a fun show about SHIELD agents/spies it instead was just a boring version of Fringe with a bunch of super cliche, uninteresting characters that weren't getting any development.

Oh and the first 16 episodes took six months to air. There were constant breaks, some of which lasted 2-3 weeks, which made sticking with a boring show with a glacial pace that didn't really seem to be going anywhere pretty hard. There was a Christmas break, a break for the Olympics, a break for sweeps, and then like two more random breaks that had to be thrown in so the show would sync up with the release of the Winter Soldier. Episode 10 aired on December 10th. Episode 16 aired in April. Imagine having to wait all that time only to watch episodes like the one where the awful evil general mastermind character sits in an empty warehouse eating steak before everyone has a poorly-choreographed, slow, unexciting fight.

Yeah, it wasn't pretty. Thank god the show got way better.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I also marathoned the first season on bluray. Maybe that's the difference.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

VDay posted:

Oh and the first 16 episodes took six months to air. There were constant breaks, some of which lasted 2-3 weeks, which made sticking with a boring show with a glacial pace that didn't really seem to be going anywhere pretty hard. There was a Christmas break, a break for the Olympics, a break for sweeps, and then like two more random breaks that had to be thrown in so the show would sync up with the release of the Winter Soldier. Episode 10 aired on December 10th. Episode 16 aired in April.

I wouldn't be shocked if this is in fact one of the major reasons for Agent Carter's existence.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

BreakAtmo posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if this is in fact one of the major reasons for Agent Carter's existence.

It's the whole reason for it being the mid season split. That said it exists because of the awesome agent carter short. If not for that they would have just had a long mid season break I'd guess. A single, long break makes sense and disrupts things far less than several one and two week gaps.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

VDay posted:

Oh and the first 16 episodes took six months to air. There were constant breaks, some of which lasted 2-3 weeks, which made sticking with a boring show with a glacial pace that didn't really seem to be going anywhere pretty hard. There was a Christmas break, a break for the Olympics, a break for sweeps, and then like two more random breaks that had to be thrown in so the show would sync up with the release of the Winter Soldier. Episode 10 aired on December 10th. Episode 16 aired in April. Imagine having to wait all that time only to watch episodes like the one where the awful evil general mastermind character sits in an empty warehouse eating steak before everyone has a poorly-choreographed, slow, unexciting fight.

I'm not convinced the scheduling hurt ratings as much as most people think - the ratings reached a plateau with the winter finale in December, and the scheduling didn't start getting weird until the following month.

But as a viewer, obviously, what they're doing with S2 and Agent Carter is way better.

I'm also not sure any of the breaks were actually there for the sake of TWS, as opposed to simply not having enough episodes in a 22-episode season to fill that entire period - there was at least one recent interview, IIRC, where Whedon/Tancharoen said that the timing (in terms of which episode) TWS would hit was still in flux fairly late in the season, and that they needed the network to set the schedule before they could determine how to write it.

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 9, 2014

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

jscolon2.0 posted:

All I can hear is Sterling Archer.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Carving of PEOPLE

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Crazy dude is crazy.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Creepy start.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Jazz is always the best music to play when you carve star maps

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Shield shirts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Everlasting gobstopper of firewalls, heh.

• Locked thread