Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Every game of Uplink I've played has been a blowout one way or the other.

I was ecstatic to discover Momentum, considering its a renamed mode from way older Call of dutys. Its kind've ruined by the ability for every player to carry a grenade launcher and spam the poo poo out of an area, but a good idea at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

Just tried uplink, that actually quite fun. Seems like a good game mode to get attachments as well.

Uplink owns. Toss on speed perks and use the akimbo smg's with gung ho. You become a blur of death and it's amazing.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Gordon Shumway posted:

The support upgrade, but it's only available for certain streaks. The ones I use it on are UAV and Care Package.

Is it a wildcard thing or a perk thing? I could look but I'm playin single player and am not sober

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Is it a wildcard thing or a perk thing? I could look but I'm playin single player and am not sober

Neither. Higlight your killstreak and press Y/triangle to customize it. You can choose up to three extra attributes, including the support function, for each streak at the cost of increased price.

Cool kids run UAV with threat detection, by the way.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Funkmaster General posted:

Neither. Higlight your killstreak and press Y/triangle to customize it. You can choose up to three extra attributes, including the support function, for each streak at the cost of increased price.

Cool kids run UAV with threat detection, by the way.

Oh cool. I saw that when I was messing with my upgrades but I thought there was a perk for it. Thanks! I haven't played CoD since 4 and this level of customization is leaving me overwhelmed.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Alteisen posted:

Just tried uplink, that actually quite fun. Seems like a good game mode to get attachments as well.
I can see it being good for unlocking attachments but good lord, you ought to apologize for the crew of simpering whiners who I was stuck with when you abruptly quit out. I guess things haven't changed and goons in a losing group will do nothing but squeal like stuck pigs and bitch and moan when losing - I'm headed back to HC mode where I can kill someone consistently with a silencer - and blessed silence except when something important needs to be said.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
Anyone wanna get a group going tonight?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

tjones posted:

You are a horrible person. Uplink is terrible and I prefer CTF to Uplink. At least CTF is somewhat structured and doesn't feel as schizophrenic.

Oh please, all you did was bitch and try to camp while Taco was dunking fools.

coyo7e posted:

I can see it being good for unlocking attachments but good lord, you ought to apologize for the crew of simpering whiners who I was stuck with when you abruptly quit out. I guess things haven't changed and goons in a losing group will do nothing but squeal like stuck pigs and bitch and moan when losing - I'm headed back to HC mode where I can kill someone consistently with a silencer - and blessed silence except when something important needs to be said.

Only 3 goons in that lobby friend and that includes me, you and Swish.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I killed someone with a Care Package tonight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A151gEHx_Ug

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I don't know what the proper term is for this, but for some of the older games there was always this bigass chart that told you the true weapon damage and stats of everything, and stuff like damage dropoff at xyz range, anything like that for AW?

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
I know the XMGs have style for days, but is there an attachment/variant that makes them even slightly practical? Seems like they made the spread too drastic in both modes.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I'm drunk. Quick, someone invite me!

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
So I got the HBRa3 lead launcher from exo survival. I loved the base gun but oh man I want to marry this version. It has a slower rate of fire but it's more accurate. Slapping a foregrip on it turns it into a laser.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I couldn't see anywhere else. I bought the Day Zero edition today and went to redeem the code for the DLC stuff (PSN by the way). I did and it had a list of 2 things, I downloaded the one that was like 1.1 meg but there was another thing on the list for a few KB and when I went to download it wouldn't let me, is nayone else having this problem?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

my poo poo froze gently caress it

Cab
Apr 23, 2003

venutolo posted:

Ty has been around and I've played with him a few times this week. Whiskey moved to San Francisco and out of god's one true timezone.

Ah ya I forgot I usually played with you guys early when I was on the east coast. Explains a lot. drat it Whiskey I'm West Coast again so get on!

Getting on gonna give lagfest a shot again or try out exo mode.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Evil Canadian posted:

I don't know what the proper term is for this, but for some of the older games there was always this bigass chart that told you the true weapon damage and stats of everything, and stuff like damage dropoff at xyz range, anything like that for AW?

Going to say it's not out yet, but I'll look now and edit it in in the next few minutes if it is.

e: it isn't, but watch this thread: http://denkirson.proboards.com/thread/4943

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
okay so exo survival is pretty awesome

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Has anyone been having issues with MP just straight up not putting you into games? I've been able to jump into co-op matches perfectly, but as soon as I try any other MP mode including different playlists, it sits there and says that there's exactly zero games going on.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Guru Yaekob posted:

Anyone wanna get a group going tonight?

Sorry dude casuals only. Destiny might have more of what you want.

Anyone else complete exo - survival? The final level and rewards are pretty great.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Mill Village posted:

I killed someone with a Care Package tonight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A151gEHx_Ug

Pfffft I got a double TK with one at the start of the 2nd round of HC Dom. :smug:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Welp, it works again, but drat I don't really like this game. The last time I truly had tons of fun in COD multiplayer was MW 2, still by far my favorite entry in the series.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Mill Village posted:

http://gfycat.com/PreciousFaintCottontail I raised you a better care package stomp that looks intentional.

with sound here if you are up for a short highlight video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj4yMriytW0

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
Getting incredibly frustrated with this game. I can go in and play with bots on hard difficulty and end up going say 20-8 or so. I go into actual multiplayer and go like 3-15 or worse.

What the gently caress? I know bots aren't the same as real people but I don't get it. I really don't think I'm THAT bad at the game.

PyrE
Feb 2, 2005

Soldier? Check.
Flight? True.
Commie? NO!
Rich? Quite.
When I played MW2 I loved the TAR-21 is there an equivalent in AW?

edit : or a Black Ops Galil equivalent

If any ps4 users want to add me psn : squarepushr irlcyberbully

PyrE fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 9, 2014

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Getting incredibly frustrated with this game. I can go in and play with bots on hard difficulty and end up going say 20-8 or so. I go into actual multiplayer and go like 3-15 or worse.

What the gently caress? I know bots aren't the same as real people but I don't get it. I really don't think I'm THAT bad at the game.

You probably have a poo poo connection. Welcome to online gaming!

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
I managed to kill myself with my own care package, that's how good I am

I like this game a lot more than Ghosts, but I just can't get used to playing with a controller. I used to be decent at the PC versions, but here I rarely finish games with a positive KDR. I just can't snap to a target like I did with a mouse. Guess I gotta practice more

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Mystery Opponent posted:

I like this game a lot more than Ghosts, but I just can't get used to playing with a controller. I used to be decent at the PC versions, but here I rarely finish games with a positive KDR. I just can't snap to a target like I did with a mouse. Guess I gotta practice more

Up to Blops1 I played shooters exclusively on the PC, then from MW3 onward I play CoDs exclusively on consoles (360 -> PS4).

In the beginning, turn your sensitivity way down, and favor accuracy over being able to react quickly. Then use knowledge of the maps and common player routes and camping spots to flank opponents while not getting shot in your own back. Over time, you'll get more comfortable with the controller and you can raise the sensitivity way up, allowing you more flexibility in your playstyle.

It's also worth it to drop $10 on a pair of stick grips/stick extenders. I use the Keelux ones and love them, but I know a lot of other goons prefer the variations of FPS Freeks.

Just stick with it. I think it takes like a 1,000 hours of practice just to start getting good at any new skill, and 10,000 hours to master it.

Undead Muppet fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 9, 2014

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Or just get a XIM.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Just had a TDM episode there where I got the Turret scorestreak, but I couldn't deploy it. When I hit D-Pad right, my weapon swapped out but there was no ghost image of the turret and I couldn't place this invisible piece of poo poo anywhere. Anyone else encountered this? It persisted across several deaths.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Undead Muppet posted:

Up to Blops1 I played shooters exclusively on the PC, then from MW3 onward I play CoDs exclusively on consoles (360 -> PS4).

In the beginning, turn your sensitivity way down, and favor accuracy over being able to react quickly. Then use knowledge of the maps and common player routes and camping spots to flank opponents while not getting shot in your own back. Over time, you'll get more comfortable with the controller and you can raise the sensitivity way up, allowing you more flexibility in your playstyle.

It's also worth it to drop $10 on a pair of stick grips/stick extenders. I use the Keelux ones and love them, but I know a lot of other goons prefer the variations of FPS Freeks.

Just stick with it. I think it takes like a 1,000 hours of practice just to start getting good at any new skill, and 10,000 hours to master it.

Mill Village posted:

Or just get a XIM.

This. Here's me on release night for AW going 29-5, on the 360 with a XIM Edge, G15 keyboard and Razer Naga mouse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc-Al5fctNc

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 9, 2014

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Alteisen posted:

Only 3 goons in that lobby friend and that includes me, you and Swish.
Ah that is heartening, the next three games after you bailed were nothing but guys hollering "AWWWW!!!! COME ON!!!! THAT WAS BULLSHIT!!!!! THIS SUCKS!!!" and claiming everybody on the other team was lagging.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

The Machinima Man posted:

This. Here's me on release night for AW going 29-5, on the 360 with a XIM Edge, G15 keyboard and Razer Naga mouse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc-Al5fctNc
Now get the XM1 laser with gung-ho and a grip for added accuracy. Fly around like it's Unreal Tournament and hipfire dudes from 5 miles away with pinpoint accuracy. Add the tracker for even more hilarity as everything you touch is lit up on the minimap as a Blackbird.

PyrE
Feb 2, 2005

Soldier? Check.
Flight? True.
Commie? NO!
Rich? Quite.
Wow is it frustrating trying to find a non lag ridden match

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Single player is good. You should play it.
Irons did nothing wrong.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
recon drone slayerrrrr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHo1dkE7lnM

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ah1q6puF3Q

Which one of these guys are Bloghouse? This is hilarious.

Also fun running around with the KF5 and having I'M A DOCTOR IRL yelling at me to only run UAVs all morning.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

wintrrmute posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ah1q6puF3Q

Which one of these guys are Bloghouse? This is hilarious.

Also fun running around with the KF5 and having I'M A DOCTOR IRL yelling at me to only run UAVs all morning.

Johnny is Bloghouse, but in a way, we are all Bloghouses.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Jesus Christ the S-12 Vengeance is unholy close range. Pair it with the riot shield and win every Domination game ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

venutolo posted:

Johnny is Bloghouse, but in a way, we are all Bloghouses.

All I remember about playing with Bloghouse is the rage.

• Locked thread