Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

CappyBottoms posted:

I have been playing for a few weeks now and I have to say that playing in this guild has been such a great experience.

If anyone is on the fence about this just play and play with goons. You will have a good time I promise.

After my IMP character I think I will go BH.

I bought rocket boots and the ewok companion as recommended. What else should I spend my cartel coins on? Any quality of life upgrades worth purchasing?

I usually spent them on upgrading my inventory capacity and opening cargo hold slots. Spending ingame currency only unlocks them for that character iirc, but spending CC unlocks them for your legacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VonLudwig
Apr 22, 2008
I think you can buy character or legacy/account unlocks with either. I know you can buy legacy unlocks for storage on the GTN.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Well, the starfighter stuff is pretty as hell, but I am terrible at it.

Please tell me all the ship unlocks and junk are legacy-wide and not per-character. :negative:

(I'll probably only do it for the daily quests, same as I do with PvP anyway)

Also apparently if you're Premium you can only do Flashpoints 3 times a week? Or only get loot 3 times or something? Bummer.

Really liking Operative so far. I've been mostly ignoring the knife stuff and instead using more of the shooty and poison-ey stuff, probably not nearly optimal but it's working for me so far.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

WarLocke posted:

Please tell me all the ship unlocks and junk are legacy-wide and not per-character.

:negative:

VonLudwig
Apr 22, 2008
If it's under character perks, it's per character, if not, it's probably legacy wide.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
The ship things (like the mailbox, gtn terminal, etc.) are legacy unlocks yes

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Blhue posted:

The ship things (like the mailbox, gtn terminal, etc.) are legacy unlocks yes

I thought he was talking about the starfighter ship unlock bits.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Oh if so then hahahahahahahahahahahah no. GSF is the worst poo poo

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Hey duders -

Tomorrow night, let's see if we can't get enough for a 16 man Dread Fortress Group Finder run. Say, 8pm EST? I know a few people still need to finish the quest for their relics and taun-taun, and last night's 8m attempt was miserable.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Sounds coo.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

WarLocke posted:

Also apparently if you're Premium you can only do Flashpoints 3 times a week? Or only get loot 3 times or something? Bummer.

It's just three loot rolls, and I think it's only on the final boss, and/or maybe it only counts if you actually win it? I dunno I just know I do a ton of Flashpoints and am frequently Preferred, and I almost never actually hit that limit.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Crindee posted:

It's just three loot rolls, and I think it's only on the final boss, and/or maybe it only counts if you actually win it? I dunno I just know I do a ton of Flashpoints and am frequently Preferred, and I almost never actually hit that limit.

Well I hope the stupid pubbie SW was happy that every drop in Black Talon was Str gear or a lightsabre. :argh:

Oni Elem
Jun 1, 2008

if there is anyone online who can throw a guild invite, it would be appreciated. I'm on my marauder Lan'aya

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Hey Hennimore your taste is alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JezuGOI2laQ

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Oh right, I meant to post that, thank you for doing it for me!

I'm glad I got to finally see EC last night, I just wish I was sober enough to remember it

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
We shot some dudes, Medullah found out his loot was disappointingly undersized. 'Bout it

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Welp, I finished my first character storyline; LS Jugg and hit 50.

Was pretty good all things considered. Glad I did it with the 12x bonus though. I can't imagine grinding it the long way. So I'm going to try to cram in the last 5 or so levels for my LS operative and then 30 odd levels of DS assassin before the 12x bonus runs out.

To that end I unlocked Treek and holy poo poo does it feel like cheating using her on my assassin. Should make things much easier though.

Is Markeb a sort of "what happens after" for your class storyline?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

autism chariot posted:

Welp, I finished my first character storyline; LS Jugg and hit 50.

Was pretty good all things considered. Glad I did it with the 12x bonus though. I can't imagine grinding it the long way. So I'm going to try to cram in the last 5 or so levels for my LS operative and then 30 odd levels of DS assassin before the 12x bonus runs out.

To that end I unlocked Treek and holy poo poo does it feel like cheating using her on my assassin. Should make things much easier though.

Is Markeb a sort of "what happens after" for your class storyline?

It's Ilum first, with two Flashpoint, then makeb, then oricon and two ops, then forged alliances. Also, the level 50 and 55 ops fit in there somewhere before oricon.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

It's Ilum first, with two Flashpoint, then makeb, then oricon and two ops, then forged alliances. Also, the level 50 and 55 ops fit in there somewhere before oricon.

And, most importantly, makeb is part of the 12x xp and you can use the bolster terminal to get 156 rated gear like stats. Get to 55 in less than 2 hours!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Holy cow, with all the new crap they've added to the game (strongholds, starfighter), two expansions worth of group content and all the daily poo poo, it really seems like trying to level multiple characters would be a full-time proposition.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Stan S. Stanman posted:

And, most importantly, makeb is part of the 12x xp and you can use the bolster terminal to get 156 rated gear like stats. Get to 55 in less than 2 hours!

Yeah, it may not be the "next thing" in the story, but regardless, you should skip Ilum and do Makeb because it'll get you to 55 pretty quickly (but only while this 12xp thing lasts, after 12/1 you'll have to go back to doing it the slow way).

Ilum (and the two FPs associated with it) are worth doing to see what happened to Darth Malgus, but given the circumstances, I think the XP from makeb is a better use of time.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah, it may not be the "next thing" in the story, but regardless, you should skip Ilum and do Makeb because it'll get you to 55 pretty quickly (but only while this 12xp thing lasts, after 12/1 you'll have to go back to doing it the slow way).

Ilum (and the two FPs associated with it) are worth doing to see what happened to Darth Malgus, but given the circumstances, I think the XP from makeb is a better use of time.

Well, to be fair, Ilum is 12x XP too. Makeb is better because of bolster, but both have same XP.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Well, to be fair, Ilum is 12x XP too. Makeb is better because of bolster, but both have same XP.

Oh, is it? I didn't know that.

Then I guess you might as well do Ilum if you're dead set on seeing the story in order, but I still think Makeb is probably the quickest route to 55 (I started Makeb at 47 and got to 55 by the end on my Merc).

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Makeb with 12x is super fast. I just did 51-55 on my merc in just a couple of quests. It also helps that transportation around Makeb is better than most of the other planets.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So for all you new 55s, let's shoot for doing Dread Fortress tonight. Group Finder nets us about 60 ultimate comms if we can finish the whole thing, some gear that a bunch of people can use, plus if you've done Oricon already you can finish the quest that gives you the Taun Taun mount and an Arkanian relic that is inferior to the PvP ones but some people hate PvP so it's pretty good for those people. I'll start filling up a group at 800 est, first 16 interested. If we don't have 16 by 830 we'll pug the rest.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

So for all you new 55s, let's shoot for doing Dread Fortress tonight. Group Finder nets us about 60 ultimate comms if we can finish the whole thing, some gear that a bunch of people can use, plus if you've done Oricon already you can finish the quest that gives you the Taun Taun mount and an Arkanian relic that is inferior to the PvP ones but some people hate PvP so it's pretty good for those people. I'll start filling up a group at 800 est, first 16 interested. If we don't have 16 by 830 we'll pug the rest.

Fortress or Palace? I thought you had to do Palace to get the Taun Taun mount (which I still don't have enough rep to use, after all this time of playing).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Fortress or Palace? I thought you had to do Palace to get the Taun Taun mount (which I still don't have enough rep to use, after all this time of playing).

Fortress. Palace gives you an even more useless relic.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Tauntaun is one word you Philistines

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
The one bummer about doing Makeb early is that the intro cutscene will somewhat spoil your class storyline.

Since you can start it before you finish your class storyline the dialog will actually be based on a path you might have chosen. I kicked the holoterminal around level 47 and alt-f4'd thinking the quest was given to me as bug; then when I started it for real after Chapter 3 the dialog was slightly different.

It's only two lines though so maybe not much of a concern.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I've been looking around for things to do at max level. How exactly do Conquests work?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

pentyne posted:

I've been looking around for things to do at max level. How exactly do Conquests work?

ABC - always be crafting. That's just my reserves so I can drop a bomb if another guild starts making a run on us. I'm not sure Bioware intended crafting to be as important as it is but you're not going to compete without it.

If you're working on Achievements there's a bit of synergy there since you'll be running FP's (55, 50, and tactical), Ops, and Kill X's for Conquest points as well.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Forming DF group now log on if you want to join before I start adding pubbies.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Yay, I finally hit 55 and yea im going to eco the whole do Makeb and hit level cap super quickly.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

ABC - always be crafting. That's just my reserves so I can drop a bomb if another guild starts making a run on us. I'm not sure Bioware intended crafting to be as important as it is but you're not going to compete without it.

If you're working on Achievements there's a bit of synergy there since you'll be running FP's (55, 50, and tactical), Ops, and Kill X's for Conquest points as well.

Now you're making me reconsider my plan of taking Slicing/Scavenging/Bioanalysis and just gathering all the things to convert into spacebucks. :ohdear:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Erstian why did you just log off without saying anything?

hydo
Nov 23, 2002

I'm gay for Lipton Brisk Iced Tea
Do I need to get preferred before I can join a guild? I know, I should have read the thread most of the way through but :effort:

I'm Cagatha on Jedi Covenant. I started an inquisitor for reasons I can't defend now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey Hulk Smash, since it looks like you were about the only one who hit conquest last week, figured I'd ask you where you think we should go tomorrow. :D

It's Death Mark again

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Since they're all shared planets, there's no way we're placing in the top 10. Tatooine has the most variety of things to do I guess?

I doubt I'll be able to hit goal this week or the next, so whatever's good.

CesiumCanoe
Oct 9, 2012

Oh ya
Patch notes for tomorrow are up:
http://www.swtor.com//patchnotes/11112014/game-update-2.10.3-patch-notes

The limit of 3 pending mission rewards is interesting. I suppose it's useful so people don't insta-level to 60 when 3.0 drops, but it's also going to force people like me who run crafting sweatshops to reevaluate which companions are doing what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

CesiumCanoe posted:

Patch notes for tomorrow are up:
http://www.swtor.com//patchnotes/11112014/game-update-2.10.3-patch-notes

The limit of 3 pending mission rewards is interesting. I suppose it's useful so people don't insta-level to 60 when 3.0 drops, but it's also going to force people like me who run crafting sweatshops to reevaluate which companions are doing what.

I'm confused how that works; if you send 5 companions out on missions and they all come back at the same time, what happens to the two that are above the cap?

• Locked thread