Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Also I think that guy was some kind of DDR player and I've never seen evidence that Woolie can dance

e: Liam is really killing this fisticuffs for me.

e2: nevermind his salt has looped around to being hilarious

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Nov 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Smash got in Evo because the last two years because it made the Charity spot where the smash players easily donated the most to gain their spot. It was such a huge turnout (like 2nd in viewers out of all the games) that it returned last year, still performed near the top. Turns out when you listen to players of their own community instead of making up random rules just to specifically spite them (Tekken was the same), the events go well.

Then again, Wizard is such a shitbag that no one actually told him to have ethics once a year.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am giggling like a loving child at David doing the feet thing.

EDIT: Oh my god, Kaysen STOP!

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
David kicking around a brussels sprout with his Charlie Chaplin hotdog feet should be on the same level of iconography as Pyramid Head and Mario mushrooms.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Each time David sits down with Kaysen, the pile of food will get bigger and bigger until Kaysen reveals himself to be a true demon and eats the reality of the game itself.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I hate to say this but the Hyper Light Drifter video has a bit of an editing problem, the borders of the screen are somewhat covered up and there's some audio delay as it progresses.
EDIT: Ok that ending was great though.

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 8, 2014

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

HLD video description posted:

IF you have any questions concerning Hyper Light Drifer, please consult the following GIF:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Shindragon posted:

Smash players in general are loving awful. The game however? Good.

Which is why I was a bit surprised that Smash in EVO went well, the community surprised me. It was pretty hype.

Didn't the first time it went in smash end with a bunch of people stalking the 12 year old tournament winner cause items were enabled?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Alright, I'm probably alone in this but Hyper Light Drifter is visually fantastic. I love the art style and the animations are great but it looks super, super boring. I'm 20 minutes into the video and I ended up closing it because the lack of music, lack of anything really is just ehh.

Can't discourage anyone who likes it and maybe it's more fun if you're the one playing it but watching it is just kinda dull.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Didn't the first time it went in smash end with a bunch of people stalking the 12 year old tournament winner cause items were enabled?

Yes

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

its funny because the reason smash was banned from evo for a while wasn't for the child stalking, it was because they then tried to commandeer a TV to host another smash tournament, right before street fighter was about to start.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So still because children.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"Now he looks like York!" That's probably because he is York. Kinda.

Also I heard you can find some red seeds in D4, anyone know if we've passed that point?

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I actually have the Hyper Light Drifter demo and I dunno it has music during bosses or whatever, I guess they are kind of going for the Dark Souls thing where there is no music except at important moments. It's a pretty fun game and I unlocked the "secret" in the game and it's pretty all right. If I had to compare it to anything it's kind of like a Link to the Past but with much more focus on the combat.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you hate smash, hate smash but hating something that happened 7 years when every other fighting game had like way more horrible things happen recently in the community is dumb.

Unless you're saying the FGC in general is dumb which is true.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
FGC is just as dumb as any other dumb sports thing/community which is to say that it totally isn't.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Which the recent drama in the FGC showed.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
If there's anything the new video of D4 taught me, it's that guys enjoy dress up a lot more than one would think.

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/super-best-friends-play-d4-part-6/

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Dressup always takes up ~90% of my play time of all video games that have it.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Tae posted:

If you hate smash, hate smash but hating something that happened 7 years when every other fighting game had like way more horrible things happen recently in the community is dumb.

Unless you're saying the FGC in general is dumb which is true.

I dunno man I haven't heard about mike ross jizzing on someone's bedsheets or vomiting on a futon so I'm pretty sure we're not there yet

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

AXE COP posted:

I dunno man I haven't heard about mike ross jizzing on someone's bedsheets or vomiting on a futon so I'm pretty sure we're not there yet

A man abusing his girlfriend twice is a bigger deal

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

Dressup always takes up ~90% of my play time of all video games that have it.

If I can dress up the main character in a classy suit in any game I'm going to be doing that as soon as possible. Ghetto gangster on a rampage through the projects? No, gently caress you, get in the suit.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Silentman0 posted:

If I can dress up the main character in a classy suit in any game I'm going to be doing that as soon as possible. Ghetto gangster on a rampage through the projects? No, gently caress you, get in the suit.

My criteria for picking characters in a fighting game can be summed up as "does this girl has a cool outfit? also no execution requirements"

(Rose, Poison, Asuka/Jun, Nina/Anna, Squigly/Peacock, VSion/Aoko)

Also, my Wei Shen wears whatever goofy poo poo I can put my hands on, like a luchador mask or the monk outfit.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grJsOShDCMw

The new intro's sick as hell.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

He'll never live it down. Never ever.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Agreed. Also Kirby's out for blood after all the "THIS IS OUR SONG NOW" comments jeeze.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Dias posted:

My criteria for picking characters in a fighting game can be summed up as "does this girl has a cool outfit? also no execution requirements"

(Rose, Poison, Asuka/Jun, Nina/Anna, Squigly/Peacock, VSion/Aoko)

Also, my Wei Shen wears whatever goofy poo poo I can put my hands on, like a luchador mask or the monk outfit.

Why is Eliza not there? You even get to choose what outfit her winpose has by holding certain buttons.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
If Wei Shen didn't wear the bloodstained suit for the entirety of your playthrough then what are you even doing with your life

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

CJacobs posted:

Nor would I want to.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

A Meat posted:

Why is Eliza not there? You even get to choose what outfit her winpose has by holding certain buttons.

Stopped playing Skullgirls before she came out. However, I was totally thinking about picking her up.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What playthrough is this legendary axe throw mishap from? I want to watch it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Silent Hill Downpour

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Thank you captain planet.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

CJacobs posted:

All it's missing is one of those screamer ladies in the shadows salivating wearing bib with a picture of Matt's butt on it.

EDIT: Holy poo poo though that intro really is good.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 9, 2014

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I still think Woolie and Liam's Triple Triad playthrough is the best video of FF8 on youtube.
What do you mean FF8's an RPG?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

AXE COP posted:

If Wei Shen didn't wear the bloodstained suit for the entirety of your playthrough then what are you even doing with your life

Wearing the Game of Death jumpsuit

duh

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

HGH posted:

I still think Woolie and Liam's Triple Triad playthrough is the best video of FF8 on youtube.
What do you mean FF8's an RPG?

No the best FF8 video is the source filmmaker version of that playthrough.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
God, I wish my PC was beefy enough to play TEW. Ah well, I guess I'll save it for the next time I upgrade.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

2snacks posted a bunch of individual parts on Tumblr.

Bonus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I am going to buy D4 despite not owning an xbone.

I need this to continue.