Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Anyone who bought at best buy go get price adjusted to $30 with brand smart USA price match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
God drat this game is fun. Just wish the maps were larger, both teams are respawning on each other in a lot of games, and those kills come off cheap.

In past COD games, do they ever release larger maps at all? I'm thinking twice the current size would be perfect for those 18 player games.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
You may think you want larger maps, but then you basically have Ghosts.

I'll agree that some of the maps are probably unsuitable for ground war. This makes ground war anywhere from really fun to terrible depending on how things are going for you that match.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mymla posted:

Single player is good. You should play it.
Irons did nothing wrong.
I've always loved the SP in CoD because it's like being in a crazy b-movie action movie, but this time in the obvious plot twist I really don't want to go with it. Like, I was hoping the campaign would be you helping Irons even though you know he's evil because that'd be rad as hell. I don't want to fight with Irons, I loved him in House of Cards :mad:

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Finished SP on Veteran. Only got 3 pieces of Intel though so I'll have to go back and find them plus finish upgrading poo poo. If I start a new game on easy mode will all that poo poo carry over?

also lol black guy is the only one who dies.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Static Rook posted:

Finished SP on Veteran. Only got 3 pieces of Intel though so I'll have to go back and find them plus finished upgrading poo poo. If I start a new game on easy mode will all that poo poo carry over?

Hey hey. You're white buddy got dead right at the beginning. Or did you not hold a button to pay respects?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Fibby Boy posted:

Hey hey. You're white buddy got dead right at the beginning. Or did you not hold a button to pay respects?

False Flag, hes not really dead.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Static Rook posted:

Finished SP on Veteran. Only got 3 pieces of Intel though so I'll have to go back and find them plus finish upgrading poo poo. If I start a new game on easy mode will all that poo poo carry over?

In all the previous CoDs when you picked up intel it was saved since it's usually tied to cheevos, so you could just go back to the campaign on the easiest difficulty and finish up the last ones you missed. I'm assuming it'll be the same here.

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
Any goons wanna party up? I'll play anything although hardcore is my favorite.

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
Gotta say I'm enjoying the Classic playlist a lot more than regular. Feels more like CoD and less like TitanFall, now if only they could sort the lag.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Im glad the plane flying is just one short level in this game cause im pretty sure none of the developers have ever played a flight sim.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Static Rook posted:

One of your Atlas bros leapt onto that explosive-rigged corpse as well while you were piloting the drone, pretty sure he didn't walk away.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Zsinjeh posted:

I've always loved the SP in CoD because it's like being in a crazy b-movie action movie, but this time in the obvious plot twist I really don't want to go with it. Like, I was hoping the campaign would be you helping Irons even though you know he's evil because that'd be rad as hell. I don't want to fight with Irons, I loved him in House of Cards :mad:

Yeah, I really wanted to side with him and be evil corporation ultimate badass soldier guy.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Yeah, I really wanted to side with him and be evil corporation ultimate badass soldier guy.
Mitchell's got the Rambo mullet as well which would be good for a bad guy, but at least it covers his weird-looking ears.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
One day they're gonna make a game where the corporation isnt comically evil.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

No.

No they won't.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Streaming being a giant rear end in a top hat in MP: https://www.hitbox.tv/Oglogoth

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Zsinjeh posted:

The "twist" was obviously going to happen, but I still couldn't help being disappointed when it did.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Mymla posted:

The "twist" was obviously going to happen, but I still couldn't help being disappointed when it did.
One thing that they really dropped the ball on? Why the hell isn't Kevin Spacey yelling in my ear during multiplayer as Atlas? :colbert:

By the way, don't open your loot packages while you have the bloodthirsty helmet. There's a chance it'll bug out, give you only one new piece of loot and re-reward you a new bloodthirsty helmet instead of two more loot drops. :argh:

Also the stinger launcher is so goddamn miserable. It is disgustingly slow to use in pretty much every way from switching, to locking on, to reloading. Even for taking down UAV's it's a pain in the tits.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I tried out Hardcore at the suggestion of others, it's viable right now as long as folks feel the net code in gunfights is a little wonky. But my god, do not play DM or TDM in HC. It just becomes a quiet campground. It's like every bad bit of behavior that people dislike about snipers.

Don Lapre posted:

Im glad the plane flying is just one short level in this game cause im pretty sure none of the developers have ever played a flight sim.

Yea but they did watch the hell out of Independence Day.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 9, 2014

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I wish blast suppressor muted everything your exo did.

Edit: And that the BAL wasn't the defacto best gun.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 9, 2014

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

about to log on for some MP action on xbone if anyone wants join. GT is Munion

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

Don Lapre posted:

Anyone who bought at best buy go get price adjusted to $30 with brand smart USA price match.

This works if your Best Buy is within 25 miles of a Brand Smart (edit) and possibly other places if your employees don't give a poo poo.

El Diablo Bob O fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 9, 2014

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Dear Sledgehammer games,

Thank you for including a support package for the scorestreaks.

Black Ops 2's decision to reset everything after death pretty much turned me off that entire multiplayer package.

Sure, I'm basically building up a single scorestreak over the course of an entire match now, but activating the UAV that paints enemies and then seeing all the UAV assist points gives me the warm and fuzzies.

I miss party modes (Gun game!) a lot, but at least Free For All is functional now.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

They should have had Activision instead of Atlas as the evil corporation.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

El Diablo Bob O posted:

This only works if your Best Buy is within 25 miles of a Brand Smart.

Which are in Florida and Georgia.

Except i did it in TN without a brand smart nearby, and so have people in california and the north east and...

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

Don Lapre posted:

Except i did it in TN without a brand smart nearby, and so have people in california and the north east and...

Well, please tell the employees in my store in Indiana. Is there something I can show them to get the deal?

I want to get it, but they said that the store isn't on the list.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

limited posted:

One thing that they really dropped the ball on? Why the hell isn't Kevin Spacey yelling in my ear during multiplayer as Atlas? :colbert:

By the way, don't open your loot packages while you have the bloodthirsty helmet. There's a chance it'll bug out, give you only one new piece of loot and re-reward you a new bloodthirsty helmet instead of two more loot drops. :argh:

Also the stinger launcher is so goddamn miserable. It is disgustingly slow to use in pretty much every way from switching, to locking on, to reloading. Even for taking down UAV's it's a pain in the tits.

You're telling me you'er always supposed to get three drops from a crate?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

El Diablo Bob O posted:

Well, please tell the employees in my store in Indiana. Is there something I can show them to get the deal?

I want to get it, but they said that the store isn't on the list.

The store is definitely on their list. When they click pricematch its listed as brandsmart.com. I just took the website in pulled up on my tablet and told the person it was on their list in the computer.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7331120-cal...scount-ymmv?v=1

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Dear Sledgehammer games,

Thank you for including a support package for the scorestreaks.

It is pretty nice. I liked the MW3 killstreaks the best and that was also a great game, imo. Idk why everyone in here hated it aside from the netcode which this one suffers from.

Is it going to turn into previous CODs where you literally have to gimp your connection to in turn have less lag? I remember some goons would say, download a torrent really slow on their PC

I just want to see what the first season pass release is so I can decide if I'm getting it or not

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 9, 2014

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Christoff posted:

It is pretty nice. I liked the MW3 killstreaks the best and that was also a great game, imp. Idk why everyone in here hated it aside from the netcode which this one suffers from.

Is it going to turn into previous CODs where you literally have to gimp your connection to in turn have less lag? I remember some goons would say, download a torrent really slow on their PC

I just want to see what the first season pass release is so I can decide if I'm getting it or not

I stream hd stuff to watch while playing seems to work.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Night Blade posted:

No.

No they won't.
I dunno, an ultra-libertarian/conservative game premise might be amusing as hell.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

coyo7e posted:

I dunno, an ultra-libertarian/conservative game premise might be amusing as hell.

I dont even want that far just not comically evil for once. They could have done something interesting with Atlas as a major player in world affairs etc but instead they went full Auschwitz like every other game.

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

Don Lapre posted:

The store is definitely on their list. When they click pricematch its listed as brandsmart.com. I just took the website in pulled up on my tablet and told the person it was on their list in the computer.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7331120-cal...scount-ymmv?v=1

Look, man this is an awesome deal and I'd like to get it but it is not working at this best buy.

They are not accepting the price match here unless you can find me a bestbuy.com page that says that they accept brandsmartusa.com.

I called customer service and they told me the "25 miles" thing too.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

El Diablo Bob O posted:

Look, man this is an awesome deal and I'd like to get it but it is not working at this best buy.

They are not accepting the price match here unless you can find me a bestbuy.com page that says that they accept brandsmartusa.com.

I called customer service and they told me the "25 miles" thing too.

Well its certainly YMMV. But people have definitely been getting the deal at bestbuys that arn't near brandsmart.

PirateNipple
Apr 5, 2004

Since MW, I've only played the MW campaigns, but this one was fun. Maybe it was the long break I took from them. I'm even considering going back on Veteran!

And the MP is fun :dance:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Carecat posted:

You're telling me you'er always supposed to get three drops from a crate?
I've always got three. It's not always equipment but it's usually at least one cosmetic item, one 'game' item be it a weapon or something like 2x XP and either another cosmetic or useful drop. Guess I'm just lucky? :confused:

But having the bloodthirsty helmet crop up when opening a crate is definitely a bug. You get that for a 5 killstreak for only 30 minutes. For whatever reason.

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

Don Lapre posted:

Well its certainly YMMV. But people have definitely been getting the deal at bestbuys that arn't near brandsmart.

I edited my post to make things clearer, I was riding a wave of disappointment when I posted it.

I just wanted a sweet deal, you know?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I dunno if ya'll have the AW app, but I've noticed it REALLY increased the battery drain on my N5, even after switching off every notification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Fibby Boy posted:

coyo7e posted:

One of your Atlas bros leapt onto that explosive-rigged corpse as well while you were piloting the drone, pretty sure he didn't walk away.

Talkin about main characters, not people who show up for a level and then are gone. I also love how the game managed to cram in both "Well, well, the prodigal son returns" and "This is bigger than any of us" as well. At least Hot Foreign Lady and Brit Sidekick were okay. But again, thinking about CoD story isn't worth the trouble. Gonna go goomba stomp in MP in a bit on PS4.

• Locked thread