Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Davros1 posted:

They did it a hell lot better than Studio 60, and that's for drat sure. (Studio 60's plot was a whole ep of the main character raging about how product placement would denigrate the integrity of his lovely sketch comedy show)

To be fair, they did everything a hell of a lot better than Studio 60. I remember I didn't even try 30 Rock when it first aired because I figured network TV wouldn't have two shows about a sketch comedy show, and of course the Aaron Sorkin one would be the one to last.

Silver lining, when I finally tried 30 Rock I had a couple of seasons I could marathon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Which all lead to this amazing moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjUWs-Y0lnM

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

thrawn527 posted:

To be fair, they did everything a hell of a lot better than Studio 60. I remember I didn't even try 30 Rock when it first aired because I figured network TV wouldn't have two shows about a sketch comedy show, and of course the Aaron Sorkin one would be the one to last.

Silver lining, when I finally tried 30 Rock I had a couple of seasons I could marathon.

That was pretty much my experience. They were advertising two shows at the same time: one, an upcoming NBC series about the goings-on behind the scenes of a popular network sketch comedy show. The other, an upcoming NBC series about the goings-on behind the scenes of a popular network sketch comedy show. One had Chandler, Aaron Sorkin, the guy who was later in the West Wing I think, and looked very polished and ready to knock my socks off. The other was a goofy-looking show in which the leading man, Alec Baldwin, was a little surprised (in the ads) to find out that he was on.

I gave Studio 60 about 60 years of my life. At least, that's what the four or five episodes felt like. There was one funny moment: a fake baby (in the vein of "take care of this doll to prove you're a good candidate for parenthood") hilariously exploded. Then, one day, I accidentally caught a rerun of 30 Rock, and I was hooked.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

tarlibone posted:

That was pretty much my experience. They were advertising two shows at the same time: one, an upcoming NBC series about the goings-on behind the scenes of a popular network sketch comedy show. The other, an upcoming NBC series about the goings-on behind the scenes of a popular network sketch comedy show. One had Chandler, Aaron Sorkin, the guy who was later in the West Wing I think, and looked very polished and ready to knock my socks off. The other was a goofy-looking show in which the leading man, Alec Baldwin, was a little surprised (in the ads) to find out that he was on.

I gave Studio 60 about 60 years of my life. At least, that's what the four or five episodes felt like. There was one funny moment: a fake baby (in the vein of "take care of this doll to prove you're a good candidate for parenthood") hilariously exploded. Then, one day, I accidentally caught a rerun of 30 Rock, and I was hooked.

Either you mean after STudio 60 he appeared on West Wing, which makes no sense since WW predated S60, or he appeared late in WW's run, which again, doesn't work cause he was there from the start (Actor is Bradley Whitford, Character Josh Lyman)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

Holt's monologue is my favorite moment ever on this show. Please give every comedy Emmy every handed out to Andre Braugher retroactively. Thanks.

This whole thing was foreshadowed by Kyra Sedgwick telling Holt that when he loses his job he will have to fall back on his true calling of being a poet.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

bunnyofdoom posted:

Either you mean after STudio 60 he appeared on West Wing, which makes no sense since WW predated S60, or he appeared late in WW's run, which again, doesn't work cause he was there from the start (Actor is Bradley Whitford, Character Josh Lyman)

No, I got it mixed up. In my memory, Studio 60 seems to have happened before West Wing, because my mind has buried the Studio experience deeper than it buried the Wing series. It really says a lot about how horrible I found Studio 60, that my recollection of the show is like some distant experience that, apparently, I clearly don't actually remember all that well at all.

And, don't forget Timothy Busfield, another guy who showed up in Studio 60. There might be more crossover, but it's so sad that I don't really want to think about it anymore. He played journalist Danny Concannon on the West Wing; a character unimportant enough to warrant a space on the West Wing's Wikipedia page's cast list table, but important enough to get a surprisingly robust Wikipedia page of his own.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

tarlibone posted:

No, I got it mixed up. In my memory, Studio 60 seems to have happened before West Wing, because my mind has buried the Studio experience deeper than it buried the Wing series. It really says a lot about how horrible I found Studio 60, that my recollection of the show is like some distant experience that, apparently, I clearly don't actually remember all that well at all.

And, don't forget Timothy Busfield, another guy who showed up in Studio 60. There might be more crossover, but it's so sad that I don't really want to think about it anymore. He played journalist Danny Concannon on the West Wing; a character unimportant enough to warrant a space on the West Wing's Wikipedia page's cast list table, but important enough to get a surprisingly robust Wikipedia page of his own.

Danny was awesome. Also, apparently he and Josh Molina (Will Bailey) are related by marriage. I think they married two sisters. I forget the specifics, but Molina was speaking at UF one year and mentioned that he was going to see him at Thanksgiving.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I am really glad it is Sunday

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

UGH wtf is wrong with Fox? I want to try and show people some of the awesome jokes that'd endear them to this show but there is loving nothing good in the way of YouTube videos on this show. I mean come on Fox, just put up Holt's "is everything ok?" speech from last week? It's not like you're giving away all that's good about the show because even though these jokes work on their own it still doesn't compare to watching them roll out one after the other in an linear episode. Goddammit Fox.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Terrible sex with a moleman.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Having TERRIBLE sex with a mole man.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I have no idea why I'm laughing so hard at "There was a problem at the bank" and the captain's "Hot drat!"

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
That was the most expressive thing Holt has ever done in his entire life

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Fast Luck posted:

I have no idea why I'm laughing so hard at "There was a problem at the bank" and the captain's "Hot drat!"

Yeah same, I can't believe he was right haha

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

It's a joke that only works when you know the characters. I love that they rely on that.

And continuity!

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
"Sounds of Ibiza" sleep CD

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

poke pals.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Sofia Lies Her rear end Off

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
amy is amazing

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm enjoying a magazine.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Like I don't have enough poster board at home.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Permission to arrest Rosa for being a jerk.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Little spoon all the way.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh, Carl...

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

The challenge... is keeping the buttons on :whatup:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
The idea of a sunglasses case being a wallet is hilarious for some reason

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
The challenge is keeping the buttons on :allears:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The challenge is keeping the buttons on.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
To be fair John Addams did look like a book.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

To be fair John Addams did look like a book.

Whats weird is that I basically made that exact same remark to somebody today :stare:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm gonna think about it every time I look at your crotch...

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

amyskully minotaur.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

You know, the weird stuff.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I strongly disagree.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
You should take all the black, gay cases

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"You called it a pow-wow!" :3:

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Okay, drop a nugget.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I just want my party sub.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Oh gently caress yes Stephen Root

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU