Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I took that amiibo survey. I told them it'd be cool if each amiibo had a little sound byte play every time it was NFC-scanned. I want a Yoshi that says Yoshi! every time I scan it, and perhaps that taking-a-poo poo straining sound when I throw it across the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Quest For Glory II posted:

I hope Nintendo makes one of their upcoming retail games require Energy Pack purchases to play longer than 10 minutes, so that jivjov can explain to people why Nintendo is just following the market

That's about the point Nintendo would be losing me too. I mean, if they had a mobile gaming presence with a wide variety of games and one of them had a timer cool down governing gameplay, i could go with it, but something like that on wii U or 3DS would be pretty ridiculous.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

So since Nintendo is all about "You're better off using one of those wii lan adapters!" for Smash and my wifi has been spotty as of late, I figure I get one. But since they stop making the official ones, I'm stuck looking for 3rd party stuff.

If anyone here bothered getting one at some point, which one is worth buying or will it really matter which one I buy in the long run since it's just a drat lan adapter.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mii Plaza games are cooldown-based but you recharge stamina bu going outside and meeting people.

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is a microtransaction-based game but you can choose to ruin Rusty's life instead of your own so it's actually super ethical.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

GameboyHero posted:

If anyone here bothered getting one at some point, which one is worth buying or will it really matter which one I buy in the long run since it's just a drat lan adapter.

You can just buy any old LAN adapter and it'll do the job perfectly fine.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The new Sonic game leaked. You might be interested to hear that it's really bad!

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

JordanKai posted:

You can just buy any old LAN adapter and it'll do the job perfectly fine.

Sweet. Might as well pick this one in a few days and see how it goes. Unless anyone knows a better one.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The new Sonic game leaked. You might be interested to hear that it's really bad!

Maybe(probably) it is but I wouldn't trust the opinions on games from people who loving steal them.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

greatn posted:

Maybe(probably) it is but I wouldn't trust the opinions on games from people who loving steal them.

did you know there are video game stealers posting in this very thread!?!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

greatn posted:

Haha what

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

axleblaze posted:

Also, I do love how often people literally just tell people that have a negative opinion about something Nintendo is doing that they should just have their own thread (which I don't think exists right now). Where else on here is that a thing people say? It's weird and a little sad to demand a positive echo chamber.

I haven't read any of the posts after this, but I wasn't saying "negative opinions need to leave," just this loving endless bickering on the same subjects that come up on a weekly basis at minimum, it seems. Has it even been a week since this info was released? Because we've already had a long fight (mostly of jivjov vs a few others) and now the complaints (and jivjov) are starting anew and...agh.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

greatn posted:

Video game thieves actually know the most about video games.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mario 64 would have sucked if not from all those ideas Miyamoto stole from the developers of Croc: Legend of the Gabbos.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

homeless snail posted:

Video game thieves actually know the most about video games.

I think people who think they are entitled to something for free don't have any room to talk about the value of it.

But I realized by "leaked" they may not have meant pirated copies, but a review copy person talking early or streaming on twitch, which is legitimate.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

greatn posted:

I think people who think they are entitled to something for free don't have any room to talk about the value of it.

lmao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

hey you. yeah you motherfucker. i don't care how great you think game of thrones is. you loving downloaded it off the internet you piece of poo poo

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

People who pirate video games, movies, tv shows, books, whatever, are pieces of poo poo.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

absolutely anything posted:

hey you. yeah you motherfucker. i don't care how great you think game of thrones is. you loving downloaded it off the internet you piece of poo poo

You should get hosed if you aren't American, imo.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

greatn posted:

People who pirate video games, movies, tv shows, books, whatever, are pieces of poo poo.

YOU WOULDN'T STEAL A CAR!!! WHY WOULD YOU STEAL A MOVIE???

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

greatn posted:

Aaaaaahahahaha.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I agree with you, greatn, criminal are scum

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Stealing video games is bad but bad Sonic games are also bad so I'm conflicted.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

greatn posted:

:lol:

if I haven't paid for it they don't deserve my $$

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I think I would prefer the pointless negative circle jerks over literal piracy defense :wtc:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Macaluso posted:

YOU WOULDN'T STEAL A CAR!!! WHY WOULD YOU STEAL A MOVIE???

I stole a movie once, but they found it in the closet of an insane asylum...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Kilometers Davis posted:

I think I would prefer the pointless negative circle jerks over literal piracy defense :wtc:

Here's some more high quality amiibo shots someone can complain about and jivjov can be overdefensive about : http://kotaku.com/up-close-and-personal-with-nintendos-amiibo-figures-1656410094

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

I might be a gamer, but first and foremost I am a man of God. The King of Kong himself dropped this protip in Matthew 7:1: "judge not lest ye be judged".

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i can't believe i'm surrounded by amoral godless stealers. thank god nobody smokes any weed or jaywalks near me or i might have to freak out

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

greatn posted:

Here's some more high quality amiibo shots someone can complain about and jivjov can be overdefensive about : http://kotaku.com/up-close-and-personal-with-nintendos-amiibo-figures-1656410094

The pose is majestic.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5ssg9VV8XU&t=1113s
Maybe it's not as bad as '06, but it might as well be

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

homeless snail posted:

I might be a gamer, but first and foremost I am a man of God. The King of Kong himself dropped this protip in Matthew 7:1: "judge not lest ye be judged".

Billy Mitchell wouldn't pirate.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

.TakaM posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5ssg9VV8XU&t=1113s
Maybe it's not as bad as '06, but it might as well be

I hate to defend what's probably a lovely game, but falling g through the floor geometry is one of the most common bugs in modern games, it happens in half of the major releases.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

greatn posted:

I hate to defend what's probably a lovely game, but falling g through the floor geometry is one of the most common bugs in modern games, it happens in half of the major releases.

Falling through the geometry as a result of lovely half-done level design is not the same as glitching through the floor

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Catching up on the thread and reading about Amiibos and piracy, I now really want to see someone torrent 3d printer information for an Amiibo, use it with their 3d printer, spend hours painting it into a perfect copy, and then of course not be able to actually scan it and get mad.

Unrelated, I am glad to know we now have a release date for the first batch of MK8 DLC. I recently finished unlocking all the normal characters so this is well-time to keep things fresh.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Kind of a weird retailer based question, but one Target in my area has Bayonetta 2, but no Pikmin 3 in stock, and another target has no Bayonetta 2, but like 10 Pikmin 3 in stock. Both had Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors in stock. Is there any way to have one store transfer a copy of the game to another? Or do I have to search around for a store that has all three games that I want?

Oh, and I know I want Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2, but should I get Hyrule Warriors or Tropical Freeze? I feel like HW is always going to keep its $60 price tag, and DK's price tag is already dropping.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'm actually pretty impressed they're painting on the glow from Mario's fireball. That's a pretty nice detail there!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Scholtz posted:

Kind of a weird retailer based question, but one Target in my area has Bayonetta 2, but no Pikmin 3 in stock, and another target has no Bayonetta 2, but like 10 Pikmin 3 in stock. Both had Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors in stock. Is there any way to have one store transfer a copy of the game to another? Or do I have to search around for a store that has all three games that I want?

Some businesses will let you order online with in-store pickup. Among those, some will ship your items to the store of your choice. I don't know if Target does either, though.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Scholtz posted:

Is there any way to have one store transfer a copy of the game to another?

A lot of stores do this although I don't know if Target is one of them. Just find a manager to ask.

But speaking of Sonic, what kind of dark magic keeps him around? If any other franchise on the planet released this many bad games they'd go the way of Bubsy the Bobcat and Gex the Gecko.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gex the gecko had some good games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

greatn posted:

On one hand gently caress you for making me click kotaku, on the other hand this shows that Samus' boring pose is actually the key to making her the best Amiibo there is. I'll probably get her if the good Captain's pose means he'll get some ugly plastic holder thing on him.

• Locked thread