Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
No wonder women were too difficult to animate. Males are too difficult to animate too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

blackguy32 posted:

No wonder women were too difficult to animate. Males are too difficult to animate too.

:drat:

Oh Ubisoft.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Asscreed would be a lot better if it was a janky European game, like two worlds, instead of some try-hard AAA garbage.

That gif is pretty much the only good thing to come out of Unity.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

ufarn posted:

Stealth in TLOU is garbage, but it doesn't become apparent, as long as you stick to the Normal difficulty.

I too like repeating semi-controversial opinions with no examples to elaborate.

J-Spot posted:

Little Big Planet 3 should be fun.

I'm torn on whether I should wait and get this game for the PS4 or just get it for the PS3. I will probably get one some time next year (I've kinda been waiting on FFXV), so I dunno.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Also I usually don't hang out with preteen girls and shooting ranges because I'm not a pedophile nor an unstable adult.
People have families and sometimes those families enjoy shooting together? Is this a difficult concept?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

BitBasher posted:

People have families and sometimes those families enjoy shooting together? Is this a difficult concept?

No man if you've ever shot a girl with a gun you're a crazy pedophile, don't you read the news?

Crazy glitches in AC games are great, and I hope there's many more. I just hope that the game brings something new to the table because I'm a bit open-world'd out after Shadow of Mordor.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The most upsetting thing about this to me is the screen tearing. :gonk:

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

BitBasher posted:

nah man

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

sellouts posted:

These adjustments from reddit kind of help make The Crew less terrible:

Go into the Control Options...
Set Car handling help level to Hardcore
Set Steering Sensitivity to approximately 3/4
Set Steering dead zone all the way to the left
Steering speed factor all the way to the right

This helps a ton but still not nearly enough. The lag on turning is a killer.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

DrNutt posted:

Nah actually the stealth mechanics bring everything down because they're garbage and make the game unfun to play. If it were a straight up shooter like Drake it would've been much better.

e: Unless you're Kojima, don't bother with stealth, because it's going to suck. Or Bethesda I guess because the way stealth works in Skyrim is just loving hilarious. *gets shot in eye with arrow, searches around for a few minutes, sits back down at dining table* "Must have been my imagination."

Don't play it like a stealth game because it will gently caress you by having a twig in your path that alerts the whole level.

Play it like the brick throwing simulator it actually is. The multiplayer where you're slinking around then charging the first motherfucker with his back to you is the proper introduction to how the singleplayer should be handled. If you're trying to ghost every area you're doing it wrong.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Whats the deal with the Just Dance games, do you need the camera for it to pick up what you are doing? Looking to get it for my daughter for xmas :ninja:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

You're pretty dense aren't you?

I was like 100% with you on your anti GTAV V and TLOU trolling until you said call of duty is bad and outed yourself as someone who just sucks at games

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The best part about TLOU stealth is that none of it matters and you can run past entire chunks of areas before naughty dogs terrible loading/streaming catches up. If you do get caught you can push the girl into a monster and she'll either stall or outright kill them.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Less replying to VBC's OBVIOUS trolling. More talking about how PixelJunk dudes just replied very straightforwardly to my tweet about what time tomorrow The Tomorrow Children starts.

"Morning PST"

Feenix fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 10, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
TLoU was fun. I wouldn't suggest playing it on anything higher than hard difficulty, due to the forced encounters or stealth being outright broken in some cases, or AI fuckery after repeated retries on a specific encounter.

The SP was really well done for a first playthrough. The MP isn't bad at all, but I still prefer gears or uncharted.

Kind of shocked to see the hate, but eh, I think I originally thought it was overhyped when I played it on ps3, if I am not mistaken.
I certainly appreciate the work that went into the game though, as I saw every drat nook and cranny of detail, with how much time I invested into it.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 10, 2014

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Injustice is fun and has an interesting story, but good god, the cutscenes run just terribly. I swear the cutscene framerate is worse than the PS3 version, it is unbearable. It really detracts from the experience. How did that even happen, and how did it pass QA?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Injustice is fun and has an interesting story, but good god, the cutscenes run just terribly. I swear the cutscene framerate is worse than the PS3 version, it is unbearable. It really detracts from the experience. How did that even happen, and how did it pass QA?

And the poo poo didn't even look that good on PS4 to begin with....

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

al-azad posted:

Don't play it like a stealth game because it will gently caress you by having a twig in your path that alerts the whole level.

Play it like the brick throwing simulator it actually is. The multiplayer where you're slinking around then charging the first motherfucker with his back to you is the proper introduction to how the singleplayer should be handled. If you're trying to ghost every area you're doing it wrong.

Yeah, it should be noted that the gameplay in tlou (pronounced tuh-loo) is supposed to evoke savagery at any cost rather than tactical efficiency/brilliance or shades of one-man-army militant professionalism.

You hide like a coward with weapons held together using scotch tape, and then when you get the slightest chance you claw, maim, poke, and stomp your way through in an effort to cheat death against people who are probably no worse than you. The Factions multiplayer completely endorses 4-man (pack animal) teams mob-rushing a man who is crawling for his life and then all hitting his body with 2x4s.

The single-player asserts you that you're not really supposed to feel okay with the violence, and if you want to experience a noble-cause infused powertrip murder simulator you should probably look to Call of Duty.

You are not an assassin, you are a dog who eats trash.

tlou is loving brilliant.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BoonyPC posted:

Whats the deal with the Just Dance games, do you need the camera for it to pick up what you are doing? Looking to get it for my daughter for xmas :ninja:

Either the camera or PS Move.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Scyron posted:

TLoU was fun. I wouldn't suggest playing it on anything higher than hard difficulty, due to the forced encounters or stealth being outright broken in some cases, or AI fuckery after repeated retries on a specific encounter.

The SP was really well done for a first playthrough. The MP isn't bad at all, but I still prefer gears or uncharted.

Kind of shocked to see the hate, but eh, I think I originally thought it was overhyped when I played it on ps3, if I am not mistaken.
I certainly appreciate the work that went into the game though, as I saw every drat nook and cranny of detail, with how much time I invested into it.

I gotta admit, I was sold on it with the intro but when I first discovered you could lob a brick into the back of someone's head, it became magical :allears:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I gotta admit, I was sold on it with the intro but when I first discovered you could lob a brick into the back of someone's head, it became magical :allears:

I beat the game and never knew you could.

does it kill people or just injure them? I figure it couldn't kill them because most enemies seem to take multiple pistol headshots before they die.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Real hurthling! posted:

I beat the game and never knew you could.

does it kill people or just injure them? I figure it couldn't kill them because most enemies seem to take multiple pistol headshots before they die.

Doesnt kill em, but theyre stunned for a rather long time and its fairly quiet so its a great way to shank someone a fair distance away.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a brick to the head should put someone on the floor.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
A brick can one hit kill like a melee weapon if you charge -> melee, while they are stunned from another brick or bottle.

Alternatively using it as a solid melee weapon gets you 3 hits and typically puts the enemy on their knee, in a position for a follow up punch kill.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Has anyone played the Escape plan DLC? I really enjoyed the main game despite a few frustrating levels and was wondering if the DLC was worth a play? It's only $5 for a combo of the 3 packs so I'll probably pick it up unless it was like super terrible or something.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

al-azad posted:

Well, I was talking about the ones with the fungus monsters. The game is tolerable in sequences where you're up against other humans, but is tedious and lovely when the infected come in to play. But it's okay, I can understand the need to jizz every time a game breaks out of middle school creative writing quality and gives us something closer to a mediocre TV show.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i don't like the zombie types. they could have done better.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

I said come in! posted:

UBISoft high standard quality.

I can't imagine anyone who actually knows anything about Unity buying it. At this point I'm going to assume anyone picking it up on release instead of the 10 dollar bargain bin is just making an uneducated purchase.

Megasabin fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 10, 2014

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I actually liked the zombie types but I just wish they had like, even one or two more. I did appreciate the wide variety of clothing/models/levels of decay they came in.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

This .gif is from a leaked build from months ago and doesn't really prove anything.

I'm not looking forward to Unity, but still.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Pirate Jet posted:

This .gif is from a leaked build from months ago and doesn't really prove anything.

I'm not looking forward to Unity, but still.

I dunno, it proves that glitches are still funny! I'm lukewarm on Unity, but I'll probably end up grabbing it at some point if it sounds like the combat doesn't suck. I really want to see that full scale traversable Paris, too, which should be fun to run around in at the very least.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I watched some of the PS4 Unity walkthrough that's out, and yeah I'm still completely onboard. It looks like more AC and it's absolutely beautiful. It's not going to change anyone's mind on the series but it looks like an upgrade of the same base gameplay, combat, traversal with the missions properly reworked to be more open. Exactly what I was hoping for. I didn't notice any awful technical hiccups and that was my main fear. Now I have to figure out what else to get on Tuesday for the b2g1. I've bought too many games already and I'm running out of options :downs:

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Kilometers Davis posted:

I watched some of the PS4 Unity walkthrough that's out, and yeah I'm still completely onboard. It looks like more AC and it's absolutely beautiful. It's not going to change anyone's mind on the series but it looks like an upgrade of the same base gameplay, combat, traversal with the missions properly reworked to be more open. Exactly what I was hoping for. I didn't notice any awful technical hiccups and that was my main fear. Now I have to figure out what else to get on Tuesday for the b2g1. I've bought too many games already and I'm running out of options :downs:

Are you watching a different stream than everyone else? Where did you see any improvement or enhancement on the combat system? I was looking for exactly this, since I'm kind of a sucker for AC games and wanted any excuse to buy it, but even wanting to see a difference, I could not at all. Also the missions look to be compromised of the same exact archetypes, except the one improvement is that if you don't follow the very specific rules they set for you, instead of failing the mission, it just turns into a foot chase or a brawl depending on the original mission type.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Megasabin posted:

Are you watching a different stream than everyone else? Where did you see any improvement or enhancement on the combat system? I was looking for exactly this, since I'm kind of a sucker for AC games, but even wanting to see a difference, I could not at all. Also the missions look to be compromised of the same exact archetypes, except the one improvement is that if you don't follow the very specific rules they set for you, instead of failing the mission, it just turns into a foot chase or a brawl depending on the original mission type.

The combat is the same but it looks more violent and meaty, kind of like AC3 (one of the few things I liked about that one). You're right about the missions but that's exactly what I wanted and how the series should have been for a long time.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kilometers Davis posted:

The combat is the same but it looks more violent and meaty, kind of like AC3 (one of the few things I liked about that one). You're right about the missions but that's exactly what I wanted and how the series should have been for a long time.

Good man: Blood on cloth in the trailer is exactly what I meant by "if the combat doesn't suck". If they didn't fix what wasn't broke but made it a little more fantastical to look at, I'm halfway sold as it is.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I had a flash drive I was using to play music from on my PS4, but it only had 3gb of space because the drive also had a 13gb Xbox 360 partition. I reformatted the drive (FAT) using my computer (OS X) to get back that space and now the PS4 won't recognize it. What did I do wrong? :(

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The Crew is pretty awful at a basic level despite my desire to like it. GTA's driving will offer better handling, more fun, a better social aspect, and a lot more race options.

What a shame.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Bass Bottles posted:

I had a flash drive I was using to play music from on my PS4, but it only had 3gb of space because the drive also had a 13gb Xbox 360 partition. I reformatted the drive (FAT) using my computer (OS X) to get back that space and now the PS4 won't recognize it. What did I do wrong? :(

FAT32 or exFAT only, apparently. exFAT being the best one. Sony have always wanted weird as gently caress formats for external poo poo and i don't know why, getting an external HD to work on the PS3 for backup/transfer purposes was a long night of forum diving i'll never get back, not just FAT32 but one very specific and weird setup of FAT32 with weird-rear end block sizes and other poo poo i can't even remember now.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Stanko-Prussian posted:

FAT32 or exFAT only, apparently. exFAT being the best one. Sony have always wanted weird as gently caress formats for external poo poo and i don't know why, getting an external HD to work on the PS3 for backup/transfer purposes was a long night of forum diving i'll never get back, not just FAT32 but one very specific and weird setup of FAT32 with weird-rear end block sizes and other poo poo i can't even remember now.

Tried again with exFAT and it's still not showing up. This is frustrating because I've tried it with two different flash drives now and neither one is working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010
Would be great if everyone just put VBC on ignore and stop quoting his moronic posts.

• Locked thread