Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Fauxtool posted:

RIP super arcade

is valle scaling back to just majors maybe?

Almost definitely not but you have to understand that valle collects revenue on WNF/TRB and any other level up nights(once in a while on weekends i think) and gets all the stream profit which probably isnt much but the subs alone are a small income. Super arcade runs on a really tight margin and whether the place can't continue to operate after is really not the point, he needed to cut out valle to attempt to make a little more money or the place will probably close either way, as of now if the attendance drops 40% he will still be net positive most likely, and he could easily close on thursdays and just make wednesday the all-in-one night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
Of course Lapchi didn't lose money. He didn't go all Shang Tsung and fly in the best players from Europe and Asia.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Tae posted:

What would change, operating costs? Because it probably isn't the viewership unless everyone renewed their 8.95.

What, you mean having a peak viewership at 1/3rd of a League of Legends streamer's Tuesday isn't good enough?

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

Heavy neutrino posted:

What, you mean having a peak viewership at 1/3rd of a League of Legends streamer's Tuesday isn't good enough?

Apples and oranges. I tried watching on Friday but the stream quality was so bad it wasn't worth even having on in the background. It was like a Japanese stream from 3 years ago.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

Almost definitely not but you have to understand that valle collects revenue on WNF/TRB and any other level up nights(once in a while on weekends i think) and gets all the stream profit which probably isnt much but the subs alone are a small income. Super arcade runs on a really tight margin and whether the place can't continue to operate after is really not the point, he needed to cut out valle to attempt to make a little more money or the place will probably close either way, as of now if the attendance drops 40% he will still be net positive most likely, and he could easily close on thursdays and just make wednesday the all-in-one night.
Watson tweeted today about doing more Smash stuff which has done well for him on Sundays. With the new Smash game I imagine doing more with their community/communities will only get better for the arcade.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Foodahn posted:

Apples and oranges. I tried watching on Friday but the stream quality was so bad it wasn't worth even having on in the background. It was like a Japanese stream from 3 days ago.

FTFY

they still use niconico instead of twitch for most of their poo poo in japan. A website that charges you to stream.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al Borland posted:

FTFY

they still use niconico instead of twitch for most of their poo poo in japan. A website that charges you to stream.

twitch wont let you scroll WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW all over the screen tho

Thats important

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Fauxtool posted:

twitch wont let you scroll WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW all over the screen tho

Thats important

it does let you draw little pig faces though.

E: Ouch champ got bodied hard.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012
Air is my hero. Go canada!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

RIP Smug.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Doggboat posted:

Air is my hero. Go canada!

I was thinking of playing poison but now everyone wants to play her :smith:.

Poor Smug.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al Borland posted:

I was thinking of playing poison but now everyone wants to play her :smith:.

Poor Smug.

everyone wanted to play gen after xian won evo. That lasted until you spent 30s in training and had to realize your execution isnt even close.

Same with elena

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Lol this Ryu Zangief match is amazing.

E:

Lol such sloppy play. That guy just did not give any fucks.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 10, 2014

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
God drat I love Air.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
A flood of BibleThumps for Smug. God, Poison's crouching forward is practically a projectile.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Awesome set.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
That was a heartbreaking last round.

Not even close poor smug.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Foodahn posted:

God drat I love Air.

That was a fantastic match.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Already liking winners match.

Such a bizarre winner finals.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Holy poo poo Pepedey vs Poongko is so intense.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Yep, this is awesome.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
OH MAN HERE COMES POISON.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Holy poo poo, Pepeday. That was so scary. Fuerte going barely over the ultra from Seth was quite intense for a not-match point moment. I love how the crowd goes nuts for just about every hit Fuerte gets in.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Welp looks like poison isnt gonna do it for Air.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Poongko so angry his focuses flash red!

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
I feel bad for Smug considering he's bodied Pepeday and Poongko in long sets convincingly.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

TenaciousJ posted:

I feel bad for Smug considering he's bodied Pepeday and Poongko in long sets convincingly.

Yeah knowing that air sent you home when you caould been first place is pretty :smith:

But such is the evil of brackets.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Air dropped quite a few things. He was so close every time, too.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
oh my god poongko

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Korean BM is the best thing in gaming.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Poongko literally took his shirt off just now

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

shirt is off, poo poo got real

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Shirtless males confirmed on stream.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Man Air, that's heartbreaking.

I'm glad we're back to shirtless finals.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
RIP Canada Cup, enjoy your ban

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Now you see my true form.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Come on Pepeday, don't lose drat you.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Better take your shirt off Pepe, to counter him...

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Poongko all up in his head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat that was a fast reset.