Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
http://www.enhancedsteam.com/index.php

Any thoughts on this? I main Firefox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

the OP of this thread that now has fewer words in the first post posted:

Recommended programs:
Enhanced Steam is a plug-in for Chrome and Firefox, and it’s :krad:. It highlights games you own, games on your wishlist, how many friends have said game on their wishlist, highlights DRM on games, highlights ongoing bundles, allows you to compare prices across regions, adds a “Empty Basket” button, allows you to add a custom amount of money to your Steam Wallet and a tonne more. Utterly essential. It's now possible to get Enhanced Steam in the Steam client, but it's more than a little clunky.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
How is Consortium? People compared it to Mass Effect,is it corny or just RPG-in-space?

I liked Alpha Protocol, if I can actually make stuff change I might like it

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
People compare Consortium to Mass Effect because both in both you hang around on a spaceship, or a plane in Consortium's case, and talk with dudes. That's about where the similarities end. Consortium is way more about the talking with dudes and way less about the combat. There's a bit of clunky FPS combat in Consortium but not that much. It's closer to something like a CYOA and yes things change depending on what your choices are.

I loved the game but it's also really buggy thanks to being a crazy port of the Source engine and it ends on a cliffhanger. The sequel is still in the works but they seem to be chugging along with it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Also, FYI it's totally against Steam ToS and is grounds for getting the account banned indefinitely.
What's the reason account migration frowned on these days? Payment details can be removed and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take too much effort to make a secure owner transfer system.
Would that many people be willing to put up with a dozen accounts with one game on them each where the code was bought from a cheapo Brazillan site?
Is it just another case of publishers getting pissy with second-hand games/having a hissy-fit in general?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's actually not very buggy right now. They patched the vast majority of the bugs out and I've not had any problems with it since launch.

It's definitely worth a playthrough if you like the "choosing lines of dialogue" side of Mass Effect.

Although, quick warning: the plot is that you're a person from our Earth whose consciousness is being cast into an alternate universe, but if you start picking dialogue based on what the person whose body you're inhabiting in Consortium-Earth would say, you're going to end up with some very weird and nonsensical dialogue.

This is because the game is designed to "loop" without changing dialogue in NG+, so you're being told stuff that only makes sense when you've already finished the game (the game assumes you're in NG+ because otherwise why would you pick these options that make no sense to a new player?).

Croccers posted:

What's the reason account migration frowned on these days?

The same reason it's always been frowned on (i.e. publishers being pissy about second-hand).

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Nov 10, 2014

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
I played the "Master" edition that came out during the spring and that was still buggy as hell. Great that they've kept up with the bug fixes, I'll have to do another playthrough then.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is steam inventory helper never going to get the "sell multiple items" button back? I have like a 100 crates in some back page of my inventory I really can't be arsed to offload one at a time.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

If you buy a second-hand account, aren't you also at risk that seller could reclaim it as a hijacked account down the line by providing evidence of a physical game with a cd key redeemed to the account? Not a factor for someone looking to sell an account, but makes any potential buyers wary about spending any amount of money on something they could potentially be screwed out of with no recourse.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Hrm, Enhanced Steam can be hit or miss with DRM, so staying vigilant is still a must. That red warning sign is nice though. It has a nice current and historical prices comparison right above Add to Cart.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

How often do you guys get booster packs? I think I've gotten one, maybe two, since trading cards were a thing, but then again, I've only been seriously dealing with idling and selling for the past 2 or so months.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How often do you guys get booster packs? I think I've gotten one, maybe two, since trading cards were a thing, but then again, I've only been seriously dealing with idling and selling for the past 2 or so months.

You can only get booster packs once you've crafted at least one badge, they're distributed randomly when other people craft badges so you're way likelier to get them during the holiday sales, and each 10 Steam levels you gain (up to 50) increases your odds of being selected to receive one.

I got up to level 20 a while back and now I think I have a full page of booster packs collected.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

MonkeyforaHead posted:

You can only get booster packs once you've crafted at least one badge,

It's just a certain level threshold iirc, I receive booster packs and I've never crafted a badge at all. I just immediately flip any card or booster pack I get and slowly accrue Steam funbux.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Dave Angel posted:

If you buy a second-hand account, aren't you also at risk that seller could reclaim it as a hijacked account down the line by providing evidence of a physical game with a cd key redeemed to the account? Not a factor for someone looking to sell an account, but makes any potential buyers wary about spending any amount of money on something they could potentially be screwed out of with no recourse.
This is one of the main reasons selling accounts is against TOS. People can prove they're the original account owners with various means (not only physical, just any proof of purchase is enough) so if anybody sends an angry e-mail to Valve saying that they bought an account and now got scammed out of it they can just reply 'it's illegal anyways, gently caress off' instead of having to deal with the mess of proving who the actual owner is.

Retroblique
Oct 16, 2002

Now the wild world is lost, in a desert of smoke and straight lines.

Do they ever sell?
When the marketplace/trading cards were still in early beta, I set the selling price of a card (worth about 10 cents) to $10 just to see what would happen. Someone bought it within 5 minutes. I figured they were either not paying attention or just decided to be generous.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MonkeyforaHead posted:

You can only get booster packs once you've crafted at least one badge, they're distributed randomly when other people craft badges so you're way likelier to get them during the holiday sales, and each 10 Steam levels you gain (up to 50) increases your odds of being selected to receive one.

I got up to level 20 a while back and now I think I have a full page of booster packs collected.

Ah ok. I'm at level 14, now I have to decide between going up 6 levels, or just continue selling.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Ah ok. I'm at level 14, now I have to decide between going up 6 levels, or just continue selling.

I'm only lvl 16 (and I'm pretty sure I got them even when I was lower) and get boosters maybe bi-monthly after idling most my game list. Also never crafted a badge.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I think at max level you're only twice as likely to get a booster pack than somone at the minimum. You're not going to be rolling in boosters just because you're high level.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Pretty sure that booster packs start dropping once you've received all the cards from a game. You might also need to be lvl 10 but I could be making that up.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

There's an official FAQ about that

quote:

Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How does trading works?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I just spent the last half hour looking up a bunch of videos on foil badges, trading, how to make cash on Steam.

My god, the economics of all of this are insane. And by insane, I mean very true to life. I'm really glad Valve hired that economist to make all of this happen. I'm watching a video right now on the best way to flip items for profit.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Kurtofan posted:

How does trading works?
You can't explain that.

Eulisker
Sep 2, 2011

If anybody wants metro 2033 quote me with your steamid or something.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I just spent the last half hour looking up a bunch of videos on foil badges, trading, how to make cash on Steam.

My god, the economics of all of this are insane. And by insane, I mean very true to life. I'm really glad Valve hired that economist to make all of this happen. I'm watching a video right now on the best way to flip items for profit.

Valve didn't hire an economist to make it happen, Valve hired an economist so he could explain to Valve themselves what people are doing and why they're doing it in the marketplace.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Kibayasu posted:

Valve didn't hire an economist to make it happen, Valve hired an economist so he could explain to Valve themselves what people are doing and why they're doing it in the marketplace.

Also this has become standard practice over the last few years for any online game publisher because, as you might imagine, people that make video games have no idea how money works.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
most economists have no idea how money works in a non-theoretical space.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
A guy at my work today said Assassin's Creed 3 is the best AC game because it has way less sailing than Black Flag, CoD4 is the worst CoD, Cowboy Bebop is bad because all music anime is bad besides Angel Beats, and he just switched from PC gaming to an XBox One. He was 100% serious about all of these. Justifiable homicide, y/n?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

A guy at my work today said Assassin's Creed 3 is the best AC game because it has way less sailing than Black Flag, CoD4 is the worst CoD, Cowboy Bebop is bad because all music anime is bad besides Angel Beats, and he just switched from PC gaming to an XBox One. He was 100% serious about all of these. Justifiable homicide, y/n?

First try to find out if his family has a history of mental illness. It might be genetic and in that case, he needs help and support, not a hatchet to the head.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Drifter posted:

most economists have no idea how money works in a non-theoretical space.
Most people in their fields have no idea what they're doing, this doesn't matter, Valve hired a guy who knew his poo poo.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Yes if non-medical condition.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Ask him for advice and then always do the opposite, you're guaranteed good luck.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Angel Beats was a musical anime?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Angel Beats was a musical anime?

In the same way Bebop or Ghost in the Shell were, sure. That is to say, they had music in them.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Uh, yeah.... Having wrong opinions about videogames is hosed up...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

a man who thinks angel beats is good is insane

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
So FF14 is living up to the hype. Square Enix was trolling with the annoying account registration (yup Japanese web design) and optional 1st hour of free exp through talking to everyone and doing mundane tasks (/welcome to 5 people).

But once you get out to the world and start exploring, the game really opens up. The game is beautiful (somehow doesn't suffer from MMO gigantism) and the animations are amazing. Bonus points for controller support.

The game feels more like a JRPG action adventure than an MMO. There's a free 14 day trial on Steam if people are curious.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bundle Stars has a LEGO bundle for $15:

LEGO Batman
LEGO Batman 2
LEGO Marvel Super-Heroes + DLC

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/lego-superheroes-bundle/

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 10, 2014

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Anyone know what the steamid's for sproggiwood and starbound are? SAM doesn't have either listed and I've got another 9 cards to idle between the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

RickVoid posted:

Anyone know what the steamid's for sproggiwood and starbound are? SAM doesn't have either listed and I've got another 9 cards to idle between the two.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311720/

The bolded part is the appID, FYI.

• Locked thread