Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Baby steps, people. One of these days it's going to stick.

You guys act like The Tick cartoon doesn't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

achillesforever6 posted:

I miss Dan Vs :smith:

What a weird show to be on the Hub of all things

Yeah, Dan Vs. was a fantastic show, I feel like it could've passed for something on Adult Swim. They sure tried their damnedest to make it look terrible in their commercials for it, though.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

axleblaze posted:

Yeah, it sucks it was watered down but it's better than nothing :unsmith:
It's also better than it first popping up on adventure time and making all of the shippers' pants simultaneously explode.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I just saw Gumball's The Burden and AAAAAAAHHHH HOLY poo poo

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Gumball is intense.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
So... Over the Garden Wall is amazing.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

One of the best scenes
This whole episode was pretty great

frank.club fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 4, 2014

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I told you guys. Can't wait to see the rest.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm glad some people are giving Over the Garden Wall a chance.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
The actress that voices the bird is awful. Everything else is amazing.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Crabtree posted:

I'm glad some people are giving Over the Garden Wall a chance.

It is so good. The animation, the music, the writing (that shows it's obvious the creator worked on "Flapjack" and "Adventure Time"), the loving voice acting. Not only is Elijah Wood the lead, but in the first night we get Christopher Lloyd and Chris Issak.

This is an instant save on my DVR so I can show it to friends.

Also, whatever dude, Melanie Lynskey is great as Beatrice, the bird, is great.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

El Tortuga posted:

It is so good. The animation, the music, the writing (that shows it's obvious the creator worked on "Flapjack" and "Adventure Time"), the loving voice acting. Not only is Elijah Wood the lead, but in the first night we get Christopher Lloyd and Chris Issak.

This is an instant save on my DVR so I can show it to friends.

Also, whatever dude, Melanie Lynskey is great as Beatrice, the bird, is great.

It could be because everyone else is so good in the show, but she immediately takes me out of it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Are they reairing it or having it online or anything? I was reminding myself to set it on the DVR all day yesterday and then before I knew it it was like 8pm :(

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Are they reairing it or having it online or anything? I was reminding myself to set it on the DVR all day yesterday and then before I knew it it was like 8pm :(

Knowing Cartoon Network they'll probably replay the hell out of it. Hell, I'll be surprised if they don't marathon the whole thing sometime within the next couple of weeks.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

The whole thing is up for purchase on iTunes already for :10bux:. Well worth the money IMHO.

Edit: Also, the bird is great. Stop hatin' on the bird!

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 5, 2014

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

I am already so into whatever the "Beast" is. That design and the voice (plus that singing at that end) are great.

I also noticed that turtle-thing that was coughed up by the wolf-monster before it turned back in a dog was seen in the very beginning of the second part of tonight's episode. Does it mean anything? Dunno, just putting it out there.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Wakfu season 2 is up on Netflix.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, I love how sarcastic Beatrice is about everything. It's really different than most cartoon animal helper characters.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I love Over the Garden Wall. I have no idea how CN is measuring its success, but I hope it exceeds expectations and we get more stuff like this.

My only complaint is that sometimes it's a little hard to tell what's going on because things that seem important are mumbled or sung unclearly.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's just so weird, but nothing as bizarre as on Flapjack, which makes it feel weirder? It's a bizarre cross between cozy and folksy and creepy and bizarre and mundane. It really is something else.

Also Cartoon Network put out a playlist of songs, which might be spoilery because I don't think they've all aired yet. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg6KfZlgBuDWDfSJRb8iV1lesGcQnDuGs
T
H
E
U
N
K
N
O
W
N

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Just binged the rest of the show on iTunes. That was wonderful.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Clarance really is growing on me. They just had a pretty well done Psycho reference.

It's odd that both Clarence and TTG had a boys vs girls episode this week.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Clarance felt a lot more realer though in the fact that everyone was freaked out about kissing. :allears: Way to go sumo.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm surprised there's not more talk of it, but Bee and Puppycat premiers tonight

edit: Also Over the Garden Wall is fantastic and weird

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Watched the whole thing today and yeah, Over The Garden Wall rules.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Macaluso posted:

I'm surprised there's not more talk of it, but Bee and Puppycat premiers tonight

Online or actually on TV?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

muscles like this? posted:

Online or actually on TV?

Cartoon Hangover YouTube channel. I think it goes public in 20 minutes?

The first two episodes are out for Kickstarter backers now, and they are really good :)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Over The Garden Wall was a very fun and clever. :)

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The sonic show debuted this morning on Cartoon Network. It's alright. Standard Saturday morning fair.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Over The Garden Wall was wonderful :allears:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Gaunab posted:

The sonic show debuted this morning on Cartoon Network. It's alright. Standard Saturday morning fair.

You know what would've gone well with that? Fuckin' Ben 10 Omniverse. Why they put it on weekdays is beyond me. Hell they probably had a year's worth of episodes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rudoku posted:

You know what would've gone well with that? Fuckin' Ben 10 Omniverse. Why they put it on weekdays is beyond me. Hell they probably had a year's worth of episodes.

Omniverse ends next friday :v:

Seconding Sonic Boom as "okayish" which just isn't enough for me. I couldn't believe how average an episode about Eggman crashing on Sonic's couch for a few days would be.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Super bummed about this. I was looking forward to Jhonen's new show. :smith:

http://www.questionsleep.com/?p=3100

quote:

As some of you may know, I’ve been developing an animated pilot in a super secret Disney bunker. Now I dunno how much you do or don’t know about animated pilots, but one of their key features is that they’re animated.

Bad news for traditional thinkers, here: The pilot’s not getting animated.

No, that doesn’t mean things are going badly, it just means I had the misfortune of being in development at a point where the network changed it’s dev process for all their current brewing projects. Not gonna lie, it sucks and it sucks bad for people who want to see some evidence of what Jenny Goldberg and I have been working on for so long now. Sure I’ve got other projects in the works, but as far as things being far enough along that we could soon start proving we’re not full of crap, VIH was pretty far along to where there were just a few more weeks to ship for animation.
So any testing for series pickups is going to be done based on animatics now.

So there’s an update. Hopefully, this speeds up a pickup process so we can get to the series stage sooner.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had no idea he was working on a show with Disney

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Late to the party but just caught up on my DVR and GOD drat was Over the Garden Wall really loving good.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
This is not actually bad news, because it has no bearing on whether the show will be picked up. It's just not getting a fully-made pilot, which is actually a pretty sensible cost-cutting measure.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mimir posted:

This is not actually bad news, because it has no bearing on whether the show will be picked up. It's just not getting a fully-made pilot, which is actually a pretty sensible cost-cutting measure.

Especially if it ends up like Gravity Falls or Stephen Universe where they change the art style from pilot to series and the pilot is relegated to a :filez: oddity.

Manofmanusernames
Jul 27, 2012

Jackass.
Any body remember this gem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRwJvOm395E

Yeah I don't remember it that well either. I think it kinda suck but I enjoyed as a kid cause I didn't have adult critical thinking yet.

The one thing I do remeber about this show, and why I'm making this post to share with you guyz, is that it had a character on it with an rear end for a face. That's right, a guy with an rear end for a face. And he had a french accent. He only appeared for a handful of episodes be for fox was flooded with complaints. They had to remove him from the show.

That factoid is totally hilarious and I needed to share it with everybody.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Yeah, assface was supposed to be a character in the original Kinnikuman. They also had him in the GameCube game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just watch this