Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Nordic day? So you'll be using Space Wolves...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Yeah...reeeally want to get this, but I have Book 3 to get as well, the red books just for completeness...plus not enough spare cash available to drop £100 on a book series I've just spent £200 on. Oh, and the models, too (although I'm going to go the cheap route and get mostly plastic bits and just a few FW bits).

I can't afford this one now, I'm gonna have to hope there's a special LE 3 pack when the 6th book comes out like they did for the first set, and that I'll be able to afford it then.

Probably for the best, I mean what would I really do with that great poster anyway :smith:

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

krushgroove posted:

Nordic day? So you'll be using Space Wolves...?

I do wish i had some space wolves, sadly our only space wolves player moved away :(

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Frobbe posted:

I do wish i had some space wolves, sadly our only space wolves player moved away :(

FROB or 2MD? (or EP, but I doubt that.)

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

DJ Dizzy posted:

FROB or 2MD? (or EP, but I doubt that.)

Neither of those are close to me, i'm in Sønderborg :) also FROB bears no relation to my nickname at all.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Has anyone seen a list that is mostly thunderwolves? That seems like something simple but fun to play. I have been messing around with ideas just to keep me in 40k. I just don't know what I want to do next after playing demons so drat long.

I tried to fit in my IG crap I was messing around with, what do you guys think:

I didn't have my codex on my phone yet for wolves, so I have 110pt for the HQ as it stands, but meltabombs and crap can shift, I can even kill all 60pt of combat stuff off the blob if I need to I suppose, I doubt much would get past 20 thunderwolves.

Also, should I model them as juggernauts? Thunder-Horses? I remember those looking bad rear end but I worry they are too small now a'days with the official models out.

A guy in my store is using a million wolfguard battle leaders with fists on wolves, each with the two wolves wargear options, attached to a space marine command squad with an apothecary. I call it the ocean of strength 10. He does like 25 S10 swings on the first round of combat. He then voltrons for objectives at the end of the game. It's pretty good.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Outside of grabbing the bits from a Baal Predator or a Crusader, what's the best method for converting up a TLAC for a Razorback? The Forge World kit is just too much hassle and expense.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

PantsOptional posted:

Outside of grabbing the bits from a Baal Predator or a Crusader, what's the best method for converting up a TLAC for a Razorback? The Forge World kit is just too much hassle and expense.
You could cut off the barrels of the heavy bolters and the assault cannons from the Ravenwing sprue and do something funky with that.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Naramyth posted:

A guy in my store is using a million wolfguard battle leaders with fists on wolves, each with the two wolves wargear options, attached to a space marine command squad with an apothecary. I call it the ocean of strength 10. He does like 25 S10 swings on the first round of combat. He then voltrons for objectives at the end of the game. It's pretty good.

I was wrong about my detachment anyway. I assumed thunderwolves were elites. They are still fast attack. That all calv gimmick works if you take the minimum two Ironpriests as your two elites, and are capped at 3 fast attack for normal squads. I'll mess around with it. I do have 5 spare juggernauts so maybe quality over quantity is best for me anyway.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I was wrong about my detachment anyway. I assumed thunderwolves were elites. They are still fast attack. That all calv gimmick works if you take the minimum two Ironpriests as your two elites, and are capped at 3 fast attack for normal squads. I'll mess around with it. I do have 5 spare juggernauts so maybe quality over quantity is best for me anyway.

Word. He also does the iron priest trick and all the battle leader dudes can have a 2+/3++ so they can tank a ton of shots and LOS the rest. It's like a fast version of old school draigowing.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
There was a dude at the tournament I went to that had a Land Raider Spartan with an Iron Priest and three Servitors inside it. I don't think it died all day.

And today on All my Neophytes I don't have any proper batreps, but I do have more pictures!

This game was with my buddy and his retro Marines/Grey Knights, and was a really fun and close game:

This was from the last game, and here are my Guardsmen seconds before being erased from the table:

And this is the play of the day I was proud of: I'd hidden this platoon command squad with their melta guns behind this random piece of terrain. When my opponent brought his Riptide too close, they jumped out, used the order to shoot and run, vaporized the Riptide and went back into hiding! Being sneaky was the only way I would stay in that game.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Why is it only now that my local GW store closes that I want to kick the door in and buy every drat thing they'd sell. :sigh:

Time to online-order some magazines in tyool2014 I guess.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
It's kind of weird to see Zoans rocking Warrior-style head plates.
Feels like GW is trying to consolidate Tyranids into two design types, Gaunts & Warriors.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

This is my new favourite thing.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Awesome models but please clean your lens!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

ijyt posted:

The grease makes them look so young and pretty though :j:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

ijyt posted:

It's just my phone camera, I try and wipe the lens off with my shirt or whatever every time I take a picture but it just kinda gets greasy on its own. I'll bring my actual camera next time!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Soft focus makes everything better.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
40k looks cooler and sounds cooler in German.

Kabalenkrieger-Trupp
10 Kabalenkrieger
- 1 x Splitterkanone
+ Upgrade zum Sybarite
- Splittergewehr
+ Raider
- Schattenlanze
- Nachtfeld
- Splitterwaffen-Vorrat
- - - > 195 Punkte

Kabalenkrieger-Trupp
10 Kabalenkrieger
- 1 x Splitterkanone
+ Upgrade zum Sybarite
- Splittergewehr
+ Raider
- Schattenlanze
- Nachtfeld
- Splitterwaffen-Vorrat
- - - > 195 Punkte

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Great pictures!

Is it just me or is Magister Sevrin Loth completely broken? 175 pts (so 10 points more than Tigurius), and he can pick his powers from Bio/Telekin/Pyro, and he can use a single warp charge to boost his save to 2++ (so basically thats a no loving brainer). He also gives his unit counter attack.

Stick him with a melee squad, pick endurance, warp speed + enfeeble, and just loving troll your opponent. Combine with a rad grenade inquisitor to make MEQ toughness 2, and GEQ toughness 1. Complete loving insanity.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/C/Charcterupdate.pdf

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

This is awesome, is there any pics of the inside?

E: more fun angry people
"loving GW.... Give me new Blood Angels already.... "Shield of baal" is huge in 1st company BA fluff and they are using it to push more nids.... Money grubbing asshats... Yes I'm bitter. Lol"

"Oh I'm sure they'll fit them in to this campaign, just irritated that they aren't first.... Outdated codex and overcosted models is killing me, and this was a perfect opportunity to push new BA early."

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 10, 2014

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.

SRM posted:

How do people do bike armies? I'm painting a squad for my Ultras and painting these things makes me want to kill myself. I can paint I Love My Bolter Marines all day, I can paint Rogue Trader melty faced dudes, I can paint Space Hulk 1st edition Terminators, and I can paint modern blinged-out models with no problem. Something about these drat things, even with the riders painted separately, is a miserable chore to paint.

I just did my first bike and was really happy with the outcome. It wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. It was a Chaos bike out of the box, but I assume it's very similar to the standard SM bikes out of the box. It is also for my Slaneesh bike unit.

I put it together, primed it black and left it off the base so I could get all around it and in the nooks and crannies. I then did a heavy dry brush using an old bottle of Polly's color called oxidized aluminum on everything but the seat. Oxidized aluminum is a bit shiner and a little smoother than Lead Belcher, but Lead Belcher would probably have the same effect. I then put a base coat of Rakarth Flesh on the seat, as the Chaos bike looks like the seat is made from skin because they couldn't make it look like it was entirely composed of skulls. I then washed the tank and front armor in the old GW violet ink keeping it off the various chaos insignia. I then did a layer of Led Belcher on the handle bars, armor edges, hubcaps, engine and tail pipe. After that I picked out the insignia in gold and the scary skull in Rakarth Flesh and Screaming Skull. I painted the monitor green with a yellow grid and little red dots on it, so it looked like an 80's video game. There were a few more buttons on the controls that picked out in red and blue. I washed the engine, tail pipes, hub caps and tires in nuln oil making sure to darken the tires more. I then based it using the GW texture Devlan Mud which i splattered on the wheel wells, front of the bike and tires. That was pretty much it. Nothing fancy, for sure, but it ended up looking really good for a short time.

I feel weird telling somebody with your skills what i did to paint, but I couldn't resist the opportunity!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Hencoe posted:

This is awesome, is there any pics of the inside?

E: more fun angry people
"loving GW.... Give me new Blood Angels already.... "Shield of baal" is huge in 1st company BA fluff and they are using it to push more nids.... Money grubbing asshats... Yes I'm bitter. Lol"

"Oh I'm sure they'll fit them in to this campaign, just irritated that they aren't first.... Outdated codex and overcosted models is killing me, and this was a perfect opportunity to push new BA early."

Ok, I think the :qq: is my favourite part of the hobby.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
New Broodlord model coming at some point. (In the Shield of Baal box?)

Not that there's any reason to field one.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Mango Polo posted:

Pretty sure thats the broodlord from Space Hulk.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lord Thrust posted:

I just did my first bike and was really happy with the outcome. It wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. It was a Chaos bike out of the box, but I assume it's very similar to the standard SM bikes out of the box. It is also for my Slaneesh bike unit.

Hey, happy to hear your process! At this point I think I'd just really like to see what your bike looks like. I just did the blue on this set of bikes and that wasn't bad since it was basically all flat surfaces, but I'm gonna be relieved when this squad is done.

Tequila Ranger posted:

Pretty sure thats the broodlord from Space Hulk.
It's very similar, but it's different:

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Yeah, looks like it's built off the original sculpt. They both look pretty sweet to me.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Yup. Slightly different hunched-over pose, spiny head crest thingy, new base. Probably more but whatever, it's definitely a new one.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
It's also probably a more complex construction since Space Hulk was made to be snap-fit friendly. I'll take a Broodlord that looks like the Space Hulk one over the old sweater vest gimme-a-hug Broodlord any day:

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Hell yeah dropping 6 Zoans in a single pod

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I liked the neruothrope better before this picture showed it was just a zoanthrope with a lightning rod strapped to its back. I was hoping its head would be unique while the zoanthropes kept the head from the metal/resin ones. That doesn't make this a bad kit, I just prefer the look of my metals. I will probably still wind up buying the kit for the venomthropes though.

Mango Polo posted:

I really like my broodlord and even run two sometimes. The Horror is a pretty useful power and they're complete murder in challenges. Aaaand I've just outed myself as a person that uses genestealers. :saddowns:

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Nah, genestealers are neat. Especially broodlords. They always look like they're calmly, politely, and articulately explaining how and why they're about to horribly murder you.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Genestealers are pretty cool, I just need to find the motivation to paint 22 of them.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
You don't paint Stealers, you just group them according to which colour plastic they are.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Lord Twisted posted:

Great pictures!

Is it just me or is Magister Sevrin Loth completely broken? 175 pts (so 10 points more than Tigurius), and he can pick his powers from Bio/Telekin/Pyro, and he can use a single warp charge to boost his save to 2++ (so basically thats a no loving brainer). He also gives his unit counter attack.

Stick him with a melee squad, pick endurance, warp speed + enfeeble, and just loving troll your opponent. Combine with a rad grenade inquisitor to make MEQ toughness 2, and GEQ toughness 1. Complete loving insanity.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/C/Charcterupdate.pdf

I assumed since all of the downloads for Forgeworld reference 6th edition that they were pretty much obsolete at this point. Do people still run the Biker boss who lets you take Ork warbikers as troops even though that is most definitely not a thing anymore?

BTW would really love Forgeworld to update their FAQS to 7th edition. New Ork codex has been out for months and the Dreadmob list still references the old one.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
God drat those are good. I'll probably run two tyrannocites full of them.

I'm going to keep running my current list through Renegade, but once that's over I'm gonna go nuts with new stuff.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
And the Venomthropes. Love the updated look.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I do wish venomthropes were independant characters. On their own they're just so fragile. If I'm allowed a Malanthrope there's no reason at all to take a venomthrope. But if I could embed one, they'd be amazing. Same with warriors. (Or repoint the prime to something reasonable. )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
The Neurothrope counts as a model for the number of warp lance shots as well. That's huge.

• Locked thread