Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ashgromnies posted:

caring is fine but why on earth would you care about a handful of social rejects and mental invalids on a terrible citation-free wannabe wikipedia?

at least ulillillia is not a murder fetishist weirdo gently caress and has a narrative to his life that ppl can be interested in; the tvtropes stuff is mostly just annoying bleating of OHHHH MY GODDDD I CANT BELIEEEEVE THEY POOOOOSTED THIIIIIIS YOU GUYYYYYYS. really? the same people have been posting the same poo poo for years. it's not even funny. like that "fluffy" poo poo someone posted a bit ago. do you find that amusing? i just find it creepy and now im gonna take a shower and not think about it any more because it's worthless and unimportant to the world. it's like five idiots on tvtropes doing this poo poo. who cares.

direct your caremad towards better endeavors. i am the spectre of your past, showing u the time u have wasted in mindless care.

you sound like you care about this matter :mrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

ashgromnies posted:

it's more a fact that there are too many paragraphs of unfunny, pearl-clutching, butthurt care in the thread

HAVE YOU SEEEEEN WHATS ON THE TVTROPES? BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!?! OBAMA SHOULD BOMB THEM

shouldnt you be voluminously careposting in defense of '''''tech culture'' in gbs right now

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

caring is against the rules that's why i fdsafsdljafsdlk;jfasd;lkasfdkjadfsjkjkldfsaljkljkadssajl;l;afsd

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I miss when this thread was just making fun of creeps on tvtropes instead of arguing about who cares less or who's being more ironic or whatever the gently caress.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I kept imagining that those posts were parodies of stereotypical goon :byodood:ing at Bad Other Websites (especially with that username), but it's obvious now that I was wrong. Please shut up, Screaming Idiot.

Also, I heard that TV Tropes is bad and dumb. Can somebody confirm this?

Don't you understand? All is lost, all is lost, the :tvtropes: has won and the human race is corrupt. Burn it all, burn it all, and let the cleansing rain wash away the ashes of our failed and decadent society. Should a just and loving power watch over this wretched globe I cannot conceive of it; His caring hand is absent, His mercy is lacking, and His influence is weak.

No, these are pretty much parody posts. Don't tell anyone, I might get in trouble for thinking a bunch of pedophiles masturbating to cartoon horses isn't the literal end of the world! :ssh:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

CodfishCartographer posted:

I miss when this thread was just making fun of creeps on tvtropes instead of arguing about who cares less or who's being more ironic or whatever the gently caress.

I am confident enough in my e-peen to admit that I care a lot about dumb websites for creeps :smuggo:

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Correct Posting For SomethingAwful.com Members states that you may only post "Look at what this loving [subject] posted" or "Destroy [subject], salt the earth" if [subject] is a forums.somethingawful.com member, mod or subforum, otherwise it is careposting which is verboten as per paragraf §fart of the EULA.

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.
Been a while since I read the TV Tropes thread, last time I checked in was after the people elected to get rid of all the creepy poo poo were banned for getting rid of creepy poo poo. Any highlights since then?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Doctor Soup posted:

Been a while since I read the TV Tropes thread, last time I checked in was after the people elected to get rid of all the creepy poo poo were banned for getting rid of creepy poo poo. Any highlights since then?

Have you been inducted into the beautiful gospel of Dozerfleet and his Stationery Voyagers?

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Mostly just Dozerfleet and a looot of dumb Troper nonsense.

Speaking of this is one of the "Trending Characters"

quote:

Liquidon Ethereteel is a character in Stationery Voyagers. He is based on the 2000 model year Gillette™ Liquid Paper™ Pen.

Biography

was a martial arts student in the school of Mikloche, where he gained powers of flight and teleportation. Also aspiring to be a doctor, Li and his brother Liquimo would spend entire weeks visiting villages and helping out the sick and needy; often spending their breaks by sparring in the hillsides.

When early wind caught on of the Voyager program, Liquidon immediately took an interest. He wanted to be a medic aboard whatever vessel would help Stato and Verinthia as nations to make more allies.
LiquidonSimvatar

Liquidon's Mantithian form

Things took a turn for ugly when Astrabolo and Astriliad, twin figureheads of the Yehtzig Pirate League, invaded the hillside and began scouting. Astriliad very quickly got himself into trouble, leading to him sparring with Liquimo. He very nearly sent Liquimo falling off a cliff to his death— but then Liquidon in a split-second maneuver caught Astriliad off guard! As the cruel pirate lord fell to his demise, his brother Astrabolo flew into a rage!

Astrabolo retreated, only to begin a relentless campaign to bring about genocide one way or another against the entire Whiteout species! Liquidon now carries the burden of guilt over his role in Astrabolo's ambitions, as he seeks to make things right while aiding the Voyagers in their missions.

As a Whiteout and a practitioner of Mikloche, Liquidon is the most powerful member of the team. By season 3, his powers include flight, teleportation, seismic burst, rapid momentum transfer, rapid shockwave generation, enhanced telekinesis, super speed, super strength, and enhanced bio-luminance. His power is considered dangerous, as he gives off large amounts of ultraviolet radiation whenever he uses it. Possible dangers of overuse include brain damage, Glowmatti suicide, inflicting friends with cancer, or simply turning into a nuclear bomb and destroying an entire city.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
There was also Fluffy Pony, but we don't talk about Fluffy Pony.

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

Those names. :allears:

Also:

quote:

By season 3
I had completely forgotten about the troper habit of compiling thousands of words of 'canon' for stories they will never even begin to write.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
All these lowercase posters in this thread are triggering me.

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal
i look out to the sky and lo there is a ring of light and I have been undone once again by the untagged goatse

not the hero we want, but the hero we deserve

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

CodfishCartographer posted:

holy lol i looked back and people are still making fun of the exact same people the original threads were making fun of, several years ago

goddamn

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Baracula posted:

shouldnt you be voluminously careposting in defense of '''''tech culture'' in gbs right now

techies contribute things to society and the world, tvtropes and tvtropes flamers do not

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Tvtropes is funny for the same reason the Fplus and ThisTroper are, people writing terrible poo poo without irony and not understanding why it's terrible, and often thinking they are the best at whatever they are writing about.

Dunning-Kruger is the best kind of Kruger

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
tvtropes and its haters are a whirling vortex of fail-AIDS circling the toilet of human intellect

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ashgromnies posted:

tvtropes and its haters are a whirling vortex of fail-AIDS circling the toilet of human intellect

lol

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
i barely agree with anything you say ashgromnies but i am beginning to like that you at least say what you think and take people to task over it.

that's the only thing i ever like about anyone actually come to think of it. there's plenty of other positive qualities out there in the world probably but they don't interest me for some reason.

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

quote:

Sodality: Battle for Metheel is a shelved video game premise base taking place in the Gerosha Gaming Universe, a sub-continuity based off of the Cataclysmic Gerosha universe in the Gerosha multiverse making up The Gerosha Chronicles of Dozerfleet Comics. It takes place some time shortly after the fourth season of the TV series pitch Sodality
Jesus, it's layers and layers of non-existent stories built on other non-existent stories.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

ashgromnies posted:

caring is fine but why on earth would you care about a handful of social rejects and mental invalids on a terrible citation-free wannabe wikipedia?
If someone cares about TV Tropes, they're doing it wrong. This is a mock thread; the point is that the people on that site are really goddamn stupid and, consequentially, really goddamn funny.

I mean, laughing at poo poo like this or this is one of main points of Something Awful in the first place. Ideally, this thread is a 24/7 Weekend Web.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

lol jesus christ

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Doctor Soup posted:

Jesus, it's layers and layers of non-existent stories built on other non-existent stories.
Wait, are you just discovering the magic of Dozerfleet? You don't half know what you're in for. :allears:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

ashgromnies posted:

techies contribute things to society and the world, tvtropes and tvtropes flamers do not

they are in fact both bad and awful

e: like sausage factories

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Wait, are you just discovering the magic of Dozerfleet? You don't half know what you're in for. :allears:

jesus gently caress it's like I stumbled into a modern version of a Geocities page

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

amuayse posted:

jesus gently caress it's like I stumbled into a modern version of a Geocities page

Seriously you have no idea how deep this rabbit hole goes. The 90s wish it could spawn something as wonderfully crazy as Dozerfleet.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Don Gato posted:

Seriously you have no idea how deep this rabbit hole goes. The 90s wish it could spawn something as wonderfully crazy as Dozerfleet.

I mean I've seen the LSD fueled crayon scribbles of Nava-Verse, and I kinda can understand it from a Chris-chan like perspective. But this Dozerfleet...It transcends that sort of autism, with over 3 million words detailing the various kinds of fake TV shows, video games, and movies that this fictional franchise has, complete with lovely and insane Second Life art.
I don't even feel any sort of humor in this, I just feel my brain melting.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What trope pages are funnier? The ones that are written arrogantly and condescending, or the ones where the tropers treat the concept like some bizarre alien artifact?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

amuayse posted:

I mean I've seen the LSD fueled crayon scribbles of Nava-Verse, and I kinda can understand it from a Chris-chan like perspective. But this Dozerfleet...It transcends that sort of autism, with over 3 million words detailing the various kinds of fake TV shows, video games, and movies that this fictional franchise has, complete with lovely and insane Second Life art.
I don't even feel any sort of humor in this, I just feel my brain melting.

The pun of 'Stationary Voyagers' is a sublime masterpiece of wordplay though

It works on so many levels two of them!

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Dozerfleet is loving :black101: pens and highlighters raping and beheading their alternative timeline selves or some poo poo, it's not for those with weak constitutions.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Dozerfleet guy just needs to change some tenses and he'd have actually written most of his stories. His summaries are basically as long as the things they're supposed to describe.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Dozerfleet is loving :black101: pens and highlighters raping and beheading their alternative timeline selves or some poo poo, it's not for those with weak constitutions.

They also rape and behead The Gay Agenda.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Arcsquad12 posted:

What trope pages are funnier? The ones that are written arrogantly and condescending, or the ones where the tropers treat the concept like some bizarre alien artifact?

Certainly the latter. Tropers are at their most hilarious when they just don't understand something at all such as human interactions.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think we need to repost some of the gems we came across last time we came across Dozerfleet in this thread:

The plot summary of Stationery Voyagers:

quote:

Utah (merged with California,) Japan, and Ukraine are all that's left of the free world. Spain is an empire. [[TheWarOnTerror Pakistan]] has nearly taken over the world, but Spain wants to stop Pakistan dead in its tracks before any more innocent lives are lost. Already, Ukraine is performing kamikaze missions. It's up to Utah to convince Japan to join forces in an alliance before they're all annexed to Spain. So they send a team of diplomats to Seattle to assess the damage there, and they're nearly wiped out by a SerialKiller who has an entire library full of {{Freudian Excuse}}s.

They finally make it to Japan, only to battle ThePlague being spread in schools because Planned Parenthood defected to Pakistan. They escape from that debacle and find themselves trapped in Springfield, which has been renamed [[WretchedHive New Gomorrah]] because DepravedHomosexual mobs and angels dressed like Stormtroopers are [[DeathWorld battling each other to the death]].

And one of the diplomats begins dating a Bulgarian vampire. Suddenly, we discover that Iran has been taken over by Jared Loughner in a bobcat suit. He's renamed it [[StupidEvil New Amalek]], and only Pakistan agrees to be [[OmnicidalNeutral neutral]]. Spain and Utah join forces with Japan to defeat their common enemy in [[ApocalypseHitler Bobcat Loughner's]] nation of evil. Then the Spanish empire collapses. Utah and Japan are left to their own device to deal with Pakistan.

And ExtyYearsFromNow, Utah residents are forced to move to Spain when Pakistan drops TheDeadliestMushroom on Salt Lake City. Then, it's up to treasure hunters to make sure Pakistan doesn't find the blueprints to make a DeathRay.

His penetrating insights into modern politics:

quote:

It's obvious: Obama wants to rebuild the Ottoman Empire. He wants Kenya to be annexed to said rebuilt empire. Everything he does is about rebuilding the Ottoman Empire - with the most corrupt of the corrupt bands responsible for its original downfall to be put in charge. It's petty revenge by that faction for not being allowed to have total control of the empire a century ago. Blaming those Muslims who were not interested in being controlled by the Brotherhood for the empire falling apart when it was really the Brotherhood's fault all along.

The Brotherhood is trying to once again shift the blame for something they did wrong over a century ago. And this rebuilding effort is little more than them seeking validation of what their ancestors did over a century ago. They cannot tolerate history judging them and deeming them unfit for rule because they backed Kaiser Wilhelm.

A unique perspective on the history leading up to Hobby Lobby:

quote:

The Church of the Apostates wasted precious little time in helping Secular Humanist enemies of the Invisible Church to identify and target any and all opposition to the State and its wicked agenda. Homosexual Marxist radicals, Jihadists, and every other shade of evil imaginable, descended upon said Invisible Church in lawless fury, knowing the State would make excuses for their abuses at every turn. This happened in near-identical fashion to what happened in Germany in the 1930s and 1940s, yet happened on American soil.

Perverting the Two Jurisdictions into the Two "Kingdoms," Hitler employed the word "kingdoms," far too open to theocratic misinterpretation and therefore a word that Martin Luther refused to use in his writings; and Hitler used it to create his own Church of the Apostates. The church institutions that sold out to Hitler were merciless, paying lip service to God on Sunday while aiding and abetting the state in exterminating Jews on Monday. One of the only churches in Nazi Germany that refused to cave in was the Church of the Lutheran Confession, a forgotten and unsung hero of WWII. Obama decided to rekindle some of that spirit with his own minions.

After the Marquis de Sade was executed, his disciples decided to employ his propaganda. Anyone who opposed their barbaric cruelty towards their murder and rape victims was accused of being an "irrational bigot" for opposing brutal rape and murder. These followers of de Sade, the Sadeans, became the origin of the terms "sadism" and "sadistic." The original Sadeans eventually moved from France to Germany, becoming a core component of the Nazi Party. The Pink Swastika consisted of manly gays mostly. They would target more effeminate gays for execution, not only as a way of establishing dominance, but also as a way of eliminating those they felt were Stalin sympathizers. This would later get twisted by American academia as all gays having been "victims" in WWII, so as to fool gullible students into not exploring the real history of militant homosexuals' love of tyranny.

Hitler employed the Pink Swastika for many missions, noting they were willing to deal out to those on Hitler's hit list a brutality that could not be asked of just any Nazi soldier. The Pink Swastika therefore became one of Hitler's personal goon squads, sent out for missions not even the SS and Gestapo dared attempt due to the horrifying nature of given commands.

After WWII, the Pink Swastika invaded the US. In order to take advantage of the myths being propagated by Alfred Kinsey and his diabolical minions, they decided to scrap their true name in favor of more benevolent-sounding names. From there, they'd campaign to give themselves an illusion of cultural legitimacy. They capitalized on the black civil rights movement, and tried to paint their ruthless aggressors as "victims" of "oppression." After several decades, US media fell for it, and began expanding the myth. The Pink Swastika became two organizations: GLSEN and NAMBLA, only pretending not to be one and the same. From there, they spawned countless satellites and fronts, such as GLAAD, and became the LGBT Mafia, or "Crooked Rainbow," that they are today.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
The origin of the term "dozerfleet" is a delightfully epic sidequest in and of itself. hosed if I remember the particulars, other than It involves a literal fleet of bulldozers piloted by Freemen in defiance of the NWO or some poo poo.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Literally Kermit posted:

The origin of the term "dozerfleet" is a delightfully epic sidequest in and of itself. hosed if I remember the particulars, other than It involves a literal fleet of bulldozers piloted by Freemen in defiance of the NWO or some poo poo.

I heard another interpretation where he got the nickname "bulldozer" for being an unstoppable fat force of nature that ran over little kids at the local skating rink.

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal
The fplus has a really good dozerfleet episode if anyone wants a greatest hits summary as narrated by people who are just as confused about him as we are.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
In the Dozerfleet founder's own words:

quote:

After much deliberation of thought, the Dozerfleet founder allowed Dozerfleet Productions to gain its current name.

He had a vision of a story, one that would become known as Ride of the Three Bulldozers. In it, Ivan is chased out of his village when socialist infiltrators decide to create chaos within the region. But since nobody in the town is particularly rich or poor to begin with, wealth is pretty much already evenly distributed. Frustrated, the infiltrators began slaughtering at random, then seized control. Because even if there already was equality in the village, it meant nothing to the infiltrators unless there was also central control - with themselves as the central planners. That the town became what it was through the exact opposite of central planning was unacceptable to them. And they knew more than anything that Ivan's refusal to bow to their whims made his thought process too Western - so they had him exiled. But as tyranny spread, the infiltrators began to alienate the town. A counter-revolution was underway. Ivan was originally a friend of various birds, yet even they turned on him. His thoughts became industrial, and he eventually hijacked a nearby construction vehicle storage bay. From there, he helped organize a counter-revolution when the allies he acquired agreed to use the stolen construction vehicles as tanks. The fleet would clear a path for freedom from the Central Planners, and clear a path so that lovers of liberty could take back their freedoms.

One evening, the Central Planners began a scorched-earth policy to protect themselves as their power waned. They returned to slaughtering masses, as they'd always done. But their troops soon had to deal with an unruly populace that rose up. Next they knew, three bulldozers entered the main road, with infantry following close behind. Behind that were more vehicles, being used as tanks. The Central Planners were soon hunted down, and the town freed. The three main bulldozers, or dozer fleet, became symbolic to the town of the price of freedom. Ivan was never seen again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics

Cucking Mama posted:

what do you guys have against tv tropes?

• Locked thread