Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Torquemadras posted:

I didn't mean the people, I meant the diseases... As in, Rina's disease had the origami thing, but the disease in present day only has the stone skin. I'm not sure why that detail is different!

Because Araki, come on dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

hoobajoo posted:

Don't forget we never got THE RETURN OF SANTANA, because Stands became the hotness. Though I like to think it's because the Speedwagon foundation is actually dramatically more competent than any other supernatural research group in any other fiction.

I like to imagine that Joseph either killed him after Battle Tendency, or Jotaro killed him sometime after becoming a full on Speedwagon Foundation member.

I can just imagine Santana talking poo poo about how primitive Jotaro is and then getting a thousand fists to the face that he can't even see. :allears:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The real question is how that random traveler who got his neck speared on a telephone pole hook was able to see Thoth

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

The real question is how that random traveler who got his neck speared on a telephone pole hook was able to see Thoth

That's not so odd. Some Stands are visible to other people when they're bound to objects, like Anne being able to see Strength or Wheel of Fortune.

It does make me wonder if a normal person could see Emperor, though.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I like to imagine that Joseph either killed him after Battle Tendency, or Jotaro killed him sometime after becoming a full on Speedwagon Foundation member.

I can just imagine Santana talking poo poo about how primitive Jotaro is and then getting a thousand fists to the face that he can't even see. :allears:
I like to think Lisa Lisa just swung by and handled it because Lisa Lisa got pretty jobbed-out in part 2.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That's not so odd. Some Stands are visible to other people when they're bound to objects, like Anne being able to see Strength or Wheel of Fortune.

Nah, Hol Horse tried pulling Emperor out on random dudes in Egypt to threaten them, but Boingo/Mondatta pointed out that they couldn't see it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Literally The Worst posted:

Gohan actually prefers to dress like Piccolo because the alien who tries to conquer the planet is a better dad to him.

It's weird. He dresses like Piccolo for, like, most of the series, then starts dressing like Goku during the Buu Arc.

Maybe he felt guilty about getting him killed by Cell.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

All normal people see if Hol Horse making gun hands

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's weird. He dresses like Piccolo for, like, most of the series, then starts dressing like Goku during the Buu Arc.

Maybe he felt guilty about getting him killed by Cell.

Maybe to him it was a way of feeling closer to his dad.

Even though there's basically 0 reason they couldn't communicate telepathically by way of King Kai.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Torquemadras posted:

- Erina didn't escape in DIO's coffin
- Giorno never comes to Florida

Erina still did escape, he just decided to make it that DIO somehow escaped into the coffin's second compartment first.
Also, Giorno was hinted to be in Florida but never made it to Cape Canaveral in time. I think that was less a dropped plot point and more Araki saying "yeah I know he should be here but I don't want to put him in the story, so he's off screen somewhere"

Also he's said that Part 4 technically isn't "over" and that he'd like to continue drawing it if he ever got the chance, so there's still the possibility of Josuke going back in time. Crazy Part 4 stuff is still going on while the other parts are too.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Erina still did escape, he just decided to make it that DIO somehow escaped into the coffin's second compartment first.
Also, Giorno was hinted to be in Florida but never made it to Cape Canaveral in time. I think that was less a dropped plot point and more Araki saying "yeah I know he should be here but I don't want to put him in the story, so he's off screen somewhere"

Also he's said that Part 4 technically isn't "over" and that he'd like to continue drawing it if he ever got the chance, so there's still the possibility of Josuke going back in time. Crazy Part 4 stuff is still going on while the other parts are too.

I figured Jojolion is kind of his way to go back to Morioh and also write fresh, new stuff.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I dunno about you guys, but I'm glad everything in JoJolion always comes back to dicks.

And now they're about to go search for a dick in the ocean.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I thought that this was exactly what the Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe stuff was for

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

JoJolion posted:

The dick is extremely important.

Araki, never stop writing. :allears:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Did we ever find out who that guy was?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

FirstAidKite posted:

Did we ever find out who that guy was?

Not yet, but there's a ton of mystery left to unravel.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Welp, I just caught up with all of JoJo. That was a fun six months. Now what do I do with my life?

Also, I'm really glad the beetle fighting is one of the most intense moments in the series.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Here, have some OVA storyboards.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

These are the best 4koma I've ever read.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I see ONE had a job doing storyboards before doing 100 Mob Psycho and One-Punch Man

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
This must be the work of a stand user.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How'd he pull that pose off IRL?

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I want to quote the wall of man rear end and just write "agreed" but I'm on mobile and my phone refuses to scroll all the way down. Can someone else please do this for me? Thanks.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure - I want to quote the wall of man rear end.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

You're trapped inside the attack of 「Butthole Surfer」!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

From the Bluray/DVDs

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This doesn't look too bad.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Censoring Jotaro's cigarette in the D'Arby fight is gonna look so lovely :smith:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'll be considerably happier if the broadcast version was animated so that Jotaro had a lollipop or something instead of a cigarette and the BD/DVD had a cigarette.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
JJBA Abridged Episode 4 came out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJKFK27sOXQ

You probably won't enjoy this to its fullest unless you're a pro wrestling fan, and even then, some of the jokes fall flat. It's still got some really good bits that aren't about pro wrestling.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Supersonic Shine posted:

You probably won't enjoy this to its fullest unless you're a pro wrestling fan, and even then, some of the jokes fall flat. It's still got some really good bits that aren't about pro wrestling.

How is one a fan of anime and not of pro wrestling?

How is one a fan of JJBA and not of pro wrestling?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

I'll be considerably happier if the broadcast version was animated so that Jotaro had a lollipop or something instead of a cigarette and the BD/DVD had a cigarette.

Could you imagine a 4Kids version of JJBA? :allears:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Someone already did. :allears:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Could you imagine a 4Kids version of JJBA? :allears:

Yo his name's Speedweed, he's just like a gentleman.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
After getting shot by tranquilizer darts by the police, Dio puts on the stone mask which causes really bad headaches. He can't go out in the sun because it makes his headaches worse. He then proceeds to make an entire town sick and is then pushed really hard on his behind by Jonathan. Jonathan and Erina get married and live happily ever after. Their ship explodes for some reason, but everyone escapes safely. Jonathan must then leave on an archaeological trip and that is the last we see of him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Supersonic Shine posted:

I don't think this was very good at all, really. It seemed like he didn't have many ideas for good jokes so just busted out as many as he could and hoped some would land. Most of the other ones he's done are great though, so I'd assume it's just an off-day.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

This is a pretty cool shot.

JoJo had a good amount of horror traits when it started, and while it never really lost them, it's cool to see them come back every so often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivbScLOyI6s

• Locked thread