Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

euroboy posted:

A bit hard to understand how we stayed up, we've been garbage most of the season. Today was horrible, surely it can't get any worse against Viking next week. I can't wait for it all to end, I've had enough.

Hey now, you did stay up, some positivity is in order. I mean, just imagine you were supporting Brann or Sandnes Ulf and you'll cheer right up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Not even the mighty Chiqui could save Sandnes Ulf, RIP.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Oh Brann, why can't you do anything right? I'm not asking for much. Just get relegated.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

azathosk posted:

Oh Brann, why can't you do anything right? I'm not asking for much. Just get relegated.

I think you'll find that it's for the best for the league that we stay up and furthermore, I hate your team and hope you get bankrupt :)

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

Puseklepp posted:

I think you'll find that it's for the best for the league that we stay up
Why?

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

I see people argue that the big clubs (RBK, VIF, Brann, Viking) need to be in the league both to maintain interest and quality of the league. But I was really being facetious, I want both RBK and VIF down cause I dislike them and realize a lot of people feel the same for us.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Puseklepp posted:

I think you'll find that it's for the best for the league that we stay up and furthermore, I hate your team and hope you get bankrupt :)

I really REALLY hate it when people say "I hope <team> doesn't get relegated. It would be bad for the league." gently caress that, I want RBK, LSK and Brann down one division. Not for the unforseen future, but one season would be nice.

"Bad for the league" ... pfft. It's bad for the league to have alot of teams underachieving and loving up the economy.

In other news: On the 12th of November NFF/NTF will reveal the report that Hypercube made and tell us how the Tippeliga will look like in a few years. My guess is 10 teams, three ordinary rounds, one round with a split and possibly a playoff. Just to mess with our heads.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Puseklepp posted:

I see people argue that the big clubs (RBK, VIF, Brann, Viking) need to be in the league both to maintain interest and quality of the league. But I was really being facetious, I want both RBK and VIF down cause I dislike them and realize a lot of people feel the same for us.

Viking are only a big club by legacy these days. We're poo poo, poor and poo poo.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

TheRat posted:

Viking are only a big club by legacy these days. We're poo poo, poor and poo poo.

All the big clubs are complete poo poo, except for RBK, who are just relatively poo poo.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
No good teams to be fair, just degrees of shittyness :v:

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Well I certainly see the point being made about having big cities represented in the top flight, it's where you'll likely find most fans. And with the distances we have in Norway it's a lot easier to create rivalries between big cities. When you get 7 people from Sarpsborg showing up at Lerkendal you almost feel bad for them. VIF and Brann always make a bit of a ruckus when they're in town.

But if you play like poo poo and get relegated you can blame yourself for that and have fun in the league formerly known as Adecco.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Seems like we're going to struggle to stay up next year unless we get a lot of money for Badou and Sane. The board are very serious about not spending money they don't have so it's likely we'll rather go down before spending anything substantial on players. The positive thing is that a lot of garbage players will leave and Ibba will score a hat trick again against VIF regardless :cool:

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Press conference going on right now regarding new league structures. They're careful to note that these are just suggested solutions, but it seems rather clear that they want to cut the number of teams.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I disagree with almost everything and this is making me very bad so I won't say much more about it. I'm eagerly awaiting the reactions when we go into the first season with those idiot playoffs and half of the big clubs are in the playoffs to go down and small clubs no one cares about like Godset, Molde and Odd are in the playoffs to win it.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

I'm sure glad they want the cup final half a year after the semi-final in the middle of a new season to ensure no one will care.

Also, can't wait for what changes they'll suggest in five years when a tiny nation full of poorly run clubs with terrible economy inexplicably still isn't a European powerhouse.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Was gonna post about how Brann would probably approve of the changes because it distracts people from looking at the real reason big Norwegian clubs like Brann are underperforming both domestically and internationally, which is poor leadership, then I discovered Roald Bruun-Hanssen was part of the committee that came forward with the structure analysis :doh:

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
That explains a lot, actually!

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Puseklepp posted:

Roald Bruun-Hanssen was part of the committee that came forward with the structure analysis :doh:

Yup, there it is.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
Well, he already ruined Brann, this is the natural next step!

Nils Arne is not amused.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Watching that dutch guy try to explain himself to Nils Arne is an event that could fill the Lerkendal stadium. I love that man.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Zwachro posted:

Well, he already ruined Brann, this is the natural next step!

Nils Arne is not amused.

Wow, the Dutch and NFF has made me actually like and support Fagermo.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
WTF is this poo poo? Why can't they do something simple, like not having matches spread out over a 4 day period for one. Saturday and Sunday only, how hard can it be.

Also, messing with the cup final? Let's kill off one of the last things that draw a sizeable crowd almost no matter what, great idea there...

EDIT: Also, the talent development part, just look to what Iceland is currently doing. The amount of talent they produce compared to total population is impressive to say the least.

Max Manus fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 7, 2014

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!
It pisses me so much off that everything they have done the last years boils down to making GBS threads on the supporters.

One match at 18:00 on saturday, the rest at 18:00 on sundays, with maybe one at 20:00.
Problem solved.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

torjus posted:

One match at 18:00 on saturday, the rest at 18:00 on sundays, with maybe one at 20:00.
Problem solved.

This, combined with getting the right potential out of the clubs.

It's hardly a coincidence that the drop in interest happened in a period over a few years where big clubs like RBK, VIF, Brann, Viking and Lillestrøm have been medicore at best. And when all these supporters need to pay a lot more to watch their bad team play badly on a friday night I can understand why casual fans lose interest. Some of these poor fans even have to pay a lot of money to watch these bad teams on tv. Of course it won't work.

These changes would never be suggested one or more of the big teams had been succesfull over the past few years but the league has been dominated by small clubs like Molde and Strømsgodset and that's why we can't have nice things.

They want Norwegian clubs to get back into europe, I can't understand how this would help. Rosenborgs CL success will never happen again, and there's not enough money in the europa league for it to be lucrative.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
If anything they should look to Sweden. Malmø may not be rocking the CL but they at least made it there, which is more than you can say for any Norwegian or danish teams. If they qualify next summer they can start building on their experiences and newly awarded uefa money. A few swe teams seem to have established themselves as perennial top teams if not title contenders. To think we used to look down on allsvenskan.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

euroboy posted:

They want Norwegian clubs to get back into europe, I can't understand how this would help. Rosenborgs CL success will never happen again, and there's not enough money in the europa league for it to be lucrative.

This. I think the problem with NFF is that they want a european powerhouse. They want ONE team that is the "locomotive of norwegian football". Preferably that is Molde at the moment.

Norwegian clubs should start looking at the European League as a possibility to get better - not a hassle that stands in the way of 6th place in the Tippeliga.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I've had a closer look at the Hypercube suggestions and the only thing I like is the proposal of adding a new third tier with two groups. This will push the existing third tier down one notch.

12 teams with playoff and playdown and whatnot. Bah, I tell you. BAH!

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Only thing I like is their recommendation to have the football spread over only two days.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Puseklepp posted:

Only thing I like is their recommendation to have the football spread over only two days.

This is also a good thing.

The last round of the Tippeliga 2014 kicks off today, and it is actually exciting! It will decide if Brann gets relegated, and less important, where the last medals will end up.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Eat poo poo, Sogndal!

Get well, Barmen :ohdear:

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Mike Jensen got presented with the fans' player of the year award, scored two goals and took the MOTM as well. I love that man.

And we took silver! :toot:

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
Somewhat lovely ending to a season that has been much better than expected. Hopefully we can unfuck the economy and get a good replacement for Haglund during the winter.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Max Manus posted:

Somewhat lovely ending to a season that has been much better than expected. Hopefully we can unfuck the economy and get a good replacement for Haglund during the winter.

Arne Erlandsen?

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Most of the season has been pretty much nothing but a wet fart. Economic issues notwithstanding, the only things worth noting has been Brann's collapse and failure to relegate and Kjartansson's rather epic season.

Bring on 2015!

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Baggins posted:

Brann's collapse and failure to relegate

It's not over yet! We still got mighty Bærum or Mjøndalen left to face.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

Puseklepp posted:

It's not over yet! We still got mighty Bærum or Mjøndalen left to face.

True. Not regular season though. Direct relegation would've been something, but going down via either of those might make it even more delicious.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
Mjøndalen sent us down last time (in '85) and knocked us out of the cup last year, so we don't have the best history there.

Looks like Barmen will be fine, thankfully. :)

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost

azathosk posted:

Arne Erlandsen?

:suicide:

Jokes aside, most likely Rúnar Kristinsson or Morten Tandberg.

EDIT: Seen some rumors regarding Brian Deane as well.

Max Manus fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 10, 2014

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Per Joar Hansen is available!

After the great ending to our season it looks pretty much signed and sealed that Ingebrigtsen will get the main gig for us. You can't argue with his results(after the first two weeks anyway), but I can't help but feel we're doing the same mistake we've always been doing based on short term achievements(leading to short term firings). I'd love to be proved wrong, though!

Best part is how Trond Sollied has been saying no to Rosenborg for years and years, and now that he wants the job he's not gonna get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys
http://www.nrk.no/sport/fotball/hogmos-menn-tror-de-hadde-slatt-vm-laget-fra-_98-1.12036075

What do you think?

• Locked thread