Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Holyshoot posted:

kobe just had a game like my dude

Holyshoot posted:

I had a triple double

pick one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I really wish myCareer mode would prorate career milestones and social media challenges and whatnot. Like it's not really big talk for Doug McDermott to tell me I won't score 20 points when I'm playing 6 minute quarters. And there's no way in hell I'll ever get enough double doubles for the hall of fame requirement.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

I know the triple double is better but I was more comparing the fact that he performed stellar offensive wise but still couldn't pull out the win.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I really wish myCareer mode would prorate career milestones and social media challenges and whatnot. Like it's not really big talk for Doug McDermott to tell me I won't score 20 points when I'm playing 6 minute quarters. And there's no way in hell I'll ever get enough double doubles for the hall of fame requirement.

Play 12 min quarters. It's not that bad.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

That'd be really nice. Frustrating to see how I'm doing leaguewide & find Carmelo leading the league at 30ppg when it takes a shootout for my team to break 60.

Is there any way to see the playoff brackets in MyCareer?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Holyshoot posted:

I know the triple double is better but I was more comparing the fact that he performed stellar offensive wise but still couldn't pull out the win.

He shot 37%, that is not stellar and is actually hurting your team when you do it on 37 shots. Also the previous comment was less about your game being better because you got a triple double and he didn't and more about him having one assist while you had at least ten.

What I'm saying is that you should be more upset because you actually did something to help your team win.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I go with 10 minute quarters in MC. It's enough to get us to average 100ppg. The computer tends to use way more of the shot clock than a usual team, but that's balanced out by my calling for it and heroballing once half the shot clock is up. Stats wise your team ends up at the bottom of the league in boards and turnovers, but the rest of the stats are reasonable, to me at least.

Edit: that's what I do the first full season. When you first start and you spend a bunch of time on the bench I leave it because my stats will be wack anyway and I can get to FA faster

edit edit: I also enjoy your description changing as you skill up from Raw Whatever. I just turned from "All Round Shooting Guard" to "Lockdown Defender." That puts me in the category with NBA greats Tony Allen and Avery Bradley, yikes.

KDdidit fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 5, 2014

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

He shot 37%, that is not stellar and is actually hurting your team when you do it on 37 shots. Also the previous comment was less about your game being better because you got a triple double and he didn't and more about him having one assist while you had at least ten.

What I'm saying is that you should be more upset because you actually did something to help your team win.

Ahh sorry. I just saw 39 points and 9 rebounds and went with it clearly a bad move. I was a bit pissed but I'm still not good at defense and had like 4 turnovers which is probably why we lost.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have the same "problem" as last year where I keep switching back and forth between a post up center, a deadeye SF, a slashing SG, and a passing PG.

I did fix one of my annoyances from last year though. Was a 6'3" PG last year and got played as a SG at least 1/2 my minutes. This year as a 5'8" PG that never happens. I get a cheap thrill running the pick and roll with Channing Frye and continually hitting him down the lane where he gets his weak poo poo rejected constantly by teams with real frontcourts.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Does teammate chemistry change the rotations? I was the starting PG on my team for a long time then I started with the trash talk options and I'm SG all game now, even when the main PG is taken off

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Haha gently caress I thought my career player was going to beat the poo poo out of LeBron during his interview, but it was just a glitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRCALHmu_pQ

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Reverse Centaur posted:

Haha gently caress I thought my career player was going to beat the poo poo out of LeBron during his interview, but it was just a glitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRCALHmu_pQ
the white Chris Bosh

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
This guy is a complete idiot, but its actually possible to not get a 10 day contract with a single team in mycareer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA9bBqbvTAI

It even ends with a pop up saying 'would you like to forget this ever happened and start over your mycareer'.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

Wow. That's some shameful poo poo.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

That's bordering on some minstrel show poo poo

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily
I died laughing to that guy, but to be fair, I only watch the ending, when he kept yelling for the cpu to pass him the ball so he can miss the last shot.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
At first I wasn't totally into this game and it was probably because 2k14 was so much more about cheese play than anything else, but now I'm in love with it because it feels like real basketball. I can appreciate the reality aspect.

One thing I cannot get over is the dunk whiffing that seems to happen all too often; now I don't care if I try to go up for a dunk over Dwight Howard as David Lee and whiffing but I was playing as Lebron effing James and whiffed trying to go up on Tony Parker. I mean he can completely clear the man IRL, why not give me the poster? In that same game, Klay Thompson drat near windmilled over Larry Sanders....

:cmon:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Yuzenn posted:

At first I wasn't totally into this game and it was probably because 2k14 was so much more about cheese play than anything else, but now I'm in love with it because it feels like real basketball. I can appreciate the reality aspect.

One thing I cannot get over is the dunk whiffing that seems to happen all too often; now I don't care if I try to go up for a dunk over Dwight Howard as David Lee and whiffing but I was playing as Lebron effing James and whiffed trying to go up on Tony Parker. I mean he can completely clear the man IRL, why not give me the poster? In that same game, Klay Thompson drat near windmilled over Larry Sanders....

:cmon:

They totally redid the "contact dunk" mechanic, which is a good thing, but I wish a failure would result in more of a "botched layup" than what it looks like now where you basically miss the basket. It does make paint protection way more important which is realistic.

Also, I like this game too except the 60% FG% I seem to see every game. I haven't dicked with sliders but that would be my first target. As well as whatever keeps the refs from calling so many moving screens. It's like a Kendrick Perkins Nightmare.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

They totally redid the "contact dunk" mechanic, which is a good thing, but I wish a failure would result in more of a "botched layup" than what it looks like now where you basically miss the basket. It does make paint protection way more important which is realistic.

Also, I like this game too except the 60% FG% I seem to see every game. I haven't dicked with sliders but that would be my first target. As well as whatever keeps the refs from calling so many moving screens. It's like a Kendrick Perkins Nightmare.

The moving screens thing is 100% accurate, imo. If you watch for it in an NBA game there's usually four or five per game, and that's about how many I get when I play on 10 minute quarters.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

The moving screens thing is 100% accurate, imo. If you watch for it in an NBA game there's usually four or five per game, and that's about how many I get when I play on 10 minute quarters.

I don't think there are that many, but maybe your right. My biggest complaint is it's pretty easy for me as a player to avoid them but the CPU runs into them a lot.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

I don't think there are that many, but maybe your right. My biggest complaint is it's pretty easy for me as a player to avoid them but the CPU runs into them a lot.

Yeah, if you wait for the guy setting the pick to get set you'll be fine, though if you wait too long the defense will adjust. You can also exploit it on defense if you time it right to draw an offensive foul when you're the one being screened.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, if you wait for the guy setting the pick to get set you'll be fine, though if you wait too long the defense will adjust. You can also exploit it on defense if you time it right to draw an offensive foul when you're the one being screened.

Yeah, What's I've taken to doing is whenever someone starts to set a pick is sprint right into them.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Yeah, I've found that if you try to fight hard over the screen you'll draw the offensive foul a good 80% of the time, which is a fun way to completely negate your opponent's efforts to set up any screen plays.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I love getting a steal and then I accidentally chuck s full court shot because I'm still mashing square. Good times.

keepthechange random vc code

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 10, 2014

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Holyshoot posted:

I love getting a steal and then I accidentally chuck s full court shot because I'm still mashing square. Good times.

Also when you poke the ball lose and your guys stares it long enough before moving that the guy you got it from beats you to the ball. Add to that the times you knock it out of bounds... My guy has the gold Interceptor and Pick Pocket badges but it's still tough to pile up steals.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I've started playing Road to the Playoffs in MyTeam and I've yet to win a single game. I can't make jump shots or play defense with any consistency due to the insane input lag, and it seems like everybody I play shoots like a billion threes with near perfect accuracy all game and I eventually get blown out of the arena. Is there a trick here?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Mandrel posted:

I've started playing Road to the Playoffs in MyTeam and I've yet to win a single game. I can't make jump shots or play defense with any consistency due to the insane input lag, and it seems like everybody I play shoots like a billion threes with near perfect accuracy all game and I eventually get blown out of the arena. Is there a trick here?

Online play is the cheesiest stuff out there. You can either abuse the game mechanics or be victim to them. Left right left right dunk. It's like NHL 07

Camping.. Intense!
May 18, 2005

Absolutely
Grimey Drawer

Holyshoot posted:

Oh cool I got 100VC from this code! What the gently caress?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

oldskool posted:

Is there any way to see the playoff brackets in MyCareer?

How frustrating is this? You can see the playoff picture prior to the season ending, but once you're in the post season who knows. It's also a bummer that those several-times-a-week roster updates that fix things like Damian Lillard having a headband and who is wearing what shoes doesn't carry over to mycareer. Doesn't hurt the gameplay but it's still dumb presentation wise.

Guess I gotta buy 2k16 and see if they fix stuff like this then...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

All I want to do is play as myself on the Cavs. How can I make that happen in MyPlayer? Obviously I can't sign my first 10 day contract there. They wouldn't offer me a deal during the first offseason, and they won't accept my trade request.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

zelah posted:

How frustrating is this? You can see the playoff picture prior to the season ending, but once you're in the post season who knows. It's also a bummer that those several-times-a-week roster updates that fix things like Damian Lillard having a headband and who is wearing what shoes doesn't carry over to mycareer. Doesn't hurt the gameplay but it's still dumb presentation wise.

Guess I gotta buy 2k16 and see if they fix stuff like this then...

It's really weird that I'm allowed to change a player's name, but not give him a headband.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Hockles posted:

All I want to do is play as myself on the Cavs. How can I make that happen in MyPlayer? Obviously I can't sign my first 10 day contract there. They wouldn't offer me a deal during the first offseason, and they won't accept my trade request.

Are you trying to play SF? If so good luck! I'd recommend seeing what position is weak in their starting line up and make a dude for that.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not that I expect them to do much with scheduling logic, but in my second year we're playing back to back games on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I expect a strike soon over this disgrace of collective bargaining.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

MyCareer doesn't stay current because it's a saved file. I think it's the same way with any mode. It can't dynamically update your saved league/career/whatever like that.

Larz2021
Feb 2, 2001
I swear I dont understand this game sometimes. Steal the ball, Im on a wide open breakaway, go up for the dunk in the paint and I get a lazy layup thats hits the underside of the rim. :bang:

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily
Is there some sort of trick to dunking it when you catch an offensive rebound near the hoop? I'm tired of random flailing of arms for an ugly looking layup. Is it specifically a dunk package or something that I didn't buy?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah that's just something the game does poorly. Guys like Shaq would dunk those every time, but they don't in 2k.

HiredGun
Sep 3, 2004

Obesity loves company
Hopefully it gets fixed in the next gameplay patch. That, and the crazy high frequency of offensive boards

Larz2021
Feb 2, 2001

HiredGun posted:

Hopefully it gets fixed in the next gameplay patch. That, and the crazy high frequency of offensive boards

Theres so much I wish could get fixed. I watched a replay tonight of my player taking 2 full seconds of game clock to catch and shoot because I had to slow mo turn and face and crouch and then half jump...at which point the defender 10 feet away was right in my face to force the miss. Good times.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

As frustrating and cheap as this game feels sometimes, sometimes you hit long three pointers to send it to OT and 2OT against the Spurs

Man I love this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mUxCZSXzpc

So this was pretty cool. I had never taken a 3 in my career because my dude has a 52 rating at it.

• Locked thread