Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Please please let this thing get to Dedede and the Fire Emblems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

TheKingofSprings posted:

Please please let this thing get to Dedede and the Fire Emblems

Also please let there be a girl Robin option.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

If there are no koopaling amiibos I am going to freak out.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

axleblaze posted:

The locations on some of the sticks holding the figures up is...unfortunate.

Look, Luigi just can't get up anymore without support.

I'm (not) sorry.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

Nintendo does not support Stephanie Brown.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Pitoo's conversation in the Wii U Smash kinda hints at a sequel.

:stare:

you better not be toying with my emotions

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

:stare:

you better not be toying with my emotions

The conversation basically amounts to "Now Pitoo is in Viridi's army" followed by her saying the battle isn't over. It could just be meaningless too fluff too, of course.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm pretty sure any bits of incidental or easter egg dialogue said by characters in Smash Bros 4 are canon to their respective series, I would definitely take some detailed notes and be prepared to bring them up at the next shareholders meeting.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Remember when Lucas being in Smash meant that Nintendo were going to definitely bring over Mother 3?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I don't know what to believe but Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of my favorite games period so I'm going to read way too much into this and set myself up for disappointment.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Kly fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 10, 2014

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Kaubocks posted:

I don't know what to believe but Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of my favorite games period so I'm going to read way too much into this and set myself up for disappointment.

That's an absolutely awful idea because Sakurai seriously does not want to make a sequel. It's part of the reason the plot is as crammed with stuff as it is.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kid Icarus Uprising 2? Don't be stupid. Urban Champion Uprising though...

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I would settle for a port of KI:U so I can just play it with a pro controller and maybe this time see what other people seem to see in it.

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

homeless snail posted:

Kid Icarus Uprising 2? Don't be stupid. Urban Champion Uprising though...

I'm still holding out hope for StarTropics Uprising. :colbert:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Could you imagine KI:U with a remote and nunchuck? I pretty much came just imagining it!

Wait I dont have to imagine!

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Sin and punishment is an awesome game with possibly the worst story on the wii. Not that it dampers the game play, but holy poo poo

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Fuuuuuuuck :saddowns:

I bought a refurbished Wii U for Smash, but when it came in today, the Gamepad just keeps displaying Error code 165-3000 and I can't get it to sync with the console. I tried calling Nintendo Support, but they weren't able to get it working either, and told me it'll probably be 2-3 weeks before they can get it repaired/replaced. He couldn't even get started on emailing me the shipping label because their system is going to be down for a couple days for maintenance.

He suggested trying out a Wiimote instead, which I can at least sync to the console just fine, but even if I plug in a nunchuck or classic controller, I can't navigate any of the setup menus or options. This kinda sucks.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I would like to see Sakurai keep making new things from his cool brain, and have Kid Icarus farmed out to Platinum or something.

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib
I wish nintendo had multiple dev teams working on other large projects besides marios and zeldas.

Theyre just sitting on an entire mountian of unused charactors and its obnoxious.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
they have like 8 different teams and they're all working on something different

and that's only internal

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

davey4283 posted:

I wish nintendo had multiple dev teams working on other large projects besides marios and zeldas.

Theyre just sitting on an entire mountian of unused charactors and its obnoxious.

It is kind of frustrating that they have a HUGE collection of interesting characters in the Mario universe alone, but they're always used for either sports games or are just used as enemies. I'm honestly a little surprised there isn't a Rosalina game at this point with how much exposure they've given her lately. And it'd be awesome too. Girl don't need to MAN helping her save the galaxy

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And they built a giant modern new complex to house more developers, one reason they were hemorrhaging money until recently.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

I'm honestly a little surprised there isn't a Rosalina game at this point with how much exposure they've given her lately. And it'd be awesome too. Girl don't need to MAN helping her save the galaxy

With how Super Princess Peach turned out, I'd rather they just let Rosalina be.

I am surprised they've never made a game starring Bowser however.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Super Princess Peach was good, you big dumb jerk. Im calling sexism on that one! :colbert:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

axleblaze posted:

What about Bowser's Inside Story?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

axleblaze posted:

You mean besides Bowser's Inside Story?

If you haven't played that game you ought to, it owns bones.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I love the gamepad, but it makes no sense to lock the setup options away in a screen that flatly requires it.

When I move to Ireland I'm pretty certain I can get the wii u console working just fine, but the gamepad worries me. My old nintendo DS is the only electronic device that flatly refused to work with a plug adapter, I had to find some generic charger nonsense on amazon to get it charging again.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Gutcruncher posted:

Super Princess Peach was good, you big dumb jerk. Im calling sexism on that one! :colbert:

Any progress made by finally giving the always captured Princess her own game was sort of cancelled out by the fact that it was a game where literally your powers were based on how emotional you were. It was almost impressive how bad a concept they managed to come up with.

The game itself was fairly mediocre and forgettable, especially for a Nintendo platformer.

Also, yeah I guess I should play Bowser Inside Story but I always under the impression that that was a game where you still played the Mario brothers alot of the time. Like I want a game that's just all Bowser. Maybe throw Bowser Jr and the Koopa kids in there.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
1. Take dude Robin amiibo
2. Tape yarn to head
3. Enjoy lady Robin amiibo

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

Bean posted:

1. Take dude Robin amiibo
2. Tape yarn to head
3. Enjoy lady Robin amiibo

What should we do about the penis bulge?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's a new firmware update, it adds Amiibo settings to the system menu.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

CarpetCrawler posted:

I'm still holding out hope for StarTropics Uprising. :colbert:

At least make Mike Jones an alternate skin for Ness or something, c;mon already Nintendo.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Mario and Luigi are literally supporting characters in BIS. They get top billing, sure, but it's all Bowser, all the way through.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

axleblaze posted:

Also, yeah I guess I should play Bowser Inside Story but I always under the impression that that was a game where you still played the Mario brothers alot of the time. Like I want a game that's just all Bowser. Maybe throw Bowser Jr and the Koopa kids in there.

You play as the Bros for probably 40% of the game. It's Bowser's game that Mario & Luigi are in. The story is about him and he's the one that kicks all the asses.

You really should play it.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Xenoblade is so loving ugly on my HDTV. I wish I had composite cables...and a CRT that didn't need an RF adapter.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

James Woods Fan posted:

Xenoblade is so loving ugly on my HDTV. I wish I had composite cables...and a CRT that didn't need an RF adapter.

It'll look better on your tiny New 3DS. And Xenoblade Saga will look fantastic on your HDTV. Just give Nintendo like $300. Just do it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

greatn posted:

It'll look better on your tiny New 3DS.

no it won't did you see the footage they showed of it?

Play it on Dolphin if you can

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Cake Attack posted:

no it won't did you see the footage they showed of it?

Play it on Dolphin if you can

Well that was stretched out onto his HDTV though. The textures and models won't be as good but will be on a tiny screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
My toaster can't even run PSP games very well (or PC games from 2005 on high). Dolphin isn't an option for me :(

• Locked thread