Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Dyz posted:

Corrosive is nice for building stacks of maniacal laughter without killing everything.

So its nice for building stacks of something that'll let you kill things quicker without killing everything too fast? :v:

I know Maniacal Laughter does health regen too, but, come on..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
There's always hope that uvhm will add armored enemies. But, that all depends on how they end up scaling enemies.. oh god, what a disaster that was in BL2.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Reveilled posted:

Also, Moxxie's bar is called the Up Over, the In Spaaace version of Down Under.

Red Belly is a pun on Ned Kelly, who wore homemade armor the in-game enemies are made to resemble (with less red and more "lovely housemade steel plate" color)

They should have worked a "stop the boats" line in there somewhere. You've already got the money-grubbing Meriff downplaying the evil genocidal enemy as a harmless mining operation.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Red Belly is a pun on Ned Kelly, who wore homemade armor the in-game enemies are made to resemble (with less red and more "lovely housemade steel plate" color)

And the line about forgetting his leg armour is a reference to how Ned Kelly was captured (took out his legs with shotguns).

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Fraction posted:

E
Couldn't figure out how to get into the building Springs was in (the door was shut?), so went for a wander, died, and respawned in the building. The door is still shut. How do I get out :saddowns:

I'm still stuck. No idea how to get out, there doesn't seem to be any way to open the door.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
Just finished this game, and holy gently caress did I dislike the writing in this, probably for all the reasons that I've seen other people mention in the thread. I definitely get what they were going for, it was just so weirdly and awfully mashed together.

Playing with a friend, when Lillith hopped out of a loving portal to punch Jack in the face and hops back in after the final boss I went totally silent over skype because I was just gaping in disbelief at how stupid and contrived that was

Game itself wasn't bad and the environments were pretty loving sweet, especially the last zones. Claptrap's action skill was pretty hit or miss but the pirate ship was the greatest thing on the god drat earth.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Fraction posted:

I'm still stuck. No idea how to get out, there doesn't seem to be any way to open the door.

Are you in the building with the fast travel and the Vehicle station? If so, those doors should have been opened by Springs in the very first little sequence you meet her in, after you get out of the moonshot capsule. If that broke, then... :shrug:

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Yeah, the doors *were* open but now they're not.

Same issue as this dude is having here.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Fraction posted:

It's probably because you have disabled startup movies (probably via right clicking the game in your Steam library, properties, advanced options, etc). Anyway, re-enable startup videos until you get passed that part.

You can click the "?" under my av for the instructions on how to do this (I'm away from my computer at the moment).

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Ghostpilot posted:

It's probably because you have disabled startup movies (probably via right clicking the game in your Steam library, properties, advanced options, etc). Anyway, re-enable startup videos until you get passed that part.

You can click the "?" under my av for the instructions on how to do this (I'm away from my computer at the moment).

I'm on xbox; will this still be the issue?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Fraction posted:

I'm on xbox; will this still be the issue?

Oh, huh. In that case, I am not sure.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Operant posted:

Just finished this game, and holy gently caress did I dislike the writing in this, probably for all the reasons that I've seen other people mention in the thread. I definitely get what they were going for, it was just so weirdly and awfully mashed together.

Playing with a friend, when Lillith hopped out of a loving portal to punch Jack in the face and hops back in after the final boss I went totally silent over skype because I was just gaping in disbelief at how stupid and contrived that was

Game itself wasn't bad and the environments were pretty loving sweet, especially the last zones. Claptrap's action skill was pretty hit or miss but the pirate ship was the greatest thing on the god drat earth.

Hey, they had to get that vault symbol branded on his face somehow, and they were running out of game time.

... It would've been a lot better if the power of the relic had just been too much for a human body and it branded Jack all on its own. Would've made a lot more sense, anyway.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Backhand posted:

Hey, they had to get that vault symbol branded on his face somehow, and they were running out of game time.

... It would've been a lot better if the power of the relic had just been too much for a human body and it branded Jack all on its own. Would've made a lot more sense, anyway.

That would have conflicted with Zarpedon, who presumably also used it to gain the knowledge she had, motivating her to capture Helios and try to blow up Elpis. They should have left it unanswered and done it properly in a DLC.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Operant posted:

its the story equivalent of this image

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

lets burn posted:

This image is hosed up on so many level. I haven't finished the game yet, but I can't imagine it being /that/ bad. Or maybe it is, and thats why I have't finished it yet....

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Dalael posted:

This image is hosed up on so many level. I haven't finished the game yet, but I can't imagine it being /that/ bad. Or maybe it is, and thats why I have't finished it yet....

That's a shitposter jsyk.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

lets burn posted:

That's a bit unfair, a lot of thought clearly went into this image.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I was really annoyed when I realized we weren't, in fact, going to fight Lilith.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

lets burn posted:

In which case, it is pulling me in.

Speak to me, teletubby-worm-man. Tell me your narrative secrets.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

In which case, it is pulling me in.

Speak to me, teletubby-worm-man. Tell me your narrative secrets.

In my mind I see him as claptrap. Fancy man with no pants is jack. Uhhh Lilith is the woman with a cord in her belly and the Box is Roland the story shitter-outer I guess.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

AirRaid posted:

So its nice for building stacks of something that'll let you kill things quicker without killing everything too fast? :v:

I know Maniacal Laughter does health regen too, but, come on..

Better than the other elements, I thought that was implied...

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
So I ran into a weird issue on PS3:

I saw the code earlier for 20 golden keys so I went ahead and created a shift account. Put in the code, went to the shift locker, got my keys, quit the game. Then I signed out, signed in as my SO's account on the PS3, and did the same thing for her character with a different email address. Yesterday I spent a little bit going around Concordia looting up stuff to grind and checking the vending machines then quitting and going back in again. After doing this for a bit I realize that all 21 of my keys are missing. I sign in on my SO's account and hers are gone too. not just gone, but on the badass ranks screen it doesn't even show 0 keys, there's no marker for keys at all. (when I go to the chest it shows 0 keys). Nothing's in the shift box but it does show where we redeemed the 20 key code. I put in an email to Shift support but I'm not expecting much.

Anybody else had an issue like this? Do you think it could've been some kind of anti-cheat thing where multiple accounts on the same machine get flagged or something?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

wdarkk posted:

I was really annoyed when I realized we weren't, in fact, going to fight Lilith.

Since the game's story somehow seems to be just way the gently caress out there with little :effort:, lemme just go ahead and offer this take on Lilith being the end boss for the series. Er-hem.

Let's say she cranks up eridium production somehow. Like, that increase will probably be worse than Jack's earth-fuckers he's got in the background in 2. Final scenario takes place in wherever the core is for this thing. She's so hopped up on the purple stuff that, well, poo poo gets hosed completely. Portals, universe tears, maybe even time fuckery.

Phase 1 would be just trying to get her to fall to a Second Wind, but her Phase is just jacked. Like, elements just ejaculate all over the god drat place it'd be unbearable almost. She falls, slams more eridium into her face, and then Phase 2 where it's much much worse. All while she's spewing some speech about being ungodly and whatnot. Once Phase 2 ends, another hit of alien drugs metal. That hit just makes her go apeshit to the point where she rips a hole in time by accident. Both of you are sucked in for the final Phase.

Final Phase takes place in Fyrestone, circa BL1. Lilith hosed up reality so bad, she's back to being a Level 1 Siren. Also, those tags are completely safe to view and have nothing related to the current plot, I promise. Anyway, since the Final Phase winds up being piss-easy, there's now a time limit in the form of a closing portal. In that time limit, you have to kill Lilith, tell Marcus and the other hunters not to worry about the vault, and hop back into the portal. The ending would vary greatly from character to character, since you're going into an alternate universe somehow. Long story short, you essentially prevent the entire series in the fight.

Also yes, I tend to elaborate really stupid possibilities why do you ask.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...
just had a hacker drop 90 million dollars and pick it up again and I gained like 40 badass ranks :banjo:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

The Bee posted:

loving hell, I just realized how appropriate the oxygen kits being Oz kits is considering we're dealing with space Australians. Am I late to the pun party?

It's actually referenced in an audio log at the Scav camp you'll run into when doing "Wherefore Art Thou?"

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Is there no stash to share weapons between characters like in BL2? That would suck and mean that I can't pass down low level legendaries.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
There is, it's introduced in the same mission that unlocks the black market/moonstone merchant.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Basebf555 posted:

Is there no stash to share weapons between characters like in BL2? That would suck and mean that I can't pass down low level legendaries.

Yes. It's in Concordia and unlocked from an early quest there.

EDIT: It's in the Claptrap/security office if you forgot.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

Just keep playing, you unlock it as part of an early story quest so you literally cannot miss it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Ah sorry, I've done that but I thought that was just the bank where you can store weapons but not share them between characters. I must not have been listening carefully.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Of course, the fact that the bank and the stash are several rooms away is just dumb.

Of course, the fact that the bank and the stash are separate is just dumb.

Of course, the fact that I have to go to a bank at all and can't just call a Claptrap interdimensional courier to handle- well, you get the idea.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Basebf555 posted:

Ah sorry, I've done that but I thought that was just the bank where you can store weapons but not share them between characters. I must not have been listening carefully.

There are two. The bigass safe is where you store weapons on your current character, the locker that looks like Claptrap's stash from BL2 is the character-sharing one. The fact that it still only has 4 slots kinda sucks.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

So I think I hosed up. I tried to leave as many side-quests as I could for post TVHM ending, and now I'm level 45 at the last part of the game. I don't think I stand much of a chance against the last boss. I already cleared the quests on the Lunar Launching area just to level up enough to not get destroyed by the area just before Eleseer.

Any advice?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Do some of the other side quests?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Of course, the fact that the bank and the stash are several rooms away is just dumb.

Of course, the fact that the bank and the stash are separate is just dumb.

Of course, the fact that I have to go to a bank at all and can't just call a Claptrap interdimensional courier to handle- well, you get the idea.

Not to mention only 4 spaces in the stash.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
At 45 and near Elesser? Get a corrosive weapon and kill the enemy moon rovers in Triton outside of Concorida. Easy kills for 1500K xp a pop.

Also do more quests.

Or have people online carry you.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

widespread posted:

Also yes, I tend to elaborate really stupid possibilities why do you ask.

It seems appropriately convoluted but while reading your post I realized that the ultimate Borderlands 3 idea would be a Bioshock crossover.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

RVWinkle posted:

It seems appropriately convoluted but while reading your post I realized that the ultimate Borderlands 3 idea would be a Bioshock crossover.

... if we get slag-infused plasmids with that, count me in. Also the crossover has to end just as convoluted if not moreso, since we'd probably have two time travelers. Are you afraid of sirens, Booker?

Also also, I'm getting around to get the drat game finally. From what I hear from this thread, everyone not named Claptrap is viable all-around. And even then, Claptrap sounds alright.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

widespread posted:

... if we get slag-infused plasmids with that, count me in. Also the crossover has to end just as convoluted if not moreso, since we'd probably have two time travelers. Are you afraid of sirens, Booker?

Also also, I'm getting around to get the drat game finally. From what I hear from this thread, everyone not named Claptrap is viable all-around. And even then, Claptrap sounds alright.

Claptrap just has a HUGE focus on multiplayer support (/annoyance), and has a bunch of weird mechanics that don't mesh together very well in single-player.

There is also the Doppelganger, who comes out tomorrow, if you have the season pass or $10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I initially thought Wilhelm's "Robot Policeman" line was some kind of reference to the coptrap bot in Concordia, but after finishing the basketbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall quest it became clear and amazing.

(Wilhelm worships Robocop Jesus, and when you consider their respective stories it would sound fitting. Hence the "Enforcer" class. :v:)

• Locked thread