Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aurain posted:

I don't think this was very good at all, really. It seemed like he didn't have many ideas for good jokes so just busted out as many as he could and hoped some would land. Most of the other ones he's done are great though, so I'd assume it's just an off-day.

I think you're absolutely wrong, but I dunno I also think Stone Ocean isn't as good as it's hyped up to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Super Mar-WRYYYYYYYYYYY-o Brothers.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Aurain posted:

I don't think this was very good at all, really. It seemed like he didn't have many ideas for good jokes so just busted out as many as he could and hoped some would land. Most of the other ones he's done are great though, so I'd assume it's just an off-day.

Antfish in general just has a problem with jokes going on too long. Still worth watching IMO.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That entire episode is probably the worst one he's done since the first half of his original stuff.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Somehow I don't think this youtube internet jokes guy is actually funny or could possibly be as funny as the real goings on of Jojo's

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Somehow I don't think this youtube internet jokes guy is actually funny or could possibly be as funny as the real goings on of Jojo's

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is no joke.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a serious manga that has influenced the entire field.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
JoJo's got motherfuckers named Speedwagon, Vanilla Ice and Limp Bizkit, so please respect the serious narrative of the esteemed manga book that is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Don't forget the dude named Mrs. Robinson who can control bugs that live inside his skull.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

Don't forget the dude named Mrs. Robinson who can control bugs that live inside his skull.

That wasn't even a stand power. He could jsut do that poo poo.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Abridged series are actually bad and dumb, guys.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Butt Ghost posted:

Only the bad and dumb ones.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Butt Ghost posted:

Once they hit their stride DBZ Abridged was/is better than the real deal.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Abridged series are generally better when they're just starting out. Then they start becoming kinda stale with certain gags and jokes.

DBZ Abridged was pretty good up to the end of Namek, but now it's kinda ehhh. Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged was the same way up to the end of Duelist Kingdom.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Abridged series are generally better when they're just starting out. Then they start becoming kinda stale with certain gags and jokes.

DBZ Abridged was pretty good up to the end of Namek, but now it's kinda ehhh. Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged was the same way up to the end of Duelist Kingdom.

I've actually found it to be the opposite. Most abridged series, unless they're by someone who already has experience, usually start out pretty bad, then get good once they get into their groove.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Pomp posted:

Once they hit their stride DBZ Abridged was/is better than the real deal.

Retard

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Big Anime Fan

:smugbert:

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
That's a win for me

:niggasteve::niggasteve::niggasteve::niggasteve::niggasteve::niggasteve:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress Goku

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I think you're absolutely wrong, but I dunno I also think Stone Ocean isn't as good as it's hyped up to be.

Stone Ocean is probably the less "hyped" of all the parts.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I felt the same way about DBZ: Abridged but I've been enjoying the latest few again, but the cell gimmick will probably wear thin after a while.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Well his personality changed with each transformation so we have that to look forward to.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

stone ocean is really bad, if jolyne was a man nobody would like it

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Bear in mind when someone says an arc in Jojo's is "really bad" that's by Jojo's standards and you'd be hard pressed to find another manga of comparable quality

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Part 3 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is quite good, just thought I'd remind y'all.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

And Part 4 is even better.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

darealkooky posted:

stone ocean is really bad, if jolyne was a man nobody would like it

What do you like?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God dammit, Pomp, do you not understand this fuckin song and dance, yet?

ChaosArgate posted:

And Part 4 is even better.

It is, but that ain't the point of my post, mang.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

stone ocean is really good

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

even by jojos standards i mean

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Beef Waifu posted:

God dammit, Pomp, do you not understand this fuckin song and dance, yet?

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're talking about :saddowns:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh dear, I took a darealkooky post at face value again

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i like stone ocean because a guy gets kicked in the face with his own boot, which is on fire

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Pomp posted:

What do you like?

manga that have good art, fight scenes that don't require you to stare at every page until your eyes unfocus to understand what the hell is happening, have protagonists who are interesting or interact with eachother at all, and feature a variety of interesting locations

stone ocean has none of these things, instead it has the powerpuff girls and an overly mean spirited ending to a manga series that ran for roughly 15 years

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

darealkooky posted:

stone ocean is really bad

Your opinion is wrong. :colbert:

Edit: Dammit, I fell for it, too.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

darealkooky posted:

manga that have good art, fight scenes that don't require you to stare at every page until your eyes unfocus to understand what the hell is happening, have protagonists who are interesting or interact with eachother at all, and feature a variety of interesting locations

stone ocean has none of these things, instead it has the powerpuff girls and an overly mean spirited ending to a manga series that ran for roughly 15 years

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

darealkooky posted:

It actually has all of those things except there are some very confusing fight scenes. Like, I feel people ignore everything that happened outside of the prison.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

the bits outside the prison might matter more if they didn't consist of three fights, short backstory chapters for the dudes in those fights, and the ending

and if the bits inside the prison weren't mind numbingly bad

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I don't think you remember it very well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I bet... I bet you were RUSHING to get to Steel Ball Run

• Locked thread