Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
mid83
Oct 15, 2012
Anybody on PS4 running in a group that doesn't mind a newbie who doesn't know what the hell he's doing tagging along? I'm getting bored getting my rear end kicked alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
At what level do I unlock more create a class slots?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Doing "#OBAMA" or "#POT" is low effort and will likely rile up some good 'ol boys some anger.

#NOBAMA might work better

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

Feenix posted:

At what level do I unlock more create a class slots?

You get those when you prestige

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Can I get an invite to the ps4 clan? PSN: SPZX

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Goddammit Greenband is the worst map for "Hey that empty room you just left? We spawned a guy in there to shoot you in the back."

]-[ate_Sandwich
Nov 27, 2000
This new patch really cleans up the latency issues I've been having. I'm slaughtering dudes now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

When is the launch weekend Double XP ending? I thought it was supposed to end this morning, but the 2XP icon is still there whenever I start a match, and I don't have any from supply drops at the moment.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

When is the launch weekend Double XP ending? I thought it was supposed to end this morning, but the 2XP icon is still there whenever I start a match, and I don't have any from supply drops at the moment.

That is good to know. I wonder if it will last until Tuesday.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
http://charlieintel.com/2014/11/11/new-patch-advanced-warfare-now-live-pc-adjusts-camo-challenge-requirements/

quote:

• Adjustment to the in-game chat names notifications placement.
  • Fixed Prestige reset issues, including emblems and challenges.
  • Fixed marksman and camo challenges to not reset when you Prestige.
  • Fix for weapon reloads counting as speed reloads in certain circumstances.
  • Fixed issues with Ping Bar not updating correctly.
  • Fix for stats accumulating towards leaderboards after Prestiging.
  • Adjustment to challenges to unlock camos for weapons.
  • Fix for round-based game modes, affecting Win/Loss ratios.
  • Implemented ability to unlock eSports Rule options in Private Match.
  • Added description to reload informing that you can double-tap to speed reload.
  • Fixed DoubleXP splash, so it doesn’t show up in Private Match, practice round, or survival mode.
  • Showing 4X or 2X based on whether a loot DoubleXP item exists
  • Add DoubleXP icon to medal splashes when DoubleXP is active.

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 11, 2014

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

SpazmasterX posted:

Can I get an invite to the ps4 clan? PSN: SPZX

There's an invite request thread in Private Game Servers. You can also send a request through the AW app.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"
Just got booted and gave up for the night. Sorry gents.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

bigman.50grand posted:

There's an invite request thread in Private Game Servers. You can also send a request through the AW app.

Oh cool, thanks for the heads up.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I'm on PS4 if anyone wants to group up.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Got my 500 kills with the KF5 and now I'm trying out the Bulldog. Man this thing has no range. Fun as hell sliding into a Dom point and blasting away though!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I always run Parabolic Mic! I'm not sure if it makes a discretion (like if the icon is different if sombody is shooting silenced or not) but being able to see everybody on the enemy team shooting is great, especially if they aren't running Blast Suppressor.

Since it seems like most people are running Suppressor,Foregrip/Quickdraw Handle and an optic sight on AR's being able to pinpoint what rooftop they are shooting from is essential. Speaking of which all the iron sights on ARs are pretty bad, i don't blame anybody using a point for like the vanilla Red Dot or the Threat Tracker.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Static Rook posted:

Got my 500 kills with the KF5 and now I'm trying out the Bulldog. Man this thing has no range. Fun as hell sliding into a Dom point and blasting away though!

Wait until you try the S12.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I got the Tac-19 breacher and I love it. :allears: my shotgun is powered by dubstep

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I wish they'd add a "text sizing" option, the names in online games are in such small font that I have trouble reading them, even after cleaning my glasses. If I could increase the size of the text my 25% or so and reduce the size of the player placards I'd be really happy - I can't afford a 50-inch TV, and I know there's nothing wrong with my eyes.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

What are you guys running for the KP5? I saw QuickDraw, RDS, and grip a couple pages back

What if I want to run and gun? Was trying low profile, lightweight, overclock exo, laser,fast hands (for reloading while sprinting) RDS...?? Should I even bother with any other SMG?

Is the overcharged perk worth it and is the exo stim actually good? I never noticed a difference

BTW exo trophy isn't a bad prestige unlock since it unlocks at 47. If you play domination, that is.

Still want to try my cheese exo stim and trophy build with overcharged and maybe a riot shield? For capturing points

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Christoff posted:

What are you guys running for the KP5? I saw QuickDraw, RDS, and grip a couple pages back

What if I want to run and gun? Was trying low profile, lightweight, overclock exo, laser,fast hands (for reloading while sprinting) RDS...?? Should I even bother with any other SMG?

Is the overcharged perk worth it and is the exo stim actually good? I never noticed a difference

BTW exo trophy isn't a bad prestige unlock since it unlocks at 47. If you play domination, that is.

Still want to try my cheese exo stim and trophy build with overcharged and maybe a riot shield? For capturing points

If you want to run and gun use the SAC3's.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I tried and hated them tbh

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
If you don't have any problem being up in people's business 24/7 the I suggest the MP11.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Christoff posted:

I tried and hated them tbh

What didn't you like about them?

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Are there any GIFs/videos of mid-air stomps? I think I saw one earlier in the thread and got a good laugh from it.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

how's that

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Knifegrab posted:

What didn't you like about them?

Just the accuracy and aiming. I can handle my super high sensitivity with any other gun but not those

Fibby Boy posted:

If you don't have any problem being up in people's business 24/7 the I suggest the MP11.

Thanks I'll give them a go!

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Nov 11, 2014

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I am digging the parabolic microphone, it seems usually over half the team(on either side) is running ninja builds on TDM so roots people out pretty decently.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

I cannot escape my own sperg, I am past the sperg-event-horizon.

Sorry if it sounded critical and not tongue in cheek, I actually really enjoy your analysis spergness.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My game just froze towards the very end of a Greenband Dom round during which I'd completed a bunch of challenges :cripes:

I was able to hold down the PS button, close it and reopen it just fine, but man, it's never done that before. I don't think any console CoD has ever frozen on me before like that.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

My game froze at the end of a TDM where I had like 22 kills with the drat Bulldog.

Shotgun reviews!
TAC - Stock standard workhorse shotgun. Pump action, good frequency of OHKs, decent range, bit short for my liking but still the best in its class on paper.

S-12 - Probably the worst of the bunch, high fire rate, low damage, low range. Good for hardcore, HARDCORE rushing, couple with speed perks, exo speed and gung ho and facefuck the other team basically. You will get punched a LOT trying to use this thing. It's nowhere near as bad as the MW2 AA-12 but nowhere near as bad as the MW3 AA-12. Still kinda hot garbage but not like, LEGENDARY hot garbage like the MW3 shotguns and i had gold on all of those loving things.

Bulldog - Personal favourite, medium range compared to the TAC, semi-auto, high damage. Bit less risky than the S-12, kinda like a low-ammo capacity version of the Striker from MW2? Still a non-zero chance of just getting loving decked trying to use it, but gung-ho and a high-speed build go a long way.

Due to the current nature of the game and a lack of generous auto-aim, high speed matches make the shotguns a high risk, high reward option. Against conservative teams just having one player going loving apeshit with a shotgun makes playing conservative really dangerous and will probably make things more dangerous as people learn the maps a bit better. Honestly the map design favours shotguns with a lot of verticality and a LOT of little tunnels to flank with blind corners and poo poo. Against teams that move around a lot it becomes a lot more of a challenge but still fun. There's really no option for a room-clearing shotgun due to everything having a low magazine size, short of a huge fuckup on the enemy teams part but it's easy to manage doubles and triples with the Bulldog and the Tac.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Rei_ posted:

My game froze at the end of a TDM where I had like 22 kills with the drat Bulldog.

Shotgun reviews!
TAC - Stock standard workhorse shotgun. Pump action, good frequency of OHKs, decent range, bit short for my liking but still the best in its class on paper.

S-12 - Probably the worst of the bunch, high fire rate, low damage, low range. Good for hardcore, HARDCORE rushing, couple with speed perks, exo speed and gung ho and facefuck the other team basically. You will get punched a LOT trying to use this thing. It's nowhere near as bad as the MW2 AA-12 but nowhere near as bad as the MW3 AA-12. Still kinda hot garbage but not like, LEGENDARY hot garbage like the MW3 shotguns and i had gold on all of those loving things.

Bulldog - Personal favourite, medium range compared to the TAC, semi-auto, high damage. Bit less risky than the S-12, kinda like a low-ammo capacity version of the Striker from MW2? Still a non-zero chance of just getting loving decked trying to use it, but gung-ho and a high-speed build go a long way.

Due to the current nature of the game and a lack of generous auto-aim, high speed matches make the shotguns a high risk, high reward option. Against conservative teams just having one player going loving apeshit with a shotgun makes playing conservative really dangerous and will probably make things more dangerous as people learn the maps a bit better. Honestly the map design favours shotguns with a lot of verticality and a LOT of little tunnels to flank with blind corners and poo poo. Against teams that move around a lot it becomes a lot more of a challenge but still fun. There's really no option for a room-clearing shotgun due to everything having a low magazine size, short of a huge fuckup on the enemy teams part but it's easy to manage doubles and triples with the Bulldog and the Tac.

AA-12 in MW2 was boss because it had more than sneezing range and i swear did more damage as well, make it better that i used it on my rushing class so i was always up in the right range to use it anyway.

A shame all the devs are so afraid of making shotguns as good as they were in MW2, if they made them primaries only and toned down the range on the Spas then it'd had be been perfectly balanced!

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

whoops i meant to say the MW2 AA-12 was good

it was like the best gun in the game full of best guns

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
The AA-12's range in MW3 was hot loving garbage. If you were double melee range, you were guaranteed not to get hit by it.
And even at point blank range it was 2-4 hits. The worst weapon in CoD history; at least the shield is viable on it's own.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So the Bal seems like it might be a tad bit to strong. I don't know I hope someone rips out the gun stats because I'd like to pour over then.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

The gun stats were recorded in klingon because the devs are loving assholes. It might be a while.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Latency bars in this game are horseshit, I'm not 4 bar, not even close, same old bullshit, different coat of paint.

Its especially hosed up when I aim at guy facing AWAY, then when I mysteriously die, he was actually looking straight at me.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 11, 2014

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Oh really? Aren't there Web pages that translate klingon to English? Why is it so difficult?

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I hope the patch hits consoles soon, the novelty of having to turn on Netflix to play Call of Duty has faded. :argh:

Meanwhile I'll continue to grind out all the Gold camos before they get changed to being harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Moochewmoo posted:

So the Bal seems like it might be a tad bit to strong. I don't know I hope someone rips out the gun stats because I'd like to pour over then.

It's what 80% of people use probably, yeah. And will most definitely be nerfed

Between that and the KF5 it's all you need really

• Locked thread