Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Drifter posted:

Cook Serve Delicious is the best typing game since Mabel (doesn't) Teach Typing. House of the Dead Overkill is the best of all time.

Nah. Second best. Original Typing of the Dead is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Tagra posted:

I decided to check this out, but I can't seem to make it link to my previously existing Square account. I can log into the account, but it uses my Steam login. Then the game asks for a password, which I can't give it because I used the Steam login. (Typing in the Steam login credentials does not work). But I also can't create a new account because that email is already in use. But when I try to log in just using my Steam account email it says that email is not found, despite being the email that is listed on my Square account. :psyduck:

Thank goodness I started with the trial instead of buying it...

Did you have an existing profile in My Games? After I deleted that, the 'free trial' version allowed me to link it to a Square Enix account.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

I've got a quest about a possible scam.

My friend has some valuable CS item hes trading to some VAC banned guy from Yemen. The Yemen guy says my friend needs to give the item to me just to hold it until he can get what hes going to trade. I don't see how this could lead to my friend getting ripped off, but I don't see the point of it either.

Anyone know wtf this is?

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

If it's so valuable, does he really need to risk dealing with shady people to trade it away?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - yeah, I'd rather lose out on %5 or whatever and just go the safe route. Trade that poo poo to someone else if it's actually worth something.

Luisfe posted:

Nah. Second best. Original Typing of the Dead is better.

Nope. And if your piece de resistance is the dreamcasts on their backs, well, that's not a game, that's just a skin.

OG Typing of the dead was great, but doesn't hold a candle to Overkill.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Xenoborg posted:

My friend has some valuable CS item hes trading to some VAC banned guy from Yemen. The Yemen guy says my friend needs to give the item to me just to hold it until he can get what hes going to trade. I don't see how this could lead to my friend getting ripped off, but I don't see the point of it either.

Anyone know wtf this is?

No idea how the scam would work but anything that doesn't involve a one-on-one trade of the good/s one guy wants for the good/s the other guy wants is unnecessary and should be avoided. If the guy has a VAC ban that just raises even more warning bells. I'd tell your friend just to cease communicating with whoever it is.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Xenoborg posted:

Anyone know wtf this is?

There's 100% no reason for this to happen, whatever is up it's probably a bad idea.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Tezzeract posted:

Did you have an existing profile in My Games? After I deleted that, the 'free trial' version allowed me to link it to a Square Enix account.

I ended up just using a different email and starting a fresh account, although it's kind of bizarre that it couldn't just use the Steam login. Nosgoth worked fine...

I hope the free trial transition doesn't crash into the other existing Steam account profile, now :v:

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Yeah I told him no matter what don't do anything but an in window trade. Friend likes skins and wants different skins I dunno. If it was me I would just sell it on the marketplace, no skin is worth $100 of real money.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Xenoborg posted:

no skin is worth $100 of real money.

what are you talking about

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hahahah fuckin blaaaaaazzze it

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Drifter posted:

Cook Serve Delicious is the best typing game since Mabel (doesn't) Teach Typing. House of the Dead Overkill is the best of all time.

CSD is great but Icarus Proudbottom would like to speak with you http://www.holywowstudios.com/teachestyping/

it's goon made, free, and great.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Xenoborg posted:

Anyone know wtf this is?

Someone is going to try and impersonate you so your friend trades it away accidentally during the "wtf why are we doing this" step.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

spider wisdom posted:

what are you talking about

Tag 'em and dime bag 'em :2bong:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Morter posted:

Tag 'em and dime bag 'em :2bong:

I feel like the Snoop sound pack has a line like that.

Say what you will about CoD, but drat do they know their audience.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I used to buy weed from a guy who would be playing the latest Call of Duty on his Xbox 360 literally every time I was ever there, which was often. He would just prestige over and over and over again.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

CSD is great but Icarus Proudbottom would like to speak with you http://www.holywowstudios.com/teachestyping/

This is amazing. Should I even touch Typing of the Dead again

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Movac posted:

Speaking of Bundle Stars, this is great. $3.49 for:

• Eador: Masters of the Broken World (& the earlier Genesis version)
  • Battle Group 2
  • Supreme Commander Gold
  • Jagged Alliance Gold (the first one, unfortunately)
  • Creeper World 3
  • Planet Stronghold

You should all know how good SupCom is, but Creeper World deserves your attention as well. It's a territory-control game where you create networks of buildings to fight a fluid that flows over the landscape. Watch the trailer to see if it might tickle your plan-build-execute urge, and realize that that's not just contrived high-level play to look impressive, it's actually how the game plays.

Creeper World is amazing and I've been playing it all night

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Five Nights at Freddy's 2 just got released right now, 8 bucks.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Yodzilla posted:

This is a really good game. Also won one of the SADev game challenges I think.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Accordion Man posted:

Well that certainly was fast.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Accordion Man posted:

Got that out quickly.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Accidentally clicked on the free classic Metro 2033 key and forgot I already had it. If anyone still doesn't have it it, the game's here to snag.

Accordion Man posted:

There probably wasn't that much to update.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Accordion Man posted:

Wait what, he said 2015. :stare:

edit: Yeah, this was even the teaser image.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Nov 11, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

More like this: Gender Bender DNA Twister. :v

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Mutation posted:

It's set in the future of 2015.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

LibbyM posted:

It's set in the future of 2015.

In the Grim Darkness of 2015 there is only terrible Theme Restaurants.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

RickVoid posted:

In the Grim Darkness of 2015 there is only terrible Theme Restaurants.
So this is how the restaurant wars begins.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Mutation posted:

From the author's Greenlight page announcements:

Scott posted:

Just so you will all know, I uploaded the demo to IndieDB but then the site said it would take 3-4 DAYS to approve the demo!? (So much for my demo-schedule.) So I figured I'd just release the game, especially considering how well the Lets Play videos did today with no bugs or glitches of any kind. :)

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Man my first foil card and it's from Torchlight 2 where they're worth 30 cents.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

oblomov posted:

PSA: less then a day left for VC1 unlock. Port looks to be excellent as well.

Here is analysis from Durante of GeDoSaTo fame.
http://www.pcgamer.com/valkyria-chronicles-pc-port-analysis-durantes-verdict/

In short, it runs very well on pretty much anything including Intel hardware. Resolutions are unlocked and framerate goes to 120. Controls are very much customizable.

You all better buy this so we get VC2 HD, VC3 localization, and other stuff from Sega. Really though, VC1 is an excellent game in itself and port comes with all the DLCs.

As a double heads up about VC1, GreenManGaming is having some sort VIP sale, so check your email. It comes to like 13.85, and if you have any credit it can go cheaper.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
DreadedCone is playing Five Nights 2 if anyone cares. He's one of the few streamers that isn't completely insufferable http://www.twitch.tv/dreadedcone

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Nov 11, 2014

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Mutation posted:

Well, that was fast.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Movac posted:

Speaking of Bundle Stars, this is great. $3.49 for:

Eador: Masters of the Broken World Steam Key: N22L7-8XXCF-57YHK
Battle Group 2 Steam Key: FIW8E-2PQ65-6VT6K
Eador: Genesis Steam Key: XXZ0L-IY7R9-H7PTQ
Supreme Commander Gold Edition Steam Key: DIWF5-F4DTF-F48C6
Jagged Alliance 1 Gold Edition Steam Key: F5Y2K-BHBQG-RN7FY
Planet Stronghold Steam Key: WKJ6A-VJN67-9XXLF

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mutation posted:

So this is how the restaurant wars begins.

An animatronic Denis Leary would be absolutely horrifying.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Aww nuts, someone lurked the SupCum key, the only one I wanted.

Ah well.

Icarus Proudbottom Teaches Typing is great btw.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Crabtree posted:

Accidentally clicked on the free classic Metro 2033 key and forgot I already had it. If anyone still doesn't have it it, the game's here to snag.

I claimed it. Thanks!

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Propaganda Hour posted:

He's one of the few streamers that isn't completely insufferable http://www.twitch.tv/dreadedcone

Look how much of that screen space is taken up with showing the chat and his face. I don't even have to watch long enough to hear him speak to disagree with that.

I get that people who watch streamers seem to want face cams, so that will always be a thing, but there is no way the cam needs to take up that much space, and why does the chat need to waste screen space? Like, is anyone watching the archives going to be sad the chat isn't there?

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 11, 2014

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

LibbyM posted:

Look how much of that screen space is taken up with showing the chat and his face. I don't even have to watch long enough to hear him speak to disagree with that.

I get that people who watch streamers seem to want face cams, so that will always be a thing, but there is no way the cam needs to take up that much space, and why does the chat need to waste screen space? Like, is anyone watching the archives going to be sad the chat isn't there?

The cam, sure, but the chat is on there so you can see it when you watch full screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Propaganda Hour posted:

The cam, sure, but the chat is on there so you can see it when you watch full screen.

You'd need to leave full screen to participate in the chat anyway though.

I guess I'll just never get it. I'm too old to understand the way kids these days like to watch other people play video games compared to the way I want to watch other people play video games.

• Locked thread