Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

You can fold the stock in and it can be shoulder fired. It still looks kind of silly. Or with some manipulation you can hold it in both hands across the chest but it looks awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

It is available separately...but it also doesn't connected to the regular Sniper.

I'm gonna get both, just the K9 first.

Pretty sure the K9 pack hooks up to the Sniper 2 if you remove it's normal little backpack, unless you mean the old rear end HG GM Sniper, in which case you'd need to add 2 holes for it to mount.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

First time painting a kit, so I'm pleased with how this is turning out. Finished priming, masking and painting the baby Sinanju today; tomorrow I'll be doing details in enamel brush (read: one hundred golden fleur-de-lis painted on a grain of rice) and topcoat.

I always thought the Neo Zeong's burgundy & white body clashed with the Sinanju, so I'm going to try painting it with the same cherry red & gold trim as its core suit.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
That's really fuzzy. Did you shake the can properly? Is it really humid where you sprayed?

Zodar
May 21, 2007

The red coat was come out really thick and grainy, yeah, even after shaking it for four straight minutes. I actually liked the grainy "pointillist" texture I was getting by under-spraying and leaving the black primer exposed in the recesses of the mold, but in retrospect I over(under?)did it in a few places.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

madpanda posted:

One of the customize weapon kits has a nicer sniper rifle that I guess is easier to hold. I eventually just gave the big rifle in the k-9 kit to the dogbot as it was limiting the main suit poses. The yonen kirks zaku I is also a cool sniper kit.

I've mentioned this one before, but what you want is either System Weapon 002 or 004 (scroll down past the 005 pics).

madpanda posted:

You can fold the stock in and it can be shoulder fired. It still looks kind of silly. Or with some manipulation you can hold it in both hands across the chest but it looks awkward.

Yeah, the oversized rifle is just cumbersome and unwieldy. It also comes with the regular GM Sniper Rifle, but it's kinda small in comparison.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Zodar posted:

The red coat was come out really thick and grainy, yeah, even after shaking it for four straight minutes. I actually liked the grainy "pointillist" texture I was getting by under-spraying and leaving the black primer exposed in the recesses of the mold, but in retrospect I over(under?)did it in a few places.

What you can do is stir the can instead of shaking it. Also, if you let it sit in warm water for a couple minutes before spraying.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

I didn't even consider that, thanks. I don't have much experience with spraypaint, so I always assumed the idea was to rattle the bead inside, not to roll it.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zodar posted:

First time painting a kit, so I'm pleased with how this is turning out. Finished priming, masking and painting the baby Sinanju today; tomorrow I'll be doing details in enamel brush (read: one hundred golden fleur-de-lis painted on a grain of rice) and topcoat.

I always thought the Neo Zeong's burgundy & white body clashed with the Sinanju, so I'm going to try painting it with the same cherry red & gold trim as its core suit.

Wanna peel dat orange

still looks better than my stack of unbuilt kits

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 11, 2014

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Zodar posted:

It ends up not looking too bad because so little of it is visible, and it being a brighter red helps the Sinanju pop more. It looks like an actual separate robot thats piloting this giant one, and not just one big thing.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Could you not even it out with a little too much varnish

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Zodar posted:

I just had pretty much the same problem with some matt coat a few minutes ago. It's dried all 'frosty' and it'll be a combination of it now being very humid in the room where I paint and also not shaking the can enough. I can either strip the matt coat with some solvent and risk damaging whatever is underneath or I might be able to get away with a gloss coat to restore the normal hue and then matt spray it again later.

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

Does anyone know whats the difference between the p-bandai MG Astray red frame, and the MG red frame kai? (looks like me like the p-bandai one comes with shield, gun and beam sabers + the two swords, and the kai comes with the swords and the transforming sword thingy).

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
That is it, yes. The Red Frame Kai has a different backpack.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
People with a little more HLJ experience than me: Is there a way to tell the difference between "backordered" and "we will never get this back in, go find it somewhere else"?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Literally The Worst posted:

People with a little more HLJ experience than me: Is there a way to tell the difference between "backordered" and "we will never get this back in, go find it somewhere else"?

Yes, it'll say 'discontinued'.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Those get classified as discontinued. Back ordered literally means that they have a standing order with the manufacturer or distributor and they are waiting for it to be fulfilled.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Also if it's more than 15 years old and isn't a MG you're probably poo poo out of luck.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BlitzBlast posted:

Also if it's more than 15 years old and isn't a MG you're probably poo poo out of luck.

Good thing all I want are MGs at this point. I was just checking because I'm looking at kits for Shelf Part Deux (old school Zeon suits) and a lot of them (Z'gok, Gelgoog 2.0, Zeong) are listed as backordered/out of stock, and I know the HG 00 kits are listed that way and have been for approximately Forever.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Good thing all I want are MGs at this point. I was just checking because I'm looking at kits for Shelf Part Deux (old school Zeon suits) and a lot of them (Z'gok, Gelgoog 2.0, Zeong) are listed as backordered/out of stock, and I know the HG 00 kits are listed that way and have been for approximately Forever.

Don't quote me on this but I believe backordered means they're waiting for a certain threshold of people to order the model before they go out and buy them. It's a real crapshoot to how long it'll take. I've ordered backordered stuff that's gotten payment requested in a week, but on the other hand I ordered the ESF GN-XIII last March and it's still sitting there pending.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gaius Marius posted:

Don't quote me on this but I believe backordered means they're waiting for a certain threshold of people to order the model before they go out and buy them. It's a real crapshoot to how long it'll take. I've ordered backordered stuff that's gotten payment requested in a week, but on the other hand I ordered the ESF GN-XIII last March and it's still sitting there pending.

Harumph. To eBay and Amazon I go, I guess.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Harumph. To eBay and Amazon I go, I guess.

Mandarake is a really good place to find kits way below retail
I get all my exclusives there

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
People who have built the 00 Raiser, what's E16 for? I can't find it in the book, it's not crossed out, and I'm too lazy to comb through that book again. I'm thinking it's maybe a plug for his back?

Fauxtool posted:

Mandarake is a really good place to find kits way below retail
I get all my exclusives there

They also don't have the few I rattled off that I know are backordered on HLJ.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's the bit that connects the two GN Sword IIs. It's on the page talking about how you can use all the accessories so I guess you just skipped past it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BlitzBlast posted:

It's the bit that connects the two GN Sword IIs. It's on the page talking about how you can use all the accessories so I guess you just skipped past it.

I didn't even think to look at that part, to be honest. I was just trying to finally do the last few things (extra hands, pieces like E16, making sure I'm not leaving anything on the sprues, etc) and assembling my spare AB1 before MG Unicorn gets here tomorrow, and the accessories page is one I skip past by default when I'm doing this poo poo because "Well poo poo I already made all the little doodads and they're finished so what could possibly be in there."

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 12, 2014

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

People who have built the 00 Raiser, what's E16 for? I can't find it in the book, it's not crossed out, and I'm too lazy to comb through that book again. I'm thinking it's maybe a plug for his back?

They also don't have the few I rattled off that I know are backordered on HLJ.

Just because you cant find them doesnt mean they dont have them.
The way to use it isnt to find what you want exactly when you want it. You check back every few days or every day if its popular until its in stock

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Fauxtool posted:

Just because you cant find them doesnt mean they dont have them.
The way to use it isnt to find what you want exactly when you want it. You check back every few days or every day if its popular until its in stock

That sounds like a bad way to shop as opposed to "This place has thing, the price difference, if any, is negligible (for whatever your definition of that word is), now I own it."

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

That sounds like a bad way to shop as opposed to "This place has thing, the price difference, if any, is negligible (for whatever your definition of that word is), now I own it."

Nah, it's the same as checking craiglist or whatever for a good deal, except it's all in one spot and easy to deal with.
Seriously, mandarake is fantastic for getting cheap exclusives. especially if you don't care about whether your box is mint.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

everythingWasBees posted:

Nah, it's the same as checking craiglist or whatever for a good deal, except it's all in one spot and easy to deal with.
Seriously, mandarake is fantastic for getting cheap exclusives. especially if you don't care about whether your box is mint.

If I cared more about exclusives and not just "This is my list of kits to buy, I want them" I'd probably be all about it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Goonpla thread, break my indecision. Should the first gunpla I build be the Zaku Amazing, Wing Fenice, or Destiny? And if it's the Destiny should I also not try very hard to make it not look lovely, in honor of Build Fighters?

Edit: vvvv Yeah they're all HGs, for the record.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 12, 2014

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chumbler posted:

Goonpla thread, break my indecision. Should the first gunpla I build be the Zaku Amazing, Wing Fenice, or Destiny? And if it's the Destiny should I also not try very hard to make it not look lovely, in honor of Build Fighters?

if you are talking HGs i recommend fenice. Its the least fiddly and drops less parts when you pick it up

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Fauxtool makes a good point, but you should build the Zaku first because Zakus are cool.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John Carstairs posted:

Fauxtool makes a good point, but you should build the Zaku first because Zakus are cool.

buy them all but build the zaku last because its a floppy mess unless you build it carefully. The seams are really noticeable unless you sand and remove nubs well because they are so wide and curved.

The opposite is true for fenice. The seams are straight and smaller. You can build a super sloppy fenice and still feel good about yourself because it has such good styling that hides lazy building.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 12, 2014

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Throw them all in the trash, get Build Burning and a Z'gok.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Throw them all in the trash, get Build Burning and a Z'gok.

The Z'gok I'll give you, but Build Burning is dumb butt for butts. I'm sorry.

I think I'll go with the Fenice, though as the first one I build I will likely not do its majesty proper justice.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

chumbler posted:

The Z'gok I'll give you, but Build Burning is dumb butt for butts. I'm sorry.

gently caress no, that kit's dope and a real fun build. One of the things Gunpla TV pointed out that I didn't realize somehow was the shoulders are constructed as hinges on the torso, so when you bring the arm forward it actually moves with it instead of the arm sort of pulling away from the torso. It looks really goddamn good.

edit and then buy a Neo Zeong.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 12, 2014

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

the neo zeong is basically the size of a small child so i'm going to pretend you buy like dog halloween costumes and dress it up

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Look, if you can afford to blow money on a Neo zeong model like its nothing, you must be part of the earthbound elite and your soul is weighed down by earth's gravity. In that case we the space proletariat may drop a space colony on your house. You have been warned.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Gils posted:

the neo zeong is basically the size of a small child so i'm going to pretend you buy like dog halloween costumes and dress it up

He raises a good point. Dress it up like Santa in 3 weeks in the spirit of the holiday season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

TARDISman posted:

He raises a good point. Dress it up like Santa in 3 weeks in the spirit of the holiday season.

I have the transformers metroplex that is 2 ft tall and I kinda want to dress him up in osh kosh b'gosh and stick him in a carseat and drive around