Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

LibbyM posted:

You'd need to leave full screen to participate in the chat anyway though.

Right, because lurking totally isn't a thing people do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That usage of screen space is especially bad for Five Nights at Freddy's because the map (and in 2 part of the hud) takes up the whole bottom right corner and is kind of an integral part of the game. I watched this guy stream Dark Souls and that game was ok for his screen arrangement because there weren't any hud elements in the way, but it would definitely be better if he separated the stream stuff from the game window so they weren't on top of one another.

Either way, Five Nights at Freddy's 2 looks basically just like the first one but with more things to manage. Which is not an especially bad thing on its own, I guess?

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 11, 2014

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What the gently caress is this game anyways.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

kater posted:

MOBA roguelite

Orv
May 4, 2011

kater posted:

It's a game that requires you to manage time and resources really well in order to facilitate a jump scare delivery engine.

The first one was awesome.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Propaganda Hour posted:

MOBA roguelite

Inspired by Dark Souls, Shadow of the Colossus and Super Metroid

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Inspired by Dark Souls, Shadow of the Colossus and Super Metroid

With a little bit of Dwarf Fortress thrown in for good measure.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

And lots of Zombies and open world voxel based building.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Wait are you guys still talking about Five Nights At Freddy's 2? Because that sounds sinfully amazing.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Morter posted:

Wait are you guys still talking about Five Nights At Freddy's 2? Because that sounds sinfully amazing.

One of the last five responses is true, choose wisely young quester.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Morter posted:

yes it is all those things we mentioned. a dwarf fortress metroidvania dark souls zombie killing open world game with giant bosses you crawl over. this all happens inside of a chuck e cheeses though.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Orv posted:

One of the last five responses is true, choose wisely young quester.

Freddies ARG gettin real

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

A missed opportunity to call it Six Nights At Freddy's but I guess adding another night would've been :effort:.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Antti posted:

A missed opportunity to call it Six Nights At Freddy's but I guess adding another night would've been :effort:.
don't you spend seven nights in the game?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Waiting for the DLC, Weekend at Freddy's.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I hope the VC1 trading cards look better than the cutscenes in VC2.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Mutation posted:

There's a post-game "sixth night" level as well as a "custom night" mode where you get to manually set the AI level of all the enemies (even the secret spoiler ones) before playing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SelenicMartian posted:

I hope the VC1 trading cards look better than the cutscenes in VC2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqIGPwTUX1Y

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

When does Valkyria Chronicles unlock? :f5h::f5:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Mutation posted:

My world is crumbling.

Also I just noticed a VIP page on GMG where apparently really fresh titles are on a discount. Neat.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

404notfound posted:

10AM PST, like most Steam releases. 10 hours yet.

(You are not the only one burning with anticipation)

Mushball
May 23, 2012

404notfound posted:

I'm on the west coast and it says it unlocks in 10 hours so no jumping into anime europe in the early morning like the 101st airborne.

Gonna celebrate veteran's day with a healthy dose of WW2 squad combat in the Brothers in Arms series and this game

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

404notfound posted:

Like five o'clock tomorrow morning for me. Here's hoping that the port does well (it sounds like it's much better technically than FF13) and it perhaps leads to some more console titles being ported. For example, I'd go nuts if they announced Vanquish being ported.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hey I guess I should finally get around to playing L.A Noire... why'd I wait so long to play this game agaLOADING ROCKSTAR SOCIAL CLUB ROCKSTAR SOCIAL CLUB REQUIRES AN UPDATE DOWNLOADING UPDATE LOG IN TO ROCKSTAR SOCIAL CLUB TO PLAY THE GAME YOU CANNOT PLAY THE GAME WITHOUT ROCKSTAR SOCIAL CLUBin?

:sigh:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Yeah, I'm playing VC2 right now.
It has its moments, like a whispering stalking scout girl obsessed with a classmate, stealth and killing people. I use her for nighttime ambushes backed up by her crush I upgraded into a machine gunner. Sometimes they are immediately followed by the tank.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Yeah, I'm playing VC2 right now.
It has its moments, like a whispering stalking scout girl obsessed with a classmate, stealth and killing people. I use her for nighttime ambushes backed up by her crush I upgraded into a machine gunner. Sometimes they are immediately followed by the tank.

Or you could be like me and take on V2 units only with Fencers and just face tank them. You can actually take them down with Fencers (albiet with a fair amount of risk) without taking out the supply vehicles.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Oh, I'm not in the V2 unit territory yet. I mean, there was that nightmarish escape story mission, but they aren't a regular enemy for the most part.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
This could be common knowledge, but the 20% November discount code on the front page of Green Man Gaming stacks with Valkyria Chronicles' 10% off deal. Got my copy for $14.40.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
For what it's worth, I'm in the UK, and Valkyria Chronicles seems to have unlocked - it's currently in "unpacking" with a hilarious amount of time left to go (just jumped from "1 hour" to "4 hours" and then back to "2 hours" so I have no idea!)

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
You can get it for a little bit cheaper on the VIP page I think: http://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Randallteal posted:

This could be common knowledge, but the 20% November discount code on the front page of Green Man Gaming stacks with Valkyria Chronicles' 10% off deal. Got my copy for $14.40.
It's also in the VIP section for 13.85 and you can use GMG credit on top of that (which you're usually blocked from doing by using a coupon). Good stuff all around.

Though I'm a bit curious, people got me excited and hype for it but I'm a bit poo poo at strategy...does this game have a reasonable learning curve or am I going to feel massively stupid and overwhelmed with numbers?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Just unlocked here in Malaysia 2. Time to get my Clannad of Duty on!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Niggurath posted:

It's also in the VIP section for 13.85 and you can use GMG credit on top of that (which you're usually blocked from doing by using a coupon). Good stuff all around.

Though I'm a bit curious, people got me excited and hype for it but I'm a bit poo poo at strategy...does this game have a reasonable learning curve or am I going to feel massively stupid and overwhelmed with numbers?

It's pretty easy to start off. Certainly doesn't require you to know what you're doing from the word go.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ookiimarukochan posted:

For what it's worth, I'm in the UK, and Valkyria Chronicles seems to have unlocked - it's currently in "unpacking" with a hilarious amount of time left to go (just jumped from "1 hour" to "4 hours" and then back to "2 hours" so I have no idea!)

Ditto here. Just played through the first chapter and it all runs/controls perfectly fine.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Since I'm planning out some Counter-Strike related video stuff, I decided to check on how Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies is going...

Poorly.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The Kins posted:

Since I'm planning out some Counter-Strike related video stuff, I decided to check on how Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies is going...

Poorly.

At least it doesn't cost real money yet. Just game points.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm enjoying creeper world 3, or rather I was, until the mission where they give you two command centers and basically force you to fight a two front war while also introducing a new game mechanic. Kind of frustrating.

I hope there aren't a lot more missions like this were I have to give equal amounts of attention to different parts of the map simultaneously

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

What are the current recommended drivers for a DS3 controller? I've heard bad things about MotioninJoy and BetterDS3, and I remember mention of an alternative that is less scammy?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
I've just finished Arkham Asylum for the first time, had a blast, great game. Now I've gone on to Arkham City and... I'm not impressed so far. The level design in AA was so tight and focussed, City just feels like a random bunch of stuff thrown together in comparison. Also the writing, holy poo poo. I'm not sure of this gets better, but even though Ivy looked like a floral prostitute in the first game, and Harley was obviously Harley with all that entails, the dialogue never felt creepy. In this game, the henchmen constantly make thinly veiled rape threats against all named female characters including yourself during the cat woman episodes and it's just gross. Also cat woman. Yeah. Because I don't know about you, but if I play a super thief running around the world of Batman I really want my whole character to be defined by my constantly spewing sexual innuendo over the place like a hormonal tennis ball machine.

The game just comes off as wanting to be really grimdark and edgy in general, the side missions where political prisoners get beaten up / tortured are another example. If you do anything in the vincinity, you will constantly hear the sounds of a man obviously being tortured, crying, begging for his assailant to stop until you saunter over there and clock another henchman in the noggin a couple of times. That's off-putting to me and super unnecessary.

Also gameplay questions: Is there an easy way to find out what secret you're looking for? If I have a secret marker on the map and I go there, how do I see the hint I'm supposed to be looking for? This is what happened right now: I had a secret marker on the map, mark it, fly over there. Game tells me "you're in the area now". I start looking around for stuff, have no clue as to what I'm actually looking for, randomly start scanning everything around me, apparently the road sign was the answer. I see the clue I just answered after solving the riddle. Great job.

Also I'm playing on a 360 pad and the mouse cursor is constantly in the middle of my screen in all menu screens and the map screen. How do I get rid of that? Also why do I need to edit an ini file to change the in-game language, and then another to make sure the language change doesn't revert everytime I change a menu setting?

Man. AA was really goddamn great, and so far I'm just not feeling it with this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Best part about VC on Steam - no DRM. Simply copy the folder anywhere it's convenient and it will work.

Although the save menu is obviously from the PS3, only with the button prompts changed.

• Locked thread