Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
My preload started 2 hours ago when I got home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

So apparently not only can I preload but I am now starting the game. Whoops.

Edit: I very quickly hit the wall in how far I could progress while it continues to download assets, and so far it seems to run fine on a Radeon HD7950.

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 11, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011
Burn the witch.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Lol this game and it's defenders

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Gotta justify that 60 dollar preorder somehow.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Preorders, not even once

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Lol this game and it's defenders

Not even gonna defend it at this point, I'm just hoping Ubi gets its poo poo together for another patch around launch time. If not, then oh well, I'm only Gameflyin' anyway.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
So word going around on Reddit is that the PC version will have a 1.2 patch released on launch day tomorrow.

No word on if that's for consoles as well. Also can't find an official source on that so might just be rumor.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Except for the part where no-one was defending it.

Yet.

Syka
Mar 24, 2007
sum n00b or wut?
I hope it's fun, but I basically only payed $30 for it. (Convoluted PSN game sharing scheme with a friend of mine)

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'm already getting updates on my Steam Pre-Load, so a day 1 patch 1.2 seems likely.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I'm already getting updates on my Steam Pre-Load, so a day 1 patch 1.2 seems likely.

I still have another 14GB to go before I'm even done downloading the game.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
so will the game unlock on uplay/steam at 12 EST (i.e. in seven minutes)? Or at 12 pm?

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

so will the game unlock on uplay/steam at 12 EST (i.e. in seven minutes)? Or at 12 pm?

12 PST, 2 hours 56 minutes.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

11.5GB left to go!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Orv posted:

12 PST, 2 hours 56 minutes.

ew. Oh well. screw class anyway.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Rad Valtar posted:

Looks like Rogue is going to be $35 at Target for Black Friday which means Amazon will probably price match.
That sounds like a good reason to wait a few weeks.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

psychoJ posted:

If not, then oh well, I'm only Gameflyin' anyway.

I got gamefly a couple months ago and its already paid itself for the year. Metro and Wolf Among Us are like 75 bucks together msrp and I've already played them both. And yeah, Unity will be here Wednesday. I'm actually at the end of shadow of mordor right now and it's gonna be interesting to see how it stacks up.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Shadow of Mordor is currently sitting in my ps4 as I write this. Its fun and shows a LOT of promise. But its rough around the edges, and a lot of the game's rpg upgrade systems is overcomplicated and the nemesis design is actually underused.

Also, the review embargo for Unity and Rogue isn't even midnight, they're holding off til tomorrow morning. And most review sites haven't gotten copies of Rogue, so expect a solid delay for reviews on that.

Sending off Mordor in the mail since I'll beat it tonight, and then I'll probably put Rogue in my gamefly queue.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I played for an hour. My quick review is if you like other AC games you'll like this one. Graphics are great, climbing/parkour is better and setting is awesome. I didn't see anything too glitchy, just the usually "accidentally run up stuff" and a few graphics hitches that disappeared right away. Not any worse than Black Flag. Missions and combat are still meh, but not any worse.

Of course being an AC game I'm still in a linear tutorial of sorts after an hour, so I can't say how the full game is, but I think talk of its failure was maybe wishful thinking by some anti-ubisoft types?

For the record, I've played and finished every AC game besides that 2D mobile one. I like the series, but didn't like Revelations or AC3 at all. AC2 and AC:B were the pinnacle IMO. Didn't love Black Flag as much as some goons either. I love the history and plot, don't love the gameplay, but if you can tolerate Mordor (which I just finished) I don't think you'll have any problems with this.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Reverse Centaur posted:

just the usually "accidentally run up stuff
Why is this even a thing? In either 3 or Black Flag, I forget which, they made it so you will climb on stuff if you run into it even when walking normally, i.e. not holding down R1. That goes against one of their basic design principles from the beginning of the series, and one that I always liked.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why is this even a thing? In either 3 or Black Flag, I forget which, they made it so you will climb on stuff if you run into it even when walking normally, i.e. not holding down R1. That goes against one of their basic design principles from the beginning of the series, and one that I always liked.

Well now we've got Climb Up/Climb Down buttons so that should be better, at least in terms of random climbing. Random jumping off stuff, :shrug:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
If anyone needs partners for co-op add me up on the PS4. PSN ID is Grem Legend or GremLegend I can't remember if there's a space or not sorry!

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

So how much online stuff is there? Co-op missions and features and whatnot.

Orv
May 4, 2011

rizuhbull posted:

So how much online stuff is there? Co-op missions and features and whatnot.

Co-op Missions: Repeatable 2-4 players distinct missions mostly separate from the main story for loot (money/items), no idea on number of individual missions.

Other stuff: Full free roam for 4 players of the entire game (aside from probably Future Paris and specific story areas).

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Installing now! Sucks you can't preload but oh well, playable within ten minutes.

E: Uplay nooooooooo

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Nov 11, 2014

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Pre-loaded fine, but now the patch is going nowhere because I guess everybody is trying to play, heh.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My wife pointed out that Arno looks just like HGTV's Scott McGillivray, her favourite celebrity.

He definitely continues the suave ladykiller style of Ezio and what's his face from Black Flag.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The faces of next years coop SP Creed game?

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

My Nuuvem key just showed up! I can activate it just fine in Germany, despite the official release being on the 13th, so I guess activation is tied to the key and not your location.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Hah, yea the fact that you can outrun the person you're supposed to be chasing five minutes in to the game doesn't bode well.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The opening sequence is definitely a bit of a turd gameplay wise. Sets up a decent story though.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the parkour down button, i've been waiting for this my whole life

textures look nice with the lighting but i'm pretty sure red dead redemption had higher res textures in 2010

the one fight I got in so far, the fighting animations seemed really fluid and cool, but it has no indication of being more difficult than the previous games

the soundtrack is good

ethanol fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Nov 11, 2014

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Jesus gently caress Ubisoft, what did you do to the encrypted Steam pre-load that it's taking me over a half hour to unpack 37GB into 50GB?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Looks and runs fine on PS4, and it seems they went for more of a Ezio type of character for Arno. Seems pretty cool so far but I'm not that far into it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So far this looks like it's going to be one of the best in the series, if not the best. The free run down button is something I have wanted for a long time, it allows you to do the only sane thing when you're trying to run away from people and STAY LOW. It's embarrassing that it took them this long.

edit: vvv so far it looks like you're strapped into an Animus and can't get up even if you wanted to.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Nov 11, 2014

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Re-posting this question from a few pages ago: Judging by early streams, it seemed that there might not be any out-of-Animus gameplay this time around? The only stuff I saw was some woman talking at you through a screen. Is this the case? Is there no modern day Monteriggioni equivalent?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Gunder posted:

Re-posting this question from a few pages ago: Judging by early streams, it seemed that there might not be any out-of-Animus gameplay this time around? The only stuff I saw was some woman talking at you through a screen. Is this the case? Is there no modern day Monteriggioni equivalent?

Not for the first couple hours at least. There's some sort of modern day stuff (the woman) but it looks minimal. Glad they kept the snarky comments in the codex at least.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

So performance isn't the best. Even with the new Nvidia drivers and SLI profile running on patch 1.1 I'm getting a solid ~40 FPS with SLI'd 760s and most settings on medium. Textures on high. tooooons of stuttering. Not impressed, but oh well. It's playable.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Nov 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I'm doing free roam in Paris and the game keeps hardlocking on me :( Can't tell if my GPU is overheating or if it's a bug, but I made it through the whole intro without a problem. Hopefully it gets patched quickly.

Edit: Restarting uplay and validating files just to be sure first. Nope, didn't fix it :sigh:

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Nov 11, 2014

• Locked thread