Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

http://kboo.fm/sites/default/files/episode_audio/kboo_episode.1.141031.2000.9538.mp3 (600 MB)

Dead Air! A Halloween Extravaganza!
Air date: Fri, 10/31/2014 - 8:00pm - Sat, 11/01/2014 - 3:00am

Dr. Zomb's Stereo Obscura, Radio Lost and Found and The AV Squad bring you a Halloween Radio Extravaganza!
With scary sounds, frightening horror soundtracks and other surprises! There's no telling who might drop in, too!
From 8pm to 3am, we've got your party covered!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Thanks, I didn't know about that.

Repost for new page:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Before the RIAA (or possibly a mysterious government agency) takesit away, I reccommend listening to what played in Pickle Feather Express's slot most recently (MP3 download). I thought it might have been some kind of broadcast from the pits of hell, but then the host came on and completely confirmed my suspicions. Happy retroactive Dia de los Muertos, bio-amigos!

Again, in the two posts above this one: other things you should listen to.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Thanks BiggerJ for these links - much appreciated.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Dammit, I got my internal calendar mixed up and missed the show. But that's okay because

:frogsiren:THE ZOMB PERSISTS:frogsiren:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It's that time again! At 10 PM in Oregon, listen in here for high quality or here for low quality to enjoy the next bewildering episode of Doctor Zomb!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Fifteen minutes until Zomb!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

After the ads, :frogsiren:ISN'T IT NICE IN HERE, WOO, PHBBT:frogsiren:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

kboo_episode.1.141126.2200.2739.mp3

Edit: Huh, seems to be of the wrong show. If this happens again next time, time to complain to KBOO.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 9, 2014

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Last week's episode of Pickle Feather Express was replaced by a six-hour special: Happy Birthday, Jimi Hendrix!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It's that time again! At 10 PM in Oregon, listen in here for high quality or here for low quality to enjoy the next bewildering episode of Doctor Zomb!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Under half an hour left!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:COMING UP NEXT, THINGS MAN WAS NOT MEANT TO KNOW AND DOCTOR ZOMB, THE MAN WHO KNOWS THEM ANYWAY:frogsiren:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

kboo_episode.1.141210.2200.2739.mp3

Confirmed to be the right recording.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 12, 2014

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I just want to say that I love what you're doing, BiggerJ.

I've tried navigating KBOO's page myself, but either I'm challenged, or the station is making it purposely difficult to find recordings of this wonderful man's show.

In any case, please keep posting these links for episodes. I have discovered many amazing artists due to Dr. Zomb, like Bruce Haack, Double D & Steinski, and Perfect Mother.

TL:DR The Doctor will always be in.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

The Endbringer posted:

I just want to say that I love what you're doing, BiggerJ.

I've tried navigating KBOO's page myself, but either I'm challenged, or the station is making it purposely difficult to find recordings of this wonderful man's show.

In any case, please keep posting these links for episodes. I have discovered many amazing artists due to Dr. Zomb, like Bruce Haack, Double D & Steinski, and Perfect Mother.

TL:DR The Doctor will always be in.

Their site is a mess because it's a volunteer community radio station.

The way we grab links is:
  • day or so after a show, browse to Schedule -> (day of show) and click the link to the show. (This is different than going to Programs and searching for the show by name, and also different from going to Archives).
  • on the show page for that day, if they have posted it you should see a small player widget with a play button. You can listen to it this way for a couple of weeks.
  • to get the URL to the mp3, View Source on that page and search for ".mp3" (no quotes) to find the link to the mp3 file. These typically stay hosted on the site for more than a few weeks, but not forever.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

porkface posted:

Their site is a mess because it's a volunteer community radio station.

The way we grab links is:
  • day or so after a show, browse to Schedule -> (day of show) and click the link to the show. (This is different than going to Programs and searching for the show by name, and also different from going to Archives).
  • on the show page for that day, if they have posted it you should see a small player widget with a play button. You can listen to it this way for a couple of weeks.
  • to get the URL to the mp3, View Source on that page and search for ".mp3" (no quotes) to find the link to the mp3 file. These typically stay hosted on the site for more than a few weeks, but not forever.

It's easier to just come back to this thread ;)

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

On the show page for a particular day, click the link after 'Program:' to get to the episode history page for that particular show - it's an easy way to find the latest episode. Here's Doctor Zomb, and here's Pickle Feather Express.

porkface posted:

[*] to get the URL to the mp3, View Source on that page and search for ".mp3" (no quotes) to find the link to the mp3 file. These typically stay hosted on the site for more than a few weeks, but not forever.[/list]

I think it's normally two weeks.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

poo poo poo poo i forgot

:frogsiren:LESS THAN HALF AN HOUR LEFT, I BETTER drat WELL HOPE THEY DON'T SCREW UP THE RECORDING:frogsiren:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

The episode doesn't seem to be listed on the show page - the episode itself isn't even listed. We'll see if it appears, of if we need to complain to KBOO again.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 26, 2014

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE:frogsiren:

DIRECT DOWNLOAD (may require manual addition of the .mp3 extension after download). It was manually and permanently put in the audio section where it won't expire, the first there in over two years. Zomb bless us, every one!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

The website is being a bit of a butt, so the recording may not be available afterwards unless it's archived manually like last time.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 8, 2015

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Half an hour to go! Don't forget to bug them if the recording isn't automatically available later, or if it isn't even listed on the show page.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 9, 2015

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:ZOMB IS HERE:frogsiren:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

The show didn't get archived or listed on its show page, automatically or manually. Time to bug them via the contact page, otherwise they may never know about it.

Edit: It might be because the site confuses it in the schedule with the other show that shares its slot, Life During Wartime. Then again, Pandaemonium, while not missing any episode listings on its show page, has not had its two most recent episodes autimatically recorded.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jan 14, 2015

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

The website is being a bit of a butt, so the recording may not be available afterwards unless it's archived manually like on Christmas.

:frogsiren:HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo THE DOCTORS ARE IN:frogsiren:

AT 8PM OREGON TIME THE SHOW BEFORE DOCTOR ZOMB WILL BE DJED BY SPECIAL GUEST DOCTOR DEMENTO

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

One hour until the DEMENTO AND ZOMB FOUR HOUR DOCTORFEST

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:PAGING DOCTOR DEMENTO, PAGING DOCTOR DEMENTO:frogsiren:

HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 22, 2015

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

poo poo my connection crapped out, no recording for you unless a post-christmas miracle happens

currently: DOCTOR ZOMB presents PAC-MAN presenting NERVOUS TENSION

EDIT: oh wait I think I got the entirety of the Doctor Demento guest show. uploading now.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 22, 2015

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Ditch Digger, 21/01/15, starring Dr. Demento Wayback link

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 4, 2016

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

IT'S A W. C. FIELDS'S BIRTHDAY MIRACLE

Dr. Zomb download: January 21, 2015

Official Dr. Demento guest appearance download: Here

I can confirm that Doctor Zomb shook Doctor Demento's hand. Fortunately, there was no resulting thermonuclear explosion.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 4, 2016

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Under an hour to go!

Edit2: Disregard previous image, I was looking at the wrong page.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Feb 5, 2015

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:OMINOUS MUSIC PRECEDES DOCTOR ZOMB:frogsiren:

Edit: AND DARKNESS WAS UPON THE FACE OF THE DOPE

Edit2: It's our old friend Dion Mcgragor who talked in his sleep!

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 5, 2015

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

kboo_episode.1.150204.2200.2739.mp3

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Feb 6, 2015

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Pickle Feather Express is being uploaded again too. http://kboo.fm/sites/default/files/episode_audio/kboo_episode.1.150207.0300.2828.mp3

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It's on in under fifteen minutes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Stereo Obscura will being after this song with a mystery guest DJ.