Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~

Boris Galerkin posted:

I thought Tara was all but telling Eugene that she wanted to have sex with him. Especially the part where she said something like "didn't you hear what I just said?" And then he blew it by telling her he sabotaged the car.

Except last season when he tried to put the moves on her and she explicitly tells him she's a lesbian and not into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Boris Galerkin posted:

I thought Tara was all but telling Eugene that she wanted to have sex with him. Especially the part where she said something like "didn't you hear what I just said?" And then he blew it by telling her he sabotaged the car.

He enjoys the female form...just not necessarily the female conversation

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Except last season when he tried to put the moves on her and she explicitly tells him she's a lesbian and not into it.

nah, he just needed time for the Tennessee Top Hat to work its magic.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Tara and Eugene are gonna be bros.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Lycus posted:

Tara and Eugene are gonna be bros.

Eugene is a vegetable now so not sure how that'll work. I guess they'll find a wheelchair or something.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Eugene is a vegetable now so not sure how that'll work. I guess they'll find a wheelchair or something.

It's TV, he's just unconscious for a bit.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 11, 2014

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

She looks awful wistful anytime the other couples are being affectionate, I bet she goes back to ding dong.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Svanja posted:

That is actually a beautiful rendition of Fallout 3. Is there a wallpaper version?

Biggest I could find, only 1200some :(

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Lycus posted:

It's TV, he's just unconscious for a bit.

Yeah, concussions and brain trauma pretty much never factor in as far a writers room is concerned.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

No More Heroes posted:

She looks awful wistful anytime the other couples are being affectionate, I bet she goes back to ding dong.

I think it's not out of the question that she said she didn't like dudes solely because Eugene was hitting on her for the past 2000 miles. She could be bisexual, except that bisexual people in media are pretty much always evil.

Also drat, Abe has got like 3xPTSD right now. Nobody leave him alone with a gun anymore.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

precision posted:

She could be bisexual, except that bisexual people in media are pretty much always evil.

Not unlike albinos.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

PaganGoatPants posted:

It's alright man he'll survive.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

precision posted:

I think it's not out of the question that she said she didn't like dudes solely because Eugene was hitting on her for the past 2000 miles. She could be bisexual, except that bisexual people in media are pretty much always evil.

Also drat, Abe has got like 3xPTSD right now. Nobody leave him alone with a gun anymore.

my guess: he will come close to killing himself again, except this time his girlfriend will reveal that she's pregnant

and then keeping her safe will be his new "mission"

(i hope this doesn't happen and he just kills himself)

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

precision posted:

I think it's not out of the question that she said she didn't like dudes solely because Eugene was hitting on her for the past 2000 miles.

She had a dumb girlfriend in season 4 who died following the Governor's charge.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Berke Negri posted:

Yeah, concussions and brain trauma pretty much never factor in as far a writers room is concerned.

See the first episode for a reminder on this.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

mewse
May 2, 2006

This rules

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
When Abe grabbed Eugene I thought for a couple seconds about the thread theory that Eugene had a bite and he was The Walking Cure and Abe was gonna show everyone.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

GrAviTy84 posted:

When was the last time you looked? I had to mail order mine last time I ran out from aimsurplus and there was a one can limit and it was overpriced as poo poo.

yesterday. in my basement.

take home point: when the zombies come, you are hosed while I and my rec room of democracy are set for at least a year.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

No More Heroes posted:

yeah, she's going to have some weird bunny boiling drama over Glen. Calling it now.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Surlaw posted:

She had a dumb girlfriend in season 4 who died following the Governor's charge.

And got headshot by Lizzie :vince:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

ActusRhesus posted:

yesterday. in my basement.

take home point: when the zombies come, you are hosed while I and my rec room of democracycommunism are set for at least a year.

It's x54r, since when is that Democratic? :colbert:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

ahahah this loving rules

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

So if you can't get enough Carl, Chandler Riggs stars in Mercy, where he fights a witch and a hellhound. It's based on Stephen King's Gramma. It's... not good.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

I thought she said that because he was staring at her tits. She's previously established as being gay.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I don't think people understand what being gay actually means when they keep suggesting she wants Glen or Eugene. And you thought Goons were bad when they couldn't tell an obviously-battered wife and scared children.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Apoplexy posted:

I don't think people understand what being gay actually means when they keep suggesting she wants Glen or Eugene. And you thought Goons were bad when they couldn't tell an obviously-battered wife and scared children.

A lot of people are on a spectrum and only say they're "gay" or "straight" because saying "I'm bisexual but like 90% gay" is complicated. I know plenty of "lesbians" who will still sometimes have sex with guys, and plenty of "gay" guys who will occasionally have sex with a woman if they feel like it.

I think it's been established that something like 90% of bisexual people identify as either gay or straight, for convenience sake and because both the gay and straight communities have massive prejudices against bi people.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
You make a fair point I should've probably considered myself from personal experience. That said, she's only been portrayed in a single manner on the show, and media often has an issue with bisexuality, especially American media. So it's likely she's a 100% lesbian within the context of the show world.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mt0ee9FraQ

You are a good person.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

I don't think people understand what writing a character who behaves in a way contrary to the way in which she's been introduced for dramatic effect/plot movement actually means when they keep suggesting that she's 100% gay despite constantly being filmed looking longingly at Glen, and looking like someone choked her puppy every time Maggie and Glen act like a couple. And you thought Goons were bad when they couldn't tell an obviously-battered wife and scared children.

There. Fixed it for you.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Best line of this episode was Glenn's "I ... didn't need to know that."

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

GrAviTy84 posted:

I think the subtlety of Abe's motivation is a bit lost in the delivery for TV. Basically he has a very irrational anxiety trigger to staying stationary. His mind equates digging in in a location with the rape of his wife and daughter and eventually their leaving him and their death. It is of course not rational, but that's inevitably how Rick becomes the defacto leader again (comicspoiler)

That's a good point, and it fits with the way they used really abrupt cuts (like, in the middle of music cues abrupt) to switch back from the flashbacks to reality. It drove home that they weren't just flashbacks, they were Abe's stream of consciousness that happens whenever they're not moving forward.

This means that Abe is a fraud just like Eugene, because his motivation is never truly about getting Eugene to safety. He's constantly pushing the group to keep moving because he can't stand being alone with his own thoughts. Very likely, he is just as much responsible for getting people killed in his haste as Eugene is, if not more.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Berke Negri posted:

Oh, I'm pretty sure he's hosed up good. We went from looking relatively ok, just knocked out on his feet to face smashed in when they show him slamming straight down on it. I think we're gonna find out he's drat near dead at the least and Abe goes on to put another check on his wrist for punchout deaths

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Apoplexy posted:

You make a fair point I should've probably considered myself from personal experience. That said, she's only been portrayed in a single manner on the show, and media often has an issue with bisexuality, especially American media. So it's likely she's a 100% lesbian within the context of the show world.

Honestly? What guys has she had time to hook up with that weren't "We need to gently caress now" the moment she ran into them. Either they had sex as the only thing going or they simply haven't stopped long enough for her to really stake one out except Eugene since she's been around him the longest and he shows some interest. I mean it hasn't been a month since the Gov met up with them, and prior to that, what did she really have? Some overly macho men?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This show isn't subtle and I didn't mean to put forth the theory that she is actually bisexual. When someone says "I'm gay" on television it always means "I am literally on the end of the Kinsey scale".

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Is Abe pulling out his stitches in his sleep because he subconsciously doesn't want to heal? Or is he just angry and incapable of going a whole day without punching someone?

Either answer works for me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I take his bleeding hands as a physical consequence and symbol of his problem. He won't stop and rest. He hasn't since that day so his wounds have never had the chance to heal because he's always pushing himself harder and farther. So whether it's zombie killing, fixing a bus, moving cars off the road, or slugging someone out he just keeps putting stress on them, opening the wounds, and never slow down and rests long enough to let them truly close.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Macbeth reference. Out spot, out.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
When Eugene hit the ground and they flipped him over, his eyes were rolling back into his head - I thought he was having a seizure or something to be honest.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That was a life changing punch. Eugene is going to wake up either a potato or a stone badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

moths posted:

Is Abe pulling out his stitches in his sleep because he subconsciously doesn't want to heal? Or is he just angry and incapable of going a whole day without punching someone?

Either answer works for me.

Weren't you paying attention? He has AIDS.

• Locked thread