Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Monolith posted the main theme of Xenoblade Chronicles X on their website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOzx6-VrsZY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Renegret posted:

So I picked up Bayonetta because this thread wouldn't shut up about it. I never touched the game before other than knowing it exists and that you murder stuff.

I only played for 45 minutes doing the intro chapter of the first game, but I can't get it out of my head that Bayonetta looks like a Librarian. Therefore, I am retconning the plot of this game, the story is now about Bayonetta battling angels in an attempt to retrieve an overdue book.

She really wants that book back.

You're not the only one, it seems.

Wonder Bayonetta's day job in Wonderful 101 is stated to be librarian because I guess Kamiya thought it was funny that tons of people thought she looked like one.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wonder if Nintendo will allow third parties to use Amiibos any way they want. The irony of using a Mega Man Amiibo in Mighty No. 9 would be hilarious.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Looks like some fourth-wave amiibos have leaked:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

JordanKai posted:

Yes

Polo-Rican posted:

Looks like some fourth-wave amiibos have leaked:

Hell Yes

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

JordanKai posted:

It feels more like Mass Effect/Western RPG music than traditional JRPG music, I like that.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

JordanKai posted:

I was a little upset when I found out the person/people who did the Xenoblade soundtrack weren't doing the next one, but this sounds pretty good. I'm not one to get too hung up on video game soundtracks, but there were so many good songs on Xenoblade Chronicles.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTG_IQfraUk

"Retailer exclusive"?

:ohdear:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Really hope there is as much melodic stuff in Xenoblade Chronicles X as there was in the first. Really getting tired of the generic strings that you forget in about five seconds that they like to put in games now. Every game trying to be "epic" has the exact same boring rear end string soundtrack. Doesn't sound like anything. It's just there.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I think it's because it's just so much easier to make the "epic" soundtrack now. I remember reading some article awhile back that a ton of Hollywood films have orchestral scores because with modern technology they've completely recorded all these arrangements and such so that people can just whip them up on a computer.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Yeah I don't like that sound of that at all. I'd like all of them to just be there on amazon for me to order

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Some additional Amiibo news that I guess is kinda' nice - it turns out that Amiibo are not region-locked. I still doubt we'd be tossing them over the pond too much, but there's the option!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

European release dates for the wave 3 Amiibos!

No King Dedede until February. :qq:

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't know if anyone still remembers or cares about Rodea the Sky Soldier, the flight/action game by Prope that was announced for Wii and never mentioned again, but the publisher Kadokawa has finally started talking about it - it's a Wii U/3DS game now, and it's set for a JP release in spring 2015.

Oh wow. I thought that it had become vaporware for sure. Thanks for the heads-up! Not sure if it'll ever get localized, but it's cool that it's actually getting released somewhere.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So do they have an Isabelle amiibo yet. Where's the Isabelle amiibo, Nintendo. Where's Isabelle.

WHERE IS SHE

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Policenaut posted:

So do they have an Isabelle amiibo yet. Where's the Isabelle amiibo, Nintendo. Where's Isabelle.

WHERE IS SHE

She went away to a farm to play with all the other one note animal characters.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Policenaut posted:

WHERE IS SHE

We're going to need a Wii U Animal Crossing game first! Believe.

Also, poor Shulk. It seems he can never escape from being a Gamestop exclusive. :v:

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

Ultigonio posted:

Some additional Amiibo news that I guess is kinda' nice - it turns out that Amiibo are not region-locked. I still doubt we'd be tossing them over the pond too much, but there's the option!

That's good to know.
I ordered Mario, Fox, and Villager from Amazon Japan, but they're certainly not cheap at 12 bucks a throw and now there's a lineup of 29 announced figures far before release?
If I can get more cheaper here on deals, etc., that'd work for me.
Still, I think I'd rather buy ten games than all the figures.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Policenaut posted:

WHERE IS SHE

She'd most likely appear alongside a Wii U Animal Crossing game, which likely won't be released for a very long time since the AC development team is working on Splatoon.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

JordanKai posted:

Also, poor Shulk. It seems he can never escape from being a Gamestop exclusive. :v:

I hope everything Xenoblade related becomes a Gamestop exclusive.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Well obviously the next step is an N3DS Xenoblade bundle (which is something I really hope happens over here)

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

JordanKai posted:

We're going to need a Wii U Animal Crossing game first! Believe.

I think I'm the only person who doesn't like Animal Crossing. Give me a Metroid or Kid Icarus game drat it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Fremry posted:

I think I'm the only person who doesn't like Animal Crossing.

You and Taint Reaper. So, uh

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

There is some of this horseshit going on in Canada with the game+controller+adapter bundle and some of the component parts. That isn't what people with money want to hear Nintendo. gently caress.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Finally, a Shulk amiibo :shepspends:.

I'm confused. Why is Shulk's amiibo wearing so much clothing?

I'm definitely going to be having a problem of trying to decide what games to buy in the next couple of months. So far I have Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, and Mario Wii U (and Nintendo Land). I just played the Pikmin 3 demo and that game seems great, so that might be next?

Does Nintendo ever do big sales on the e-shop around Black Friday or Christmas?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

I mean, you don't need to think too hard what Amiibo to get at this point, just wait until your Metaknight arrives and then judge what is worth getting and not based on that experience!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Spincut posted:

I'm confused. Why is Shulk's amiibo wearing so much clothing?

I'm definitely going to be having a problem of trying to decide what games to buy in the next couple of months. So far I have Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, and Mario Wii U (and Nintendo Land). I just played the Pikmin 3 demo and that game seems great, so that might be next?

Does Nintendo ever do big sales on the e-shop around Black Friday or Christmas?
They just had some to get ready for smash, with DKC:TF for 30 and Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World for 40, I don't know if they will do that again.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Bread Liar
I pre-ordered the Shulk Amiibo from Gamestop's site since I have a feeling it'll be hard to get being exclusive and all.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In a year gamestop will start selling "used" Shulk Amiibos for $80.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That Wii/3DS game that Yuji Naka's studio announced back in 2011 before disappearing into thin air is apparently still scheduled to release, only now it's a WiiU/3DS release targeted for 2015 in Japan.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/11/rodea-sky-soldier-lives-coming-wii-u-3ds-spring-2015/

It's also kind of interesting that "The Wii version of Rodea the Sky Soldier that never released will also be included in first-print copy of Rodea the Sky Soldier for Wii U when it releases in Spring 2015 in Japan.".

From the looks of the one trailer they put out back in 2011, it looks kind of like NiGHTS with shooting game elements.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPPa3H8kZLc

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
I hate amiibos. They suck and look awful.

I'll probably end up buying some.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I imagine Target and Wal Mart are both going to have an exclusive figure since they're uh, Target and Wal Mart.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Motto posted:

That Wii/3DS game that Yuji Naka's studio announced back in 2011 before disappearing into thin air is apparently still scheduled to release, only now it's a WiiU/3DS release targeted for 2015 in Japan.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/11/rodea-sky-soldier-lives-coming-wii-u-3ds-spring-2015/

It's also kind of interesting that "The Wii version of Rodea the Sky Soldier that never released will also be included in first-print copy of Rodea the Sky Soldier for Wii U when it releases in Spring 2015 in Japan.".

From the looks of the one trailer they put out back in 2011, it looks kind of like NiGHTS with shooting game elements.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPPa3H8kZLc

This looks pretty interesting. Reminds me of NiGHTS mixed with Kid Icarus: Uprising. It lives or dies by the controls.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm glad that there's no Daisy Amiibo coming out. They threw her to the loving curb after they realized that Rosilina filled the same nitche and is a whole lot better. I mean there is really no space where Daisy can and/or should exist that isn't already occupied.

Not only that but if they're adding Zelda guys into Mario games there would be too many Princesses.

And Daisy is the worst Princess who comes from Gameboy Mario games that have long since been replaced in reverence.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to get a Little Mac amibo in hopes of a Punch Out U!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

bowmore posted:

I'm going to get a Little Mac amibo in hopes of a Punch Out U!

They should call it Punch U Out.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/list/index.html

This site lists that Kirby, Samus, Fox, and Captain Falcon Amiibos are compatible with Mario Kart 8 (along with the Link and Toon Link). Captain Falcon makes sense because the Blue Falcon is DLC, but I wonder what the other three will give you.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

seiferguy posted:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/list/index.html

This site lists that Kirby, Samus, Fox, and Captain Falcon Amiibos are compatible with Mario Kart 8 (along with the Link and Toon Link). Captain Falcon makes sense because the Blue Falcon is DLC, but I wonder what the other three will give you.

They have already said that it's new costumes for your Mii driver.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Everyone please watch Nintendo Direct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm glad that there's no Daisy Amiibo coming out. They threw her to the loving curb after they realized that Rosilina filled the same nitche and is a whole lot better. I mean there is really no space where Daisy can and/or should exist that isn't already occupied.

Not only that but if they're adding Zelda guys into Mario games there would be too many Princesses.

And Daisy is the worst Princess who comes from Gameboy Mario games that have long since been replaced in reverence.

This is a weird amount of hate for Daisy.

Peach is still mostly a way worse character anyways :colbert:

Also there isn't a Daisy Amiibo right now simply because she's not a character in Smash. I don't think it's a sign that Nintendo hates Daisy now.

• Locked thread