Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Surprisingly it's not just a one-off joke, the Almighty Robot Policeman is actually referenced a couple times by other people too, like the dancin' claptrap in front of Jack's office!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So played a bit as Wilhelm. I'll just say that he can REALLY itch that Enforcer itch left from Payday 2. I think. Mainly due to the run-and-gun and has shotguns by default things.

Just a few questions. One, is the loyalty loot randomized? Because I managed to snag a blue shotgun from the start. Two, on a scale of "Eh, probably for the best" to "Aggressively uninstalls and deletes BL1", how insufferable do the original crew get? Because the intro with Athena captured left a... bit of an off taste in my mouth. Like, I know they're supposed to be character types, but I get the feeling they flanderized them juuuust a bit. And three, is it alright to want a story where both sides of the conflict get poo poo on? Obviously I'm not supposed to feel bad helping JohnJack. But I got a bit of sympathy for the gently caress?

I'll probably pelt questions when and if I get further in.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there an ETA for jack on PC or is this another thing happening on steam time?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Fauxtool posted:

Is there an ETA for jack on PC or is this another thing happening on steam time?

Most likely 10am PST.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

widespread posted:

So played a bit as Wilhelm. I'll just say that he can REALLY itch that Enforcer itch left from Payday 2. I think. Mainly due to the run-and-gun and has shotguns by default things.

Just a few questions. One, is the loyalty loot randomized? Because I managed to snag a blue shotgun from the start. Two, on a scale of "Eh, probably for the best" to "Aggressively uninstalls and deletes BL1", how insufferable do the original crew get? Because the intro with Athena captured left a... bit of an off taste in my mouth. Like, I know they're supposed to be character types, but I get the feeling they flanderized them juuuust a bit. And three, is it alright to want a story where both sides of the conflict get poo poo on? Obviously I'm not supposed to feel bad helping JohnJack. But I got a bit of sympathy for the gently caress?

I'll probably pelt questions when and if I get further in.
Most of this thread is people complaining about Lilith, so pretty bad.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
You always get the same shotgun and revolver for the loyalty loot but sometimes the shotgun will have an elemental effect on it, I had one with cryo and it was the tits.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Actually you do get the same base guns, but the parts are still randomised. I got a two fer Masher one time and it was pretty sweet.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

widespread posted:

Obviously I'm not supposed to feel bad helping JohnJack. But I got a bit of sympathy for the gently caress?
Keep playing.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
I'M TOO SEXY FOR MY SHIRT (Handsome Jack)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I_5e20pzsw

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
When do you start seeing those really cool pistol things from BL1?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Tezzeract posted:

I'M TOO SEXY FOR MY SHIRT (Handsome Jack)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I_5e20pzsw

That was wonderful. :allears:

Momohime Katsumi posted:

When do you start seeing those really cool pistol things from BL1?

You mean the revolvers that, if im not mistaken got rolled into Pistols?

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Thyrork posted:

You mean the revolvers that, if im not mistaken got rolled into Pistols?

And the type of pistol is determined by their manufacturer. Jacobs, Maliwan, and Torgue make revolvers while Dahl, Hyperion, Vladof, Tediore, and Bandit/Scav make autoloaders.

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
:\ I thought those were the mashers people were talking about. I guess I dunno what a masher is.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Momohime Katsumi posted:

:\ I thought those were the mashers people were talking about. I guess I dunno what a masher is.

Mashers were a type of revolver in BL1 that fired a spread of bullets like a shotgun and were the greatest thing mankind has ever created. They live on in the pre-order revolver and the Maggie legendary.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Tbh they've never really brought mashers back. Revolvers and mashers in BL1 had a very specific feel that none of the guns in the latter two games really replicate. And with mashers, neither the Maggie nor the loyalty gun have the insane pinpoint accuracy that some of the mashers in BL1 had (which allowed you to reliably head shot people with all of the rounds).

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'd like to see a wristpistol/fistpistol* weapon type like Jack was wearing in TPS.

*Wristol? Fistol?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

FAUXTON posted:

I'd like to see a wristpistol/fistpistol* weapon type like Jack was wearing in TPS.

*Wristol? Fistol?
Looking at his skill tree, it appears there is a melee override skill that lets you use his wrist lasers.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'd like them to have every manufacturer make every gun type. A Jakobs rocket launcher would basically be a giant shoulder mounted revolver that fires huge fuckoff bullets.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 11, 2014

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

thebardyspoon posted:

I'd like them to have every manufacturer make every gun type. A Jakobs rocket launcher would basically be a giant should mounted revolver that fires huge fuckoff bullets.

I hope that in Borderlands 3, we get Jakobs shields that are just a fuckin suit of armor.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Jack is pretty awesome.

Edit: The funny bit was when Jack wants to shoot dopple Jack to Elpis. You're like, wait... I'm supposed to be saving your life or something?

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 11, 2014

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Tezzeract posted:

Jack is pretty awesome.

I started a Wilhelm game to like level 10 but then saw how Jack's action still is pretty much the same as Wilhelm so I am waiting to just play as Jack.

I'm sure the dialog responses between Jack and Jack are going to be worth the play through, even though Wilhelm's super-pro Don't-Give-A-gently caress-At-All responses to all of the dialog has been awesome.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

thebardyspoon posted:

A Jakobs rocket launcher would basically be a giant shoulder mounted revolver that fires huge fuckoff bullets.

I always thought this should have been a Jakobs RL.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Jack's Body Double is pretty good so far. Lovin' that they made him kind of a pansy when it comes to heights because half of my time in this game is probably spent soaring through the air.

"He's got big dreams! And I've... got student loans."

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Jakobs rocket launchers should just be quake 2 style railguns

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Dopple Jack is pretty different from Willhelm, he doesn't get auto regeneration when his Digi Jacks are out.

Looking forward to trying out his skill that gives you different brand bonuses for weapon swapping.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

CJacobs posted:

Jack's Body Double is pretty good so far. Lovin' that they made him kind of a pansy when it comes to heights because half of my time in this game is probably spent soaring through the air.

"He's got big dreams! And I've... got student loans."

I can't see how anyone is scared of heights on Pandora, there has never been fall damage.

Ricardio
Dec 3, 2012

Completely Consensual
There was fall damage in BL1

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Ricardio posted:

There was fall damage in BL1

Wow, I don't think I'm gonna go back and replay BL1.

Chest3r
Dec 8, 2003
nutsack.

nutranurse posted:

If I remember correctly, it was a very trivial amount (like 1-5% of your life) and there really weren't many places to even incur fall damage.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
And it hit your shields first. Just don't go jumping off any really tall buildings.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Speedball posted:

Dopple Jack is pretty different from Willhelm, he doesn't get auto regeneration when his Digi Jacks are out.

Looking forward to trying out his skill that gives you different brand bonuses for weapon swapping.

I just really like how the Digi-Jacks feel like Deathtrap. They get a copy of your shield with one of the skills on the left tree, so a good Nova shield ought to be fun with them.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

nutranurse posted:

You probably should. Just to see how fast you can throw the hunters off a cliff if applicable.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Dr.Smasher posted:

I just really like how the Digi-Jacks feel like Deathtrap. They get a copy of your shield with one of the skills on the left tree, so a good Nova shield ought to be fun with them.

So the digiJacks run around? I saw something early about them standing still like turrets and that dampened my idea of sending streams of exploding Jacks.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

mycot posted:

So the digiJacks run around? I saw something early about them standing still like turrets and that dampened my idea of sending streams of exploding Jacks.

They will move a little bit, they don't have the motion or range of DT. You get two Digi-Jacks at one though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

mycot posted:

They don't necessarily run around so much as they follow enemies but are leashed to you, so they don't stray too far from either side of you (one jack stays on your left, the other on your right). If you move out of their range, they teleport to you and keep firing. They're basically mobile turrets, though they do melee enemies that get close with a pretty funny kung-fu kick.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Did they buff XP gain? Jack seems to be leveling a bit faster than I expected.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The amount of spaghetti that fell out of Jack's pockets talking to Moxxi will feed Concordia for weeks.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Dely Apple posted:

The amount of spaghetti that fell out of Jack's pockets talking to Moxxi will feed Concordia for weeks.

... is it bad I want a literal spaghetti DLC where certain NPCs cause a lot of it to spawn in the room?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
What the hell does spaghetti falling out pockets mean? I know it's not a literal thing because I checked and nope Jack is barely even Italian, let alone somebody who carries pasta in his pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's a meme that is basically shorthand for 'embarrassed and generally unable to form sentences properly' which is pretty accurate when it comes to Jack's body double and Moxxi.

I am upset that I was wrong about the last skill in the digi-Jack tree allowing you to kill your own digi-Jacks to intentionally blow them up and trigger other skills but I guess what we ended up getting is close enough.

• Locked thread