Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

:siren: HOW TO FIX YOUR SETTINGS ON PC: :siren:

Use FXAA, disable vsync and change to borderless windows to let microsoft do the vsync. If you have steam add "-disablepagefilecheck" (without quotations) to launch parameters. If you still have issues turn the shadows to low.

Of course this only fixes the major stuff, indoors and crowd scenes are still a loving mess.

Bro Dad fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Black Flag is the only good Asscreed game. It also is a really good game in general.

Bro Dad posted:

:siren: HOW TO FIX YOUR SETTINGS ON PC: :siren:

Don't buy Unity

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Orv posted:

He is the insufferable British guy from AC2-4.

I thought that was me?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They need to get rid of the "wit" and "humor" in the history stuff. Thats my opinion bye.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Does Rogue still have the Shanties? Because that is a big selling point to me.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Skeezy posted:

New ones even.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Orv posted:

New ones even.

Oh wow, so it has the older ones and some new ones?!?!?!

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

20 new ones and a few from Black Flag.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

That is awesome and instantly makes Rogue the better AC game.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Bro Dad posted:

Do they have 'Leave Her, Johnny'? I've had that one stuck in my head pretty much non-stop since last October.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bro Dad posted:

Does Drunken Sailor return? Please tell me Drunken Sailor returns.

Whide
Nov 3, 2013
Can I unlock Unity yet if I live in Europe?

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

beer_war posted:

AC:Black Flag and Splinter Cell: Blacklist were pretty much universally praised.

I bought this one based off how good black flag was. Teach me to not wait for reviews.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Skeezy posted:

Even Unity has something like shanties, but I think you can only play them from the codex thing.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Reverse Centaur posted:

Even Unity has something like shanties, but I think you can only play them from the codex thing.

Which makes it a worse game because I can't sail and listen to the awesome shanties.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Black Flag is the only good Asscreed game. It also is a really good game in general.

You're not even keeping your gimmick consistent man. Lazy work.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Well, tried to purchase through India as per Savvygamer, but the Checkout isn't having it, and I point-blank am not giving Ubi fifty loving pounds for an AC game, no matter how pretty they've made it. That's not price gouging, that's outright mockery of the people, a blatant 'Hey look you fucks will eat our poo poo no matter what price tag we stick on it, laffo'.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

You're not even keeping your gimmick consistent man. Lazy work.

If you think Black Flag was bad you're retarded. Black Flag owned.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Well it's a good thing that Assassin's Creed Rogue: Black Flag 2 came out today!

Ubisoft didn't bother sending out many review copies of it in advance, but it looks like that was a tactical error on their part.

First review I can find says it's good.

Edit: GameInformer gives it a 8.25, slightly higher than the 8 they give Unity.

macnbc fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 11, 2014

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Shockeh posted:

Well, tried to purchase through India as per Savvygamer, but the Checkout isn't having it, and I point-blank am not giving Ubi fifty loving pounds for an AC game, no matter how pretty they've made it. That's not price gouging, that's outright mockery of the people, a blatant 'Hey look you fucks will eat our poo poo no matter what price tag we stick on it, laffo'.

It's okay, Ubisoft will let you eat cake.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

The only "bad" parts of Rogue are the blatant copypasting of art assets and that the main character might be even more bland than Desmond.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

macnbc posted:

Well it's a good thing that Assassin's Creed Rogue: Black Flag 2 came out today!

Ubisoft didn't bother sending out many review copies of it in advance, but it looks like that was a tactical error on their part.

noice! I'll prolly grab this on PC when its at a more sane $20-30 range.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

BabelFish posted:

I bought this one based off how good black flag was. Teach me to not wait for reviews.

Learned my lesson with AC:III. I'll probably get Unity eventually, but it seems there's no reason to rush.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

macnbc posted:

rogues getting good reviews from what i seen. Disappointed about unity. it looked interesting from the walkthroughs on youtube. I guess ill wait for the multiple patches.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Being more of the same of Black Flag automatically makes Rogue better than Unity even if Rogue is mediocre too.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So those of you who added me on PC should send a request to join the Club. There are apparently Club leagues where-in each week our Creed totals stack up against 5 others and whoever has the most gets prizes. Woo. The more interesting feature is that in the Club room under the Cafe Theatre, members of your club show up in all their horrible, goony glory.

E: Joining the Club happens once you're out of the prologue, go to My Brotherhood, My Club/Search For Club, search for [SAAC] or Goon_Ass and it'll ping me to let you in.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Ubisoft releasing Unity in the shape that it is in is having me cancel my preorder for Far Cry 4 and now I will wait for reviews that day before just going to the store to get it.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Orv posted:

The more interesting feature is that in the Club room under the Cafe Theatre, members of your club show up in all their horrible, goony glory.

I think I just saw Joystiq take another star away after figuring that out.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Just added you Orv, as Halgreth.

Orv
May 4, 2011

macnbc posted:

I think I just saw Joystiq take another star away after figuring that out.

I am purple as gently caress and my hat has a sock on it. :colbert:

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Skeezy posted:

Which makes it a worse game because I can't sail and listen to the awesome shanties.

Did you know there is a version of the Black Flag soundtrack that is just shanties?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Ubisoft confuses me. Child of Light and Valiant Hearts were two of the best games from a AAA studio this year. They also put out Watch Underscore Dogs and this, which are deeply subpar.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Utnayan posted:

Ubisoft releasing Unity in the shape that it is in is having me cancel my preorder for Far Cry 4 and now I will wait for reviews that day before just going to the store to get it.

There's been tons of advance footage of fc4 coop and single player and it looks like it runs well and is just FC3 again with nepalese people and flags and music

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Shanties should be in every game, especially the ones with hilariously dirty lyrics. Whatever version of Drunken Sailor they put in Black Flag did not have my favorite verses.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Did you know there is a version of the Black Flag soundtrack that is just shanties?

Oh yeah I know. I'm listening to it now actually.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
anyone getting weird pop-in on textures and objects, specifically the townspeople? wondering if it's just me or that's just how this game do, because it's really noticeable running around

also, what does the "stretching on/off" option do

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
So did they improve the stealth at all in Unity?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Patter Song posted:

Ubisoft confuses me. Child of Light and Valiant Hearts were two of the best games from a AAA studio this year. They also put out Watch Underscore Dogs and this, which are deeply subpar.

It seems to be a split philosophy between making interesting inexpensive projects that are almost like indie games and then churning out several "AAA" titles per year that are designed from the ground up with a business model and a spreadsheet in hand. There doesn't seem to be anyone at Ubi who's really compassionate about the AC series and it's beginning to shine through the cracks in the games themselves.

Edit: Just learned that Blood Dragon II isn't happening. Shame on you Ubisoft.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 11, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bro Dad posted:

The only "bad" parts of Rogue are the blatant copypasting of art assets and that the main character might be even more bland than Desmond.

Shay, or the modern day stand in?

Rogue sounded interesting to me because I want to see things from the Templars perspective, instead of playing as an assassin for the umpteenth time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cyra posted:

anyone getting weird pop-in on textures and objects, specifically the townspeople? wondering if it's just me or that's just how this game do, because it's really noticeable running around

also, what does the "stretching on/off" option do

yes multiple reviewers and video streamers have seen that

blackguy32 posted:

So did they improve the stealth at all in Unity?

you can crouch and stick to cover (but can't corner around objects or snap to other objects, making a room full of furniture a death trap)

• Locked thread